PDA

View Full Version : got a new header

hashi
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
well i had a crack at the welds on my greddy header. so i bought a new one. well i got a 4-2-1, and i cant put it on. the greddy is a 4-1, so it is shorter. well when i was removing it today. i find out that i have a custom exhaust. one piece. so now i have to go to a shop and get another custom one made. or i can buy a hole new system. i think i am going to get a custom one. well i just wanted to b*tch and complian. dam last owner...:mad:

who else has found something that the previous owner did and got pissed he did?

ILoveMyRHS13
02-06-2010, 08:40 PM
That's why you should buy an unmolested car.

I don't foresee this thread lasting long at all.

hashi
02-06-2010, 08:42 PM
That's why you should buy an unmolested car.

haha yeah right an unmolested 240.

ILoveMyRHS13
02-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Mine was 100% stock when I bought it. They're out there.

hashi
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah they are out there. just got look hard. i kinda did, i looked at like 12-13 240's before i bought mine. and she not bad, it just pissed me, caught me off gaurd really

drift_maniac
02-06-2010, 08:59 PM
yea there out there man, just gotta be pt. and if you see and old guy driving it stop him and offer him cash.

thats how i got my AE86 GT-S. fresh paint, clean title not molested for $1500 =D. but i traded it for some beat up ass S13 with SR and that stupid ass motor wasnt even running healthy...*sighs*

Bigsyke
02-06-2010, 10:40 PM
While your there, put on a flex pipe. If you dont put on a flex pipe, you might as well by another spare header for when you crack this one.

fliprayzin240sx
02-06-2010, 11:51 PM
While your there, put on a flex pipe. If you dont put on a flex pipe, you might as well by another spare header for when you crack this one.

+1, also you dont have to buy a new exhaust. Slap the header on, take the car to an exhaust place and have them redo the exhaust to fit your current setup.

hashi
02-07-2010, 12:07 AM
wow didnt know i needed a flex pipe, could someone enlighten me....

drift_maniac
02-07-2010, 12:53 AM
i didnt have a flex pipe on my SR, K24E, 4AGE, or my D16y8.

just gotta make sure your engine mounts are in good shape.

so its not rocking back and forth more than the usual.

ericcastro
02-07-2010, 09:07 AM
um, yeah, all day long. lol
I can leave my house right now and usually spot 3 to 5 unmolested S13 within 4 blocks.

A flex pipe will keep all the pressure from the exhaust line from transferring to your header.
When your driving, that exhaust line is moving around a bit.
And with a solid connection at the header, all that pressure is just gonna transfer onto the header and will eventually weaken it and crack it.

So a flex pipe will alliviate this.

Or make sure that all the mount points are used on the exhaust line.

hashi
02-07-2010, 09:20 AM
um, yeah, all day long. lol
I can leave my house right now and usually spot 3 to 5 unmolested S13 within 4 blocks.

A flex pipe will keep all the pressure from the exhaust line from transferring to your header.
When your driving, that exhaust line is moving around a bit.
And with a solid connection at the header, all that pressure is just gonna transfer onto the header and will eventually weaken it and crack it.

So a flex pipe will alliviate this.

Or make sure that all the mount points are used on the exhaust line.

nice info thanks and i will be using a flex pipe for sure now. thanks again:bowdown:

ericcastro
02-07-2010, 09:36 AM
nice info thanks and i will be using a flex pipe for sure now. thanks again:bowdown:

If your car is real low and the exhaust or header ever scrapes the ground, then a flex pipe is a really good idea too.

CrimsonRockett
02-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Pointless thread.