PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck...

speedgod^s13
01-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Turned in my application to become a police officer yesterday!!! Hopefully this year will be the year that I start my career, in the field that i've wanted be in for the longest time.

I LUV MY S13
01-25-2010, 04:41 AM
idk if this will get locked, but good luck anyways brah

ronmcdon
01-25-2010, 05:23 AM
good luck, that's not easy at all.
seems like the PD's are always looking for saints
(no criminal record, clean driving record, no drug abuse, perfect credit, etc)

I LUV MY S13
01-25-2010, 05:26 AM
^^^damn credit too?

oh yeah experience helps

ThatGuy
01-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Hawaii Five-0? :rawk:
http://www.britamtvdvd.com/HawaiiFiveOS1.jpg

Good luck!!

tricky_ab
01-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Good luck with it!

lawrenceyang
01-25-2010, 11:16 AM
hopefully you can be a super trooper type cop ;D
good luck !

Flicktitty
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Best of luck.

Iron_Zenki
01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Hope you can influence other PO PO's to be kinder :]

speedgod^s13
01-25-2010, 04:40 PM
good luck, that's not easy at all.
seems like the PD's are always looking for saints
(no criminal record, clean driving record, no drug abuse, perfect credit, etc)

I don't know about other police departments, but here in Honolulu, the requirements aren't that bad. They do have a zero tolerance policy for domestic abuse though. Besides that, you can't have a DWI within the past 5 years or so? I'm the first to say, that my record isn't the cleanest. Mostly stupid racing stuff I did, when I was young and immature. I hope they can overlook that, considering i'm was 17-18 at the time. Yes, they do look at your credit, because if you have bad credit, it shows a risk factor. If you aren't paying your bills, you are probably in need of money, and giving a gun and badge to a person who needs money, isn't a good idea. If this doesn't get locked, i'll keep updating.

treezzy
01-25-2010, 04:53 PM
good luck... but dont make me pop my hood if you ever pull me over hahaa

ronmcdon
01-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't know about other police departments, but here in Honolulu, the requirements aren't that bad. They do have a zero tolerance policy for domestic abuse though. Besides that, you can't have a DWI within the past 5 years or so? I'm the first to say, that my record isn't the cleanest. Mostly stupid racing stuff I did, when I was young and immature. I hope they can overlook that, considering i'm was 17-18 at the time. Yes, they do look at your credit, because if you have bad credit, it shows a risk factor. If you aren't paying your bills, you are probably in need of money, and giving a gun and badge to a person who needs money, isn't a good idea. If this doesn't get locked, i'll keep updating.

Well, that was generally the case when I applied to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept when I was the about same age as yourself.
I'm sure there are differences among regions.

I think what got me, was my driving record.
I never had any dui's, but had my embarassing share of auto accidents & moving violations.

I think the interviews are also very important.
I just answered to do the legal thing, but bs it in a plausible manner.
i.e. - your best friend is beating his wife.
do you bust him or look the other way.
Of course you should say you bust him, but say that you have faith the law would treat him fairly and protect his interests in the long run, etc.

The preliminary academic tests are a damn joke though.
you're are tested essentially elementary school level math, comprehension, grammar, & vocabulary.
horrifically enough, about half the applicants failed that test.

ThatGuy
01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
good luck... but dont make me pop my hood if you ever pull me over hahaa

If you drive your car to his jurisdiction, there will be bigger problems under your hood then whether or not you have an SR. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

speedgod^s13
01-25-2010, 10:12 PM
If you drive your car to his jurisdiction, there will be bigger problems under your hood then whether or not you have an SR. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

LOL. I didn't know hovercrafts had hoods. :rofl:

ericcastro
01-26-2010, 12:32 AM
LOL. I didn't know hovercrafts had hoods. :rofl:
http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/starwars%20002%20%28Small%29.jpg
cant tell if its a hood or striping.

DUFFM4N
01-26-2010, 12:35 AM
^thats one SWEET car bed :P

Xbroke_kidX
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
^ For the sake of this thread lets jsut say its a hood Lol.
All jokes aside good luck!!

Element_on_20s
01-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Good luck! I'm applying soon to different branches around here soon too.

speedgod^s13
08-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Just wanted to give an update: I was eliminated from the hiring pool, because of my reconstruction tickets. In Hawaii, if you externally mod your car in anyway, you have to get inspected for recon. If you don't get recon, you will get tagged with a non moving violation ticket. I know that I shouldn't be getting pulled over for ANYTHING, being that i'm trying to be a cop. (I know someone is going to say something about it, and I expect/deserve it). I just didn't think that it would be the recon tickets, that would have done me in. I was completely honest about my past, and there are far worse things, that I can see myself getting disqualified for. I now have to wait 3 years to reapply, because it goes from the last time you get a citation. I'm now thinking about going back to school, and getting a bachelor's in criminal justice, to try to pursue a Federal law enforcement job. I'm still confused at what i'm going to do now.

SaskJames
08-20-2010, 01:08 PM
hmm..I have a totally clean record, not so much as a parking ticket, and nothing's hurt my credit so far..how's the fitness testing?

speedgod^s13
08-20-2010, 01:13 PM
hmm..I have a totally clean record, not so much as a parking ticket, and nothing's hurt my credit so far..how's the fitness testing?

I wouldn't know, because I didn't get that far. But, seeing some of the fat rookies out on the streets, I can't imagine that it's that hard to pass. I mean I see these guys, and i'm like :wtf:

SaskJames
08-20-2010, 02:15 PM
sweet..cops here make 40k/year starting and up to 110k/year.

TougeLove
08-20-2010, 02:39 PM
if you don't have a family its not a bad career. my buddy is chp and made close to 100k after his first year with all the overtime. he works insane hours though. sometimes 18 hour shifts but its pretty chill once you get 5-10 years in. you can kinda go where you want to if you have a good record. my other friend is now with swat and gets his own car.

the only thing that gets me is that some idiot can waste you for pulling him over. you never know who has two strikes or is hiding something that doesnt want to be found. crazyness.

J3123MY
08-20-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm sorry that you were eliminated. But maybe it was a good thing. Why do you want to become a cop in the first place anyway?

K_style
08-20-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry that you were eliminated. But maybe it was a good thing. Why do you want to become a cop in the first place anyway?

To become a legit good cop ?

Pension after retirement ?

speedgod^s13
08-20-2010, 03:41 PM
When I was young, I used to hate police officers. I used to get pulled over ALL the time. As I grew older, I realized that it wasn't their fault. It was mines. Sure, i've run into way more uncool cops, but they are still doing their jobs, so I started thinking. It's a cool job, you get to drive around, you never know what to expect, so the job stays interesting. The pay is decent (4,500 a month). On top of that, i've been in the security field for over 7 years, so i've learned a lot about law enforcement, talking to cops, etc. Pretty much all of them liked their jobs a lot, which says something about the occupation. Anyhow, Maui pd is hiring, so I may try over there. They don't have recon like they do on Oahu, so maybe they won't frown down upon my tickets that bad.

theicecreamdan
08-20-2010, 05:21 PM
If that's what you really want to do, spend these three years doing something productive in terms of your goals.

I have a friend who wants to be a cop. Apparently local agencies aren't hiring ANY recruits right now, so he's going to Police academy on his own money.

touge monster
08-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Good luck man... It's a long and tiring process.. Don't know how Hawaii is, but I'm in the background process with LASD.. waiting, waiting, and waiting. Get used to it.

crazymuppit
08-20-2010, 06:11 PM
fuck the police

speedgod^s13
08-21-2010, 02:18 AM
fuck the police

You have the right to your opinion, but stay out of my thread with your immature comments. If you are truly 40 years old, you seriously need to grow the fuck up.

90white240
08-21-2010, 02:43 AM
fuck the police

His opinion sucks ass:cj:, just don't give up, and one day you be riding in one of those fancy looking cars, or bikes I don't know what they have over there.

K_style
08-21-2010, 04:52 PM
fuck the police

wtf ???????

SochBAT
08-21-2010, 06:15 PM
FUCK THE POLICE!

You say that when you're an offender. Fucktards.

I know a few cops, they love the job. One of my old friend's dad is still a cop for LAPD. He always used to talk shit about the local cops because they have dickshit to do. I like the guy, he's down to earth, he's real, and he admitted "beating up criminals is good exercise AND its fun. Its better than the gym."

Sad to hear you got eliminated, but as the saying goes, a door doesn't close without a window opening.

VIPCefiro
09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Got a bunch of friends in the HPD, some were former fellow car modders. I know for sure they got recon tickets before so unless your past was ridiculously littered with recon i think there's other reasons. Can't say being a cop in Hawaii is 100% a walk in the park. Pay isn't exactly spectacular, I'd say the military has a better payscale. Where you make your money is in special duty and overtime, which is currently under investigation and being cutback due to abuse. I gotta admit that every time that I did get pulled over I was doing something wrong, but that doesn't mean I don't hate the recon laws here. Sorry to hear that you got eliminated, would have been nice to have another cop that 'understands' where we're coming from.

Tokona-x
09-13-2010, 10:18 PM
wtf ???????

some people just dont like cops mang

speedgod^s13
09-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Got a bunch of friends in the HPD, some were former fellow car modders. I know for sure they got recon tickets before so unless your past was ridiculously littered with recon i think there's other reasons. Can't say being a cop in Hawaii is 100% a walk in the park. Pay isn't exactly spectacular, I'd say the military has a better payscale. Where you make your money is in special duty and overtime, which is currently under investigation and being cutback due to abuse. I gotta admit that every time that I did get pulled over I was doing something wrong, but that doesn't mean I don't hate the recon laws here. Sorry to hear that you got eliminated, would have been nice to have another cop that 'understands' where we're coming from.

Put it this way, my full abstract is 35 pages long. That's all my violations, including non moving ones. I'm scheduled to go get inspected for recon in November, so hopefully in 3 years, when I reapply i'll be working with a cleaner slate. The military isn't an option for me, because I can't be away from home, since i'm taking care of my mom. I'm just going to take the time that HPD has told me not to apply, and use it to get rid of all my debt, and obligations. Yeah, I wouldn't be the typical cop, since i've been there, and done that. They don't look at that way though. Nothing to do, but keep my head up, and try again.

SochBAT
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Put it this way, my full abstract is 35 pages long. That's all my violations, including non moving ones. I'm scheduled to go get inspected for recon in November, so hopefully in 3 years, when I reapply i'll be working with a cleaner slate. The military isn't an option for me, because I can't be away from home, since i'm taking care of my mom. I'm just going to take the time that HPD has told me not to apply, and use it to get rid of all my debt, and obligations. Yeah, I wouldn't be the typical cop, since i've been there, and done that. They don't look at that way though. Nothing to do, but keep my head up, and try again.

I love your optimism. HighFive my man.

speedgod^s13
09-16-2010, 04:58 PM
I love your optimism. HighFive my man.

I guess when you want something bad enough, you HAVE to be optimistic. *HighFive*