PDA

View Full Version : Question to any of the guys with JDM S13's

NeedCAforS13
01-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Does your backlighting on the cluster adjust? I can't get my backlights to work on my cluster when I turn the headlights on... and I don't have a dimmer switch like the USDM cars do.

I also don't have the little white box that controls this like the USDM S13's have either.

I have a RHD converted S13 that I'm running all the 180sx wiring from my front clip.

Fix for 240sx instrument panel / dash lights: 240sx Articles: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/158162)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/ishyoboimikey/Picture003.jpg

Does your JDM S13 have this box? Or a dimmer switch? Do your cluster lights work at night? WTF.

Also if you have digital climate control, why won't my blower fan shut off? Everything else works, the cluster lights up, the different modes work, and it cycles to recycled air, changes the vents, etc, just the blower motor is stuck on high as soon as I turn on the ignition.

Both of these problems were there when I started the clip in my driveway before installing the components in my chassis, so it's not an install problem, these are pre-existing conditions coming from Japan.

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks.

projectRDM
01-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Can't answer all of that, but JDM cars do NOT have a dimmer switch. At all.

NeedCAforS13
01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
That's what I've read as well on some Australian forums. Just wanted some verification, so thanks! Any ideas where to start looking as to why my cluster lights aren't working?

Also, does anyone know where to find a 180sx wiring diagram. I have the 200sx CA18DET service manual PDF, but it appears to have a dimmer switch and manual climate controls... so it doesn't really help either of my problems.

Murphy_s13
01-16-2010, 04:03 AM
I have the exact problem with my rhd s13. I am using a 92 silvia harness and it does not have a white tcu it has what i believe is a black one. I am going to try grounding the red/yellow wire behind the stereo tomorrow and see if that works. Dunno about your blower motor problem try swapping in another dcc and see if that solves it.

NeedCAforS13
01-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Yeah I'm afraid it might be the DCC. My buttons feel kinda sticky like someone dumped a drink on it. I'll try another one later in the week.

NeedCAforS13
01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Bump. Any other ideas why my fan is stuck on high?

rage
01-20-2010, 10:53 AM
have you checked the cc resistor?

its good to see youre back into an s13

NeedCAforS13
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Is the CC resistor the plug on the side of the heater?

Because from the DCC install post, it appears that the JDM is on right, USDM on left.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9696/dsc01092sv8.jpg

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/154426-how-s13-jdm-digital-climate-control.html

My 180sx has the one on the left with the holes? Maybe I just need the Kouki JDM one on the right? Won't a Q45 one work as well? Could this be causing my problem?

And thanks :) I'm really happy with how this thing is turning out, it's just the few dumb little things that are pissing me off! I wish I had a JDM wiring schematic. I have the UK 200sx one, but it's not the same.

NeedCAforS13
02-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Just as an update, I got the Q45 blower motor speed controller out of a Q in the junkyard, and now my fan works correctly. Not sure why my 180sx came with the wrong piece. Weird.

I also couldn't figure out my cluster lighting problems, so I just ran a switched ignition-on wire directly to the illumination wire on the back of the cluster, and now everything works fine. My cluster lights are just always on when the key is on, which is OK with me :)

adey
05-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Just as an update, I got the Q45 blower motor speed controller out of a Q in the junkyard, and now my fan works correctly. Not sure why my 180sx came with the wrong piece. Weird.

I also couldn't figure out my cluster lighting problems, so I just ran a switched ignition-on wire directly to the illumination wire on the back of the cluster, and now everything works fine. My cluster lights are just always on when the key is on, which is OK with me :)

Was looking for info on dimmer switches in JDM RPS13s, which I found above - no dimmers for me. Weep. (Am trying to get my new Blitz SD temp gauge to dim... it's so darned bright...)
Anyway, did/does your ash tray light work? You could use that signal, if necessary. That is controlled by the parking lights. Just for the record.

kruked
06-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Was looking for info on dimmer switches in JDM RPS13s, which I found above - no dimmers for me. Weep. (Am trying to get my new Blitz SD temp gauge to dim... it's so darned bright...)
Anyway, did/does your ash tray light work? You could use that signal, if necessary. That is controlled by the parking lights. Just for the record.

You are replying to a 4 year old thread brother.