PDA

View Full Version : Denny's Free Original Grand Slam Tuesday, February 9

D.Adams
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Free grand slam 6am - 2pm

link

Denny's (http://www.dennys.com/superbowl/splash3.html)

evo_eater
02-07-2010, 08:03 PM
im going lol

punxva
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
aww snap its on

doogstein
02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Even by giving it away they still couldn't get me to eat that garbage.

amdnivram
02-07-2010, 10:24 PM
cant wait for free breakfast.

payne219
02-07-2010, 10:25 PM
there should be a 240 meet and eat free dennys. haha

JayDee M Rolly
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
^you realize its not gonna work out like that right.

theres gonna be lines of people outside the store, chances are they might just give you a free pass for next time.

HyperTek
02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
they announced it during the super bowl!! its gonna be packed unless you can find a place in the middle of no where lmao

ronmcdon
02-07-2010, 11:04 PM
^^^

but you're going to go anyways because you're cheap

j/k

not worth it imo to fight the crowds for an ok meal.

pinky121388
02-07-2010, 11:18 PM
ha, someone watched the superbowl.. Anyways last year they advertised during the big game, and Dennys was a mad house. I would love to go to grub on some grandslam, but I have classes that day and I also have a break between 12:50-2:30. Maybe I can squeeze some denny between there.

CrimsonRockett
02-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm not going to wait in a 1-3 hour line for $4 dollars worth of food.

Ridiculous.

DALAZ_68
02-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Even by giving it away they still couldn't get me to eat that garbage.

same here...nasty shit

D.Adams
02-08-2010, 03:15 AM
ha, someone watched the superbowl.. Anyways last year they advertised during the big game, and Dennys was a mad house. I would love to go to grub on some grandslam, but I have classes that day and I also have a break between 12:50-2:30. Maybe I can squeeze some denny between there.

actually i didnt watch the superbowl i dont like foosball. was left on my facebook because i didnt go last year and my friend wants to see how many times he can go.

kouki fanatic
02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
i would go but to bad i have school from exactly 6:00 to 1:54

coww-cho!!!!!
02-08-2010, 09:41 AM
ya last year when we were going for the free grand slam my Gf and I went.....that shit was like waiting at the DMV 'cept there was food at the end of the line instead of some bitch on her period making you fill out forms.

we just went to Norms instead

DALAZ_68
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
ya last year when we were going for the free grand slam my Gf and I went.....that shit was like waiting at the DMV 'cept there was food at the end of the line instead of some bitch on her period making you fill out forms.

we just went to Norms instead

even that shits wack...Norms...no thank you...im not even to found of ihop...

the local iconic place known as The Pantry in Down town L.A. is were i go for my away from home breakfast...

S14_Kouki
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Im going, unless theres a billion hour wait.

lawrenceyang
02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
im sure the sleep will outway the discomfort of hours of waiting and pancakes however delicious they are

DALAZ_68
02-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Ihop endless pancakes is way more tempting...

S13E
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
if you aint got no job or aint got shit to do, im all for free food but damn, id rather go through a normal hour at work here on a monday morning and buy 2 of them myself anytime of the hour on any day.

coww-cho!!!!!
02-08-2010, 04:26 PM
even that shits wack...Norms...no thank you...im not even to found of ihop...

the local iconic place known as The Pantry in Down town L.A. is were i go for my away from home breakfast...

I'm usually up for local places as opposed to big chain restaurants. The ingredients are so much richer and im always up to travel well enough for food
I still havent tried roscoes chicken in waffles :(.but anyways is this the place you are talkin about?
The Original Pantry Cafe: Home (http://www.pantrycafe.com/index.html)

DALAZ_68
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm usually up for local places as opposed to big chain restaurants. The ingredients are so much richer and im always up to travel well enough for food
I still havent tried roscoes chicken in waffles :(.but anyways is this the place you are talkin about?
The Original Pantry Cafe: Home (http://www.pantrycafe.com/index.html)

thats the joint! thats the Jam...

on 9th and fig...so fucking delicious...the breakfast is best...pasta is pretty good...not a fan of the philly steak (greasy)...

the sourdough bread toasted with some jam and butter...fucking amazing, and they give you a small plate of cole slaw for free when you get there...

cash only...and dont plan on going either sat or sunday for bfast...lines out the fucking door...best time is middle of the night since its open 24/7 all year round...ALL YEAR ROUND...coffee has always been bomb beezy...

and if your ever in westwood area...try the little corner shack called Gushi...korean bowls...but hug good quantity...

ronmcdon
02-08-2010, 05:13 PM

on 9th and fig...so fucking delicious...the breakfast is best...pasta is pretty good...not a fan of the philly steak (greasy)...

the sourdough bread toasted with some jam and butter...fucking amazing, and they give you a small plate of cole slaw for free when you get there...

cash only...and dont plan on going either sat or sunday for bfast...lines out the fucking door...best time is middle of the night since its open 24/7 all year round...ALL YEAR ROUND...coffee has always been bomb beezy...

and if your ever in westwood area...try the little corner shack called Gushi...korean bowls...but hug good quantity...

The Pantry is pretty decent for a late night/early morning 'steak & eggs'.
Think it's around $10-11 incl coffee.
Their toasted sourdough bread & slaw are wonderful, agreed.
Coffee is a little flat imo, but that's just Diner blend for you.
If you think it's good now, it used to be even better with the portions & pricing some 10-15 yrs ago.
Strange thing is that their egg omelette costs more than their steak & eggs.

With Norms, it all depends which branch you go to.
The Santa Monica branch has a really decent filet mignon w/ eggs @ 9.99 with pancakes.
Steak quality is actually solid & portion is a good 8oz.
They will cook it perfectly medium rare/rare & I don't even need to use sauce.
Pancakes are decent too.
I think they're cooked in lard.

I've been to a South Bay branch that was utterly forgettable though.

BTW - You asked for some Korean BBQ suggestions a while ago.
I have something in the premie food thread.

coww-cho!!!!!
02-08-2010, 05:18 PM

......turn it up and play it again haha

and wow that sounds Dee-lish
thanks for the heads up
speaking of korean now i want to try Korean BBQ as well since last time i had it was months ago at my friends house :drool:

hOngsterr
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
they had this last year too, every dennys was packed.

ronmcdon
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
speaking of korean now i want to try Korean BBQ as well since last time i had it was months ago at my friends house :drool:

Ok try this place then

Road to Seoul
based on 326 reviews Rating Details »Category: Korean
1230 S Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(323) 731-9292

Think it's $17/person AYCE K-BBQ.

Yelp link;
Road to Seoul - Los Angeles, CA (http://www.yelp.com/biz/road-to-seoul-los-angeles)

moocowmoo
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
^^ i heard the dennys in alaska was wide open.... lol damn socal

coww-cho!!!!!
02-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Ok try this place then

Road to Seoul
based on 326 reviews Rating Details »Category: Korean
1230 S Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(323) 731-9292

Think it's $17/person AYCE K-BBQ.

Yelp link;
Road to Seoul - Los Angeles, CA (http://www.yelp.com/biz/road-to-seoul-los-angeles)

sweet thanks! im gonna take my girl there to eat this week

DALAZ_68
02-09-2010, 10:22 AM
The Pantry is pretty decent for a late night/early morning 'steak & eggs'.
Think it's around $10-11 incl coffee.
Their toasted sourdough bread & slaw are wonderful, agreed.
Coffee is a little flat imo, but that's just Diner blend for you.
If you think it's good now, it used to be even better with the portions & pricing some 10-15 yrs ago.
Strange thing is that their egg omelette costs more than their steak & eggs.

With Norms, it all depends which branch you go to.
The Santa Monica branch has a really decent filet mignon w/ eggs @ 9.99 with pancakes.
Steak quality is actually solid & portion is a good 8oz.
They will cook it perfectly medium rare/rare & I don't even need to use sauce.
Pancakes are decent too.
I think they're cooked in lard.

I've been to a South Bay branch that was utterly forgettable though.

BTW - You asked for some Korean BBQ suggestions a while ago.
I have something in the premie food thread.

i remember being there 15 years ago, and your right...but still its a great joint...

the number 1 thing i eat there no matter time of the day is, new york steak butterfly cut, potatoe, 2 eggs, and as much sourdough as i can eat... coffee, or raspberry ice tea

ive gone to 4 norms...each one tasted the same, each one ended with me on the shitter not feeling bueno...

......turn it up and play it again haha

and wow that sounds Dee-lish
thanks for the heads up

take your girl to Gyu Kaku, its not Korean bbq , its japanese. trust me, its 34 bucks all u can eat per person, BUT!, the quality of meat is by far better...there meat selection is top notch...and cute as fuck waitresses every time ive gone...check them out...

murda-c
02-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I'll be at waffle house getting my serving of grease.