PDA

View Full Version : Canada wins gold versus USA !

eklips3
02-28-2010, 04:34 PM
hahaha im celebratin here boys !! time to get wasted !!

Americans played one hell of a game but in the end ... Canada owns at hockey :)

good game USA

Freddy
02-28-2010, 04:47 PM
This is OUR game.

CrimsonRockett
02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
http://thafeedback.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/americashat.jpg

atutt
02-28-2010, 04:50 PM
The Americans played a FANTASTIC game! I have high respects.
Congratulations on Silver. It's nothing to to frown upon!

But we rock...

drift freaq
02-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Congrats to both teams it was a hard fought game and truthfully either team deserved the win. When it comes to Hockey both Canada and the U.S. rock.

1eightySX
02-28-2010, 04:54 PM

A toque is a hat.

atutt
02-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Congrats to both teams it was a hard fought game and truthfully either team deserved the win. When it comes to Hockey both Canada and the U.S. rock.

Very true. Had you guys won the gold. It would have been a very well deserved gold....

But you didn't think we'd let you walk away with OUR gold on home soil did ya? :P

Otto347
02-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Good game on both ends, just wish it wasnt crosby that scored the last goal.

atutt
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM

It had to be him...
There couldn't have been a better way for that game to end. Then the way it did. (for us obviously)

But seriously... The expressions on the Americans looked like they all came in last...
It's okay.. Silver matches your jerseys. The gold would clashed..
Just kidding.

You guys brought a phenomenal game...

Matej
02-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Not talking about this specific game, but has anyone else noticed that whenever Canada plays hockey at the Olympics, if there is a controversial call to be made, it is always called in favor of Canada?
It has happened at every Winter Olympics I can remember. There were calls at these Olympics as well which I believe were bad, and whenever Canada played they were all called in favor of Canada of course, and a couple of them might have possibly completely changed the outcome.

Love Canada when it comes to everything else, hate Canada when it comes to hockey, haha.

phillofdfuture
02-28-2010, 05:07 PM
ya really good game..especially with that 3rd period tying goal

atutt
02-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Not talking about this specific game, but whenever Canada plays hockey at the Olympics, if there is a controversial call to be made, it is always called in favor of Canada.
It has happened at every Winter Olympics I can remember. There were a few calls I believe should not have been called in Canada's favor at these Olympics as well, which might have completely changed the outcome.

Love Canada when it comes to everything else, hate Canada when it comes to hockey, haha.

Yeah.. You guys still upset about the Salt Lake City win!? lol :P

ya really good game..especially with that 3rd period tying goal

Man... My heart skipped a few beats...

Brian
02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

But wow, what a shithole last goal. If somebody else scored, it would have been ok. But pussy face Crosby had to score. What a c sucker.

holemilk00
02-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Canada owns at hockey :)

Yeah you know, because its been what?? since 92 that a Canadian team won the Stanley cup????????

army240
02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah you know, because its been what?? since 92 that a Canadian team won the Stanley cup????????

'93, Canadiens de Montréal! But yeah, NHL is all about nationality, forgot about that... :rolleyes:

Canada's Game! Good game to both teams tought! That was a really great moment!

Frank

atutt
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM

When was the last time a Canadian team consisted of Canadian players only?
Or an American team for that matter.

Patrick Bowering
02-28-2010, 06:11 PM

Agreed. such a whiner

TurboSE
02-28-2010, 06:23 PM
This is OUR only game.

Seriously, you shouldn't even waste money buying uniforms for your summer olympics teams...save it and buy cars for your police

Wongger
02-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Canada Canada Canada Canada !! YAH

ZilviaKid
02-28-2010, 06:30 PM
only

Seriously, you shouldn't even waste money buying uniforms for your summer olympics teams...save it and buy cars for your police
fuck man dont be so butt hurt.

i can hear you crying all the way from here..

rice_bowl
02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
I felt bad for Miller. He looked so...depressed.

Ktown_drifter
02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
YAAAAAAYYYY we win............. too bad we fail at everything else.. Hell I cant even skate urg

mrchomponthis
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Loungo's puck control was a complete joke. Miller played well minus the last goal. that should have been a routine save. Crosby is amazing but Nash made a name for himself in these Olympics.

tricky_ab
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I was at soccer tonight so I missed the last period of the game. All I heard near the end of our match was people yelling, screaming, running around cheering! I knew what was up :) I'll watch the reply later...

drift4saki
02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Loungo's puck control was a complete joke.

I disagree, I think Luongo did quite well for himself, seeing as how he was the back-up goalie

T chop
02-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I disagree, I think Luongo did quite well for himself, seeing as how he was the back-up goalie

Backup goalie? Uh pretty sure we have 3 elite level goalies. Puck handling isn't Luongo's strong point. We won gold like expected, American teams was more of a challenge than expected, don't really know why (when you look at the teams on paper)

I think Miller was the best goalie in the tournament, if Tim Thomas was playing they wouldn't have even made it to the Semi's.

Russian team was weak, 2014 should be interesting.

TurboSE
02-28-2010, 10:53 PM
fuck man dont be so butt hurt.

i can hear you crying all the way from here..

put on your denim jacket and come down here and do something aboot it, eh?

ryguy
02-28-2010, 11:03 PM
PFFFFFFT

Canada shoulda hadda beat us twice.

Great game though.

kyoru
02-28-2010, 11:10 PM
great game, third period tie was nuts though!

Brian
02-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Anybody got a count on how many NHL captains were on the Canada team?

I don't know the number, but there were a shit ton.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-28-2010, 11:11 PM
'93, Canadiens de Montréal!

le tricolore jusqu'au bout!

congrats to both teams. USA will be back in four years time. hopefully, we can get some level of revenge at the world championships in may, though.

ZilviaKid
02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
lol ethugs, oooo your so tough.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

T chop
02-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Anybody got a count on how many NHL captains were on the Canada team?

I don't know the number, but there were a shit ton.

I think it was 9 off the top of my head (if you count Luongo)

Brian
02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
You gotta count him. :)

iginla, crosby, niedermayer, nash, luongo, toews, thornton, stall, richards... right?

djcobra
02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Awesome game! Nice little pass by Iggy for Sid to finish it off!

Yeah, it's Our Game! :)

T chop
02-28-2010, 11:35 PM
You gotta count him. :)

iginla, crosby, niedermayer, nash, luongo, toews, thornton, stall, richards... right?

Thornton isn't captain, Blake is on SJ. And Brendan Morrow (Dallas) is a captain.

Brian
02-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I lol'd at Kesler and Luongo slappin and ticklin I think in the first period.

Brian
02-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Thornton isn't captain, Blake is on SJ. And Brendan Morrow (Dallas) is a captain.

ohhh yeahhhhhhh forgot about Rob Blake. woopsie.

mrchomponthis
02-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Luongo is a good goalie but his rebound control was terrible tonight.

T chop
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Luongo is a good goalie but his rebound control was terrible tonight.

Not really, on the Parise goal. It was a shot through traffic that went off a skate, Luongo saved it and then Parise had the tap in. BUT he should have gloved the wrist shot before that goal (about 10-20 seconds before that).

I like Kesler (when he plays for Vancouver) but playing against him, I really hate him, he is such a cheap, mouthy fuck. I couldn't count the times I saw him hacking after the whistle and talking shit. Even during the 2nd intermission he talked shit about Luongo during an interview.

el ocho
03-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Luongo was good enough to win so who cares. Most gold medals in the winter olympics ever.YE. Ill take less overall medals but with more golds that over havin a shit ton of lame ass bronze medals......

ILoveMyRHS13
03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
LMAO

You made my fucking WEEK with that comment.

atutt
03-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Funny thing is. I hear more 'mericans say "aboot" than I do Canadians... :S

mrchomponthis
03-01-2010, 01:55 AM
I love when people give opinions about hockey when they have probably never played in their life. Luongo didn't play well and I am sure he would admit to it also. Miller CHOKED just like most American born goalies.

saruz
03-01-2010, 02:01 AM

agree =D only thing Canada has that i want is s13 daytime running lights =D:ddog: but it was a great game to watch

TurboSE
03-01-2010, 04:13 AM
lol ethugs, oooo your so tough.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

lol...get over it dude...it was a joke...have a flapjack...

PS - that's not really bacon on the side, it's ham...sorry

yokotas13
03-01-2010, 05:32 AM
i think its sad that the country that originated hockey, almost lost.

drift4saki
03-01-2010, 07:06 AM

That is the most uneducated comment i've ever seen....

tricky_ab
03-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Miller CHOKED just like most American born goalies.

I LOL'd :rofl: Thanks...I didn't know there were this many hockey heads on this forum. I used to play when I was younger (as a goalie) but I gave soccer more of my attention and quit. I still play pickup games though...

ryguy
03-01-2010, 10:05 AM

Haha the U.S. always gets RAPED in the World Baseball Classic, and we invented baseball.

Anyways, Crosby pretty much had Miller 1 on 1. Where were the defensemen? It wasn't all Miller's fault.

T chop
03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I love when people give opinions about hockey when they have probably never played in their life. Luongo didn't play well and I am sure he would admit to it also. Miller CHOKED just like most American born goalies.

Your fucked, both goalies played pretty good. Miller didn't choke it was a quick shot from one of the best players in the world. MILLER is the only reason USA made it to the finals, so don't try and throw him under the bus.

Look at the goals they let in, NONE of them were bad goals........

Brian
03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Luongo had a hard time with his catcher. (in my opinion). I'm a Canucks fan, so no hate here.

I found it amusing to see the guys who normally DON'T wear a shield, using a shield because of the rules. They would adjust it so it was super high up and not even in front of their eyes.

DALAZ_68
03-01-2010, 12:07 PM
didnt some canadian girl hockey team get caught with under age drinking of some sort, on the ice, after the game...!?

way to go canada!

Brian
03-01-2010, 12:09 PM
yeah, after they won, they smoked cigars and drank on the ice.
Cool.

T chop
03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
didnt some canadian girl hockey team get caught with under age drinking of some sort, on the ice, after the game...!?

way to go canada!

There was one girl under 19 (drinking age in BC), Nobody cares.

What happened was, after pretty much all the fans left they had some beers and champagne on the ice, not a big deal, they are adults and they are celebrating a GOLD medal.

mrchomponthis
03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Your fucked, both goalies played pretty good. Miller didn't choke it was a quick shot from one of the best players in the world. MILLER is the only reason USA made it to the finals, so don't try and throw him under the bus.

Look at the goals they let in, NONE of them were bad goals........
Are you kidding me?! Loungo played like he was a nervous wreck the whole game! Miller played well but come on a shot from that severe of an angle should have never gone in. All he needed to do was hug the post. He was anxious which is why he went down. This is coming from someone that has played hockey not from some guy that watched it. THANKS

MandTPhotography
03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Damn you Crosby....

It's hard to see this really as a canadian vs american game though, with so many NHL players spread about.

Was a good game though!

mRclARK1
03-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I read like 3 of the posts. I could care less about the Olympics. haha

FWIW: Most Olympic hockey gold medals goes to... The former Soviet Union.

It's not Canada's game, it's not America's game. It's fucking mother RUSSIA'S game!!! Just not this year. haha

tricky_ab
03-01-2010, 02:46 PM
^^

http://i45.tinypic.com/10hlvno.jpg

Olympic Hockey Medal Winners - All-Time Results of Men's Olympic Hockey (http://proicehockey.about.com/od/olympichockey/a/olympic_medals.htm)

T chop
03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I read like 3 of the posts. I could care less about the Olympics. haha

FWIW: Most Olympic hockey gold medals goes to... The former Soviet Union.

It's not Canada's game, it's not America's game. It's fucking mother RUSSIA'S game!!! Just not this year. haha

Your clueless, It was because the Olympics didn't allow pro Hockey players before.

NONE of the best Canadian or American players could play, but the Soviet Union sent the best possible team they could, I think they were "in the Army", so they weren't considered Pro.

RUSSIA (Not the Soviet Union) has done fuck all since Pro players have been allowed to play in the Olympics.

Ktown_drifter
03-01-2010, 09:24 PM
actually girl who got the 2 winning goals for canada was 18.. legal is 19 in most provinces here except QUE. which is 18, silly french.. rest of canada hates them...

as for the game was a really good game tho it shouldnt have had to go to OT.. those 2 other shots that went off the goal posts shoulda went in.. oh well

as for miller.. fantastic goalie he is the reason USA made it so far.. just came down to he got beat at the end which happens to all goalies just sucked it was for a gold .. BUt anywasy the parties around here after were intense

and. whats this ABOOT thing???? its about A-B-Out not this A-Boot shit, fuckin Eh guys

ryguy
03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Your clueless, It was because the Olympics didn't allow pro Hockey players before.

Fun fact, the United States is #1 all time in Olympic medals, both gold and total (Norway is #1 in gold if you only count Winter, but I'm counting winter and summer games combined.) Who is (still) #2? The Soviet Union, who dissolved 11 Olympics ago.

T chop
03-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Fun fact, the United States is #1 all time in Olympic medals, both gold and total (Norway is #1 in gold if you only count Winter, but I'm counting winter and summer games combined.) Who is (still) #2? The Soviet Union, who dissolved 11 Olympics ago.

Fun fact, nobody was arguing that.

sr180sx
03-02-2010, 01:33 AM
and. whats this ABOOT thing???? its about A-B-Out not this A-Boot shit, fuckin Eh guys

Haha, dude eastern canadians totally say aboot. Its easy to tell if someones from ontario just by the way you say it.

eklips3
03-02-2010, 01:54 AM
miller was a stellar goalie to say the least , he only allowed 5 goals before the final game gotta say thats impressive. props to him. miller was even at the closing ceremonies, from what i saw he was the only one who made it out from that game.

as for the canadian women partying on the ice after the game ... cmon .. you guys wouldnt smoke n drink after a big victory like that ? but it sucks cause of the drinking age being 19 in BC but i dont think anything went down for that celebration.

here out west nobody says aboot. only eh.

Freddy
03-02-2010, 07:15 AM
yeah aboot is a newfoundland thing....

eklips3
03-02-2010, 11:13 PM
yeah aboot is a newfoundland thing....

Lol ... newfies

Dirty Habit
03-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Went and played shinny hockey the other day, everyone had the same comment:

Great game. Good for Canada. Why in gods name did it have to be Crosby that scored?

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/strange-brew.jpg

Take off, eh. Ya hoser.

mRclARK1
03-03-2010, 10:08 PM
^^

http://i45.tinypic.com/10hlvno.jpg

Olympic Hockey Medal Winners - All-Time Results of Men's Olympic Hockey (http://proicehockey.about.com/od/olympichockey/a/olympic_medals.htm)

Okay, so now they're tied. I count 8 for both.

NONE of the best Canadian or American players could play, but the Soviet Union sent the best possible team they could, I think they were "in the Army", so they weren't considered Pro.

RUSSIA (Not the Soviet Union) has done fuck all since Pro players have been allowed to play in the Olympics.

I'm fucking clueless? It's "you're" not "your"

The Olympics should not allow pro hockey players, or pro anything, at all. It's claim has always been it is "amateur" sports. Funny how a pro sport league has to shut down because half of its players are participating in a "amateur" sporting competition.

I'm not clueless. I just don't give a fuck about hockey. I have better shit to do.