PDA

View Full Version : S14 manual trans won't shift in cold

Dalton918
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I've had this car for a couple months and haven't really driven it that much, but I recently sold both of my other vehicles and had to drive this to work. Last week I get in and start it only to find out it won't go into gear. I scratch my head and call a ride to work. After work I get back out and let it run for about a half hour and it runs and shifts perfectly. the next day I go to drive to work and what do you know it won't go into gear when I start it, so I let it run and bingo a half hour later I'm off to work. If anyone has any suggestions to remedy this situation I'm all ears.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated because I'm stumped and it's too F'ing to be poking around on the car!
http://www.nismokc.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

g6civcx
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't know what gearbox you have but change the fluid out to factory specs.

If that doesn't work then change out your clutch fluid.

Dalton918
01-09-2010, 08:42 PM
The car is completely stock and remember I'm kind of a newb so be as specific as you can be, what weight fluid should I use and any demos or links are greatly apreciated.

The temp has been in teens for a while here by the way.

g6civcx
01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Go to Google. Search for an FSM for your year 240SX. Look in the MA section. Find fluid specifications. Take your car to a good mechanic and make sure they use the specified fluids.