PDA

View Full Version : HTC Nexus One aka 'Google Phone'

SimpleS14
01-05-2010, 02:04 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/01/eng_nexus_60012.jpg

It's officially out: Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone. (http://www.google.com/phone)

In depth review: Nexus One review -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/04/nexus-one-review/)

This phone looks very interesting and the fact that its coming out on Verzion this Spring peaks my interests. The trackball is a bit odd, but overall it looks like a solid phone. I can't wait to test it out.

Anyone plan on getting this phone?

JayDee M Rolly
01-05-2010, 02:04 PM
ooo t-mobile as well i just saw. nice

murda-c
01-05-2010, 02:06 PM
needs multitouch.

BustedS13
01-05-2010, 02:08 PM
track ball on my G1 has proven useful. it's nice to have the option
if i break the G1 before another GSM Android with a keyboard shows up, i'll get it.
needs multitouch.
has multitouch, but Apple has a patent on fucking pinching to zoom and shit, so none of the packaged apps utilize it.
Dolphin is a free browser that has multitouch, though. also PicSay, which is a picture editor.

on the other hand, the iPhone can't run two apps at once, and nobody has a patent on that.

chibo
01-05-2010, 02:10 PM
It's stupidly expensive.
http://www.google.com/phone
$530

BustedS13
01-05-2010, 02:13 PM
It's stupidly expensive.
it's $180 with a contract. buy any phone out of contract and it's expensive. this is nothing new.
my old Treo 700p would have been like $850 out of contract or something fucking insane.

sub9lulu
01-05-2010, 02:14 PM
It's stupidly expensive.
Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone. (http://www.google.com/phone)
$530

$530 is not expensive

worst part of this phone is ATT 3g band is not avaliable
should have made 2 different version

chibo
01-05-2010, 02:19 PM
$530 is not expensive

It is when I'm going to drop it and break it in a few months... but then again, $530 must be a lot of money if we're driving shitty 240s.

exitspeed
01-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Nice. Another good phone option for us Verizon folks.

BustedS13
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
It is when I'm going to drop it and break it in a few months... but then again, $530 must be a lot of money if we're driving shitty 240s.
what the fuck argument is that? get a protection plan. buy it under contract. if it's not on your provider and $530 is too much, move on. there are plenty of T-Mo users who don't have iPhones for this reason.

DALAZ_68
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
no qwerty board = auto fail to me...touch screen shit is annoying me...

DreamN
01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Get with the times old man. lol

sub9lulu
01-05-2010, 02:37 PM

get something like this

http://www.cameraphonesplaza.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sonim-xp3-enduro-a-rugged-cell-phone-that-goes-underwater-01.jpg

DALAZ_68
01-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Get with the times old man. lol

dick...your older than i am... :rimshot:

i just like the actual physical touch of the keyboard...its more precise in txting...imo anyway

chibo
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
what the fuck argument is that? get a protection plan. buy it under contract. if it's not on your provider and $530 is too much, move on. there are plenty of T-Mo users who don't have iPhones for this reason.Can't get it on my plan since I have a year until renewal with T-Mobile... so I get to pay the full price.
get something like this

http://www.cameraphonesplaza.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sonim-xp3-enduro-a-rugged-cell-phone-that-goes-underwater-01.jpg

I have the equivalent...
http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/109/nokia-1200.jpg
It's unbreakable.

wh0aitznic0
01-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Contract expires February. If it's 180 like Busted said, I'm getting this phone. Looks promising.

Daniel.
01-05-2010, 02:45 PM
The hype on this phone nearly killed it.

*shrug*

SimpleS14
01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
The hype on this phone nearly killed it.

*shrug*

Please clarify.

Do you mean nearly killed it being an actual product or killed overall expectations.

Daniel.
01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Expectations. Everyone hyped it up as some amazing iPhone contender. It was never supposed to be that.

wh0aitznic0
01-05-2010, 03:15 PM
What is it supposed to be then?

Daniel.
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
A high tech cutting edge mobile device built to Google's standards without manufacturer and carrier personalization.

DreamN
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM

i just like the actual physical touch of the keyboard...its more precise in txting...imo anyway

lol I know bro. I actually like Lizzy's phone compared to mine for the same reason. She gets all the same shit that's on my phone, same touch screen use and functions, with the addition of a slide out keyboard. It's not bad.

BustedS13
01-05-2010, 03:29 PM

totally agree, i'm happy with the G1 for now

ZenkiKid
01-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I dont see whats the hype behind the phone, its one of the MANY phones running Androids Eclair 2.0.

ronmcdon
01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Wish there would be more qwerty android phones.
I would prob veer towards the Cliq if I were to get a cellphone today.

Honestly, I don't see how this could be much better than existing android phones.

SimpleS14
01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
A high tech cutting edge mobile device built to Google's standards without manufacturer and carrier personalization.

I view it as such, and a nice platform for customization at the OS level. The only thing that stands out vs. other phones is the 1GHz processor. :)

However, you have to admit that the general public (especially the media) will always compare a new touchscreen phone to the iPhone.

bigOdom1
01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
i gotta have a keyboard. hopefully htc makes an android phone with a keyboard in the next year

Okinawandrifter87
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Oooo I wants one

BustedS13
01-05-2010, 05:28 PM
i gotta have a keyboard. hopefully htc makes an android phone with a keyboard in the next year

:-|

http://codingexperiments.com/images/android_taking_over_iphone/htc_dream_physical_keyboard.jpg

kandyflip445
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Not too impressed. Looks like another HTC phone with Android. And if you want you could always get the Droid and then update to 2.1 when it is released. Then you'd have a qwerty keyboard. The cliq is cool too. Anyone know if you can get Blur for the Droid?

S14_Kouki
01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Just saw a thing about it on the news. Well the phone looks good but we will see. Im still in love with my iphone :)

mothon
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
One of my employees at work told me about this phone today at work. So i get home and go to googles website to order the phone. Then i find out that i have to pay 530 for it or switch to an individual plan. I have a free upgrade available but my plan has multiple users. Guess i will just wait for something else.

TheWolf
01-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Nice device.. as much as I'd like flash on a phone.. I'd really like just flash video and only games.. no adverts.. certain sites would just blow up the browser... then I don't want to get into ad-blocker browser plugins on my phone...

!Zar!
01-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I am SO sick of hearing about this phone. Why is the media making this out to be something so world changing? Making it sound like Google just reinvented the wheel.

It is another HTC phone running on Android. What is the hype? Has some cool specs, but still. I mean what the fuck.

Daniel.
01-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I am SO sick of hearing about this phone. Why is the media making this out to be something so world changing? Making it sound like Google just reinvented the wheel.

It is another HTC phone running on Android. What is the hype? Has some cool specs, but still. I mean what the fuck.

Word to your mother.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.

BustedS13
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM

news people hear "google" and "phone" pushed together
news people realize people like talking about "iphones"
news people write a fluff piece, jerk off, then deliver fluff piece with that smarmy "lol this shit is expensive" half grin
news people chop up a couple rails, rape a fat bitch in an alley, and will see you tomorrow night

codyace
01-05-2010, 11:19 PM
no qwerty board = auto fail to me...touch screen shit is annoying me...

+1 her eman. I hate the 'non touch screen ability'

give me the blue collar keyboard!

drift freaq
01-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Not too impressed. Looks like another HTC phone with Android. And if you want you could always get the Droid and then update to 2.1 when it is released. Then you'd have a qwerty keyboard. The cliq is cool too. Anyone know if you can get Blur for the Droid?

If someone roots a Droid then you will see Blur on the Droid. About the the only thing cool about the the Nexus one is HTC finally started using the 1ghz snapdragon processor. Which they have been talking about using for 2 years.

The thing that is a piss off and really starting to bother me about Google and Android is all the bullshit they are pulling with the OS revisions. First they give us slow phones.

Then they let Motorola release a fast phone ,Droid (yes its processor is equal to snapdragon) and put in the latest revision of the OS while making all the other Android phone users wait for it.

Now they release this phone which is what we should have had in the first place. Its pure bullshit. Slow phones outdated software. 2 year contracts for the slow phones. The processor that is in the G1 and the Mytouch and Hero are all outdated 528mhz chips.

If Google keeps this shit up they will piss off a lot of customers in my opinion. In otherwords Google knew the first phones processors were slow but let HTC put them out anyways. Thats a fail on Googles part and the Nexus One is Google saying oh we fucked up this is how it should have been.

Wow Google has successfully turned themselves into the new Microsoft. Which means they are going to shit.

I am seriously thinking of dumping it for the Iphone, seeing as at least Apple is better about software revisions. Plus most of the dope Apps I want are all ready on the Iphone and have not shown up in Android. Aka CNBC app F1 app etc....

BustedS13
01-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Then they let Motorola release a fast phone ,Droid (yes its processor is equal to snapdragon)

according to Motorola's website it's 550mhz?

DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Motorola USA (http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola-DROID-US-EN.alt)

drift freaq
01-06-2010, 12:40 AM
according to Motorola's website it's 550mhz?

DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Motorola USA (http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola-DROID-US-EN.alt)

interesting because the reviewers on Engadget said the Nexus did not perform or seem any faster than the Droid.

Regardless its still fail on Google's part for playing the same old Microsoft games of releasing shit that is not what its hyped to be. For releasing software that's not ready for primetime. For screwing people on the updates and allowing the handsets to not be as good as they should have.

BustedS13
01-06-2010, 01:05 AM
interesting because the reviewers on Engadget said the Nexus did not perform or seem any faster than the Droid.

Regardless its still fail on Google's part for playing the same old Microsoft games of releasing shit that is not what its hyped to be. For releasing software that's not ready for primetime. For screwing people on the updates and allowing the handsets to not be as good as they should have.

eh, i watched that vid on engadget of them loading engadget's site... i'm calling bullshit on the iphone loading it that much faster. that's probably a staff member's iphone, which has loaded the site before, so it's in the cache...

wait or am i thinking of gizmodo. fuck

kandyflip445
01-06-2010, 09:23 AM
I think it was endgadget. That review was SOOOOOOOOOOO freakin biased toward the iphone it made me wanna puke.

We've tested the Iphone against the Droid and here in our network the Droid is usually a little quicker.

Daniel.
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
If someone roots a Droid then you will see Blur on the Droid. About the the only thing cool about the the Nexus one is HTC finally started using the 1ghz snapdragon processor. Which they have been talking about using for 2 years.

The thing that is a piss off and really starting to bother me about Google and Android is all the bullshit they are pulling with the OS revisions. First they give us slow phones.

Then they let Motorola release a fast phone ,Droid (yes its processor is equal to snapdragon) and put in the latest revision of the OS while making all the other Android phone users wait for it.

Now they release this phone which is what we should have had in the first place. Its pure bullshit. Slow phones outdated software. 2 year contracts for the slow phones. The processor that is in the G1 and the Mytouch and Hero are all outdated 528mhz chips.

If Google keeps this shit up they will piss off a lot of customers in my opinion. In otherwords Google knew the first phones processors were slow but let HTC put them out anyways. Thats a fail on Googles part and the Nexus One is Google saying oh we fucked up this is how it should have been.

Wow Google has successfully turned themselves into the new Microsoft. Which means they are going to shit.

I am seriously thinking of dumping it for the Iphone, seeing as at least Apple is better about software revisions. Plus most of the dope Apps I want are all ready on the Iphone and have not shown up in Android. Aka CNBC app F1 app etc....

You're missing the point Dave. Google HAD NO CONTROL(or very limited control in the case of the G1) on the hardware specs of all those phones.

This is why they made the Nexus One in the first place. Bam.

Daniel.
01-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Oh and regarding processor speeds, it's in Engadget's OPINION that the Nexus One was slower. They have yet to benchmark it side by side. (We all know that engadget are a bunch of Apple fanboys. That is a fact.)

The only benchmark to date for the Nexus is a 3d benchmark. Not a real apples to apples comparison for the Droid vs Nexus there Dave.

There's no way the Texas Instruments 600mhz chip in the Droid is faster than the 1ghz snapdragon, but until someone runs a comprehensive benchmarking suite on both then everything up to this point is speculation.

DALAZ_68
01-06-2010, 10:51 AM
lol I know bro. I actually like Lizzy's phone compared to mine for the same reason. She gets all the same shit that's on my phone, same touch screen use and functions, with the addition of a slide out keyboard. It's not bad.

and thats why you fail...not her sir...
nonetheless i still luv my XV6800, updated to run WM 6.5 still a champ...and its how many years old? woot woot HTC

totally agree,

i never thought id see the day we agree on shit...lol

I dont see whats the hype behind the phone, its one of the MANY phones running Androids Eclair 2.0.

its shiny and new, in todays society, it matters more than function...

^ YES PLEASE

:-|

http://codingexperiments.com/images/android_taking_over_iphone/htc_dream_physical_keyboard.jpg

the things i dont like about that phone
ball scroll - useless to me
buttons - bit to small
the right side panel angled piece - like the droid its stupid, why not just have the WHOLE upper section slide sideways up?

It is another HTC phone running on Android. What is the hype? Has some cool specs, but still. I mean what the fuck .

its shiny and new...90 to 95 % of the normal human population only care about that fact...

+1 her eman. I hate the 'non touch screen ability'

give me the blue collar keyboard!

+1

as stated b4 in this post...wat the masses dont know dont hurt them about things like this... they only care about sayin that they have the latest releases...and thats its ohh so pretty...

for those of us who know about the technical of this ish, we have options and the know how what to buy and what not to buy... but as long as the bigger % of profit doesnt care, or bother researching, and continues purchasing the bling, we as the smaller profit get the shaft...

if you feel cheated, you have more than enough in that one post to write a single spaced letter to google about it and express it to them, the ones who can make changes...

personally ill wait till im eligible for an upgrade like i always do, by then im pretty sure the hype and the hype tax will be a bit easier on my wallet...

drift freaq
01-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh and regarding processor speeds, it's in Engadget's OPINION that the Nexus One was slower. They have yet to benchmark it side by side. (We all know that engadget are a bunch of Apple fanboys. That is a fact.)

The only benchmark to date for the Nexus is a 3d benchmark. Not a real apples to apples comparison for the Droid vs Nexus there Dave.

There's no way the Texas Instruments 600mhz chip in the Droid is faster than the 1ghz snapdragon, but until someone runs a comprehensive benchmarking suite on both then everything up to this point is speculation.

Yes Daniel, you make good points. All I was saying is Google should have exercised more control over the Speed of the phone due to the processing speed the OS actually does need.
As far as the Droid goes I do not like the Droid. I have seen one in person and its big. I personally think the Nexus one is the Google phone that we should have been given in the first place, that is all.

as stated b4 in this post...wat the masses dont know dont hurt them about things like this... they only care about sayin that they have the latest releases...and thats its ohh so pretty...

for those of us who know about the technical of this ish, we have options and the know how what to buy and what not to buy... but as long as the bigger % of profit doesnt care, or bother researching, and continues purchasing the bling, we as the smaller profit get the shaft...

if you feel cheated, you have more than enough in that one post to write a single spaced letter to google about it and express it to them, the ones who can make changes...

Do I feel cheated? Maybe, I could blame it as much on the U.S. Mobile phone providers that tie people into 2 year contracts just to sell them a phone.
T-Mobile actually got it right when they announced the choice between a $50 plan with a contract and subsidized phone or a $50 plan without contract and the phone at full price but on monthly payments as to minimize the impact of paying full price.

We are not far apart on how we feel we are being treated as consumers Steve. Its definitely a situation where the U.S. Mobile providers screw the consumer. No matter what company you are with.

As far as contacting Google goes I don't think I need to do that, as a Google employee involved directly with Mobile phones is here already. LOL

Oh and this just across the wires ATT is gearing up to release 5 Android phones which means they are getting ready for losing Iphone exclusivity. Expect to most likely see the Iphone on T-Mobile.

As far as CDMA goes i.e. Sprint and Verizon jury is still out there. Apple did file a CDMA phone statement with the FCC but there has been nothing else beyond that.

DALAZ_68
01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
We are not far apart on how we feel we are being treated as consumers Steve. Its definitely a situation where the U.S. Mobile providers screw the consumer. No matter what company you are with.

personally, im set to stay with my provider, near a decade of 0 issues, i personally dont feel cheated.

only issue ive ever had, but this is with all phone providers ive dealt with, is design, but then again i come to common sense that they cant please everybody in design

I also find it funny that our company has a phone contract with ATT for business phone, but when ever im in the building, calls either dont go thru, drop, or lousy as fuck reception, mind you the building has ALREADY, by ATT been retrofitting to ''boost'' signal in said building...and still lousy service, but the second the try me on my Outdated PDA with updated software, boom 0 issues all around...even when im 1 floor underground...

drift freaq
01-06-2010, 01:43 PM
personally, im set to stay with my provider, near a decade of 0 issues, i personally dont feel cheated.

only issue ive ever had, but this is with all phone providers ive dealt with, is design, but then again i come to common sense that they cant please everybody in design

I also find it funny that our company has a phone contract with ATT for business phone, but when ever im in the building, calls either dont go thru, drop, or lousy as fuck reception, mind you the building has ALREADY, by ATT been retrofitting to ''boost'' signal in said building...and still lousy service, but the second the try me on my Outdated PDA with updated software, boom 0 issues all around...even when im 1 floor underground...

Its not so much I feel cheated by the provider either Steve. I am for the most part happy with my provider. I get unbeatable rate plans. My service works and is not a problem for me.
The problem lies in the fact that all providers until quite recently have been tying people into multi year contracts to get phones. They are still for the most part.

Or they bring out phones not ready for prime time. Look at Blackberry Storm on Verizon as a classic example. Much like the same complaint I have about Google
letting HTC go ahead with putting out underpowered phones on with Android.

Verizon did not look at the Storm and say wait its not ready yet it will fail. It did fail too.

Google did not look at HTC and say wait its not quite fast enough put the Snapdragon in and it will work.
Now Google can say they were restrained. I call that a possible corporate cop out.
Fact is HTC had been talking about using Snapdragon for two years.

Both examples are corporate failure at the consumers expense.

Fact is Palm Pre is running a 600mhz Snapdragon processor.

I don't want to leave my provider. I want to stop having provider offering handsets that have issues before they are ready. Now Verizon is guilty of that, ATT is guilty of that on occasion, T-Mobile has done it and Sprint has as well.

I want providers to do a better job of policing these issues.
I want companies like Google who claimed to have no interest in handsets to either come clean or stop trying to hide behind excuses or both.

I know what Daniel said and I honestly have to call a spade a spade and Google is appearing to be a Spade.

Oh and this is nothing against you Daniel, you do not have say over the corporate decisions the company you work for makes.

D.Adams
01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
i love my G1 shit i love HTC but till they come out with a new phone with a slide key board i will not be getting a new one. the android market is awesome but due to me haiting T-Mobile i will half to buy one at full price and have it unlocked to work on AT
&T. never heard of a phone company charging you money to renew your contract. I left AT&T for the G1 and because i heard tmobile was a ok company now the scum wants 400 to stay with them for another 2 years. so at the end of this month i will be going back to AT&T and having my G1 unlocked to work on AT&T...

This is a awesome phone and its multi touch . plus the new os is going to be sick. track ball looks cool also .. cant wait to play with one .

FusionR240sx
01-06-2010, 01:53 PM
$530 is not expensive

att's 3g fuckin sucks.
t-mobile is faster.
better.
better connection.
why do u think all htc phones and dope smart fones from europe only work with t-mobile's 3g in the US.

cuz that's the same frequency they use.

and 530 for this fone is a deal.
iphones are 600.

this phone is gona be sick.
i may get one.

i have a hero right now with sprint.
only pay $20 bux a month for that phone/bill/plan.

if i can get a deal with verizon/tmobile i'll get it.

FusionR240sx
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Can't get it on my plan since I have a year until renewal with T-Mobile... so I get to pay the full price.

if you think of it...
2 years of paying at LEAST 70 bux a month to have the fone will be WAY more then $530 you would spend on having the phone boughten outright.
and since u have a sim card u can just pop it in and use it and tmobile wont know that u have one.

(assuming u get an unlocked one)

ppl need to think of what u pay in the long run.

drift freaq
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
i love my G1 shit i love HTC but till they come out with a new phone with a slide key board i will not be getting a new one. the android market is awesome but due to me haiting T-Mobile i will half to buy one at full price and have it unlocked to work on AT
&T. never heard of a phone company charging you money to renew your contract. I left AT&T for the G1 and because i heard tmobile was a ok company now the scum wants 400 to stay with them for another 2 years. so at the end of this month i will be going back to AT&T and having my G1 unlocked to work on AT&T...

This is a awesome phone and its multi touch . plus the new os is going to be sick. track ball looks cool also .. cant wait to play with one .

It sounds like a you stopped in mid contract and got charged a penalty for that and or B: you have a bad credit rating and they want a security deposit.
They do not charge people $400 to renew contracts. I have been with them for 7-8 years and never had that happen.

Oh and stop spreading misinformation. The G1 is only multi touch if you have rooted it and put the Hero sense UI rom on it.

It still has a slow processor and if you want your eyes opened up on that check out a Droid running Android OS or a Nexus one.

The only way people have made Android fast on G1's and Mytouchs is by rooting them and putting on streamlined custom versions of the OS on the roms. In its stock form the Android OS is almost to much for the processor.

FusionR240sx
01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
The only way people have made Android fast on G1's and Mytouchs is by rooting them and putting on streamlined custom versions of the OS on the roms. In its stock form the Android OS is almost to much for the processor.

yupp

and android needs to fix their stupid 70 or 71 limit of apps.
shits stupid..

Daniel.
01-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I want providers to do a better job of policing these issues.
I want companies like Google who claimed to have no interest in handsets to either come clean or stop trying to hide behind excuses or both.

Google never ever said they were never interested in producing their own handset.

Andy Rubin publicly stated in December that Google was not interested in manufacturing their own handset.

I know it's all semantics...but still.

D.Adams
01-06-2010, 03:15 PM
It sounds like a you stopped in mid contract and got charged a penalty for that and or B: you have a bad credit rating and they want a security deposit.
They do not charge people $400 to renew contracts. I have been with them for 7-8 years and never had that happen.

Oh and stop spreading misinformation. The G1 is only multi touch if you have rooted it and put the Hero sense UI rom on it.

It still has a slow processor and if you want your eyes opened up on that check out a Droid running Android OS or a Nexus one.

i have good credit and my contract is up at the end of this month. when i went to tmobile i only did a 1 year contract because i didnt know where i was going to be. when i got my g1 i lived in california now i live in arizona and im on edge out here not 3g. when i looked up my account on tmobile.com thats what i saw so i called a rep and they couldnt do anything for me. so tmobile can suck it easy.

i did know about multi touch i rooted my first g1 and then 2 months later it bricked on me when i sent it in to get a new one i had to pay 100$ so i decided not to do it again on the last 3 G1's i have had. the phone is a lil slow but what do you expect.

im glad you have been with tmobile for 7-8 years thats great for you +1 i would but its not in my best interest to pay the 400 when i can go back to at&t for less and pay less on my phone bill every month.

both my g1's are for sale .. the one i use is only 2 months old and i have a NIB G1 so if anyone wants them im selling them for 300 for the pair with all the cables and head phone cable from htc.

RYAN_S-14
01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
i have an Iphone i love it

i dont think ill buy it but i like the faster processor but i dont know if id use it enought. My Iphones processor seems fast enought for me.

D.Adams
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM
cool lil video ..

YouTube - Video: World's Largest Google Nexus One Phone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_NYWTkR4lQ&feature=popular)

Daniel.
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
cool lil video ..

YouTube - Video: World's Largest Google Nexus One Phone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_NYWTkR4lQ&feature=popular)

I've seen it in person. Kinda neat. You all should see the other cool stuff they've got on campus.

A life size Alien statue (with mini alien coming out of the mouth), a life size T-Rex skeleton, a life size Incredible Hulk and much more. :)

CKAMC
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM
to me 2.1 is what is holding back the 1ghz snapdragon, i think in the long run the hardware will shine brighter with the next couple of updates to come.

512/512 of memory configuration is pretty freaking sick

and now that google is getting closer to finding a way to get apps to store on the sd card securely i am sure that will help improve all devices but once the os gets revised more I can see a difference come about between them all.

im sure htc will make something with a qwerty sometime soon with a 1ghz snapdragon...

until then I am happy with my droid.

I am sure the flash 10.1 will become the benchmark since flash video to this day is always a benchmark for cpu consumption on mobile processors

SimpleS14
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
tuVyExV8SYo

drift freaq
01-09-2010, 02:30 AM
i have good credit and my contract is up at the end of this month. when i went to tmobile i only did a 1 year contract because i didnt know where i was going to be. when i got my g1 i lived in california now i live in arizona and im on edge out here not 3g. when i looked up my account on tmobile.com thats what i saw so i called a rep and they couldnt do anything for me. so tmobile can suck it easy.

i did know about multi touch i rooted my first g1 and then 2 months later it bricked on me when i sent it in to get a new one i had to pay 100$ so i decided not to do it again on the last 3 G1's i have had. the phone is a lil slow but what do you expect.

im glad you have been with tmobile for 7-8 years thats great for you +1 i would but its not in my best interest to pay the 400 when i can go back to at&t for less and pay less on my phone bill every month.

both my g1's are for sale .. the one i use is only 2 months old and i have a NIB G1 so if anyone wants them im selling them for 300 for the pair with all the cables and head phone cable from htc.

I still think there is something your not telling us because T-Mobile does not charge people $400 for contract renewals. They do charge a $200 early contract termination charge.

Plus there is no way you would pay less on your phone bill because T-Mobile has the least expensive rate plans and data plans on the market. The only other company that can get close is Spring.

ATT is more expensive and there data system is clogged with so much Iphone traffic it messes everything up.

I really don't care if you don't like T-Mobile but what you are saying above about them sounds like your not really telling us the full story.

thestreetzking
01-09-2010, 08:58 AM
so they say spring for verizon, my upgrade is in june, anyone know a rough date??

BustedS13
01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
so they say spring for verizon, my upgrade is in june, anyone know a rough date??

the first day of summer is june 21, so you've got a pretty good chance that it'll be out before then.