PDA

View Full Version : Like chicken wings? Check out aWingThing.com!

exitspeed
02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
I made a brand new site dedicated to all things chicken wings. I lo'me some chicken wings. My buddies and I will get together and fry up a giant vat and we're constantly going out to a few local places so we decided we were going to start making trips to wing places locally and maybe across the country.

So check it out. Bookmark it. Comment. Keep watching.

The site is only a week old so there's probably some technical issues here and there. And I'm not a professional writer, just a dude that loves wings, so there's bound to be some grammatical errors.

aWingThing.Com (http://www.awingthing.com/)

When I was in Detroit last month my friend and I went to a place downtown called Sweetwater and had their wings. This is really what inspired me to make a site all about wings. We couldn't stop talking about how awesome these wings were.

My friends and I are planning a trip to Detroit in the summer probably so they can all try'em too.

BustedS13
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
you should have asked about wings when you were coming to STL... Syberg's has the baddest wings on earth.

Flicktitty
02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey Mel, if you check out more Wisconsin/Milwaukee area places let me know. i'll tag along.

exitspeed
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
you should have asked about wings when you were coming to STL... Syberg's has the baddest wings on earth.

I didn't make it to STL last year. If there's a wing place though that is the bomb I can set up a little strip. STL isn't that far from me.

Hey Mel, if you check out more Wisconsin/Milwaukee area places let me know. i'll tag along.

Will do man. The more the marriererer.

Some of the places we're planning on in the near future is Magoo's (even though we always go there), and Major Goolsby's downtown.

undesiredshoe
02-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Ahh man legend larrys in sheboygan is the best. I miss eating it all the time.

Quaker Steak and Lube in Madisons also got some good wings

exitspeed
02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Ahh man legend larrys in sheboygan is the best. I miss eating it all the time.

Quaker Steak and Lube in Madisons also got some good wings

That is one of the places we're planning on going soon also. I heard they are really good.

Know of any others in the area?

Agamemnon
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I came into the thread thinking it was about this thing.
http://images.swcombine.com/ships/19/large.jpg

I love hot wings. Cant wait to go through the site more.

S14DB
02-03-2010, 11:03 PM
What is this spam???

When are you guys going to mecca?

undesiredshoe
02-03-2010, 11:26 PM
That is one of the places we're planning on going soon also. I heard they are really good.

Know of any others in the area?

There aren't any other big wing places in Sheboygan that I know of and I don't know about Madison as I just moved here.

Quaker Steak's got some pretty good wings, nice variety of flavors and IMO, their Atomic wings are pretty hot, Id say they are hotter than Legend Larrys.

ryguy
02-03-2010, 11:35 PM
You should put a wing database (restaurants) on there that guests can update.

napaKAliboog
02-04-2010, 01:49 AM
You guys might flame me but I like wing stop...

exitspeed
02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
What is this spam???

When are you guys going to mecca?

Yes...

And what is mecca?

There aren't any other big wing places in Sheboygan that I know of and I don't know about Madison as I just moved here.

Quaker Steak's got some pretty good wings, nice variety of flavors and IMO, their Atomic wings are pretty hot, Id say they are hotter than Legend Larrys.

There's quit a few places here in Milwaukee. We'll be hitting them all up very soon.

You should put a wing database (restaurants) on there that guests can update.

Great idea! Thanks.

S14DB
02-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Anchor Bar (http://www.anchorbar.com/)
Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival | Annual Chicken Wing Festival Celebrating Buffalo Wings | Chicken Wing King | Drew Cerza | Home Of The Chicken Wing (http://www.buffalowing.com/)

S14DB
02-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Going to the wing bowl?
WingBowl 18 2010 Tickets | Ticket Warehouse (http://wingbowltickets.ticketwarehouse.com/)

exitspeed
02-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Anchor Bar (http://www.anchorbar.com/)
Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival | Annual Chicken Wing Festival Celebrating Buffalo Wings | Chicken Wing King | Drew Cerza | Home Of The Chicken Wing (http://www.buffalowing.com/)

Going to the wing bowl?
WingBowl 18 2010 Tickets | Ticket Warehouse (http://wingbowltickets.ticketwarehouse.com/)

Thanks! Maybe next year we'll be able to get to some of these nationally known places.

DriftPanda
02-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I love how every town has the "best wing place" I think they should have a show where someone just drives around the nation trying just wings..

exitspeed
02-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I love how every town has the "best wing place" I think they should have a show where someone just drives around the nation trying just wings..

It is a thing of beauty. I'd love to do a show like that. Hmmmm, now if i just knew someone that had some pull at the Travel Channel.

Future240
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
So when is the forum going to be up?

exitspeed
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
So when is the forum going to be up?

I've been thinking about it. Not sure if I want there to be one or not because it'll take traffic away from the main site.

Still considering it though.

Future240
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I've been thinking about it. Not sure if I want there to be one or not because it'll take traffic away from the main site.

Still considering it though.

Makes sense. This thread has me craving wings. I want to try my hand in making some sauces.

hOngsterr
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
im a fan. woooot.

exitspeed
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Just put up an article about Hooters from lunch.

hOngsterr
02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
hooters wing suck.

Future240
02-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Just put up an article about Hooters from lunch.

Needs pictures. Wall o Text is informative but kind of bland without pics.

exitspeed
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
hooters wing suck.

Pretty much was my conclusion.

Needs pictures. Wall o Text is informative but kind of bland without pics.

Yeah I was at lunch with co-workers so I didn't have my camera. Some articles are gonna be like that I guess. But it was just Hooters so...eh. :wiggle:

Future240
02-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah I was at lunch with co-workers so I didn't have my camera. Some articles are gonna be like that I guess. But it was just Hooters so...eh. :wiggle:

Shitty cell phone pic spread of food would have been better than nothing. I have never eaten hooters wings. Seems I am not missing anything. There is no place here that has really good wings. All the wings here are bar wings. The hot flavor has no spice. One place sells "Atomic" wings. They are all spice and no flavor.

I am liking the idea of this site. Will users be able to submit things as well or is it just going to be you guys?

exitspeed
02-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Shitty cell phone pic spread of food would have been better than nothing. I have never eaten hooters wings. Seems I am not missing anything. There is no place here that has really good wings. All the wings here are bar wings. The hot flavor has no spice. One place sells "Atomic" wings. They are all spice and no flavor.

I am liking the idea of this site. Will users be able to submit things as well or is it just going to be you guys?

Yeah I know. I haz an idea. EDIT: Fixed

I'm open to ideas at this point. If someone I knew well enough online wanted to submit an article or something I'd definitely put it up.

S14DB
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
hooters wing suck.

nuh uh! Food Poisoning FTW1!!

S13SilviaGirl
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Mel, I really like the site. It has good colors and lay out....for not being a pro, it looks pretty damn good!

Kwonza Says
02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Site looks good i'll stop by now and then to follow up on whats goin on..im craving wings now -___- Any good wing place in Socal?

sked707
02-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Nice site and I'm def a fan! Now you've left me with my mouth all watery :yum: It's ok cuz in a few i'll be enjoying some anywayz ;)

exitspeed
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Mel, I really like the site. It has good colors and lay out....for not being a pro, it looks pretty damn good!

Thanks Lisa! That means a lot.

Site looks good i'll stop by now and then to follow up on whats goin on..im craving wings now -___- Any good wing place in Socal?

Nice site and I'm def a fan! Now you've left me with my mouth all watery :yum: It's ok cuz in a few i'll be enjoying some anywayz ;)

Thanks guys.

Now go eat some wings guys!

ViciousCesar!
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Going to Bufallo Wings and Rings tonight to watch the fights. :naughtyd:

240XTC
02-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Ummmm garlic parmesan wings & a frosted glass of Dos Equis

More wing places the BETTER!!

Mangudai
02-09-2010, 11:32 AM
You do this right your site should get a lot of traffic.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-09-2010, 11:56 AM
if you guys ever end up doing wing bowl, make sure you stop by ed's wings and pizza in university city. best wings around.

exitspeed
03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
So the site has been up for a almost two months now and things are going well. The gang has been able to get to a lot of places around the SE WI area and we've had some damn good wings. We still have a ton of places to go to, but we're working on it.

Today I received a pretty cool email from the owner of Legend Larry's, Legend Larry himself regarding our visit to them in Jan. If you don't know Legend Larry's they won First Place Extra Hot, First Place Hot, Second Place Medium, and 2009 Over-all Fan Favorite at the National Buffalo Wing Festival in Buffalo NY and they are right here in WI. That's some pretty impressive stuff considering how many entries are submitted. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool that the site is getting some recognition however small at this point.

VROOOM
03-25-2010, 08:26 AM

Alondra Hot Wings. there are a few locations but ive only been to the one on Paramount and Alondra. they have about 20 different flavors and the restaurant has a Mob theme. they have good pizza too. deep fried twinkies too.

Alondra Hot Wings Restaurant & Grill (http://www.alondrawings.com/)

Quail
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I really like the site. Nice unique concept and well written.

Dirty Habit
03-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Cool site. I left a message earlier about duff's wings. Never saw that episode until then.

The girls are hot at duffs too. Fyi.

fckillerbee
03-25-2010, 10:15 AM

there is only one place WORTH bragging about. WINGNUTS. There is one in pomona and coasta mesa that I know about. All they do is wings, and a very limited other selection. Beer is wonderful there too!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3605/3377775999_5f6b55bc18.jpg

I think they have 30 different sauces too...maybe more!

axiomatik
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Mel, if you come down to Atlanta I'll have to take you to Taco Mac. Local chain with great wings and really good ranch dressing and a huge beer selection.

Another cool place down here is a Korean fried chicken place. I had Korean chicken when I was in Seoul a few years ago. It is cooked just like wings, though they use the whole chicken (legs/breast/wings), and they can have different style sauces, like garlic or sweet. Really good stuff, and there is a large Korean population here, so luckily there's a korean chicken place called Love Letter out in Gwinett County.

Future240
03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Mel, if you come down to Atlanta I'll have to take you to Taco Mac. Local chain with great wings and really good ranch dressing and a huge beer selection.

Another cool place down here is a Korean fried chicken place. I had Korean chicken when I was in Seoul a few years ago. It is cooked just like wings, though they use the whole chicken (legs/breast/wings), and they can have different style sauces, like garlic or sweet. Really good stuff, and there is a large Korean population here, so luckily there's a korean chicken place called Love Letter out in Gwinett County.

Say huh? I had no idea these places existed in Atlanta. More info needed now.

exitspeed
03-25-2010, 12:41 PM

If I'm down there anytime soon (probably to get another 240 ;) ) we'll def have to get together again and try a couple places out.

See, you just needed to ask around.

fckillerbee
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
any of you look at that empty plate of chicken wings that are now bones...and say to yourself.....

I just killed off 20 chickens....that's 20 lives I have consumed sitting here. lol

I always laugh and then feel bad about it later. the thought doesn't cross my mind once though when I'm eating them.

exitspeed
03-25-2010, 01:07 PM
any of you look at that empty plate of chicken wings that are now bones...and say to yourself.....

I just killed off 20 chickens....that's 20 lives I have consumed sitting here. lol

I always laugh and then feel bad about it later. the thought doesn't cross my mind once though when I'm eating them.

That doesn't cross my mind ever. I am a proud carnivore. :drool:

Dirty Habit
03-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Anyone have any good sauce recipes? I should be able to grill again soon when I move, so Ill be in full wing/bbq mode this summer.

exitspeed
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Anyone have any good sauce recipes? I should be able to grill again soon when I move, so Ill be in full wing/bbq mode this summer.

I've been working on perfecting my spicy garlic sauce but it's not quit right yet.

BustedS13
03-25-2010, 02:17 PM

no, because that'd be 80 wings

fatty

fckillerbee
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM

fatty

my respons was going to be...how do you know I'm the only one eating wings? lol....but it is true...i'm fatty.:yum:

fckillerbee
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
That doesn't cross my mind ever. I am a proud carnivore. :drool:

you should see the looks I get when I order the porterhouse. 20 some odd ounce steak, with big ass potatoe.

just killing animals...thats all!

The only bad feelings I get, is when I look down and realize I could have eaten less (less wings), which could be saved for another killing.

Kwonza Says
03-25-2010, 04:10 PM
there is only one place WORTH bragging about. WINGNUTS. There is one in pomona and coasta mesa that I know about. All they do is wings, and a very limited other selection. Beer is wonderful there too!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3605/3377775999_5f6b55bc18.jpg

I think they have 30 different sauces too...maybe more!

Alondra Hot Wings. there are a few locations but ive only been to the one on Paramount and Alondra. they have about 20 different flavors and the restaurant has a Mob theme. they have good pizza too. deep fried twinkies too.

Alondra Hot Wings Restaurant & Grill (http://www.alondrawings.com/)

Fasho will def check these places out very soon :D Oh and fckillerbee were you the one at 626 march maddness parked next to my buddy's red s14?

silviaguy240
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
i need to go get some wings somewhere. i havent had any good wings in a long time, or wings in general.

edit: just made some, didnt realize i had some wings. just used franks red hot recipie. 1/2 cup red hot, 1/3 cup butter and i added a little garlic powder. came out decent.

exitspeed
03-26-2010, 08:53 AM
i need to go get some wings somewhere. i havent had any good wings in a long time, or wings in general.

edit: just made some, didnt realize i had some wings. just used franks red hot recipie. 1/2 cup red hot, 1/3 cup butter and i added a little garlic powder. came out decent.

If you want to make that recipe even better, take an egg yoke and a tbl spoon of cornstarch. Mix the yolk and corn starch together to create a slurry. Once the other ingredients get up to temp vigorously stir in the slurry. The sauce will start to thicken up right away and then it'll stay combined. If you don't do this (you probably noticed) you'll see that the oil (from the butter) and the hot sauce will start to separate if you don't keep stirring. The slurry will keep it combined like a sauce you'd get at BW3's. It'll coat the wings better thins way.

S14DB
03-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Raw eggs? No thanks Salmon Fella...

exitspeed
03-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Raw eggs? No thanks Salmon Fella...

It cooks once it goes into the sauce.

Tomorrow I'm doing some ribs. 2-2-1 technique.

Gonna try out some wings using the low and slow BBQ technique too. Just gonna keep'em dry. Maybe put some of the NC style BBQ sauce I'm gonna make on'em.

axiomatik
03-26-2010, 10:39 AM

Taco Mac (http://www.tacomac.com/)

Love Letter Pizza & Chicken (http://www.yelp.com/biz/love-letter-pizza-and-chicken-duluth)

exitspeed
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM

Wow less then $80 for 100 wings. That's damn cheap.

fckillerbee
03-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Fasho will def check these places out very soon :D Oh and fckillerbee were you the one at 626 march maddness parked next to my buddy's red s14?

I drove the car below. Green trunk. Yes, one of the 626 instructors.

TurboSE
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
i've actually been to this site a few times in the past month and had no idea it had anything to do with Zilvia. Very cool site, I've searched it a few times, is there a section for user submitted recipes? I have a pretty good on that all my friends like, and just thought I'd share.

Future240
03-26-2010, 12:51 PM

Love Letter Pizza & Chicken (http://www.yelp.com/biz/love-letter-pizza-and-chicken-duluth)

We got to hit that up sometime when I'm in ATL.

theicecreamdan
03-28-2010, 07:53 PM

fatty

Where are you finding chickens with 4 wings?

exitspeed
03-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Where are you finding chickens with 4 wings?

Probably because you get a flat and drum from each wing. Soooo, yeah 4 total.

axiomatik
03-30-2010, 10:53 AM
We got to hit that up sometime when I'm in ATL.

let me know. we can commiserate about both of our non-operational 240's :keke:.

Str8 Rippin
03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Dope site mel! I can't wait to burn down some more buildings when you get back to the D lol J/K

fliprayzin240sx
03-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Damn...this thread just made me go to this local joint here in Okinawa called Wing King. I just got done stuffing my face with 35 pieces of wings...

exitspeed
03-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Dope site mel! I can't wait to burn down some more buildings when you get back to the D lol J/K

Hahahha, heck yes! Hopefully sometime this summer. The wing guys and myself are going to try and get to Detroit to go to Sweet Water again. And of course some more urban exploring.

Damn...this thread just made me go to this local joint here in Okinawa called Wing King. I just got done stuffing my face with 35 pieces of wings...

Glad we could inspire you.

New article up today about boneless vs traditional. Leave a comment.

Traditional or Boneless? | A Wing Thing (http://www.awingthing.com/?p=89)

TurboSE
03-31-2010, 02:45 PM
This may be a bit off topic, and if you feel thread-jacked by it, please feel free to say something...

What regional/national chain has the best wings in everyone's opinion?

Like if you don't feel like making your own, where does everyone get their wing fix?

S14DB
03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
New article up today about boneless vs traditional. Leave a comment.

Traditional or Boneless? | A Wing Thing (http://www.awingthing.com/?p=89)

Wut, no poll?

exitspeed
03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
This may be a bit off topic, and if you feel thread-jacked by it, please feel free to say something...

What regional/national chain has the best wings in everyone's opinion?

Like if you don't feel like making your own, where does everyone get their wing fix?

BW's if it's a chain. I've yet to find a place that has sauce that I like BETTER then BW's spicy garlic.

exitspeed
03-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Wut, no poll?

Nope. I tried a couple poll plugins and haven't been successful with them. I need to look into it again.

exitspeed
03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
NOW there's a poll!

Go vote!

Traditional or Boneless? (now w/ poll) | A Wing Thing (http://www.awingthing.com/?p=89)

exitspeed
07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
A few weeks ago a friend and I did the BW3's Blazin Wing Challenge. It was pretty funny. Check out the article on my site for the video.

Blazin Wing Challenge | South East Wisconsin's source for chicken wing reviews (http://www.awingthing.com/2010/07/bw3s-blazin-wing-challenge/)

exitspeed
08-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Whoring out the new logo. Check out the sig.

New website coming in the next few months as well.

I'm also doing business cards, and probably some kind of decal or sticker.

Future240
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Digging the new logo. Down to rock a sticker.

Slammed Assassin
08-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Damn i wish they had Wing King In cali!!

keeeban
08-03-2010, 11:56 PM
If you get the chance to visit Norcal, you gotta check out "99 Chicken" in Santa Clara. It's a husband and wife owned restaurant that's been featured in the local papers many times for their awesome fried chicken recipes/sauces. They have this killer spicy recipe that made my buddy tear up by just licking a finger-touch of the sauce. :D

..Now I'm craving wings.

exitspeed
08-21-2010, 06:15 AM
The new Fiery Buffalo wings are super good!

Doritos 2nd Degree Burn Fiery Buffalo | South East Wisconsin's source for chicken wing reviews (http://www.awingthing.com/2010/08/doritos%C2%AE-2nd-degree-burn-fiery-buffalo/)

Dirty Habit
08-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Im going to order Mr.Spots today thanks to this thread. Best wings in SE MI.

http://www.campusmenus.com/uploads/restaurant/logos/misterspots.jpg

exitspeed
08-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Im going to order Mr.Spots today thanks to this thread. Best wings in SE MI.

http://www.campusmenus.com/uploads/restaurant/logos/misterspots.jpg

Really? I go to the Detroit Auto Show (almost) every year and we drive through Ann Arbor on our way. We might have to stop for lunch.

Dirty Habit
08-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I believe they are. Interesting thing is that they have two locations (one down in nw oh) and they different sauces at each. Both are fantastic. Crisp, good sized wings with a sauce that kicks.
They have a firesteak sandwich and waffle fries that are badass too. Shoot me a pm if you do come through, Ill meet you there, I love the place.

sil80dreamer
08-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Try Pistol Petes in Brookfield. Good wings with a full menu of other great foods. It has 2 sides to it, a sitdown bar with music, tvs, and games, and a quiet dining room.

Demarinis has the best no sauce wings i have had. It is an italian restaurant with only mild or hot and they are huge, but they are very good as well as the rest of there food. They also have the best pizza imo.

exitspeed
08-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Try Pistol Petes in Brookfield. Good wings with a full menu of other great foods. It has 2 sides to it, a sitdown bar with music, tvs, and games, and a quiet dining room.

Demarinis has the best no sauce wings i have had. It is an italian restaurant with only mild or hot and they are huge, but they are very good as well as the rest of there food. They also have the best pizza imo.

Sweet, thanks for the tips.

slideslidegnarslide
08-24-2010, 07:22 AM
wings to go bombest bombs ever thats all i can think about right now i think i actually just drooled

exitspeed
08-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah we dont' have any of those here unfortunately.

Tantwoforty
08-24-2010, 10:39 PM
i do enjoy buffalo wild wings. mmm

Agamemnon
08-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Love the site. Are you guys thinking about adding some correspondents? There are plenty of good dives and bars aroun the Seattle area(bad ones too).

Also, you should try to develop a wing app. Kinda like if you open google maps and then choose the wing option, it displays all the places to get wings as well as corresponding reviews.

exitspeed
08-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Love the site. Are you guys thinking about adding some correspondents? There are plenty of good dives and bars aroun the Seattle area(bad ones too).

I've thought about it. Turing it into a national site instead of focusing on the Midwest and specifically SE WI. Are you saying you're interested?

Also, you should try to develop a wing app. Kinda like if you open google maps and then choose the wing option, it displays all the places to get wings as well as corresponding reviews.

I've thought if that too. I made a thread on here about making an app and it seems like Android is easier (and cheaper ie Free) to make an app for. It is in my plans.

Next order of business for the site though is business cards for the guys, then stickers, then redoing the website completely.

Glad you like it though.

Agamemnon
08-25-2010, 07:41 AM
I've thought about it. Turing it into a national site instead of focusing on the Midwest and specifically SE WI. Are you saying you're interested?
Hell yeah! Awingthing has the potential to be something really big. I would love to be apart of that. Plus I love wings too. yum.

slideslidegnarslide
08-25-2010, 09:31 AM
come down we can go its amazing long ass trip for wings though

miucus
08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
nice site, i like the idea. what framework are you using for the site?

exitspeed
08-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Wordpress and using an theme from Elegant Themes.

Phlip
09-30-2010, 01:22 PM
New contributor, as of this afternoon:
Phlip's baked "dry" wings | South East Wisconsin's source for chicken wing reviews (http://www.awingthing.com/2010/09/phlips-baked-dry-wings/)

exitspeed
09-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Glad to have you on board. I realize that I can't do this thing on my own. At least not with how big I'd like the site to get.

Official intro on the site coming.

Future240
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Awesome Phlip. I am working on a honey mustard sauce to add to the site. It's pretty good so far but I need more work on it.

exitspeed
12-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Bunch of new articles up over the last couple weeks. Take a look before the end of the year.

aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | Your Source for Chicken Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/)

Keep an eye out for a drastic change in the site noon. ;):w00t:

Also, stickers are being printed as we speak.

Future240
12-30-2010, 10:53 AM
In for stickers.

Dirty Habit
12-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Ditto.

Also my favorite wing place Mister Spots got repped during the NE Detroit football game this thanksgiving.

Tom Brady (michigan product) called up spots and ordered wings for his offensive and defensive line. They talked about it a few minutes on live tv.

Rock and Roll!

exitspeed
01-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey guys, stop by the site and let me know what you think. I did a major overhaul on it. I've been working on it for a couple weeks. Tons of new stuff coming too.

exitspeed
02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
New review of one fo the 4 places we went to for Wings in Detroit.
Slows BBQ Detroit MI - Real BBQ Wings are a tasty change | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/02/slows-bbq-detroit-mi/)

Also, new rating system is up and a map has been added.

exitspeed
03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Ok folks, big news for us. Our first video is up.

Quaker Steak & Lube - New Berlin, WI - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/03/quaker-steak-lube-new-berlin-wi/)

It's not perfect, but it turned out pretty cool for winging it (pun intended).

We have big plans for the video's in the future.

ZZHD5QrvHQE

sbanzer123
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
its hard to find a bad chicken wing around here! duff's owns anchor bar all day. actually the dive bars around here are where youll find the best wings known to man.

exitspeed
03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
its hard to find a bad chicken wing around here! duff's owns anchor bar all day. actually the dive bars around here are where youll find the best wings known to man.

We're hopefully going go to the Buffalo Wing Festival this year. We wanted to last year but couldn't make it.

Flicktitty
03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
awesome stuff Mel, April 16th Wi240's goin to QSL if your wanting to join.

exitspeed
03-02-2011, 04:25 PM
awesome stuff Mel, April 16th Wi240's goin to QSL if your wanting to join.

I might be able to do that.

You should come join us for a review some time.

sbanzer123
03-03-2011, 10:08 AM
We're hopefully going go to the Buffalo Wing Festival this year. We wanted to last year but couldn't make it.

I actually have never been to wingfest. You really don't need to if you live here. You should get ahold of me when you get out here I can show you some of the better places to go that won't be at wingfest.

exitspeed
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
A new review from our Detroit Trip is up.
Union Street - Are they the best wings in Detroit? - aWingThing.Com | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/03/union-street-detroit-mi/)

theicecreamdan
03-24-2011, 12:15 PM
can you tell us how to make a good wing?

beb
03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
mMm... I <3 wings. Is there a recipe for Garlic Parm wings on the site? Like the ones they serve at Wing Stop??

exitspeed
03-24-2011, 12:36 PM
mMm... I <3 wings. Is there a recipe for Garlic Parm wings on the site? Like the ones they serve at Wing Stop??

Actually, funny you ask, there will be a recipe up for that VERY soon. Keep checking the site.

can you tell us how to make a good wing?

Fry'em. That's the best way. If you have the time, fry'em, then through them on the grill for a min, then toss in sauce.

We're going to try and do a lot more with recipes in the future.

beb
03-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh awesome..... *drool*

sbanzer123
03-26-2011, 12:11 PM
deep fry for 15 minutes and toss them in franks hot sauce. or toss them in bbq sauce then throw them on the grill.

theicecreamdan
03-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Fry'em. That's the best way. If you have the time, fry'em, then through them on the grill for a min, then toss in sauce.

Fried up some using the "beer built in" recipe on the site. very tasty even without sauce.

exitspeed
03-26-2011, 01:56 PM
deep fry for 15 minutes and toss them in franks hot sauce. or toss them in bbq sauce then throw them on the grill.

I'd toss'em again afte the grill too, but I like a saucy wing.

Fried up some using the "beer built in" recipe on the site. very tasty even without sauce.

Sweet. You should comment on that post and let us know how it was. :bigok:

Future240
03-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I need to send you my hot wings recipe, I think I'll make some this weekend and send it to you.

usdm180sx
03-26-2011, 05:30 PM
For you CA people there is Alondra Hot Wings. Their Atomic Wings are the HOTTEST EVER. I took ONE bite and my mouth was on fire for 30 minutes!!!

Alondra Hot Wings Restaurant & Grill (http://www.alondrawings.com/food-menu/index.html)

Scroll down to Hot Wings and look up "Atomic." Notice it says "waiver" beside it because they're so hot you have to sign a frickkin waiver before you can order them.

I think they pack that shit with Ghost Chili Peppers google it it's the world's hottest pepper

WanganRunner
03-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I <3 Korean chicken wings.

Amazed that Wing Stop, etc, hasn't picked this up as a flavor.

http://www.cooknutri.com/wp-content/uploads/Korean-Chicken-Wings.jpg

blueshark123
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
I want to see more recipes i love cooking up some wings

exitspeed
03-27-2011, 08:57 AM
I need to send you my hot wings recipe, I think I'll make some this weekend and send it to you.

Cool.

For you CA people there is Alondra Hot Wings. Their Atomic Wings are the HOTTEST EVER. I took ONE bite and my mouth was on fire for 30 minutes!!!

Alondra Hot Wings Restaurant & Grill (http://www.alondrawings.com/food-menu/index.html)

Scroll down to Hot Wings and look up "Atomic." Notice it says "waiver" beside it because they're so hot you have to sign a frickkin waiver before you can order them.

I think they pack that shit with Ghost Chili Peppers google it it's the world's hottest pepper

Ghost Peppers used to be the hottest. Now the Naga Viper is.
The World's Hottest Pepper: Naga Viper | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2010/12/a-new-hottest-pepper-in-the-world-the-naga-viper/)

I <3 Korean chicken wings.

Amazed that Wing Stop, etc, hasn't picked this up as a flavor.

http://www.cooknutri.com/wp-content/uploads/Korean-Chicken-Wings.jpg

What specific flavors/spices make for a Korean wing? I'm not familiar.

I want to see more recipes i love cooking up some wings

They're coming. Stay tuned.

Future240
03-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Weren't you growing some viper peppers?

WanganRunner
03-27-2011, 11:33 AM
What specific flavors/spices make for a Korean wing? I'm not familiar.

Soy Sauce
Ginger
Gochujang (fermented chile)
Brown Sugar
Vinegar

exitspeed
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Weren't you growing some viper peppers?

Ghost Peppers actually. I've been trying to buy some Naga Viper seeds but have had no luck. :-/

Soy Sauce
Ginger
Gochujang (fermented chile)
Brown Sugar
Vinegar

I'm gonna have to try making that. Sounds good.

blueshark123
03-28-2011, 09:37 AM
i hate this thread im so fucking hungry right now at work

exitspeed
03-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Boom!
Dave's Spicy Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce Recipe - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/03/daves-spicy-garlic-parmesan-wing-sauce-recipe/)

theicecreamdan
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
so what's the best way to do wings?

1)season/marinade
2)fry
3)sauce
4)grill
5)sauce

exitspeed
03-28-2011, 01:23 PM
I think it's personal preference. I used to just like a fried then sauced wing. Then I had a couple places locally that marinade, sauce, then grill and this became my favorite. But the best wing I've ever had at Sweet Water in Detroit are marinaded, fried and then sauced.

I think it just comes down to cooking them right. Because I'd had really good wings that are just fried and really really bad wings that are just fried.

When we do a big wing night at one of our cribs we usually just fry them and then sauce'em.

Wake
03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
We have smokeeaters here in san jose and for some reason the buffalo bell in santa cruz puts wingstop to shame.

exitspeed
03-28-2011, 01:54 PM
We don't have Wingstops here. :/

Wake
03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
well wingstop is crap lately, I dunno if its the chefs or the location i went to bu t i was not impressed.

Smokeeaters has the hellfire challenge, you may have seen it on Man Vs Food. Looks pretty intense, Im not into spicy shit like that but Im thinking of taking my dad over there to see if he can pass.
Hellfire Challenge | Smoke Eaters (http://smoke-eaters.com/about/hellfire-challenge/)

WanganRunner
03-28-2011, 03:33 PM

Wingstop is great for their original flavor, IMO. Some of the others are just kind of average.

I never thought about trying to get creative with wings, but this thread is getting my brain working. Now I want to try the following:

-Five Spice
-Singapore Chili (i.e. chili crab)
-Misoyaki

Up until now I've been boring about it, I just do them one way. It isn't a real "hot wing", just grilled.

-Brine overnight in ziploc with water and salt, sage, cumin, and Cholula.
-Grill, spritzing with spray bottle of Tequila & lime juice.

I've never fried them, but all the best wings I've ever had have been fried. I own a deep fryer, I just hate using it because it's a pain in the ass and I have to use like $15 in peanut oil to even fire it up. Not worth it for small batches.

exitspeed
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Pretty soon we are going to allow reader reviews and recipes. So if you guys do any, take, pics, and write about it I'll put it up on the site with your name.

That is something coming down the line (next 3 months).

S14DB
03-28-2011, 08:13 PM

You can drive on down to Kenosha... :keke:

exitspeed
04-01-2011, 09:19 AM
aWingThing.Com picked up by Food Network for new TV Show! - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/04/awingthing-com-picked-up-by-food-network-for-new-tv-show/)

enkei2k
04-01-2011, 09:35 AM
aWingThing.Com picked up by Food Network for new TV Show! - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/04/awingthing-com-picked-up-by-food-network-for-new-tv-show/)

That is awesome news. :eek2: congrats!

hope it's not an april fools joke lol...

edit - FML fail at reading tags...haha damn it.

Daniel.
04-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Melbourne Howard Russell, the Guy Fieri of Chicken Wings, and my best fran ever.

exitspeed
04-01-2011, 02:53 PM
APRIL FOOLS!

I couldn't resist.

It would be cool though. Maybe someday. It must sound at least somewhat plausible because a lot of people believed it. That's encouraging. lol

theicecreamdan
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I said "wow" before I realized what today was.

exitspeed
04-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Here's the article about my Ghost Pepper plant.

Growing Ghost Chili Peppers - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/04/growing-ghost-chili-peppers/)

Here's what it looks like as of now.
http://www.awingthing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_0262.jpg

stiizy
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
anyone ever been to The Vine in Tempe AZ i miss the wings from there, we got some cool places here but none i'll call great!! although i do love me some Bon Chon!!!

SuicidnS13
04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Nice site... We love us some wings too here at home....

axiomatik
04-08-2011, 09:53 AM
anyone ever been to The Vine in Tempe AZ i miss the wings from there, we got some cool places here but none i'll call great!! although i do love me some Bon Chon!!!

I went to ASU for 5 years, and never made it over to the Vine. You want to know what else is crazy? After ASU I moved to Iowa City for 4 years, which apparently is their only other location outside of Tempe, and still never went. I guess I just never ate much wings back then. Love them now.

stiizy
04-08-2011, 10:09 AM
The Vine is where it's at!!

I'm ordering Bon Chon for lunch right now!!!

holemilk00
04-22-2011, 01:34 PM
If you guys make it back to SE Michigan anytime soon there is a place here in Monroe that is billed as a pizza joint, but everyone goes there for the coal fired herb wings. I'm from Charlotte NC and I'd like to say we have a lot of great wing places down there, and the wings at this place are by far the best I've had. You should try it out. If you get up with me when you're here it will be my treat.

Nick & Nino's Coal Fired Grill Menu (http://www.nickandninos.com/coal-fired-grill-restaurant-menu)

exitspeed
04-22-2011, 01:42 PM
If you guys make it back to SE Michigan anytime soon there is a place here in Monroe that is billed as a pizza joint, but everyone goes there for the coal fired herb wings. I'm from Charlotte NC and I'd like to say we have a lot of great wing places down there, and the wings at this place are by far the best I've had. You should try it out. If you get up with me when you're here it will be my treat.

Nick & Nino's Coal Fired Grill Menu (http://www.nickandninos.com/coal-fired-grill-restaurant-menu)

Yeah, we will be back in Detroit. Probably next year. We wanted to get back there this Summer but I'm not sure it'll happen with so much going on.

BTW, I just added a section that has wing specials for Milwaukee and SE WI. Only Monday is done so far. Obviously it won't help people on here unless you are visiting, but I figured I'd bring it up.

Oh, and we're shooting our next video tomorrow. Gonna do it real big.

Purestock240
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
what kind of prices do most places charge for wings in the states? up here most places are 75 cents to a dollar, local place is 25 cents a wing tuesday nights though

exitspeed
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
On nights where there are specials, they are usually $.25-$.50. Otherwise typcial prices are like $5-$7 half dozen roughly.

MikeisNissan
06-16-2011, 04:55 PM
YouTube - &#x202a;The Looney Tunes Show Merrie Melodies - Chicken Hawk&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9fR1JE8t4)

WISH ONE
06-16-2011, 05:07 PM
I love this! Wings have been my latest passion.

exitspeed
06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Tons of updates on the site.

We should have another new video out and a review for a place called Off The Clock. The video is really starting to shape into a good show I think. At least it's heading in the right direction.

We just covered the First Annual Brew City Wingfest here in Milwaukee. We sponsored the event and did the official video, gave away t-shirts, and stickers and had seriously awesome time. The event was killer. Keep an eye out for a teaser vid soon and the full vid down the road.

Also, I installed a new commenting system so commenting on the site is really easy. you can log in with FB, Google, etc etc.

And last but now least, my Ghost Pepper plant is FINALLY starting to grow peppers...er a pepper.

Ghost Pepper Plant Update #1 - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/06/ghost-pepper-plant-update-1/)

exitspeed
07-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Here's a teaser vid for the video we shot last week. Full video should be done soon.

Brew City Wingfest Teaser Vid! - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/07/bres-city-wingfest-teaser-vid/)
5kzCb6hnJ7U?hd=1

exitspeed
08-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Here's another video review from a place called Off The Clock here in Milwaukee.

Let me know what you guys think.

Off the Clock Bar & Grill - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews, News, and Recipes (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/08/off-the-clock-bar-grill/)
Czbw4Lyuud4

projects
08-10-2011, 08:30 PM
if you ever venture to NZ there's a place within the NZ car scene most people know about called Wongs kitchen. have to try it out.

GOOD EATS #2: WELCOME TO WONG’S. | Frank Liew's Blog | Hypebeast (http://hypebeast.com/blog/frankliew/2010/03/welcome-to-wongs/)

exitspeed
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Damn those look like some yummy wings. Thanks for the tip.

exitspeed
09-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Finally got our business cards.

the fingerprint and sauce it glossy as well as all the text on front and back. The black part of the logo on the back is not so it gives it a nice 3 dimensional effect. In person they look fantastic.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6199/6104477940_b6eee31e00_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6077/6104478252_24e7eaa762_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6193/6104478780_e394489b3c_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6187/6104479130_2e642c3c28_b.jpg

Future240
09-01-2011, 08:34 PM
That is an awesome design! The finger print is a nice touch.

axiomatik
09-02-2011, 09:15 AM
time to steal someone's fingerprints....

exitspeed
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
time to steal someone's fingerprints....

Hahaha, I'm not worried about it. It's just my left thumb print.

exitspeed
11-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Here's anew video from the First annual Brew City Wingfest that was held here in June. Shit was a blast. Can't wait til next year.

lW6ZOJ0s9-o

240o'clock
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Nothings better then Buffalo Wild Wings in Socal

omgRWDgoodness!
11-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Shit was a blast.
I'm sure it did...I mean, was.

Farzam
11-09-2011, 04:02 AM
Making me want to eat some wings...f you.

Right by my house is an awesome wing spot called Lynnwood Grille...Monday night 35 cent wings, $3 imports, like 30 tv's in that mofo...can't beat it

WISH ONE
11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Nothings better then Buffalo Wild Wings in Socal

As much as I love buffalo wild wings. there are better places.

S14DB
11-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Finally got a DD and went to B3W. Did their "blazin challenge." Least the waitress going to get the stopwatch gave some time for them to cool off. The temperature of them was worse(hotter) than the sauce. Did finished them in 3/6 minutes. The no wiping thing kind of pissed me off because about 15mins after I finished them my lips were on fire like they had been pepper sprayed. Other challenges I have done let you wipe but you had to leave the wipe open to show you weren't hiding food.

I wasn't impressed with the sauce. It was more chemical than natural heat. Have gone back and have enjoyed their other sauces. But, there are a lot better quality "extreme" sauces out there, even from chains.
Quaker State's for example was a much more enjoyable sauce. You can taste the different peppers in it. Not washed out by the overpowering extracts.

One local place I go to has always grilled their wings after saucing them. Now some other places have started doing it and claiming they have always had them. Is this popular all over?

exitspeed
11-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah Blazin sauce is terrible. Lile you said, you can taste the chemicals, which I assume is pure capsaicin extract. The color of the sauce makes it less then enjoyable too.

Saucing then grilling has been around for a while around here. There's quite a few places that have been doing it like that forever. I used to be a really saucy, wet kinda wing guy until a couple places around here that sauce then grill have changed my mind. I actually prefer it that way now. Something about it makes the flavor more complex and less one note.

Mmmmm, I need some wings. Haven't had any in a couple weeks.

Future240
11-29-2011, 08:57 PM

This.

I need to find a wing place here in GA. One of the downsides of being in the south is that 95% of restaurants are chains. I don't know of any independent wing places with wings that wow me. That wing nuts place I reviewed is good n all but the wings aren't the kind that just make me go wow.

I need to spend sometime searching for wings places.

exitspeed
11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
This.

I need to find a wing place here in GA. One of the downsides of being in the south is that 95% of restaurants are chains. I don't know of any independent wing places with wings that wow me. That wing nuts place I reviewed is good n all but the wings aren't the kind that just make me go wow.

Sounds like you need to take a trip up to Milwaukee. We have more awesome wing places then I can count.

ronmcdon
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
This.

Here are some that might interest you:
Wingin' It Atlanta | Atlanta Cuisine (http://www.atlantacuisine.com/2011/09/wingin-it/)

S14DB
12-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah Blazin sauce is terrible. Lile you said, you can taste the chemicals, which I assume is pure capsaicin extract. The color of the sauce makes it less then enjoyable too.
I guess I am lucky they sat us at a dark table that night. I troubles me how their "premier" sauce is so shitty. I like some of their other sauces like the Asian Zinger.
Saucing then grilling has been around for a while around here. There's quite a few places that have been doing it like that forever. I used to be a really saucy, wet kinda wing guy until a couple places around here that sauce then grill have changed my mind. I actually prefer it that way now. Something about it makes the flavor more complex and less one note.
The grilling will bring out more flavors in the natural sauces. Sort of like grilling/roasting whole Peppers and Chillies.
I Know the feeling. The Coupons book came in the mail/paper and the ads had me drooling.

exitspeed
12-02-2011, 04:06 PM
BW3's Spicy Garlic Sauce is STILL my favorite sauce of any place I've ever been to as far as a straight Buffalo goes. It's just so damn right to me.

Oh and just a heads up...the website will have a BRAND new look very soon. Complete with a NEW LOGO, more personality, and a rating system that you'll be able to see what we've rated a place very quickly and what our favorite places are! I'm super pumped about the new look. I've been working on it feverishly. It'll launch sometime before the 1st of the year!

exitspeed
01-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Hey guys! Just wanted to give an update. We've been working hard on a whole new site update and we went live last night. Check it out when you get a chance. Now there's a real rating system and the About Us page has profiles about each of us. Also a new logo too!

aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews, News, and Recipes | Your Source for All Things Chicken Wings (http://www.awingthing.com/)

S14DB
03-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Here's the article about my Ghost Pepper plant.

Growing Ghost Chili Peppers - aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News | aWingThing.Com - Wing Reviews and News (http://www.awingthing.com/2011/04/growing-ghost-chili-peppers/)

Here's what it looks like as of now.
http://www.awingthing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_0262.jpg

How is this thing coming along? I just planted some Coyame, Tequila Sunrise, Kung Pao, Anaheim, Jalapeno, Hungarian Wax and Cayenne peppers. Still waiting on my Naga Viper, Bhut Jolokia and Trinidad scorpion seeds.

Future240
03-28-2012, 11:53 PM
^^^Where might one find these seeds?

exitspeed
06-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Update. New video of Summerfest 2011 where we went looking for the best wing.

4xep-piawAY?hd=1

1on1
06-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Great video!

Right when I was craving for a Carne Asada burrito, you post this. I want wings now!

LEG1T
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
I like what you are doing here...

Keep up the good work!

word sux
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
If you want some of the best wings you will ever taste come to the horse & sulky pub

Ask for the kickin mustard wings, they might not be one menu... the sauce is my recipe and if I am their I will make it on the spot for you (if I am not their you won't get any). I make the sauce from scratch, its a mustard base BBQ sauce so it won't be fast. But it will knock your socks off!

exitspeed
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM
If you want some of the best wings you will ever taste come to the horse & sulky pub

Ask for the kickin mustard wings, they might not be one menu... the sauce is my recipe and if I am their I will make it on the spot for you (if I am not their you won't get any). I make the sauce from scratch, its a mustard base BBQ sauce so it won't be fast. But it will knock your socks off!

You location of "earth" doesn't help me out on location. :angel:

word sux
06-25-2012, 06:54 PM
You location of "earth" doesn't help me out on location. :angel:

haha sorry

the horse and sulky pub and grill, campbell hall, NY

I cook there part time so if I am not there you are shit out of luck

Flicktitty
06-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Good stuff as always Mel, if you need someone to come out and eat sometime let me know.

exitspeed
06-26-2012, 06:16 AM
haha sorry

the horse and sulky pub and grill, campbell hall, NY

I cook there part time so if I am not there you are shit out of luck

Cool. Looks like you're about an hr and a half from Manhattan.

Good stuff as always Mel, if you need someone to come out and eat sometime let me know.

Yeah, I'll let you know. We're due to go out for a review soon.

exitspeed
01-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Figured I'd post this here. Just finished up the video from last years Wingfest (yeah it took a long time), but it turned out great.

This event was sold out at the Harley Museum and 2013 is going to be even better!

I think I'm getting better at the whole hosting thing.

Dio5FeTsn20

Future240
01-15-2013, 03:31 PM
That looks like it would be one of the greatest days ever.

exitspeed
01-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Yea, it's an awesome event. Doing the whole hosting and video directing thing while also over seeing all my staff makes the day quite hectic for me, but it's worth it and still a good time.

TougeLove
01-15-2013, 05:14 PM
I laughed when she said Dicks was a dry rub..... :D

Cool Video. Good Job.

exitspeed
01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I laughed when she said Dicks was a dry rub..... :D

Cool Video. Good Job.

hahaha, good find!

Flicktitty
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm hoping to make it to WingFest 2013!

exitspeed
01-15-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm hoping to make it to WingFest 2013!

You and Liz better! Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

TougeLove
01-16-2013, 09:51 PM
so I got inspired, and hungry, and went to "Dirty Birds". I checked it out online and its a local place (5 blocks away) that was rated #10 in America.

I had margarita and their special sauce and was blown away. Great atmosphere and even better wings and flavors.

Dirty Birds in Pacific Beach (http://www.dirtybirdspb.com/)

exitspeed
01-17-2013, 05:23 AM
so I got inspired, and hungry, and went to "Dirty Birds". I checked it out online and its a local place (5 blocks away) that was rated #10 in America.

I had margarita and their special sauce and was blown away. Great atmosphere and even better wings and flavors.

Dirty Birds in Pacific Beach (http://www.dirtybirdspb.com/)

Nice. And they have half off wings every day from 3-6. That's pretty rad.

TougeLove
01-17-2013, 11:11 AM
YEA!!!! i went on tuesday when it was half off all night which made it even better. I recommend it if you ever vacation in San Diego.

exitspeed
06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Thought you guys would enjoy this.

Brian Kramp's Blogs: Kramp Cast: Ain't nothing but "A Wing Thing" baby! (http://www.onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/authors/briankramp/awingthing.html)

Yesterday we did an interview with the biggest Milwaukee Website and one of the biggest local personalities about aWingThing. I HIGHLY recommend listening to the end for my "drooling on ma' dick" story. haahha