PDA

View Full Version : E-Ram

FrostBite
05-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Ok... I know that those electric superchargers on ebay are pure crap, but the e-ram www.electricsupercharger.com looks like it actually works because it has a real, professionally done website with good testimonials and it actually looks pretty well made. I've heard that it does make a small differance (for 300 dollars all im looking for is a small differance) and Ive heard that it sounds pretty cool too. Dont flame me about not searching because ive searched and only got 1 result and dont flame me about this being crap before you actually look at it because this is not the cheap ebay ones. Im actually thinking about getting it. Also I dont think they would have a website like this if it was a scam because most scam artists go on ebay so they cant be traced and stuff like that and they wouldnt be making enough profit to have a web page. It even looks like theyre sponsoring races like at Laguna Seca Speedway.

DarkRaptor42
05-30-2003, 11:00 PM
this is why i need to move far away from stockton.

FrostBite
05-30-2003, 11:19 PM
yeah well im from the bay area and i just moved here and im just in high school and dont know much about the technicality of turbos and supercharges and i am trying to find out as many things as i can and i am also on a budget and its people like you who are absolutely no help at all, if you cant post something in response to the topic, dont post anything at all.

mrmephistopheles
05-30-2003, 11:43 PM
"IMMEDIATE and FULL 1psi BOOST AT ANY ENGINE RPM"

Wow. amazing. CRAP.
You'd be better off saving that 300 to put it towards a front clip. Electric turbos/superchargers are CRAP. That is all. If you doubt me, go research it yourself.

krazy_racer
05-31-2003, 01:56 AM
dude

just get the super E ram, its two stacked in a series... up to 27 horsepower...wait... stack 4 of them up for over 50hp!! then stack 8... you get the point..

damn and to think i wanted to turbo my KA.. bah.. ill just stack E-rams, thanks man, you have enlightened me.

ok heres the dealie, why am i feeling nice? i dont know....

Sorry to disapoint you but its garbage... if i wrap up a bag of poopie in gold foil and make a webpage about how this poop tasted better than godiva chocolates will you buy it? if you do ill get wrapping :)

anyways, to tell you the truth im no gearhead but im learning, so i dont know the exact physics behind it.

if it was that great eeryone would have it,

sr20 swaps are good, most everyone has one nowadays...

ultraprince
05-31-2003, 09:32 AM
I agree with all. I spent 200 more then you would have, and I got a set of 300SX stock wheels and tires and the front calipers, brake pads and rotors. I am sure that would be money alot better spent then e chargers. save your money and get something yuo won't regret later. If you insist on getting it becasue it is only "$300," please post your true feelings about it so it won't be such a mystery product.

mbmbmb23
08-15-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm sure Enron had a nice website also. I've always said....you can gold plate a terd...but its still a terd.

Bill Roberts
08-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Yep, turbulance and drag at WOT. (wide open throttle)

You would need to have at least a 12 HP motor (close to 9000 watts which is BTW, 746 AMPS at 12 volts) to turn a shaft at 100,000 RPM (turbo speed) and it would need to be connected into its own computer (16 bit no doubt) to the throttle position sensor, o2 sensor and the Mats at the bare minimum.

For the cost of one that could work after mucho research, you could buy an SR clip and have it installed.

746 AMP draw from a 12 volt system would kill your alternator. No free lunch.

E=IXR

For the one PSI gain they are claiming, just removing the spare tire, jack and accessories would be about break even.

Rubbish.

misnomer
08-15-2003, 11:35 PM
It's one thing bringing back useful threads from the dead. This one, however, is retarded beyond all means.

ca18guy
08-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Mbmbmb23 you should know better :squint: