PDA

View Full Version : sr20det redtop to s14a auto

speeddreamz
06-09-2003, 10:47 PM
I am considering buying a s14a to replace my s13 as it is going to be retired. I have already put a sr20red top into my 91 s13. I would like to put that motor in an s14a. Most of the cars i've seen are auto, so I'd like to do a manual swap

here are my concerns:

1. how does s13 redtop/s13 chasis wiring go with a s14a?
2. will the manual tranny bolt up to the s14a auto drive shaft?oris there other parts needed?
I am concerned because i saw this article:

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/artman/publish/article_188.shtml

3. Guage cluster concerns?
4. Guage cluster/wiring working with s13 sr20det ecu etc?
5. Avalibility of parts i.e pedals , center piece etc.
6. will the slave cylinder/master cylinder/lines/pedal and all that stuff work from the s13 ?

Fibercus
06-10-2003, 02:10 AM
So far I have read the auto / manual driveshafts were different, even in USDM

I have an Auto S14a and am swapping in a redtop, looking for an answer to the same question :confused:

EDIT: bacially do auto / manual use the same driveshafts? if we do have to get new ones can always use the USDM ones ofcourse im sure I wont have a problem finding some in Sun valley, (CA)

gsracer
06-10-2003, 01:16 PM
i just finished converting my 95 auto s14 to stick yesterday , i can tell you there are a lot of parts that you dont need that are listed in some of those FAQ's . However the drive shaft is one of those things that you WILL need to change, i also have lots of spare s14 parts if you need anything. 3 parts cars. Let me know if you need any help or tech info.:axe:

drift freaq
06-10-2003, 01:57 PM
guys you need to search on this site . There is a auto to 5 speed swap faq in our Faq section. As far as putting in the redtop SR in the S14 it can be done and has been done. its a wiring thing and you should have a shop that has done it do it for you. Unless of course you are joe wireman and feel you can tackle it.

Fibercus
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by drift freaq
guys you need to search on this site . There is a auto to 5 speed swap faq in our Faq section. As far as putting in the redtop SR in the S14 it can be done and has been done. its a wiring thing and you should have a shop that has done it do it for you. Unless of course you are joe wireman and feel you can tackle it.

is the faq an auto ka to manual SR? or would the same rules apply regardless of sr/ka

i alway search before i post, still confused

speeddreamz
06-11-2003, 12:34 AM
me too i always search, maybe im not typing in the right keywords, but i tired about 10 diff searches, they all kept going of topic or dont provide just that one little bit of info that i need. my appologies for not locating the faq...