PDA

View Full Version : S13 coupe coilovers

240goslide
01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
whats up guys i have a 89 240sx coupe. just wondering if you think these spring rates might be to harsh on my chassis. im 100% going to get stance coilovers but look and see if these are to rough on the car.
just looking at your guys thoughts.

Stance Coilovers - GR+ Pro SS-D - THMotorsports - Lowest Price Parts HKS Exhaust Apexi World Sport Koni Seibon Carbon Fiber ACT Exedy Clutch Skunk2 (http://thmotorsports.com/stance/stance_coilovers_gr_pro_ssd/sts13grpror/i-224519.aspx?googlebase=ST-S13-GRProR-04-1992)

Mr.James
01-23-2010, 07:45 PM
id personally go with something a little softer like 10k front, 8k rear. depends on driving conditions tho, im in the shitty northeast.

240goslide
01-23-2010, 07:55 PM
yea true. im in arizona only for the next 1.5years. then i go back to chicago. how about these spring rate?

STANCE GR+ Coilovers for Nissan 240sx (http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-sport-products/stance-gr-plus-coilovers-nissan-240sx.html)

DRIFTER-M
01-24-2010, 01:29 PM
If your car is a daily driver, 8/6 will give you more comfort and be fine for drifting (I assume this is your interest judging by your signature and screenname).

10/8 is ok, some people daily it. If the road(s) that you drive on are very new and smooth, all will be ok. This may be a bit stiff if you have crap asphalt near your house.

People make too much of a big deal about comfort, to be honest though. Way back in the day I was worried when I first rode in a car with coilovers I was going to be so uncomfortable, and to be quite honest, it did not feel much more rough than stock. Granted, it was my friends car with 7/5 K-sports, but still, I didn't get all the hype. It was not uncomfortable at all. Simply put, I think some people just blow it out of proportion. That being said, obviously 10/8 is rougher than 8/6.

Most of us rock 8/6, again, good for both daily and drifting.

D-Max = most comfy street coilover (they are also 8/6), most say.

Stance should be fine in 8/6 as well, I would imagine.

Hope that helped somewhat...

lazysk8er2
01-24-2010, 01:36 PM
i like my tiens on the roads...8/6

Z33dori
01-24-2010, 01:39 PM
just get the Gr+pro with 10/8 springs

my buddies s14 has gr+ w/ 8/6 springs, it rides really smooth
othe buddy has gr+pro 10/8 springs and they almost feel just as comfy, at full soft. They ride very superb. they handle awesome, ride smooth.... really worth every penny.

240goslide
01-24-2010, 03:32 PM
it sounds like now its a toss between 8/6 or the 10/8. i feel if i have anymore it might be to rough. like i said i live in arizona and the roads are for the most part smooth. now with that being said i am only here for the next 1.5years. and i will be returning to chicago and as we all no the roads there are a bit rough.

how do you like the 10/8s?

Slo_Slidewayz
01-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I have been daily driving my coupe on 8/6 for the last year and a half and have no complaints. I have friends who daily 10/8 setups but I dont think I would wanna do it.

8/6 is perfect for daily driving IMO

Z33dori
01-24-2010, 04:32 PM
it sounds like now its a toss between 8/6 or the 10/8. i feel if i have anymore it might be to rough. like i said i live in arizona and the roads are for the most part smooth. now with that being said i am only here for the next 1.5years. and i will be returning to chicago and as we all no the roads there are a bit rough.

how do you like the 10/8s?

i mean ohio def doesnt have the best streets, nor are they the worst either. But if you wanna take the safe route, just get the 8/6. that way you can be sure to have the smoother ride once you move back.

Maybe pm a few of the members on here from the IL area?

240goslide
01-24-2010, 04:56 PM
to me i like the feeling of a stiff suspension. everyone has there own comfort level. more than likley 8/6 will be plenty to have fun with

DRIFTER-M
01-24-2010, 06:40 PM
to me i like the feeling of a stiff suspension. everyone has there own comfort level. more than likley 8/6 will be plenty to have fun with

I am the same. I hate the sloppy loose handle characteristics that come stock, but at the same time I don't want my teeth to fall out if I run over a pebble.

I think 8/6 is wise, if you are making that decision. I think 10/8 is ok too, again I think too many people over-exaggerate, but 8/6 would probably be better for the street use.

Good luck with whatever you choose, keep us updated.

BTP
01-24-2010, 06:58 PM
PBM FTW....i think these are great for everything daily drift comp and if you want to slam your shit. i cant wait to get mine.POWERED BY MAX: è»Å*高調 Competition Coilover Suspension (http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?9)

240goslide
01-28-2010, 10:08 PM
got to check them out.... ill let you no what i think