PDA

View Full Version : Killer Whale is a Killer

ThatGuy
02-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Sea World, Orlando:

Killer whale kills trainer at Orlando's Sea World (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/02/24/2010-02-24_killer_whale_kills_trainer_at_orlandos_sea_worl d.html)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2010-02/52414026.jpg

This is the 3rd time "Tilly" has killed someone. He killed a Biology Student in 1991, and a gatecrasher in 1999. Now he drowned one of his trainers. Perhaps he would be better off NOT in captivity.

atutt
02-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Wait.... So 100lbs dog bites someone... He gets put down...

A 10,000lbs KILLER whale kills 3 people... And it's still alive?

Weedm
02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I was just at Sea World San Diego 2 months ago and would never expect this sort of incident to happen. You'd think people would have common sense to not use the same whale who caused two deaths again.

HyperTek
02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
sad way to go..
Ill swim with the cute lil dolphins b4 getting in the tank with a animal that already has a prior record on it, and has killer in its name to add to that

animal rights activist will get on that lol

tricky_ab
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
sad way to go..
Ill swim with the cute lil dolphins b4 getting in the tank with a animal that already has a prior record on it, and has killer in its name to add to that

This! That being said, you can't keep animals in captivity for long periods of time and not expect them to act out (It's not un heard of to hear about trainers getting hurt). This one was to the extreme (killing three people in total)...

el ocho
02-24-2010, 04:29 PM
well I guess thats what ppl get for keepin a wild animal in captivity for ever like this.

tricky_ab
02-24-2010, 07:12 PM
You'd think Seaworld would figure out that's one whale that isn't going dance like a monkey for them.

I guess the enormous lawsuit headed their way might clue them in.

Also San Diego > Orlando

murda-c
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM
My sister tried to tell me that the whale probably doesnt know it's killing people....

What's funny was this was my dream job until I decided not to go to college.

Matej
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM
This is the 3rd time "Tilly" has killed someone.
Serial killer whale.

Knuckles
02-24-2010, 08:55 PM
wheres the raw footage at?

theicecreamdan
02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Free Tilly !

drift_limo
02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I would kill too if my name was tilly thats a f*ckd up name..

ITS A KILLER WHALE! seriously come on.

sad for the trainer. but seriously this pisses me off when people are like "OMG I dont know what whent wrong like i hit the tiger to sit down and it attackd!"
same thing with the killer whale...

come one people just set it free. they are wild animals and if they attack dont bitch like a little kid and blame it on society...

but sad story thou.

murda-c
02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
My sister tried to tell me that the whale probably doesnt know it's killing people....

What's funny was this was my dream job until I got too lazy to go to college...good thing i didn't

S14DB
02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
In 1991, Tilikum and two female killer whales dragged trainer Keltie Byrne underwater, drowning her in front of spectators at Sealand of the Pacific, a defunct aquarium in Victoria, British Columbia.

Acquired by SeaWorld the next year to breed with female orcas, he was involved in a second incident in July 1999 when the naked body of a man who had apparently sneaked into SeaWorld after hours to swim with the whales was found draped dead across his back.

Authorities later concluded that the man, Daniel Dukes, likely suffered hypothermia in the 55-degree water and drowned, but they said it also appeared Tilikum bit the man's body and tore off his swimming trunks after he had died.
Why would you buy a whale that has killed someone? Would you buy a dog that killed it's last owner?

Felipe
02-24-2010, 09:49 PM
wheres the raw footage at?

:eek3: look at all that blood :eek3:

Matej
02-24-2010, 09:51 PM
If it was a dog that people would pay to see, I would, and I would hire someone so I would not have to interact with it in person.

ericcastro
02-24-2010, 11:32 PM

Show me a dog that is worth a million dollars and gets put down.

Dogs are supposed to be domesticated.
Giant predatory sea mammals,..........not so much, lol

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-24-2010, 11:50 PM
i say we kill it and have a barbecue. that way, everyone wins.

R_G
02-25-2010, 04:56 AM
''SeaWorld suspended its famous water shows as officials tried to figure out what had happened''
Read more: Killer whale kills trainer at Orlando's Sea World; whale Tilikum linked to two other human deaths (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/02/24/2010-02-24_killer_whale_kills_trainer_at_orlandos_sea_worl d.html#ixzz0gY1K2K1T)

Freaken Killa whale. There not called hospital whales... Freaken Retards. I WOULD rather be with the sharks or dolphins then a killer whale. Theres stories where dolphins have attacked killer whales and saved people. If dolphins don't like them then nether should humans

DreamN
02-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Dude was trying to get some human lovin'. Don't hate on Tilly.

sirfallsalot243
02-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Dolphins are the only animal besides humans that have sex for pleasure.

I trust the Dolphins judgment. :rofl:

Otto347
02-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Haha I love how everyone is surprised this happened. You are fucking with a 10,000 pound fish that can rip you up. Every once in a while this is going to happen, you know what you are getting yourself into!

Freaken Killa whale. There not called hospital whales...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ayuaddict
02-25-2010, 05:43 AM
not a fish.

fuckkk youuuuu weiru!

Soup Nazi
02-25-2010, 07:14 AM
It's not the Whales Fault. This is why certain Animals aren't supposed to be kept in captivity

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-25-2010, 09:05 AM
let's just eat this thing already. probably tastes like sunshine and happiness.

ericcastro
02-25-2010, 09:57 AM
BBQ Killer Whale at the 2010 meet?

Gnnr
02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
That killer whale didn't go crazy, that killer whale went killer whale!

http://www.upscaleswagger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/chrisrock.jpg

fckillerbee
02-25-2010, 10:14 AM
^^^^ I second that...lol

on a side note....how many times do we allow humans to kill people, and we end them off. It's a whale. Ever seen tigers play fight...that alone would kill a human.

KILLER WALE IS THE VELOCIRAPTOR OF THE OCEAN!

Soup Nazi
02-25-2010, 10:20 AM

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

fckillerbee
02-25-2010, 10:29 AM
YouTube - Whale Attack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXKrF08eyE)

took me a while to find...I think this is the correct video. I don't have sound at work. It should be a bunch of orca's showing how to attack a bigger whale and seperate the baby from it's mother.

they were coordinating a wake to push the baby calf off of the mother whale. I saw this on discovery channel...it was a 30 min show, but the attack was hours long.

DALAZ_68
02-25-2010, 10:29 AM
so a KILLER whale...KILLED, someone...im confused...its DOESNT make sense that a KILLER whale KILLED anyone...

fckillerbee
02-25-2010, 10:41 AM
so a KILLER whale...KILLED, someone...im confused...its DOESNT make sense that a KILLER whale KILLED anyone...

yeah as if we didn't know a serial killer...kills people...lol...I wonder where killer came from..I thought it ment nice and sweet! kinda like candy. lol

tricky_ab
02-25-2010, 10:45 AM

amirite! :rofl:

Silky_Johnson
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
from that NatGeo youtube vid. killerwhale are called that because they KILL WHALEs. weird they would attack people.. but who knows...

fckillerbee
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
from that NatGeo youtube vid. killerwhale are called that because they KILL WHALEs. weird they would attack people.. but who knows...

I would assume that they don't intentially kill humans. Cause they would just rip them to shreds. I would say that they are playing with them...and they die. lol.

DALAZ_68
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
I would assume that they don't intentially kill humans. Cause they would just rip them to shreds. I would say that they are playing with them...and they die. lol.

kinda like the gold fish you tried taking out for a walk...you were 5, u didnt know any better...just happened...

fckillerbee
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
kinda like the gold fish you tried taking out for a walk...you were 5, u didnt know any better...just happened...

how did you know?

lol...kinda like the turtle my son had that he decided wanted some sun. he didn't know the tank he was in would boil him in water.

ericcastro
02-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Is there anything safe looking about this?

http://www.canadianindianart.com/site_assets/cia-staging.jammicron.com/images/dynamic/3267a.JPG

http://www.arcticravengallery.com/northwest/images_09/RAleck_KillerWhale.jpg

Steven Seagal knew to listen to the Native Americans,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/On_deadly_ground.jpg
........when will we learn?

jdm2191
02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
YouTube - Whale Attack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXKrF08eyE)

took me a while to find...I think this is the correct video. I don't have sound at work. It should be a bunch of orca's showing how to attack a bigger whale and seperate the baby from it's mother.

they were coordinating a wake to push the baby calf off of the mother whale. I saw this on discovery channel...it was a 30 min show, but the attack was hours long.
Crazy Stuff, but watch this one!

YouTube - Killer Whale vs. Jaws (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBFUumm3Dk)

murda-c
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey guess what only starts killing people when you trap it in a swimming pool?

HyperTek
02-26-2010, 08:15 PM
so now they saying the whale trainer made a mistake, and the whale is not at fault ... all is well, and maybe in the future we will get to see the same whale make a 4th killing

Oilcover
02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
so now they saying the whale trainer made a mistake, and the whale is not at fault ... all is well, and maybe in the future we will get to see the same whale make a 4th killing

then the whale gets a care package drop!

Nizmo_max
02-27-2010, 01:27 PM
i agree!! haha i got dibs on the fins..lol and yeah were cooking japanese style..yummy yummy

i say we kill it and have a barbecue. that way, everyone wins.

Future240
02-27-2010, 07:34 PM
CNN has been blasting this none stop. Fucked up part is the most important thing seems to be what is going to happen to the whale.

Gnnr
02-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Well, if they're going to continue with things as they are (which they will) they should just mandate that trainers have short hair and not have any loose and free flowing items.

flip3d
02-28-2010, 04:16 PM
How could you even compare a fucking dog to an Orca? The Orca is at the top of the fucking food chain.

Just let the damn thing go. It's a wild animal. We don't have Lions and Tigers as pets because they aren't domesticated like Dogs. Shit.

Otto347
02-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Well, if they're going to continue with things as they are (which they will) they should just mandate that trainers have short hair and not have any loose and free flowing items.

Or on the application say "Could be eaten on the job, keep that in mind"

NismoDriverS13
02-28-2010, 05:10 PM
why is everyone so fucking surprised??? it's a animal that lived it's life in freedom, eating seals and shit. now he is held in captive and expected to act nice, while just really wants to kill all of us because we took his freedom! it's like going to a fucking jungle and bringing home a lion. u think he is gonna become a house cat? fuckin stupid ppl. let the animals live in the freedom and not in a gold fish tank and maybe no one will get killed by a fuckin KILLER whale.

im tired of this stupid hype over something ordinary.

speedfiend
02-28-2010, 05:13 PM
This whole situation is really ridiculous. This is an animal that is a known predator and very aggressive. What the hell do you think is going to happen when it is kept in a tiny ass tank for 30 years of its life. I don't see anyway possible that the whale could be blamed for absolutely anything. It is it's nature to play with its prey just as it has down with the 3 humans it has killed. How about NOBODY get in the water with it and all will be good. I am no expert by any means but I am almost positive it could not be released back into the wild as it has become dependent on humans for food, much like tigers, lions, and bears do when they are kept in captivity. And I am absolutely totally against the idea that this whale should be put down as it is only OUR faults that it has reacted the way it has. Just my .02.
Cameron

flip3d
02-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Is America really this fucking stupid to be entertained by this topic? Fuck you, CNN. Talk about something else already.

ranger240
02-28-2010, 07:51 PM
If dolphins don't like them then nether should humans

hilarious

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
http://www.bscreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/theswarm.jpg
who has read this book?

its all about sea creatures behaving badly.... its great ... id elaborate but dont want to give it away

180sExy
03-01-2010, 03:46 AM
This whale is GREAT!!! He's like the Oj Simpson of the animal world. Killed an got off scott free!!! lolz shit is great. This animal is OG someone has to give that vatto a tear drop tat! lolz I like how they are blaming the trainer "She flipped her hair." NO! shit got in the tank! That was the mistake.