PDA

View Full Version : OMFG I'm buying a truckload of Pepsi!!!

Gnnr
02-24-2010, 02:45 PM
http://www.pepsithrowbackhub.com/downloads/pepsi/pepsi_throwback_bottle.jpg

Throwback Pepsi made with real SUGAR and no corn syrup! Its sooooo on! Limited time only, so I'm gonna fill my closet with boxes of this. This shit is like crack! I'm only able to get soda with real sugar in other countries. Gonna give the Mountain Dew one a try too!

http://www.pepsithrowbackhub.com/downloads/mtdew/mtdew_throwback_bottle.jpg

iROYAL
02-24-2010, 02:53 PM
When Coca-cola fights back with "Throwback: Made with real cocaine" then I'll be buying a truck load. :ddog:

ZenkiKid
02-24-2010, 02:56 PM
When Coca-cola fights back with "Throwback: Made with real cocaine" then we can talk.

This. This this.

Okinawandrifter87
02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
When Coca-cola fights back with "Throwback: Made with real cocaine" then I'll be buying a truck load. :ddog:

Mwuhahaha. :ddog:

Matej
02-24-2010, 03:01 PM
What is sad is that it tastes nowhere near as good as when it was made with real sugar before. This time it tastes more like the diet version.
From a 'health' perspective, if they both tasted the same, I would much rather drink the real sugar one, but the corn syrup one actually tastes better. :(

They probably made it taste worse on purpose, so the people demanding real sugar will taste it and decide it does not taste as good, and they will quit demanding real sugar and keep buying the fructose syrup one, which is cheaper for the company to produce.

Conspiracy!

bornslippy73
02-24-2010, 03:04 PM
+1, stupid cola wars. I'd try the throwback Pepsi still.

WIKID S4TEEN
02-24-2010, 03:05 PM

Group buy? :p

iROYAL
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Group buy? :p

All the vending machine would start to look like shit and they would need a cage like high school style.

tricky_ab
02-24-2010, 03:14 PM
We STILL don't get this in Canada...Oh well, I guess it's good since I've started to drink less colas...

slidewayz350
02-24-2010, 03:17 PM
This isn't anything really new. There are 2 breweries on the east coast near the carolinas and tennesse that still make Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew and Pepsi with real sugar and still in glass bottles. We get some cases of it when we go vacation down south.

JeremyR
02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
you can get real sugar coca-cola hear in california....
it comes from mexico. and damn is it WAY better than the corn syrup shit.

so if this pepsi "throwback" doesnt taste that good, maybe it is a conspiracy...lol

fyi, you can order dr. pepper direct from the factory in texas in the sugar version!

dpak
02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
you can get the glass bottles from the taco trucks! :)

kingkilburn
02-24-2010, 03:36 PM
What is sad is that it tastes nowhere near as good as when it was made with real sugar before. This time it tastes more like the diet version.
From a 'health' perspective, if they both tasted the same, I would much rather drink the real sugar one, but the corn syrup one actually tastes better. :(

They probably made it taste worse on purpose, so the people demanding real sugar will taste it and decide it does not taste as good, and they will quit demanding real sugar and keep buying the fructose syrup one, which is cheaper for the company to produce.

Conspiracy!

Personally I can't stand the taste of corn syrup. Also the Mexican Pepsi(which is still hard to find) blows the throwback out of the water.

The Dew on the other hand is sent from GOD. Sooo much better than this Xtreme style Mountain Dew they've been pushing for a while.

spooled240
02-24-2010, 03:38 PM
haha good one:keke:

iROYAL
02-24-2010, 03:45 PM
you can get real sugar coca-cola hear in california....
it comes from mexico. and damn is it WAY better than the corn syrup shit.

so if this pepsi "throwback" doesnt taste that good, maybe it is a conspiracy...lol

fyi, you can order dr. pepper direct from the factory in texas in the sugar version!

You know, I always thought Mexican soda always tasted better than the American counterpart. I thought I was just hyping it though. But for sure Tamarind Jarrito > Sunkist.

stinky_180
02-24-2010, 03:50 PM
costco already sells coca cola in glass bottles made with real sugar......

ThatGuy
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
We've had the Throw Back soda's here in NC for a while now, and still have plenty of places where you can buy glass bottles of natural sugar soft drinks.

I typically grab at least 2-3 old school Cokes a week, and Cheerwines at least once a month.

Cane Sugar = :rawk:

drift freaq
02-24-2010, 03:56 PM
ya screw that corn syrup shit. LOL Mexican coke FTW.

kingkilburn
02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Pepsi Natural was a joke too. It was like $3 a pop and not nearly as good as the Mexican stuff.

DALAZ_68
02-24-2010, 04:02 PM
This shit is like crack!

^ lol...

I typically grab at least 2-3 old school Cokes a week, and Cheerwines at least once a month.

Cane Sugar = :rawk:

you still owe me Cheerwine!

D.Adams
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
old news is old

but the Mountain Dew Throwback is good i like it. not as much as i like regular Mountain Dew though. didnt want to try the pepsi because im a coke person ..

if you get the made in mexico Pepsi or Mountain Dew its way better than the US Pepsi - Mountain Dew..

My friend that was in Iraq brought me some Mountain Dew from there and thats even better.. Dumb ass US food and beverage laws got fuck everything up ..

if you bought a truck load you would die from diabetes

Silverstreek
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
anybody member Crystal Pepsi back in the early 90's? that shit was horrible...

Matej
02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Wonder if the Mexican coke/Pepsi taste anything like the European ones.
I will have to try one soon.

This stuff is the best though.
http://www.kofola.sk/tasks/sites/kofola_sk/assets/Image/kofolaOriginal/kofolaOriginal_03l_orosena.jpghttp://www.kofola.sk/tasks/sites/kofola_sk/assets/Image/kofolaOriginal/kofolaTocena_04l.jpg

iROYAL
02-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Really, did that cup have to be that watery?

kingkilburn
02-24-2010, 06:45 PM
anybody member Crystal Pepsi back in the early 90's? that shit was horrible...

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

wh0aitznic0
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Brings back memories...

But then again, I haven't had a soda in years.

tricky_ab
02-24-2010, 07:19 PM

This stuff is the best though.
http://www.kofola.sk/tasks/sites/kofola_sk/assets/Image/kofolaOriginal/kofolaOriginal_03l_orosena.jpghttp://www.kofola.sk/tasks/sites/kofola_sk/assets/Image/kofolaOriginal/kofolaTocena_04l.jpg

I've never tried Mexican Coke (but I have tried South American Fanta) but European Coke was the shit! I knew it was going to be good when I was at a restaurant and it came out in a glass bottle and bottle opener!

Touge Noob S13
02-24-2010, 07:31 PM

Never had European coke/pepsi but I can tell you that the Mexican coke/pepsi are a lot better than the corn syrup US stuff.

I LUV MY S13
02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
damn a truck load? good luck with the health issues haha

silviaguy240
02-24-2010, 08:19 PM
yea man, real coke (glass bottles) is bomb. dew throw back is meh, just seems like its flat and i havent tried pepsi yet. its been out for a few months now though....

chitownguy
02-24-2010, 08:31 PM
People actually have problems finding Mexican Pepsi/Coke's? Pretty much every gas station I've ever been to has had them.

Also the Throwback soda's are alright but I like the Throwback Pepsi more than regular Pepsi because it doesn't leave that nasty taste in my mouth.

R_G
02-24-2010, 10:53 PM
People actually have problems finding Mexican Pepsi/Coke's? Pretty much every gas station I've ever been to has had them.

Also the Throwback soda's are alright but I like the Throwback Pepsi more than regular Pepsi because it doesn't leave that nasty taste in my mouth.

You live in tx tho...lol.

It's all the stupid Midwest farmers who don't know how to grow other things. All they know is to grow corn and bitch about not alot of water to grow stuff and no one is buying corn .... blah blah blah. They bitch to there congressman so they can lobby for them.

I really hate corn and corn syrup . Corn all ready taste nasty and they try to make fuel and sugar. All because stupid farmers can't grow other things besides corn. Stupid ass politicians.

Chrischeezer
02-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I herd if you drink alot of soda it will increase the chances of getting a kidney stone...

i dunno if its true.. but u guys are screwed...

i can't afford soda.... : /

sickstatus
02-25-2010, 01:52 AM
this has nothing to do with pepsi or mountain dew but i miss sprite tropical remix.

Matej
02-25-2010, 02:29 AM
They should bring back Mountain Dew Revolution.
Voltage is great, but Revolution was really good as well, both were my favorite flavors ever made.
Code Red and Live Wire are gross, they should just replace one of them with Revolution.
I also wish Baja Blast was available in stores, instead of only at Taco Bell.
I think I am addicted to Mountain Dew.

R_G
02-25-2010, 04:15 AM
I herd if you drink alot of soda it will increase the chances of getting a kidney stone...

yeah , doc told me that too. It's the corn syrup

VAs13
02-25-2010, 04:21 AM
this has nothing to do with pepsi or mountain dew but i miss sprite tropical remix.

holy shit, i forgot all about that stuff.

throwback mountain dew tastes flat to me.

gotspins13
02-25-2010, 04:46 AM
the mountain dew is amazing youll love them all!

Gnnr
02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
I only see the mini glass bottles in the stores here and those have corn syrup in it.

xrockoutx
02-25-2010, 10:56 AM
i got 2 kidney stones...and used to drink a TON of soda, but they were from a lack of REAL water..dehydration. I still drink a ton of soda now..just with a glass of water on top. mmmmmmmmmm

Soup Nazi
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Pepsi Kona, bring it back
/

soreballz
02-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Mexican Coke = awesome.
Mexican Pepsi = awesome.
Imperial Cane Dr. Pepper = awesome.
Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback = thoroughly disappointing.

DALAZ_68
02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Mexican Coke = awesome.
Mexican Pepsi = awesome.
Imperial Cane Dr. Pepper = awesome.
Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback = thoroughly disappointing.

i approve this msg

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
i can't taste the difference, really. i feel like that time i didn't know why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch.

drift freaq
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I only see the mini glass bottles in the stores here and those have corn syrup in it.

Naw the Mexican coke/pepsi phenomena is mainly in states adjacent to Mexico. i.e. California,Arizona,Texas. Its also only a certain stores. Its like I cannot get it at Albertson's or Vons/Safeway or Ralphs. There is a Socal Chain Jon;s that carries it. Also a lot of the Valluerta and More hispanic oriented stores carry it.

Gnnr
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Ahh, you mean bodegas. Ok. Well, we get them here but they don't' carry that. We do however have every other glass bottled soda brand from every Island and Latin American country. From Postobon to Country Club.

kingkilburn
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
The Mexican Coke is big in Georgia. It's like the soda your grew up with instead of what is cheaper to produce.

OMG Did I just say that I like quality over price?

!Zar!
02-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Drinking as little as two soft drinks a week appears to nearly double the risk of getting pancreatic cancer, according to a new study. (http://www.webmd.com/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/news/20100208/pancreatic-cancer-linked-sodas)

D.Adams
02-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Drinking as little as two soft drinks a week appears to nearly double the risk of getting pancreatic cancer, according to a new study. (http://www.webmd.com/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/news/20100208/pancreatic-cancer-linked-sodas)

well im fucked then i have 4-5 cans of soda a day and 1 rockstar every morning. ..

i love mountain dew and rockstar..

!Zar!
02-25-2010, 06:26 PM
I haven't even had that much soda all year.

Chrischeezer
02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
If you drink soda, use a straw to prevent the soda from washing through ur teeth.

PNgo12
02-25-2010, 10:09 PM
wow i had no idea they used real sugar in the ''throwback'' version, i just thought they made the labeling look old school, i gotta give it a try then!

[w]hite[r]abbit[x]
02-25-2010, 10:36 PM

Its the caffeine that makes you get kidney stones. The kidney relies on water to filter out the toxins from the foods and drinks we consume. Caffeine dehydrates the body so our body needs the water to stay healthy. Its still safe to drink soda but be sure to drink water also.

Gnnr
02-25-2010, 11:12 PM

“In our study, we found a positive association between high intake of fructose and pancreatic cancer,” he tells WebMD. “Since high-fructose corn syrup is the main sweetener in non-diet soft drinks, our findings and those of the present study are quite consistent.”

We is talking about real sugar here boy! :)

nate00
02-25-2010, 11:22 PM
i love the throwback pepsi. i drink at least one a day. on top of regular coke/pepsi. the dew throwback sucks-flat. but they also have dr. pepper "heritage" which is AMAZING

ryguy
02-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Naw the Mexican coke/pepsi phenomena is mainly in states adjacent to Mexico. i.e. California,Arizona,Texas.

Shit, I'm in Indiana drinking a Mexican Coke right now as I am typing this. All the mexican markets around here sell it, cheap too.

I am not a fan of the throwback Pepsi, but the throwback Dew and Dr. Pepper are a godsend.

BTW, the switch to corn syrup came about because of the tariff on imported sugar. Mexico, inversely, has a tariff on HFCS.

HalveBlue
02-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Blame the corn lobby for the omnipresence of high fructose corn syrup.

That shit's found in nearly every processed food product on the market in the US.

Then blame the Japanese for inventing it.

Then watch Food, Inc. But don't blame me if you never want to eat another burger afterwards.

Also, plus imaginary rep for Matej for repping Easter European Communist cola!

As far as cocaine and coke is concerned, you guys should stock up on this: Red Bull Cola (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Cola)

Tastes like shit though.

Mikey213
02-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I will drink my Arizona and pretend it's this new Pepsi =0(

PNgo12
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Naw the Mexican coke/pepsi phenomena is mainly in states adjacent to Mexico. i.e. California,Arizona,Texas. Its also only a certain stores. Its like I cannot get it at Albertson's or Vons/Safeway or Ralphs. There is a Socal Chain Jon;s that carries it. Also a lot of the Valluerta and More hispanic oriented stores carry it.

if you guys like the ''mexican'' cokes and pepsi, try jarritos if you can get it anywhere in your area, that stuff is bombb:wiggle:

TurboSE
02-26-2010, 03:32 PM

It's amazing how many of us have stuff in common other than cars.

(Dear Probation Officer, I meant sense of humor)

ryguy
02-26-2010, 05:12 PM
if you guys like the ''mexican'' cokes and pepsi, try jarritos if you can get it anywhere in your area, that stuff is bombb:wiggle:

Jarritos is super cheap, so it has that going for it too. I personally like Manzanita Sol.

TurboSE
02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
just had throw-back Mt. Dew last night, it's just slightly different in flavor, a little smoother...I like it, but not enough to hord it.

I've all but cut soda and tea out of my diet (Rockstar, you're next), these throw-back versions are a nice treat, but not good enough to make me start drinking soda on the reg again...

flip3d
02-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Throwback is old already. Why are you getting excited in 2010 :P

CrimsonRockett
02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Bought a case of Pepsi Throwback this morning.

It's smoother than the regular stuff.

Decent, but like said above, not good enough to stock up on it.

TurboSE
02-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Bought a case of Pepsi Throwback this morning.

It's smoother than the regular stuff.

Decent, but like said above, not good enough to stock up on it.

never mentioned it before CrimsonRockett, but as far as hatches go, yours one of my favs...sorry to stray off topic...lol

AE_Racer
02-28-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_heritagedrpepper1.jpg

yum