PDA

View Full Version : the health insurance plan thread!

silpena
02-10-2010, 02:12 AM
I dont think theres a thread for this. Im in the market for health insurance but its soo overwelming on whats going to fit my budget and if i even will need it. Confused a little if the lower the deductable the higher the premium and i guess the higher the co-pay? higher deductable and lower co-pay means they dont expect you to have major illness or injuries that will leave in-and-out of the hospital? I might just need for an mri and surgury on my shoulder.

Anyone who has health insurance post whos your provider, type of insurance: HMO,PPO,HSA, etc
insurance premium
ur coverage, deductable, co-pay %, doctors visits, max out of pocket
Single/married/ kids/ age
Maybe medical history if you have one and also if you have put it use.
How do you rate your plan and insurance company? customer service, billing, coverage with little to no b.s. and a trusted network of doctors.

HOpe this will help me in deciding where to go for what i need and will use.
If you supplemental insurance like accident, dental,vision add it in and tell me or us if you like it and your experience.

I have supplemental accident insurance through aflack and vision. Ive used the vision and i must say they are quick and they are really helpfull.
i pay $3.50 bi-weelly on my check for vision and 7.75 for accident level 2!. Ive used it for my contacts which covered half my bill. No deductables or co-pay. 1 time use per annuel year. After 12 months i get 100.00 worth of coverage but i used it early and got 50.00
i get upto 35k if i have a major injury, burns, coma, broken teeth or bones and ontop i paid out to go to follow ups, mri, xray, rehab, ambulance, medical devices, chiro and etc. I havent used it yet.....

medical history:
age 22
male
single
no kids
non-smoker( just added this, this is a big one!)
broken collar bone when born, tonsil removal, currently messed up shoulder and knee which i havent gotten fixed since i can live with it.

I LUV MY S13
02-10-2010, 02:43 AM
well, idk if this helps but im under my parents plan...ONLY way i stay in there plan is if im a fulltime student, which obviously i am..

nissan240
02-10-2010, 02:56 AM
I dont think theres a thread for this. Im in the market for health insurance but its soo overwelming on whats going to fit my budget and if i even will need it.

Anyone who has health insurance post whos your provider, type of insurance: HMO,PPO,HSA, etc
insurance premium
ur coverage, deductable, co-pay %, doctors visits, max out of pocket
Single/married/ kids/ age
Maybe medical history if you have one and also if you have put it use.
How do you rate your plan and insurance company? customer service, billing, coverage with little to no b.s. and a trusted network of doctors.

HOpe this will help me in deciding where to go for what i need and will use.
If you supplemental insurance like accident, dental,vision add it in and tell me or us if you like it and your experience.

I have supplemental accident insurance through aflack and vision. Ive used the vision and i must say they are quick and they are really helpfull.
i pay $3.50 bi-weelly on my check. Ive used it for my contacts which covered half my bill. No deductables or co-pay. 1 time use per annuel year. After 12 months i get 100.00 worth of coverage but i used it early and got 50.00

medical history:
age 22
male
single
no kids
broken collar bone when born, tonsil removal, currently messed up shoulder and knee which i havent gotten fixed since i can live with it.

just a quick overview of what i have. your insurance is a lot better than mines though

male
23yrs old
single
no kids
aetna ppo select
$100 deductible
medical, dental, and vision
1.51 dental 7.93 medical per week, dont get any taken out of my vision cause my company pays for it out of their own pocket. i get 60k a year, not sure if thats a factor why they are taking so much for my medical and dental!

silpena
02-10-2010, 03:07 AM
i havent gotten a real health insurance. I havent had one since i was 18. Not sure if i want a ppo or hmo. You have a nice deductable! My twin works at khols and his vision benifts are amazing! He used it to buy gucci frames for only 20.00 ha ha ha
just a quick overview of what i have. your insurance is a lot better than mines though

male
23yrs old
single
no kids
aetna ppo select
$100 deductible
medical, dental, and vision
1.51 dental 7.93 medical per week, dont get any taken out of my vision cause my company pays for it out of their own pocket. i get 60k a year, not sure if thats a factor why they are taking so much for my medical and dental!

s13poop
02-10-2010, 01:19 PM
medical history:
age 22
male
single
no kids
non-smoker( just added this, this is a big one!)
currently messed up shoulder and knee which i havent gotten fixed since i can live with it.

scary thats exactly like me :bite:

i work at a pediatrics office and have no insurance :keke:

but thats cause they only pay half of the monthly

i was a passenger of a car accident on friday and definately thinking of getting an hmo insurance through blue cross