turboxs dual stage boost controler
3inch down pipe
3inch test pipe
n1 exhaust
open element air filter
tublar manifold "project silvia style"
HKS 2530 turbo
255lph fuel pump

what boost can i push with just this setup, oh i still have a stock head gasket too. and what mods would you guys do next? as of now im running 5psi to play it safe untill i get some info on what i can push it too. thanks

mrmephistopheles
06-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Seeing as how stock boost is 7psi, you should be able to run 10 or 12 pounds with no worries at all, IIRC, the the stock fuel system is capable of handling ~1 bar (14.7psi). Anything beyond that is risky..

turboex
06-02-2003, 06:29 PM
How will i know im reaching the limits of the fuel sysyem? thanks for the help. will the fact that the turbo is bigger and moreefficiant cause me torun out of fuel at a lower psi? the turbo is about one and a half the size of the stocker. thanks again

mrmephistopheles
06-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Aw crap
I didn't even notice the fact that you had a larger turbine.

You'll know you're running low on fuel if you monitor your EGT (you DO have an EGT, yes?) and your temps get really high.. or you watch your A/F meter and you go waaay lean.

turboex
06-02-2003, 06:41 PM
my egt stays at 12 cruzing and gets to 12.5 when i push it.

popey
06-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Ever thought about a new radiator and fans? Those might help out on the cooling aspect... Just a thought, I didn't see these in your mod list, maybe you left them out.

-matt:D

turboex
06-02-2003, 08:33 PM
that was the temp with my car running the side mount, sorry. I have not looked at it with the front mount but my water temp never goes above half way up, even when im on it hard.

lbcklik1486
06-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Either way your going to need fuel sooner or later. Might as well just save up for some bigger injectors. If not, you could get an ecu for awhile to help better compensate w/ the bigger turbine.

-Jay

hokiruu
06-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by lbcklik1486
Either way your going to need fuel sooner or later. Might as well just save up for some bigger injectors. If not, you could get an ecu for awhile to help better compensate w/ the bigger turbine.

-Jay
Yes, you will need fuel management, but that is not going to change the fact that your stock 370cc injectors will be well past their duty cycle. You might as well not get an ECU if the injectors you're supposed to be controlling it with can't physically supply the fuel you are telling them to. Get at lest some 550s, and very soon, because you're running lean past 14psi.

turboex
06-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by hokiruu
Yes, you will need fuel management, but that is not going to change the fact that your stock 370cc injectors will be well past their duty cycle. You might as well not get an ECU if the injectors you're supposed to be controlling it with can't physically supply the fuel you are telling them to. Get at lest some 550s, and very soon, because you're running lean past 14psi.

What boost do you recomend I say below as of right now? thanks
Oh and wheres a good palce to get the injectors? thanks again

lodder
06-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Denso, Nismo, Apexi (from enjuku racing) all make side feed units for it. Depending on how far you want to go, you can get 550cc or you can go with bigger ones so that your not maxed out when you go bigger turbo. 2530 is a nice upgrade, but they get bigger and we all like to go faster sooo... Anyways try to find some with the same impedence, you won't have to screw around with the ecu in getting it reprogramed. Some of the guru's on the forum should know if they are high or low impedence. If you want to go higher with the stock injectors you can go with an adjustable fuel preasure regulator. Just make sure that the injectors don't go static (they don't open or close anymore they just stay open)

hope this helps.

turboex
06-03-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah man this info really helps i apriciate it. would i need a new maf too?

lodder
06-03-2003, 09:54 PM
the stock maf is just a real restriction when flowing air the way bigger turbos do. You can get z32 mafs and what not and Q45 mafs work too. But I think you'll have to get the rom change done for that.