PDA

View Full Version : Pop up headlight flickering.

Weedm
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this problem so I'm hoping to get some positive feedback. Despite tightening the stopper screws on the headlights, my headlights would flicker when driving, especially on the freeway.

I find that if the headlights are all the way up, the flickering is lessened, but still occurs. But in my case, I have HID's installed, and if I have the headlights all the way up, they would blind oncoming traffic as it's aimed way too high. I adjusted the screws on both sides all the way but the beam would still be aimed way too high, so in order to counter that problem I slightly lower the headlights by about half an inch with the sleepy eye mod.

However, the sleepy eye mod brings forth the main problem. As I stated before, the headlights would flicker less when it's all the way opened up, and would flicker more if lowered i.e sleepy eyed.

So my question is how would I lessen the flickering with a slight sleepy eye?
Sorry about the long post but I'm tired of looking like a strobe light on the freeway every time there are oncoming traffic signs.

Weedm
02-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Anyonee? hm

boosted KA24DE
05-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Look to see if the springs are attached and making tension on the light housing if not that is your problem. common for these to rust a break over time and nor provide dampening for the housing.

repda916
05-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Look to see if the springs are attached and making tension on the light housing if not that is your problem. common for these to rust a break over time and nor provide dampening for the housing.
the problem is you dont have the black plastic piece that makes it from moving.