PDA

View Full Version : Long delay for Group Buy permission

Def
02-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I understand this is more of a passion than a job for most the people doing moderation/administration in the forum, so I feel I'm looking at this objectively. But this is the second time I've attempt to post a GB only to pay my money, watch the timer start ticking down on a pretty short 31 days to get the GB up off the ground, only to still not be able to post anything after 3+ days.

I'm not sure what the ideal solution is, but whatever it is now, it's not really working that well since you end up losing 10%+ of the GB time before someone checks the Paypal acct or whatever the hold up is. The $35 isn't excessively expensive for the priveilage, but losing a huge chunk of time to administrative things is doing nothing but costing me money and giving me less time to host a successful GB. The inefficiency of the current situation helps no one.

For more immediate concerns, if anybody with the ability is reading this, can I please have my GB permissions turned on.

Thanks

West
02-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Def,

Sorry about this. This is because it causes issue with Premium members when signing up for Group Buys. Please test your account now. I created a new Group Buy subscription specifically for Premium members.

Also, I extended your subscription until 3-24-10.

Def
02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Mark,

Thanks for the quick response. Still can't start a thread in the GB forum.

Interesting that it's a technical issue.

West
02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Ok, should be working now! Sorry for the troubles.

Def
02-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the help. :D