PDA

View Full Version : Local SR Shop?

Adeadcurrent
02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Need to look at getting a rebuild done and was wondering if anyone had any experience with shops out here? One of my rings went and now my car is burning oil like a mother :\

Lmk!

nrg
02-12-2010, 03:55 PM
g-dimension.

Adeadcurrent
02-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks NRG, shot them an email.

RacerX1
02-12-2010, 07:35 PM
If you want it fixed this year I would call, emails take longer to respond to than letters.

Jung918
02-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Corner3 Garage (http://www.corner3garage.com/corner3/)

I used to never take my car to a mechanic if I could avoid it as I had experienced many underachieving and uncaring mechanics working on my car. That was until I meet Steve and Nemo over at corner3. Yeah, their prices aren't a screaming deal but it is very competitive to other shops. The reason why I take my car there is due to the fact that Nemo and Steve are actually nice to me and they perform quality work. Plus they tell you how it is. If a job doesn't need to be done, they will let you know. If a job is recommended, they will also inform you of that. No BS from them compared to the other places where they tell you that you need to replace every single part under the sun.

From just the conversations I had with Steve, he used to work at a Nissan dealership and achieved the title master mechanic and has been in the business for a long time with enough experience under his belt. Also, he is just more than a wrench monkey. He also does fabrication work from building cages to other small items.

It is your time and money and you should go to a shop that treats you well and does work up to your expectations. I'm not saying that you should automatically go to Corner3, but I think you will be doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least contact them and see what they have to offer.

24j0hn
02-14-2010, 02:04 PM
If you want it fixed this year I would call, emails take longer to respond to than letters.

yeah and they just moved shop so its pretty hectic over there

TheWayItGoes909
02-14-2010, 03:11 PM
How bout in the inland empire 909/951 any good Sr Shops?

MADE
02-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Seriously they are alot of threads about which are reliable shops. Alot of the shops mentioned are hit or miss even the most recommended ones.Dealing with modified cars I worry more about being ripped off, getting substandard work for over inflated prices by people who aren't even certified mechs. I would suggest Mike at Canyon Racer Motorsports, he's has a smaller shop and the quality of work and his attention to detail is the best I've seen since I left Japan. It's in Orange County so pretty close, worth checking out so you can form your own opinion. I hear good things about Dad Garage in Lemon Grove but I havent dealt with them personally. Remember you don't always get what you pay for in this buisness so shop around and actually physically look at the shops before hand.

Canyon Racer Motorsports Home Page (http://www.canyonracermotorsports.com/)

DJDANGER24
02-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I just visited JDM concept this weekend in Oceanside. Real cool guys, my brother and his Supra friends work with him a lot and he will be working on my RB25 build here pretty soon.

Tantwoforty
02-16-2010, 02:37 AM
TekOne Autoworks in riverside ca.
5885 Jurpia ave, unit c
951-354-6686
ask for joey or alex and mention zilvia and ill help you out
we have done well over 70 sr20 swaps, rebuilds, ect.
we even slammed one into a delsol :D
pics or it didnt happen...
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/143/l_006ff109a0e14c8a885f5766f5dba055.jpg

...lol

azndummie
02-16-2010, 02:46 AM
I also recommend Corner3 Garage Steve is a nissan master tech and knows his shit. Hes rebuilt everything nissan and knows the sr left and right. Also its kinda closer to you than all the rest of the shops listed.

Yellow4g63
02-16-2010, 03:30 AM
TekOne Autoworks in riverside ca.
5885 Jurpia ave, unit c
951-354-6686
ask for joey or alex and mention zilvia and ill help you out
we have done well over 70 sr20 swaps, rebuilds, ect.
we even slammed one into a delsol :D
pics or it didnt happen...
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/143/l_006ff109a0e14c8a885f5766f5dba055.jpg

...lol

LoL SR20 in a civic almost didn't catch that one.

ManoNegra
02-16-2010, 08:20 AM
SR20Store
Marco has been swapping SRs into 240s before most of the bandwagon had a driver's license.

WIKID S4TEEN
02-16-2010, 08:26 AM
SR20Store
Marco has been swapping SRs into 240s before most of the bandwagon had a driver's license.

hahaha, this is true www.sr20store.com (http://www.sr20store.com)
Please note NEW location.

deukalionS14
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Seriously they are alot of threads about which are reliable shops. Alot of the shops mentioned are hit or miss even the most recommended ones.Dealing with modified cars I worry more about being ripped off, getting substandard work for over inflated prices by people who aren't even certified mechs. I would suggest Mike at Canyon Racer Motorsports, he's has a smaller shop and the quality of work and his attention to detail is the best I've seen since I left Japan. It's in Orange County so pretty close, worth checking out so you can form your own opinion. I hear good things about Dad Garage in Lemon Grove but I havent dealt with them personally. Remember you don't always get what you pay for in this buisness so shop around and actually physically look at the shops before hand.

Canyon Racer Motorsports Home Page (http://www.canyonracermotorsports.com/)

^^ this! go canyon racer and get your rebuild my friend! fa sho fa sho lol

Mike is a great guy and does the best work I've seen for a great price. He rebuilt my S14 SR in April and it's nothing but quality. also, if you choose to do an upgrade while hes rebuilding it Steve can tune it right there at his shop on the dyno.

Think about it. would you rather have a guy who works on VW's Audi's Porsche's and other high end cars/motors rebuild your motor like he did mine? or would you just want someone who says they can do it rebuilt it for u

*no offense to the people who also do great work.

sekkeee
03-01-2010, 06:53 PM
g-dimension.

theyre closing up shop so i hear.. :(

How bout in the inland empire 909/951 any good Sr Shops?

check out Shutoko Eng... owners name is johnson and the techs there are legit :)