PDA

View Full Version : wheels spacers to clear my coilovers.

clean
05-28-2003, 07:11 PM
i found a set of wheels that are 16x7 and 16x8 w/ a 35 osset all around the seller thinks. i know i will need spacers to clear the coilovers and went to opt auto to look at the h&r spacers. i searched and read all i could bout using the spacers and i gotta go back and read more. anyway i know i would need a 5mm spacer up front and shuold i get a 15mm for out back? the front tire size is 205/55 and the rear is 225/50. they nice wheels and selling for $550. the spacers are pricey so should i just get other wheels to clear them or buy these and spacers and does anyone have problems w/ spacers? thanks, hope this topic isnt a topic that has been asked a million times.

adey
05-28-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm almost 100% sure that you won't need spacers. I had 16*7 and 16*8 (+35 and +38 respectively) and they both cleared coilovers without spacers.
Of course, spacers will make them look nicer, but you probably don't need them to clear coils.

Bbandit
05-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by adey
I'm almost 100% sure that you won't need spacers. I had 16*7 and 16*8 (+35 and +38 respectively) and they both cleared coilovers without spacers.
Of course, spacers will make them look nicer, but you probably don't need them to clear coils.

i second that
you dont need spacers
you will clear your coilovers
i guarantee! :D

clean
05-28-2003, 10:25 PM
really, cause the only reason i hesitate to get the wheels is because of the fact they wont clear. i think i will buy them then. i was under the impression that i would need a 27 offset on a 7" wheel and i thought that was really low, so thanks

adey
05-28-2003, 11:20 PM
Don't hesitate, if you like the wheels, rest assured that they will fit. They might not be the flushest, but they'll still look a whole lot better than stock! :D Let's see pics when you get them on your car!