PDA

View Full Version : front camber plates???

poshatch
01-29-2010, 01:47 PM
hey all so ive decided im going to upgrade my current coilovers to something that is much better

currently running tein HE Winding Master coilovers and im consittering 2 different coilovers:

Power By Max
DMAX

in that order

been doing research and they all seem really good, im favoring the power by max because they are super stiff, great company, like their replacement policy, and hear nothing but great things from them

DMAX coilovers im favoring because of the same reasons, i dig the camber plates they have they look like they get some INSANE camber. i dont like how the fronts are inverted monotube and you have to dampen them from the bottom

my current problem with these coilovers is: 1. they are maxed out and dont get low enough for me and 2. i am maxed out in front camber and it isnt clearing my fenders like it should i can only run 2.5 degrees of camber

sooooooo

i need to know if the PBM camber plates will be comperable to the dmax in camber

thanks everybody!

Slide~or~die
01-31-2010, 03:00 PM
sense no oone has said anything ill chim in...

I have pbm coils but have yet adjusted them for camber specs and all, but camber plates r camber plates, they can only have so much room for adjustment, from one company to the next idk if they will have more adjustment.

with that being said, u can invest in FLCA(front lower control arms) which and further allow u to run more camber!

The gold coupe thats on pbm's site runs BV FLCAs and he runs alot more than 2.5 degrees of camber in the front...

My .02 and PBM coils r great btw!

fliprayzin240sx
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Also, its not just the camber plates that can help you with camber. Some brand coilovers have slotted mounting brackets that can give you more camber to start with, before you even mess around with the plates.

msanchez
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
i had HE's and the bottom mounts were already slotted.. idk if theyre made like that or the previous owner did it..

Regardless, my HE's had more camber adjustment than the shock tower allowed for (the allen nuts would hit the rim of the shock tower a half inch before the camber slot was maxxed. Just something to think about..

projectRDM
01-31-2010, 06:09 PM
i had HE's and the bottom mounts were already slotted.. idk if theyre made like that or the previous owner did it..

Regardless, my HE's had more camber adjustment than the shock tower allowed for (the allen nuts would hit the rim of the shock tower a half inch before the camber slot was maxxed. Just something to think about..

You do realize you can relocate the allen bolts to other holes, right? That gives you space to move the plate fully to either side of the slot.

AE_Racer
01-31-2010, 07:23 PM
the dmax's are going to get alot more camber up front than pbm because they have the slotted upper mounting hole in the bottom shock mount. do some more research dont base your coils on camber adjustment, there are plenty of threads covering both coils