PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal alchemist the brotherhood

CleanAndLegit
02-26-2010, 06:31 PM
anybody watch?
cant wait for the next episode! :ddog:

DALAZ_68
02-26-2010, 06:45 PM
youtube hd... its not bad....loving the graphics...im on eps 3 or 4 i think, fuck CN... just watch the subs...

RurouniMidnight
02-26-2010, 06:47 PM
ive seen the first fma years ago i was just about to start watching brotherhood actually, i hear good things.

ryguy
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I thought they tied everything up at the end of the first series.

udon!
02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
ive seen the first fma years ago i was just about to start watching brotherhood actually, i hear good things.

http://sc.tri-bit.com/images/7/74/Y3XL77FXTA3B6LU4UOB6R6CUMPASCSXJ.jpg

the original full medal alchemist made me cry a couple of times. im not done with it yet either im on episode 40. FOR SURE going to watch this.

tricky_ab
02-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I've been meaning to keep up with it. I've watched the original series, and I loved it! I have a friend that's totally into it and bought all of the released bluray discs from J-Land. I've been meaning to watch them (even though my Japanese isn't to hot, I should get by a okay)...

ManoNegra
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
the original full medal alchemist made me cry a couple of times. im not done with it yet either im on episode 40. FOR SURE going to watch this.

You should check out Grave of the Fireflies,
guaranteed to cheer you up

Otto347
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
I thought they tied everything up at the end of the first series.

I think this series is a do over. The first episode they were introducing themselves to people they already met in the other series. At least thats what I got....

ryguy
02-26-2010, 10:02 PM
I think this series is a do over.
Yeah, I just looked it up on Wikipedia and it's a do-over with a different story line, supposedly more closely follows the manga.

Tearlessj
02-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Brotherhood is a remake of the original. With that said, it is 100x better as well!

simmode1
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM
I've been trying to get more ppl to watch this show for a while now... The first 15 episodes of Brotherhood may feel a little rushed & unclear to you... but that's because it's recapping what you may already be familiar with from the old series. But it also corrects things from the old series that contradicted the manga.

After the first 15 episodes, it follows the manga almost precisely. There are a few small changes, but the changes are really good for the story though.

For example: In the manga, Roy Mustang meets Envy (the guy that killed his best friend) when his team clashed with the Homoculous at the watchtower over Barry the Chopper. It wasn't dramatic at all. They removed Roy from that scene in Brotherhood. So according to the manga, the next time Roy meets Envy, it is gonna be super dramatic and impacting...

As far as anime goes, this is the only show I look forward to on a weekly basis right now, especially since Naruto and Bleach are still doing fillers. Even when their filler is done though, FMA:B will still be better.

Devil Man
02-26-2010, 11:29 PM
yea full metal brotherhood is really darn good... better right now then bleach for sure and when bleach isnt doing lame fillers like they are doing right now fma:b is way better

udon!
02-27-2010, 02:15 AM
ok soooooooo i just finished watching the original fma, aaaaaaaand then i go and watch the first 10 seconds of FMA brotherhood, just to find out its not the actual sequal to the original FMA. FML. I WANT TO SEE AL AND EDWARD TOGETHER AGAIN IN THIER TRUE FORMS :*(

simmode1
02-27-2010, 03:30 AM
ok soooooooo i just finished watching the original fma, aaaaaaaand then i go and watch the first 10 seconds of FMA brotherhood, just to find out its not the actual sequal to the original FMA. FML. I WANT TO SEE AL AND EDWARD TOGETHER AGAIN IN THIER TRUE FORMS :*(

Hate to break it to you, but Al's body is... um... nevermind. Just keep watching. And forget everything that happened in the original show right after Al was first captured by Greed, it's all filler after that... including the Conqueror of Shambala movie. All filler crap. Brotherhood is the legit story and is like 100x better than the old story. Not to mention the better animation and music...

CleanAndLegit
02-27-2010, 10:37 AM
well yeah fma bh is wayyy better than original and way more intense forsure i havent read the manga but i plan on soon ima just wait till it ends i hate waiting like with fma bh i gotta wait it airs every sat(us) in jland
its freakin awesome and
yessss
graveyard of the fireflies is an amazing moviee!
so is myy neighbor totoro

Future240
02-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Brotherhood is a remake of the original. With that said, it is 100x better as well!

Intriguing concept, I'd like to see this in other anime. I do believe it is time to watch this.

EvilRB
02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Just finished episode 43 on hulu last night and I gotta tell you guys that I can't wait till the next one every week. This series is much better than the original series!

CleanAndLegit
02-28-2010, 10:57 AM
bout to watch it on animecrazy.net! :]

kingkilburn
02-28-2010, 01:41 PM
You should check out Grave of the Fireflies,
guaranteed to cheer you up

That has got to be the best film no one has seen. I could not recommend it more.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/01/11/firefliesmain_070101043254739_wideweb__300x290,1.j pg

tricky_ab
02-28-2010, 07:26 PM
That has got to be the best film no one has seen. I could not recommend it more.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/01/11/firefliesmain_070101043254739_wideweb__300x290,1.j pg

I will check it out then...

CleanAndLegit
03-01-2010, 12:19 AM
yes do so! its amazing!
and uhmmmm
finally gonna watch fma cause no subs

DALAZ_68
03-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Hate to break it to you, but Al's body is... um... nevermind. Just keep watching. And forget everything that happened in the original show right after Al was first captured by Greed, it's all filler after that... including the Conqueror of Shambala movie. All filler crap. Brotherhood is the legit story and is like 100x better than the old story. Not to mention the better animation and music...

its newer and more thought out...not better...

i will always think FMA and CoS movie were great...since they tethered both very well

and i am enjoying BH too...because its more relating to the manga...

just my .02

CleanAndLegit
03-01-2010, 11:56 PM
yeah fma was great regardless
the movie was amazing
yall need to start checking out Miyazaki
films amazing!

simmode1
03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
its newer and more thought out...not better...

I have to disagree. The whole 'Dante' storyline was retarded to me. First off, Dante is a dude's name. Period. Second off, she wants to perfect her immortality so she won't smell wierd/rot anymore and get back at Hoeninheim for rejecting her love? GHEEEEEY! Third of all, Amisteris soldiers rape Roze and that bastard kid will be Dante's new host? Ghostbusters II.

There was alot that was good about the old show. But there were major points that were dumb, IMO. Brotherhood's story is soooo much better, it makes the goodness that we remember from the old show seem like absolute crap.

The only things I really miss about the old show is the greater focus on Hughes character and when Ed battled Roy for his certification (that ish was funny).

Sidenote: just watched FMA:BH 46. That tsunami map was annoying. Slow episode, but next week, it's on! Feels like they are skipping some stuff though... I'm gonna go reread the manga to see...

tricky_ab
03-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Well I've started to watch the Japanese blurays (I borrowed them from a friend) and I can already say that I like where the story is heading! It's like they cut a bunch of the filler story from the first and gave the viewer nothing but full action and solid stories that you fully care about. Also did they add new characters? (my memory is failing me at the moment)...

I'm on episode 22 and it looks like things are really going to pop off!

revat619
03-23-2010, 09:01 PM
FMA:BH is legit. I just watched episode 50. So sick. It TOTALLY kills the original FMA series.

simmode1
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Also did they add new characters? (my memory is failing me at the moment)...

Well kinda. Some of the old Homoculous from the old show were filler and crappy. The whole storyline about 'whoever you tried to ressurect comes back as a Homoculous' was crap, so Izumi's kid was never Envy and Ed/Al's mom was never that water chick. Sloth and Pride are the two Homoculous who would be new to you.

Also new would be all the ppl from Xin: Ling, Ran Fan, old man Yuu and Xiao Mei. Plus the cool chimeras that run around with the crew. Oh and Major Armstrong's sister... wholly crap she's a boss...

RurouniMidnight
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Im all caught up after i started watching a few weeks ago, i definitely like brotherhood way more and the story line they veered into from to original is way better and interesting yay! ps. Armstrong's Sis is a bad mamajama.

Enna
03-24-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm tempted to continue where I left off, ep 32 or something I believe, but the manga is so close to being finished. I think maybe.... 3 more chapters? 105 just came out last week and it was epic. I did like the change of pace they took with the Brotherhood version. So much better.

simmode1
03-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Enna, it's worth it to start around episode 15, IMO. I'll refresh your memory on some event of the manga you might have forgotten. Plus the animation of the action sequences in combination with the selected music is sooo powerful!

I shit you not, my friend! Episode 41: Clash in Bascool... when Ed gets impaled is so INTENSE!

Another favorite of mine is when Scar first fights Kimblee on the train. Can't remember the episode number, but it was awesome!

Oh and Wrath versus the old Greed and Wrath versus Ling for the first time! Man good stuff...

simmode1
04-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Just watched episode 51... So damned action packed, I couldn't sit down and watch it. That little chick Xiao Mei can fight! The next month or two of FMA is gonna be amazing...

DALAZ_68
04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
fuck...im still on like episode 6...i totally forgot abotu watching this...lol

CleanAndLegit
04-06-2010, 07:02 PM
dude go to animecrazy.net :]

CleanAndLegit
04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
OMFG! SICKKK epi 51 last part is such a cock tease!

simmode1
04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
OMFG! SICKKK epi 51 last part is such a cock tease!

Yessir! It's gonna be sooo badass too! And I feel like I've been waiting for this Sloth fight forever! Expect epicness followed by more epicness!

tricky_ab
04-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it seems like everything has boiled over and now we get to enjoy the action! I'm sad that there's only a few more episodes left...

simmode1
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it seems like everything has boiled over and now we get to enjoy the action! I'm sad that there's only a few more episodes left...

Very true. I'm expecting it to wrap up at or around the same time as the manga. Maybe around episode 60 or so...

Sidenote: I just got the volume 2 FMA:B OST. Reminds me of FFVII for some reason. Good stuff... Now I can read the manga to the appropriate music! So much better that way!

CleanAndLegit
04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
for some reason i never got to reading the manga maybe i should!

simmode1
04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I'd say no... that way you'll be more surprised when big stuff happens. I already know the majority of whats gonna happen, theres no more suspense for me. I'm just watching it to see it animated and scored.

Besides, the anime is actually just a little bit better than the manga, since they smoothed out some little continuity issues.

CleanAndLegit
04-18-2010, 11:37 PM
thats goooooodd :]
anddd sick epi too bad they didnt show sloth fight till next epi
mustang is insane lol
so much suppense for next epi

wrek240
04-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Well I guess I fail I'm watching it on cartoon network. And yeah the animation and music is way better.

tricky_ab
04-19-2010, 07:00 AM
Holy crap at the latest episode!!! Mustang is a monsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...This was by far one of the best episodes demonstrating Roy's true skill as the Flame Alchemist

DALAZ_68
04-19-2010, 09:33 AM
i need to catch up to you bastards...im on episode...6...

CleanAndLegit
04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
hurry! lol

corry29
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I just watched 53, Mustang going crazy!

Strider
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Mustang is the man! I liked the fight scene between Alfonse and Selim though, good stuff.

rb26man
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
im starting to dig this

simmode1
04-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Mustang is the man! I liked the fight scene between Alfonse and Selim though, good stuff.

Hell yeah! Kimblee got his bitchass chomped! Remember what Pride did there, cuz it'll come back up later.

Sidenote: Heinkel is pretty awesome, my favorite chimera by far! Anybody else notice this scene with him in it:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_J6T1VnueenM/S3iIjKkvv7I/AAAAAAAAEmQ/Zo1Nxyj76T8/s400/fullmetal_alchemist_brotherhood_44_05.jpg
Heinkel's so badass, he takes hostages with his fingers! :ddog:

Episode 53 is what I was talking about on continuity issues. Mustang and Envy were in the same place at the same time in chapter 38 of the manga. But Hughes death was never brought up at all. In the anime, they fixed this just by deleting Envy from this scene. The effect of their first meeting is much more dramatic this way...
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000010/00000038/13.jpg

Strider
04-19-2010, 11:45 PM
^ Say that again in a little bit more detail. For some reason I just can't grasp exactly what your saying.

simmode1
04-20-2010, 12:49 AM
^ Say that again in a little bit more detail. For some reason I just can't grasp exactly what your saying.

Back when the crew was using Barry da Choppa to lure out the Homonculus, Mustang showed up to save Hawkeye and Fury from Gluttony. Mustang blasted Gluttony out of a window, where he almost fell on Envy, who was outside battling Ed and crew. I think Envy to originally there to track Barry, but got pulled into the fight.

Anyways, Mustang never bothers to look out the window he just blasted Gluttony through. If he had, he would have said... "Hey, who's that other Homonculous down there? Wait... that muthafucker is a shapershifter! That's probably the one that killed Maes!"

They never actually saw each other, but it's kinda farfetched in the storyline to have them so near each other and the author doesn't even touch on that AT ALL. So the author just took Envy out of the scene in the animated version. Envy didn't really contribute anything worthwhile at that moment in the manga anyways...

Strider
04-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Ahh, I get what you mean now. Thanks for that tidbit.

simmode1
04-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Wow @ the power of the Flame Alchemist! Just watched episode 54. Damned show just keeps getting better and better!

Just when I thought that Mustang vs Envy would be the highlight of the episode, they hit us with even more intense drama! This shit is almost too damned good. Can you believe all that shit Envy was talking?! What a bitch.

Although, they did tweak the dialog a little bit. The anime makes it seem like she would just wither away eventually after the final battle, but I think I remember Havok plainly saying she would die with Roy if she she were forced to kill him. I like the manga translation a little better here:
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000010/000178712/10.jpg

s14_driver
04-30-2010, 04:50 PM
FMA brotherhood is 1000x better than the original i cant wait for the next ep
i downloaded all of it, converted it and put it in my ipod and watched it at work :)

tricky_ab
05-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Whoa it's starting to pick up! Episode 56 was CRAZY! Pretty much an action-packed episode. Totally called that they'd show how Bradley survived the train attack. And how about Wrath? He's seriously one of the best villains in all of FMA - so awesome.

And it was good that they started the part with Hohenheim being found by the Xingese caravan. Also was nice seeing Hohenheim's attack against Father but man, seeing the transformation of Father into his 'true' self...creepy as fuck.

Finally...Buccaneer, Greed, Fuu and...Falman. Ahh, it's shaping up to be awesome.

bik
05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
That anime just gets better and better ^_^

revat619
05-10-2010, 02:35 PM
That anime just gets better and better ^_^

Quoted for truth!

I was watching episode 56 last night and was like "OMG! WHAT!?!" at the end. It sucks having to wait a week to see the rest. They always end with such a cliffhanger! It's so cruel. lol

hOngsterr
05-10-2010, 02:49 PM
i been up to date with all the brotherhood vids, super dope.

also if you like one piece is a humorous anime too.

simmode1
05-10-2010, 10:01 PM
King Bradley is a bad bad man...:bite:

My gf used to watch the old show and just jumped in on watching the new show about 6 or 7 episodes back... When Bradley reappeared, I had to go & show her some previous episodes showcasing his badassery. Man, homeboy fucked Greed up...

Who remembers the very first episode with the Ice Alchemist? Bradley killed his ass too. Watching that all over again makes me realize how much easier things would have been if that guy had succeeded in freezing all of Central Headquarters. I know it was really some filler but I'm mildly interested in his story, exactly how much he knew and how he found out about these things...

Tearlessj
05-10-2010, 10:30 PM
God damn this show is bad ass. My favorite part so far was when Lan fan decided to make a re entry in the end of Episode 47. SOOOOO EPIC.

simmode1
05-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Man, I love the characters from Xing! I recently rewatched when Lin fought Bradley for the first time and captured Gluttony. Talk about awesomeness... Lin came out of fucking no where for the win!

Although, next week is sure to be sad for the Xing team... ='[

Edit: WOOT! NEW ISSUE IS OUT!!!

Full Metal Alchemist 107 page 01 | One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/107/01/)

tricky_ab
05-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Must not click on manga...ahhh who am I kidding? Thanks for the link! :)

CleanAndLegit
05-13-2010, 01:35 PM
please refrain from posting spoilers....
mods please delete or someone edit that post...
leave the link i guess....

anyway yeah super sick!

simmode1
05-13-2010, 04:49 PM
spoiler removed.

amdnivram
05-13-2010, 04:58 PM
loving this show so much more!

CleanAndLegit
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Thank you :]

tricky_ab
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
If we are going to discuss spoilers, I guess we can use spoiler tags in the future...

simmode1
05-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Well, at the pace the show is moving, we won't have to wait very long before spoilers are revealed. I'll just sit tight...

CleanAndLegit
05-18-2010, 09:14 AM
yeah thats why i wouldnt like spoilers in...
anyway dude wtf happend?
they all were taken by the gate! :O

tricky_ab
05-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Damn...Talk about a cliffhanger...

Spoiler:

I noticed that only the people (Alchemists) who had given up something disappeared at the end. Why is that?

I can't wait till next weeks episode.

simmode1
05-18-2010, 11:08 AM
^^^ Because only Alchemist's who have previously been through the gate of truth can be Human Sacrifices. Father needs 5 of them, but only four ppl have done this... Where's the 5th gonna come from?

Hehehehe...

tricky_ab
05-18-2010, 01:57 PM
^^^ Because only Alchemist's who have previously been through the gate of truth can be Human Sacrifices. Father needs 5 of them, but only four ppl have done this... Where's the 5th gonna come from?

Hehehehe...

Ahh okay...And that's a good question :) I can't wait to watch the next episode:rofl:

dpak
05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
i've only watched the original fma, it's actually one of the few animes i've watched.
is the brotherhood actually that much better? is it worth watching all over again?

revat619
05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
i've only watched the original fma, it's actually one of the few animes i've watched.
is the brotherhood actually that much better? is it worth watching all over again?

YES. YES. and HELL YES.

I liked the original one too, well, minus the ending and dumb ass movie.....but i digress.

Brotherhood is WAY better. You wont be disappointed.

simmode1
05-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, it's kind of astounding to me on how good the original was and now how much better the new version is...

As awesome as the old show was... there's a high likelihood that the new show will make you hate the old one, IMO...

BTW... anybody besides me get a little misty eyed watching episode 58? I don't think an anime has got me that close to dropping a tear since Kenshin: Reflections...
:hide:

CleanAndLegit
05-28-2010, 09:45 AM
yeah dude shit is intense and ground breakin!
anddd welll yeah watch this and yes yes 58 was crazy
now we know who it will be!

satal95
05-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Just got 1-56 of this series and I have the next 2days off so you what I'll be doing:bigok:

Enna
05-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I need to catch up on the anime. I'm up to date on the manga, but there's nothing like watching the shit really unfold. Sounds like its still following closely to the manga. Fucking awesome btw.

simmode1
06-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Just finished episode 59... Scar versus Bradley is gonna be BADASS, guys...

tricky_ab
06-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Just finished episode 59... Scar versus Bradley is gonna be BADASS, guys...

That's going to be a GREAT episode...I can't wait!

CleanAndLegit
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
its over! (:
freaking great anime!

i♥boobies!
07-06-2010, 02:44 PM
nooooooooooooo!!!! it ended ='/

revat619
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
excellent anime. :bow:

tricky_ab
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
nooooooooooooo!!!! it ended ='/

I know :( But the ending was great and that final group shot picture?!? WOW!