PDA

View Full Version : I NEED THIS - first person shooter..thing..video gaaames

JBao
01-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Microvision to develop micro projector based shooter video game | Micro Projector News & Reviews (http://micro-projector.com/2010/01/microvision-to-develop-micro-projector-based-shooter-video-game/)

are you kidding me? this looks RAD.

exitspeed
01-11-2010, 10:55 AM
A little too late. Natal is not even a year away.

1on1
01-11-2010, 10:58 AM
that's crazy...if anything you would need a full room to do a 360.

zenki.life
01-11-2010, 12:30 PM
that's crazy...if anything you would need a full room to do a 360.

yea thats what i was thinking. the sheet wouldnt do it for me. i could see a large 360 degree circular room for this being made for "real" gamers. interesting idea. idk if it will work out tho.

the one problem i see is the relatively small field of vision. this i think would make the game hard to use and unrealistic. all my opinions. cool idea

BustedS13
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
A little too late. Natal is not even a year away.

did you watch the vid? this has nothing to do with that. this is some crazy concept shit that may some day make an interesting game/toy. Natal is some gimmick shit that MS slapped together when they saw Wii's sales numbers.

1on1
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
i remember i've seen a cyber cafe online that used a projector for cs1.6. i cant find the link anymore but that was pretty crazy.

zenki.life
01-11-2010, 12:51 PM
i remember i've seen a cyber cafe online that used a projector for cs1.6. i cant find the link anymore but that was pretty crazy.

projector for 1.6?

how would that work. if your talking about just projecting the computer image in a huge format onto a wall? that is different than what this is. no flaming just curious

kandyflip445
01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Thats pretty damn cool. You would need a full room to really play though. I wonder if they've thought to put something like a proximity sensor into the gun stock to make it auto zoom when you look through the scope. Would be pretty cool.

HyperTek
01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
like kids pretending to play in a rock band instead of starting one.. oh wait lol

NismoDriverS13
01-11-2010, 05:22 PM
^^HAHAHA!!

the military had this stuff for a long time already.......

imo if u have to hold a gun to pretend shoot at a wall for video gaming fun, u might as well buy urself an airsoft gun, call some friends over to a airsoft park and shoot the shit out of each other. video games are the thing that make ppl stay home for weeks held up hostage and get fat and no exercise.

One of my friends has a airsoft shop in costa mesa called Stryke Airsoft (also on the interweb) and we get bunch of ppl come out and play some tactical shit in different places. check it out. everyone is doing it!!! haha.

BustedS13
01-11-2010, 05:42 PM
like kids pretending to play in a rock band instead of starting one.. oh wait lol

you wish kids would shoot each other with guns?

Slammed180
01-11-2010, 05:51 PM
you wish kids would shoot each other with guns?

Don't they already?

1on1
01-11-2010, 06:12 PM
projector for 1.6?

how would that work. if your talking about just projecting the computer image in a huge format onto a wall? that is different than what this is. no flaming just curious

yea that's what i mean. the set-up in classes how they have a projector on the ceiling projecting it to the wall. sorry for the misunderstanding.

not sure if that cyber-cafe is still open. shits nuts.