PDA

View Full Version : Something isnt right here

n240sxfnatic
02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
So I am a student at Iowa State University. Almost 2 weeks ago a student, Jon Lacina was reported missing. This just doesnt happen in a place like this although it happened 2 years ago to a student Abel Bolanos. His body was found in a small lake on campus, I would consider it a pond, the size is pathetic. Its maybe 6-7 feet at the deepest. Anyways, his body was found in there shortly after he was reported missing. He drowned, but now im thinking maybe someone drowned him. He was last seen at 4 am or so, so he was probably alone and no one was around.
So looking into Jon's disappearance I find these and many others.
Smiley Face Killers (http://sfkillers.com/)
Smiley face killers may be stalking college men - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/21/smiley.face.killer/index.html)

Apparently someone has been murdering young males that have certain things going for them. He has killed 80 men in 11 states or so and always leaves some kind of smiley face design at the scene. Its kind of starting to freak me out, like not piss my pants but im just like wtf. It pisses me off that the only thing I have on my person is my edc blade, and cant carry on campus.

Thoughts?

upsdude
02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
there are sick people in this world. be aware of your surroundings...not much else to do

RNGWLD
02-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Apparently someone has been murdering young males that have certain things going for them. He has killed 80 men in 11 states or so and always leaves some kind of smiley face design at the scene. Its kind of starting to freak me out, like not piss my pants but im just like wtf. It pisses me off that the only thing I have on my person is my edc blade, and cant carry on campus.

Thoughts?

Dont give in to paranoia, but if you feel the need then carry it strapped to your leg. Carrying a knife won't be to useful if you are not being careful of your surroundings, walking around campus wasted, or hanging out with random dudes and taking drinks from them :ughd:

MikeisNissan
02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
start taking some self defense classes, carry some pepper spray (i gave my girl one) or some plastic knives or some shit. but cant go wrong with a good old self defense to the max.

I LUV MY S13
02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
yeah its a sick world, im sure theres other shit going on out there that we cant even imagine...all those thousands of people missing, how many do you think actually ran away ?

brunswick240
02-06-2010, 10:46 PM
this thread and the marble hornets thread just freaked me the fuck out. damnit zilvia i better not lose sleep haha

n240sxfnatic
02-06-2010, 11:25 PM
start taking some self defense classes, carry some pepper spray (i gave my girl one) or some plastic knives or some shit. but cant go wrong with a good old self defense to the max.

My gf has pepper spray, and I always walk to her apartment to get her then back to mine, I do that because of the amount of drunk dudes everywhere looking to fuck and/or fight everyone. Ill continue carrying my edc, but I would like to be able to use my ccw for the purpose that I got it for.

yeah its a sick world, im sure theres other shit going on out there that we cant even imagine...all those thousands of people missing, how many do you think actually ran away ?

Its just weird. I live in a town of 50,000 and 27,000 of the population is students. Maybe its just growing up in Iowa that this is the first time I/we can actually see any of this shit affecting us.

ryguy
02-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Such a freakin weird story it seems to verge on urban legend or hoax, but I guess if CNN is reporting on it...... really really weird though.

I seem to remember a friend of a friend student at Indiana State last year who died in an accidental drowning, come to think of it.

ericcastro
02-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Jeez, there isnt one thing those cops are saying that sounds legitimate, lol.

And to thik the serial killer is really dumb and unpopular, lol.

Most serial killers are extremely smart, smarter then the average people.
And usually very charming.

And the devil smiley was found amoungst a ton of gang graffiti, lol.
They are grasping for straws on this thing, lol.
I can go down my block and point out several smiley faces, gang graffitti and then find you a couple mexican kids named "smiley", lmao!
Given a drug thats undetectable in autopsies, lol.

The lesson here is, dont get wasted and fuck around near water. duh
who doesnt know that?
I usually stop swimming in the pool after a couple beers.