PDA

View Full Version : Playstation, its serious business...

Gnnr
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Italian teen stabs father in PlayStation row
Italian teen stabs father in PlayStation row - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_italy_stabbing)

Mon Jan 25, 12:23 pm ET

ROME (Reuters) – An Italian man who argued with his son over Sony PlayStation tactics was recovering in hospital on Monday after the teenager stabbed him in the neck with a 15-inch kitchen knife, police and hospital officials said.

The man, identified as Fabrizio R., suffered a deep cut to the throat after his 16-year-old son, Mario, attacked him during an argument on Sunday over the soccer video game FIFA 2009.

Police said the argument broke out when the 46-year-old storekeeper offered his son advice on tactics to improve his play, and then turned the television off in response to his son's behavior.

Fetching a knife from the kitchen, Mario stabbed his father in the neck before returning to clean the weapon at the kitchen sink in front of his mother and leaving it to dry on the draining-board. Forty-six year-old housewife Monica B,. told Italian daily Il Corriere della Sera that she had no idea what had happened until her husband stumbled into the room, clutching his throat.

"I saw Mario come back into the room, he seemed calm, he went to the sink and I noticed him washing a knife," Monica told the newspaper. "Then my husband came into the room with a hand round his neck, dripping blood."

The teenager shut himself in his bedroom after the attack and made no attempt to resist arrest, police said.

The game had been given to Mario a few days earlier, as a birthday present.

"Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games," his mother told Il Corriere.

Note to self: keep sharp objects locked when playing video games....

Okinawandrifter87
01-26-2010, 12:27 PM
wow.. i dont know where to begin..

DrftSLowHomIe!!
01-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Imagine if he had Fifa 2010, i dont even want to think about it lol
:axe::axe::axe::axe::rl::rl:

Ares240SX
01-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Fucking kids these days, attacking and killing their parents over their damn video games. Not the first time this has been in the news.

mRclARK1
01-26-2010, 02:04 PM
The kid is 16? His actions after the attack clearly demonstrate he was aware of what he had done...

That's a kid just waiting to assault someone else who isn't likely to forgive them cause they love him. Best predictor of future violence is past violence, especially when it's brutal and instrumental over minor things... Like a damn video game. That kid is on a bad road...

Watch your back when you play video games I guess. haha

blasting_speed
01-26-2010, 04:00 PM
This kid is going to be a great member of society.

HyperTek
01-26-2010, 04:01 PM
i know alot of people from my generation came out ok, but younger people just cant live without material things.. dammm... if you dont give your son a freaking cell phone, than hes left out etc.. fuck mannn!!

Soup Nazi
01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Italians and soccer are serious business

mrmephistopheles
01-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Should've gotten him GTA IV so he could act out all his violent desires in a safe environment.

Was anyone else laughing at the irony of buying a nonviolent game for a kid who ended up committing an act of violence anyway?

IHasLongTorso
01-26-2010, 08:29 PM
^^^Yeah that and the "imagine if it was fifa 2010" lol so fucking great.

wangan_cruiser
01-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Fucking kids these days, attacking and killing their parents over their damn video games.

its poor parental guidance.

kids these days are fucking lucky to have all this equipment to enjoy.

back when i was a kid i build toy trucks from wood and using worn old sandals as the wheels with a wooden axle. yes fucking classic.

Touge Noob S13
01-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Soccer fans make American football fans look like little girls.

dahveed
01-26-2010, 11:38 PM
haha. I thought the stabbing would have stemmed from actually PLAYING the game together and the kid losing or something. lol. Kinda sorta but not really like my dad, all he does after work is play FIFA10 :| ... I challenged him like a week ago, and kicked his ass haha. He just got butthurt and turned the PS3 off after the 3rd match, and went upstairs lol. Good thing I didnt get shanked

Future240
01-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Should've gotten him GTA IV so he could act out all his violent desires in a safe environment.

Was anyone else laughing at the irony of buying a nonviolent game for a kid who ended up committing an act of violence anyway?

I was going to post something very similar to this.

Anyways, kid obviously has problems. Better it surface now and without a more serious crime.

ZilviaKid
01-27-2010, 07:51 AM
the father had it coming for sure.

what kind of asshole turns off a tv mid game?

mrmephistopheles
01-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Obvious troll... is obvious.

Bubbles
01-27-2010, 11:12 AM

Step in front of my tv..........you get knifed.

Rules of the street.

Dirty Habit
01-27-2010, 03:11 PM
This is why you dont fuck with italians.

Esp when soccer is involved.

driftsilvias13
01-27-2010, 04:31 PM
This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

bardabe
01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
This is why you dont fuck with italians.

Esp when soccer is involved.

lol you mother fucker, and I thought Mexican's where bad.

wgJoY
01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Wasn't there a kid that murdered his parents over Halo or something?

Kids are crazy.