PDA

View Full Version : starting an all mr2 shop

240Degrees
06-06-2003, 02:33 AM
Me and a couple of friends are starting an all MR2 shop because there isn't many shops dedicated to the MR2. Do you guys know any good mr2 forums? I know I'm not being very detailed about how we plan on going about doing this, but I'm a little tired right now and I'm about to go to bed. If you guys know anything about mr2s, it would be helpful. Anything about where to advertise to what kind of parts we should sell. Thanks.

P.S. - We're focusing on mainly the first gen (AW11) and second gen (SW20).

KiDyNomiTe
06-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Go to http://board.mr2faq.com They know more than us about MR2s.

240driftin[Sil80]
03-15-2007, 12:51 AM
ya im up in burbank. its so hard to find Mk1 parts right now. i especially want an exhaust right now. so thats a good item to sell. strut bars, lsd maybe, body kits, also good items to sell are like little things (accesories) like shift knobs, pedals, also like JDM or japanese things. if your shop opens and everything let me know ill make a road trip down there lol.

breakindrifts
03-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Sell 2zz engine swaps in MR-S's.
Instant Lotus Elise.
SW20 is kinda rare, good luck finding customers.

sw20>>s14
03-15-2007, 01:35 AM
www.mr2oc.com

guys are a little conservative and pansies, but theyre getting more adventurous...not to mention that the board is huge with A LOT of active members...guys there are pretty cool and respectful...

FaLKoN240
03-15-2007, 01:40 AM
My friend got his car done at a pretty much all MR2 shop.

The guy's name is Su, he's a NorCal MR2 Guru apparently. He did an NA to Turbo swap BY HIMSELF. Pretty savage. He operates and works in the shop by himself. Definately a guy to talk to, get on MR2OC.

wootwoot
03-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Sell 2zz engine swaps in MR-S's.
Instant Lotus Elise.
SW20 is kinda rare, good luck finding customers.

Or you could swap a good motor in there instead of the torqueless wonder :naughtyd:

k series motor swap! or even just turbo kits

But um....Having an MR2 shop seems like a bad idea.....How many people actually have MR2's??? It'd be like owning a 240sx shop, terrrrrrrible idea. All the motherfuckers are sooo cheap.

smart thing to do is to open a SMOG shop/regular repair shop. Then do performance work as well.

Cam B
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
We need a shop that knows MR2's over on the North East... my friend has an MK1 and last time he brought it to the shop.. they opened the hood and scratched there heads for a couple minutes till we told them it was a mid-engine... But at that point, we took the keys back and left. We've tried some others shops.. but the car always comes back even worse..

Gumballf355
03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
My friend got his car done at a pretty much all MR2 shop.

The guy's name is Su, he's a NorCal MR2 Guru apparently. He did an NA to Turbo swap BY HIMSELF. Pretty savage. He operates and works in the shop by himself. Definately a guy to talk to, get on MR2OC.
I vouch for Su aswell... he's a very knowlegable local.

silverarrow27
03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
www.mr2oc.com

guys are a little conservative and pansies, but theyre getting more adventurous...not to mention that the board is huge with A LOT of active members...guys there are pretty cool and respectful...

mr2oc.com is the BEST! They're actually better guys than on the 240 forums.

KiDyNomiTe
03-15-2007, 03:41 PM
06-06-2003:tweak: :tweak:

ThatGuy
03-15-2007, 03:46 PM
WHY THE FUCK WAS A 4 YEAR OLD THREAD BUMPED, ABOUT A CAR THAT IS NOT INTEGRAL TO THIS BOARD, NO LESS?

:duh: :rl: = :lockd: