PDA

View Full Version : Picked up an SR

Steeles
06-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Well Project ugly Duckling is now in full swing. another SR has arrived at MBH motorsports. our head mechanc Corey picked up his SR Sat. well... tried to..

Warning CM version: Just for you Dorifto!
8:30 sat morning Corey calls me to tell me he's heading to meet me in Burlington to go to Winterville to JK Motorsports to get the engine. crap, I've been asleep for like 3 hours, still feel drunk after being out drinking with Phlip and jason all night at the strip club. now I remember why we call Christy Reed the Bish.. so I roll out of bed, remember Im still in greensboro yell by to the chick whos house im at and hit the road. call corey and tell him where to meet me.

9:15 I'm in walmarts parking lot eating chicfila as we leave for JK. 9:17 corey about hits a buick. first sign its gonna be a looong day. It rains for the entire 2and a half hours to greenville/winterville. get to JK talk with Gray scope his front end conversion while Corey is handling business. hung out for a while and bished about how Mrmephistoles was a no show on the day. ate at Cubbies... (I think Megan was a little upset I was from greensboro :p) left for home (no clue on times by now) rained all the way to Knightdale. truck starting to run a little hot. got some steam so pulled over and vented the coolant. resulting in a god 5-6 foot spray of rusty baby sh!t colored coolant spraying straight up. cute. refill with coolant and water. let it cool for a few minutes and roll on. get maybe 5-10 miles down the road, getting ready to get onto 440. about an hour from home. corey hits the gas and nothing happens... wtf now? pull into the half abandoned strip mall and start looking around. hmmm. seems the timing belts broke. so corey tears down half the fron tof the engine block. we flagged down an Icy Hot Stunna riding by in a slammed honda civic HB. primered LS swap and open headers (?) he was nice enough to give me a ride to autozone for a timing belt. get back and find out the crank pulley is too tight to get the belt off or the replacement on.

were out of options on another truck save one. hope shes not mad at me for being drunk last night and the noisy exit this morning :) well shes not she drove all the way to Raliegh to pick up the trailer and me. sent the truck back to the shop in Greeensboro with AAA. whew long day and we still have to unload the clip. its like 8ish by now and all I can think of is bed. but friends from out of town are partying so I go see them. finally hit bed 2 ish... crap what a long day :)

Dousan_PG
06-02-2003, 10:24 AM
i took a crap each day this past week courtesy of del taco and greasy dinners.

Steeles
06-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Dosan buddy... I believe that falls under the TMI category... :)

oh forgot the cliffnotes version

hangover
SR
Broken truck

ruf
06-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Cliff Notes version of my weekend:

-Track day buzz wearing off. Decide to get drunk.
-Hit on cute asian girl that my yellow-fever Hispanic friend is jocking. Chat with her all night. Don't ask for her number for f33r of cockblocking. Though I wasn't blocking anything. He had no game. :rolleyes:
-Told an annoying stripper I was seeing to **** off. :D
-Saturday night was a flop. Got home at 5am with nothing to show for it. :mad:
-Pick up my love, RC51. Put my street plastics and tank back on. Ride 40 annoying minutes back to my house. :(
-Stop by the gas station and bump into really REALLY hot former stripper. Get her number. Feel like King Dingaling for getting hot chick's number at the gas station. Everyone there must think I'm the shizzle and they hate me for it. :cool:
-Stick Gatorade bottle in my clocks. It slips down by my forks and jams my steering. Forgot that I did the same thing about 2 years ago. :o
-Clean up and head over to [email protected] Target rich environment. Got stuck in line hell though cuz I didn't know the doorguy. Bump into another hot former stripper. Get her number. Life is good. :D One of the girls with us makes a comment about this random chick's boobs and how she must be a stripper too. I wave at her and say "Hi, Kita!" ;) I inform her that I do know her and yes she is a dancer. Lots of cute non-stripper people there too.
-Head over to Rick's. Stripper I told to **** off is staring at me like I'm going to talk to her. haha. Really cute waitress complains about old dude asking her for a kiss. So I offer one instead. Life is good. :o

Not a whole lot of progress this weekend, but fun nonetheless. Always nice getting a couple new leads. :p

ruf
06-02-2003, 10:53 AM
We should start a blog thread. I can't do a real blog cuz I think it would get me in trouble if anyone I knew ever found it. :p I already left enough details out of this little blurb.

Steeles
06-02-2003, 10:54 AM
yep definatly gotta come party with you in August :)

Steeles
06-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ruf
We should start a blog thread. I can't do a real blog cuz I think it would get me in trouble if anyone I knew ever found it. :p I already left enough details out of this little blurb.

lmao! I about got kicked off the amorok list ages ago for too many stripper discussions with Eyescream. those were the good ol days..

Maeda
06-02-2003, 11:35 AM
RUF How the hell do you find so many former strippers? o.O

You must have some kind of talent... or radar... something...

Cliffnotes on MY weekend.

Tinted my windows.
Painted a few paintings.
Drew Naked Chicks.
Retinted my windows (cuz i suck).
Drew Naked Chicks again.
Did some Design homework.
Ate lunch with angry Korean family.
Looked at Zilvia.

Still gotta tint my windows again, because I ****ed up the passengerside. Oh and just fyi, the naked chicks i get to draw are all fugly...

AKADriver
06-02-2003, 01:04 PM
My weekend:

Got up eaaaarly saturday morning
Picked up a friend in Falls Church
Drive down to huntz0r's house in Richmond, got there about 12:30
Installed tension rods and subframe spacers on my car
Changed clothes
Ate lunch at Olive Garden around 3:30
Messed around with huntz0r's spiffy new S14 seat belts
Watched the Speed World Challenge GT race at Lime Rock... rain + narrow track with no runoff = lots of cars eating the wall
Drove home with fuct alignment :o
Dropped off my friend
Passed out at home with sore arms

Got up sunday afternoon
Sat on my ***
Watched TV

Warwick5s
06-02-2003, 02:35 PM
here's my super fun weekend+a little bit blog:

thursday: skip the last few hours of work, help new roommate move in, drive to salvage yard to pick up zenki lip :boink: , go to my little brothers last high school band concert

friday: work, install zenki lip, play jazz quartet gig, get $75, get trashed

saturday: drive to chicago with the woman, go to science and industry museum, get some food, play gig at 'the elbo room' with r&b group, get $75, drive to monroe, WI and stay in a hotel. (got BONED on the price too :( )

sunday: AUTOCROSS!!! with madison sports car club at Sugar River Raceway in brodhead. did REALLY badly due to my all weather tires and lack of skillz (first autocross), but i had a BLAST. there was lots of silly ish there like a shifter kart, two GSX-R powered formula cars, a B6T festiva, ITR civic, turbo B18 civic, bigass caprice wagon, etc. then had a rehearsal that night, got a burrito and went to bed.

had a super fun weekend :) didn't get laid though, that about the only thing that would have made it better :doh:

Steeles
06-02-2003, 02:43 PM
wait you took the woman to Chi town and didnt get any?!?!? hows that work?!?! :hammer:

Warwick5s
06-02-2003, 03:02 PM
i think it was either the fact that i was an hour late to pick her up in the morning, or that we got lost in chicago for an hour after my gig, or that we didn't get to the hotel until 2am and she was surly.

again... :doh:

Steeles
06-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Warwick5s
i think it was either the fact that i was an hour late to pick her up in the morning, or that we got lost in chicago for an hour after my gig, or that we didn't get to the hotel until 2am and she was surly.

again... :doh:

ahh well at least there was some reasoning there :axe:

ruf
06-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Shoulda let her chokef*ck you. Get some of that frustration out. hahahaha!

ruf
06-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Maeda
RUF How the hell do you find so many former strippers? o.OHang out at a strip club and you'll end up making friends with too many of them. Now I don't find them, they find me. It's getting annoying now. They aggravate me. I'm like, "HELLO? REAL LIFE. HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT?" :bash: I shouldn't complain. At least it's a diversion.

Maeda
06-02-2003, 10:10 PM
:coolugh:
Pack the annoying hot ones in a crate and ship them here... My one bedroom's got plenty of room. I'm sure the g/f wouldn't mind sharing a bed with 3 or 4 extra people if they're former strippers...

Steeles
06-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by ruf
Hang out at a strip club and you'll end up making friends with too many of them. Now I don't find them, they find me. It's getting annoying now. They aggravate me. I'm like, "HELLO? REAL LIFE. HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT?" :bash: I shouldn't complain. At least it's a diversion.

haha yeah, my dad goes to the same strip club as me(its around the corner from our office) but he's been going so long damn near everone in there knows me as "Blairs son".. ahh well it does have its advantages :) cant remember the last time I actually paid to get in ;)

Steeles
06-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Im bored and since (crap where is it) :worthless:

the clip... kinda... we didnt give them time to pull the motorset out completely...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/pbe0d3d21d92eec777c14c8403333e0bb/fc02ba10.jpg

and once it was out they pulled the tranny (last night) and discovered an Exedy what looks to be a hyper single sprung center damper clutch/flywheel combo... I offered to trade for my fidanza/Spec combo but Corey said no... :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/pb828c95bc09463efd0e8a909a35c34f9/fc02ba12.jpg

hehehe man that pic makes it look like I work with a couple of rednecks....