PDA

View Full Version : best way to keep ur 240 from being stolen?

Rbrum
12-09-2009, 10:32 PM
i have a 92 and around my area there is a good amount of car thefts because of the short distance to Camden (NJ). Some people i know have had there cars stolen one actually last month. had a b16 swapped out hatch stolen from the mall and found 3 days later stripped to death in camden. I was wondering what the best way to keep your car safe? other then buying an expensive alarm?

P_856
12-09-2009, 10:40 PM
lol dude i live in camden ur cool, 240s are still under the radar just lock ur doors get one of those culbs or the autolock that hooks onto the foot brake

IMPORTIMAGE
12-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Unfortunately unless you have a garage.

Alarm is the only way to go.

If someone wants to steal your car. They are going to do it.

Things you can do without an alarm are: Make sure your doors are locked. Try to park in your driveway not in the street.

That's all i've got without an alarm... Good luck! And if you decide to go with an alarm PM me ;)

Regards,
[email protected]

yokotavia
12-09-2009, 10:50 PM
everytime you park your car somewhere unsafe, pop your hood and remove a few random fuses or relays.

chances are a theif in a hurry will have no idea why the car wont start

would blow doing it all the time, so thats my only other idea other than what is already said

iambape
12-09-2009, 10:52 PM
i got a clifford 2-way.

will tell you if your car is getting broken into.

OR once you get out of your car. take out the fuel fuse and disconnect your MAF sensor =]

AS240
12-09-2009, 10:59 PM
pull your ecu and install a kill switch for ignition or on the fuel pump.
my s13 is rb swapped so when i go to san antonio (car theft is baaaad), i take out my ecu, flip my fuel cut and take out my safc.

westly7
12-10-2009, 12:08 AM
those thingy that hooks to your footbrake is pretty good and cheap too i guess

Rbrum
12-10-2009, 04:44 AM
yea i was thinking the plug that purges the fuel system? lol i didnt wanna sound stupid so i didnt post it right away but i know in the 300zx its a green plug under the driver side kick panel.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
12-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Hmm I wouldn't start giving out all the quick anti theft tips that some of us do. Not online. just gives the thieves on here more ideas and know how to take our shit and I know you are here watching us all. :nono::nono::nono::nono:

revat619
12-10-2009, 05:31 AM
A garage and a big, strong as shit dog that alerts you when someone parks or even walks near your house and doesn't take kindly to anyone that doesn't live in your house unless you say so.

Out and about, just make your car as tedious to steal for a potential thief as possible.

Billiam151
12-10-2009, 07:30 AM
I just thought of a Anti-Theft device..

Remove the shifter from the car.. Not going anywhere without that.
(in a five speed that is)

I would think that most thieves want to get in quick and go, they may have some of the basic stuff to make the car go but a shifter? hmmm?

We can call it the Quik disconnect shifter!:cool:

s-cargo
12-10-2009, 08:03 AM
quick disconnect steering wheel lol.. cant go anywhere without a steering wheel!!

AS240
12-10-2009, 08:09 AM
a good theif will keep spare fuses and such, thats why i pull my ecu. its kinda unlikely for a theif to just happen to have a ecu on him lol tint you windows too as dark as possible if you havent. the less they can see on the inside the better

iambape
12-10-2009, 08:14 PM
^^ theyll just snap on their steering wheel.

Billiam151
12-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Im for the quick disconnect shifter.. they can bring their own steering wheel but how many carry a shifter.

Or maybe a shifter lock??????

ECU seems like a good idea also, although they can bring one with them...

jimmytango00
12-10-2009, 10:10 PM
disconnect the starter signal wire.

PinkPanther
12-10-2009, 10:14 PM
keep it stock

D.Adams
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
well i have the same issue. i travel allot and my currant 240 is my daily driver. so today i ordered LoJack ProximityPlus this is the best lojack unit available you can track your car from your home PC and it will email or text you if the car goes over the set speed or out of the the boundary area you set for the car. When or if your car ever gets stolen you can pull the program up for the cops and have them go get it. Plus if you let someone drive your car you can see where they go and how fast they are going. Its 30% off till the first of the year. The unit cost 199 and then you got to pay for a year contract wich was 170. Once the 1 year contract is up its $14 a month. i also have mobile defense on my cell phone because i have had 2 tmobile G1's stolen this dose the same thing as lojack.

this is not a sales pitch its just the best way to secure your car. Another plus is it will lower your car insurance allot .

Also if you sell the car you can remove the unit and put it in any car that you buy or want.

so i will have a viper alarm with key fob kill switch and lojack .

Jacob'S13
12-10-2009, 11:57 PM
1. clutch lock
2. detach steering
3. steering hub lock
4. couple kill switches wouldnt hurt.

J-F(rx-team)
12-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Quick release steering wheel, anti theft, switch cut off fuel pump

KA-T_240
12-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Locked garage is the best place to put it. If it can't be in a garage park it as close to ou house or garage as you can. Even park a car behind it so that they have to do even more work to steal your car.

The odds are anyone that is not just a random OMG I am going to steal your car type of theif is going to know more then you want them to about your car, and maybe even you. They proabably have looked at your car before(in your driveway, at a parking lot, events...) The obivious methods like a removeable steering wheel, alarm system and all that are strong methods to prevent theft. Its the little things you do that makes the car either hard to start, move, or get into that count. These are the things that a thief will not see coming.

Tokendog
12-11-2009, 08:11 AM
This is the one I am ordering soon...

YouTube - Trunk Monkey 4 - Theft retrieval system (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MmROefZT8I&feature=related)

Tokendog
12-11-2009, 08:14 AM
They have different models too...the best model has all of the features, as shown here...
YouTube - Trunk Monkey Compilation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y&feature=related)

240sxvaj
12-12-2009, 12:01 AM
unplug your brake lines so they wont get anywhere lol!

make some electric shock seat belt lol!

180 drifter
12-12-2009, 02:51 AM
i vote kill switches in random places around the car where only you would know where find em. that way you know if someone steals your car, there is a small list of people who would have seen what you did to get your car started. plus everything stated above haha

SlideWell
12-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Ravelco Anti Theft Device (http://www.ravelco.com) after you get that, buy LoJack. Ravelco is anti-theft, LoJack is GPS tracking. pretty much in case they are able to tow your car, LoJack is covering your ass.
/thread

Ceepo
12-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Im kinda diggin taht Ravelco product, never seen or heard of it but i am gonna look into that, i would get lojack but the area im in doesnt offer that...

hOngsterr
12-12-2009, 02:42 PM
unplug the dizzy but dont make it obiv, unplug it so it looks likes its pluged in but its not,

then like others say, unplug some fuses
lol

blitzsti22
12-12-2009, 03:08 PM
fake s14 alarm light ftw

StaticX27
12-12-2009, 03:23 PM
clutch lock and a quick disconnect steering wheel w/ hub lock. When you park, make sure you crank your steering wheel over to a side, so that way if they try and pull it out, it'll hit everything around it. I'd rather have a crumpled beer can of parts I can transfer to a new chassis than to have no car :P. Basically, a tow truck driver picking up a car draws the "Sucks to be that guy" kind of attention. However, a tow truck driver pulling a car out of a parking spot banging it against all the cars next to you generates the "WTF is going on there, I gotta go check this out" attention.

BDMs14
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Ok, what about car thieves that have toe trucks and flatbeds???

DR NISSAN
12-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I'd take the ignitor chip with me

thrax
12-13-2009, 09:19 AM
keep it stock looking
no visible stereo upgrades
no heavy tints which tells people you are hiding something
no rims that are worth more than your car
theft deterrent systems like a "club" to make it time consuming for thieves
park beside more expensive cars or cars that don't do the above, they'll take that one first

ms!3
12-13-2009, 10:13 AM
you guys worry too much.

Jonathan Rivera
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM
quick release..... with the hub lock.... cant put any steering wheel on it... if they want ur ride bad theyll just tow it....lol

Jonathan Rivera
12-13-2009, 04:39 PM
by the way thanks for giving away all of are tricks we had up our sleeves to the theives.. .

Rbrum
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
lol^ yea a quick release would be good but what if ur going in the mall.. r u gonna carry it with u haha

Lozer
12-14-2009, 12:12 AM
lock it in the trunk ^^^^

HemiCharger
12-14-2009, 03:11 PM
dont drive it....

NismoDriverS13
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
1.put a turd stick under the door handle! lol.

2.own a poisonous snake or something and leave it inside the car.

3.put ur car on blocks and take all the wheels off.

filluptieu
12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
man you guys are all off sadlly.... down here in texas at least people have been stealing cars by just getting a tower... its sad, doesnt even matter anymore, if they want your car they will get it. best alarm is a gun license paired with a actual gun and a great set of ears to listen for your alarm... oh yea a nice pair of nike running shoes haha

D.Adams
12-14-2009, 03:52 PM
man you guys are all off sadlly.... down here in texas at least people have been stealing cars by just getting a tower... its sad, doesnt even matter anymore, if they want your car they will get it. best alarm is a gun license paired with a actual gun and a great set of ears to listen for your alarm... oh yea a nice pair of nike running shoes haha

yea but caifornia is a comunist state. really hard to get a CCW or even buy a hand gun.

yukon
12-14-2009, 11:57 PM
a good theif will keep spare fuses and such, thats why i pull my ecu. its kinda unlikely for a theif to just happen to have a ecu on him lol tint you windows too as dark as possible if you havent. the less they can see on the inside the better

if you pull your ecu very often you will disconnect the wires. they dont have strong connections.

godrifttoday
12-17-2009, 03:27 AM
How about u just put ur car on jackstands everyday and with an alarm . Motion sensors. Kill switches ...

hotlavaflow
12-17-2009, 07:02 AM
1. clutch lock
2. detach steering
3. steering hub lock
4. couple kill switches wouldnt hurt.

That's it right there, plus an alarm and wheel lock (placed on the front wheel). You live in NJ c'mon and btw 240's aren't under the radar here anymore.

cumbewong
12-17-2009, 07:30 AM
quick release/lock
killswitches
pedal locks
basic LOUD ASS alarm

nathanong87
12-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Ok, what about car thieves that have toe trucks and flatbeds???

there are anti-tilt sensors that you can tie in with most 2-way alarms.

also something that people are doing is.

1. have an old phone that has 911 GPS capability
2. hardwire it to your cars power supply and HIDE the phone
3. if your car is stolen, as the police to trace the number
4. even if thieves disconnect the battery, u may have more hours of phone standby.

i've heard of people using multiple kill switches.... and toggle panel where by only a certain set of toggle positions will allow for ignition.

i wish i had the money to do all i listed above lmao

SirSilvia
12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
THIS
http://www.vanillaslice.info/images/nico/new%20garage2.jpg

that and I am soon to install a starter kill keypad. and before any of you go "hurr hurr that can be bypassed" stfu, If you're not an idiot you'll figure this is a good design and when wired properly, you won't be able to by pass it.

Enter code wrong 4x and it locks the car for 5mins, cannot try to start it again. even if you had a key. I think its 18750 codes available on my specific model, good luck. and with the lockout period, its going to take you about, at most 390.625 hours, or 16 days to go through all the codes.

"hurr hurr, you can snip the wires off the keypad and short them out" you think the company thought of this? plus if you do that, you're only hindering yourself further. the module (which should be wired properly away from the column and hidden amongst the stock wiring) If it doesn't receive the correct code, its not completing the circuit for you.

all and all, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it. sad truth

S14Josh
01-06-2010, 03:37 PM
there are anti-tilt sensors that you can tie in with most 2-way alarms.

also something that people are doing is.

1. have an old phone that has 911 GPS capability
2. hardwire it to your cars power supply and HIDE the phone
3. if your car is stolen, as the police to trace the number
4. even if thieves disconnect the battery, u may have more hours of phone standby.

i've heard of people using multiple kill switches.... and toggle panel where by only a certain set of toggle positions will allow for ignition.

i wish i had the money to do all i listed above lmao

I hate to bump this thread, but someone was scoping out my 14 last night and now I'm super paranoid. I have an old blackberry that I still have in my car, it's deactivated, but any phone should be able to get tracked by 911 as long as it's turned on correct? Anyone have any extra info or links on doing something like this?

stinky_180
01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
wont keep it from getting stolen but, this will help track your car if you have no idea where its at:

PocketFinder Family of Personal GPS Locators (http://www.pocketfinder.com/products/vehicle/Default.aspx)

my friend helped develop the software for this device.

Sleepy240
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Anti-theft measure = Sell your 240

amdnivram
01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
or live in your car lol

Slammed180
01-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Anti-theft measure = Sell your 240

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title.

Fuckin' joke stealer.

Unknown007
01-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm buying a Tiger soon.=D

You can always pull your engine out!!!

Also you can have you car have sensors so when a person tries to open or touchs the window the car turns on and idles then honks hahaha.........

A huge suggestion is if you tint your windows then it means you got stuff inside.Mine are untinted and you can see my roll bar and everything but if I was a thieve I'd go for the tinted window one.

Maybe depends but yeah just don't be so paranoid it's like when you baby the car then something happens.When you notice people scoping your car keep an eye out or report a car driving by your house frequently.Or put peanut butter under your door handle lol.

RB24_S14
01-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I say the quick release steering wheel. Top it off with a Fuel cut and battery kill switch well hidden in your car. Or buy a pitbull and leave him in your car every night lol

RB24_S14
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
wont keep it from getting stolen but, this will help track your car if you have no idea where its at:

PocketFinder Family of Personal GPS Locators (http://www.pocketfinder.com/products/vehicle/Default.aspx)

my friend helped develop the software for this device.

Im going to find a GPS locator. Those damn alarms dont work when you need them! Those damn haters always like keying your car or something. im about to buy a survaillance camera.

RYAN_S-14
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I used to have the ignition switched and an alarm with OEM led light on my JDM S-14.

I pulled down the panel below the steering wheel cut the start wire and ran a switch inside the cig lighter. I then reinstalled everything like it was factory wire loom and all. The alarm i had was basic with a back up battery all hidden like it was factory.

That was the key i think, factory apperience to confuse any prosepcted thiefs into not knowing WTF was stock or aftermarket.

nismo_kouki
01-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Move to southern Indiana nothing gets stolen here.....

jamg
01-06-2010, 11:48 PM
live on your own island

fliprayzin240sx
01-07-2010, 03:48 AM
Alarm with a hidden back up battery and a 160 decibel siren hidden behind the dash and pointed at the driver. You break in, the alarm goes off, ill make sure youre ears will be bleeding before you decide to get out and give up.

RYAN_S-14
01-07-2010, 03:54 AM
also they make smoke machines that will smoke out the inside of the car,

skyvia686
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
short hub quick release steering wheel and lock, car alarm, and a hidden kill switch. if they plan on driving it away. too bad out here they get em on flat beds and gone within 10 min silently! assholes!

1on1
01-07-2010, 02:41 PM
or you can key your own car that says "if you seen this car not driven by this guy (picture painted on your car) call the police."

Sleepy240
01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Seriously are GARAGES REALLY THAT FUCKING RARE? I've never had a CAR stolen from INSIDE my GARAGE or anybody I know for that matter. If you cannot afford to put your car in a garage then maybe you should buy something that nobody will steal?

Dalton918
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Chances are if drive a 240 you can barley afford gas, I live in an apartment I don't have a garage but I do have a mossberg, an assaigned space with a view from my apartment, and a loud ass alarm.

FRANDIZZLE
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
killllllswitchhhhh

Sad s13
01-25-2010, 09:20 PM
if your broke take a tampon covered in ketchup and put it on the front seat.

dawagarage
01-26-2010, 09:08 AM
like previously stated, if a thief wants something bad enough, they will acquire it. some of the anti theft advice is pretty good... but even with all these controls implemented, make sure you have your car insured with the 'other than collision' option, to cover theft & fire. & depending on your insurance company you can select the.. i forget the wording but its pretty much 'after market parts' coverage. SURPRISE!! some of you might know this but your 'regular' car insurance most likely wont cover your aftermarket parts, i.e.- your expensive jdm wheels, etc. so do yourself a favor & inquire unto your insurance company.

s13-ghost
02-15-2010, 12:08 AM
alarm,killswitches, and a mean ass rednose or blue nose

sentiumprogram
02-15-2010, 01:50 AM
install your ignition switch in a different location.
Hookup your original ignition switch to a car bomb.
If an unauthorized person tries to start (steal) your car
*BOOM* no one steals your car and lives to tell about it.

Ceepo
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
^ sounds very safe....

Why not, steal your own car so they cant steal it...

s13love-green
02-15-2010, 01:15 PM
hire a body guard lol ..........

S14Serge
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Tinting the $hit outta your car will reduce what these fawkn theives can see, and wouldn't hurt to have a good alarm....

But like mentioned before if someone want's to steal your car they will try anything to get it:(

mrflip69
02-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Seems like dark tinted cars would have something to hide?

At the very least, a stealth installed alarm that pages you would be a good investment. Sounds really basic, but a lot of the cars reported stolen on this board didn't have an alarm. Obviously they can just pick it up with a tow truck/flat bed, but if you've got something that pages you and you're in the vicinity, you might be able to make it back just in time to see them haul your car off? :(

Always try to park with your wheels locked facing something so they'd have to bang against the curb/another car to do the above^

You can always try covering your car in gaudy glitter vinyl with a busted body kit to make it so unappealing that thieves would vomit on themselves on the spot and leave/die of dehydration?

Turbo Nismo
02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
live on your own island
Castaway? "iWilson! iWilson!" LOL

Turbo Nismo
02-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Alarm with a hidden back up battery and a 160 decibel siren hidden behind the dash and pointed at the driver. You break in, the alarm goes off, ill make sure youre ears will be bleeding before you decide to get out and give up.
LOL!!!! That would be fun to see. Hahahaha!!!

lincoln-lok'd
02-17-2010, 07:56 AM
wire in fuel pump kill switch. at least itll take them a while to figure out why it wont start.

AtReYu72
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
If I had any doubt about thiefs looking to stole my car , Ill sleep on the back seat with a gun .:rl:

fckillerbee
02-18-2010, 04:54 PM
http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/images/2007/09/bobby.jpg

I keep one of these in my car.

and I'm not worried about someone driving off in my car....motor is dead right now! lol

SRallDay
02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
isnt it common sense how to not get your car stolen?

-quick release
-killswitch
-pedal locks
-alarm system

etc...

i do two other things that prevents it from being stolen for sure...

mobilesuit818
02-19-2010, 12:30 AM
quick release ecu.....

95_S14
03-01-2010, 01:33 AM
ok so i had my civic stolen about three years i had a kill switch and "the club" the club is a pos they cut my wheel and pulled it off and im guessing found my kill switch sonow on my 14 i have
1. paging alarm
2. quick release
3. quick release hub lock
4. kill switch
5. clutch club '' they say you cant cut it but fuck it just another thing they have to do to get off to move the car
6. a shifter lock that mounts to the car with bolts that you tighten and the end snaps off so you cant take it off and you lock the car and reverse

So now if they can get into the car without my alarm paging me , get my hub lock off, cut my clutch club off ,turn off my kill switches ,and get my shifter lock off without getting blown away then fuck it take my car
Oh yeah and with the shifter lock and the clutch club on you cant move the car so just something for you guys to think about
shifter lock
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/kouki_monster_S14/P1020520.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/kouki_monster_S14/P1020521.jpg

tofast4u05
03-01-2010, 11:52 PM
ok so i had my civic stolen about three years i had a kill switch and "the club" the club is a pos they cut my wheel and pulled it off and im guessing found my kill switch sonow on my 14 i have
1. paging alarm
2. quick release
3. quick release hub lock
4. kill switch
5. clutch club '' they say you cant cut it but fuck it just another thing they have to do to get off to move the car
6. a shifter lock that mounts to the car with bolts that you tighten and the end snaps off so you cant take it off and you lock the car and reverse

So now if they can get into the car without my alarm paging me , get my hub lock off, cut my clutch club off ,turn off my kill switches ,and get my shifter lock off without getting blown away then fuck it take my car
Oh yeah and with the shifter lock and the clutch club on you cant move the car so just something for you guys to think about

Blast those motherfuckers. Fuckin theives.

!Zar!
03-02-2010, 12:56 AM
The best way to keep your 240 from being stolen is to not own one.

DataXUnknown
03-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Don't ever leave your car in front of a friends house.

Your friends could turn out to be shady motherfuckers...

95_S14
03-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Or here is another great one I haven't done it but I'd like to . My friend has a bride seat with the ass pad the you can remove and whaT he did was get another. Pad took some of the padding off from the inside took what he said was 200 fish hooks made them as straight as he could then pushed them thru the padding and put the cover over it.well one day he can outside and his driverside door was open there was some blood and the pad was gone so he called local hospitals and asked if anyone came in with fish hooks in his ass and one said yeah so he called the cops and the guy had to have the hooks removed and the guy went to jail , sad thing is my friend never got the pad back lol

1_Bad_Silvia
03-03-2010, 10:51 AM
i have the best alarm out there and they still broke into my car and stole shit from it. u just cant stop them. garage is the safest way.

boosted KA24DE
05-02-2010, 08:21 AM
There are ways to disable car not to start pull fuel fuse or make switch to it.
Pull wire from ignition coil to spark plugs. steering wheel lock/removal. shift lock inhibitor switch mod. the list goes on and on. be creative and just find a way to disable something. I car can't start car don't drive and robbers look stupid trying. LMAO

jerseyjon
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
A garage and a big, strong as shit dog that alerts you when someone parks or even walks near your house and doesn't take kindly to anyone that doesn't live in your house unless you say so.

Out and about, just make your car as tedious to steal for a potential thief as possible.

http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/12/07/1197060094_0366.jpg

5pecialist
05-03-2010, 01:34 PM
I keep my car parked right outside my window. When I hear dems jackin I take aim with a 9MM.

shogun!
05-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Car Alarms (http://www.guarddog.net/aalarm.htm)

Talking Car Alarm
http://www.guarddog.net/2001pro.gif
The talking car alarm senses shock and electrical current. When armed it will detect someone tampering with your car and warn the intruder in a stern voice.
When it senses repeated or heavy shocks, the voice shouts a warning, then the 127db siren sounds for 30 seconds. It has an instant panic feature with a woman's voice screaming for help and a car finder mode that chirps to help you find your car in a crowded parking lot. It's sensitivity is set by striking your car to set the shock threshold. Once set, any impact greater than the threshold you set will activate the alarm. It can also be operated in non-talking mode using a siren for an alarm and chirps for confirmation

Talking Messages
System Armed
System Disarmed
Please Adjust Sensor Now
Thank You
You are Too Close to the Vehicle, Please Move Away
I was Tampered With (shout)
Please Help Me (scream)

03redTuscani
05-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Tinting the $hit outta your car will reduce what these fawkn theives can see, and wouldn't hurt to have a good alarm....

But like mentioned before if someone want's to steal your car they will try anything to get it:(

Curiosity killed the cat. In this situation, rather, the curious cat broke into your car and took it or the possessions in it.

Dark tint.... hiding something?

slim_240
05-05-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.skymall.com/images/products/ATO/20090810/102968265x.jpg

works like a charm

iamtheyi
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Hidden kill switches. That helps deter them for awhile at least.

s13doc
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
take the wheels off and put it on blocks itll confuse the thief into already thinking youve been robbed

chiboy002
05-09-2010, 11:43 PM
i definitely need this. my car is pretty stock engine wise. suspension is pretty much 80% built, car is kinda clean looking. yesterday i was at my dads, locked the doors and closed em. came out a few hours later - door open just a crack! luckily nothing was gone and my car wasn't stolen. i assume the to-be thief just ran off or something cause my car has nothing on it for protection

chiboy002
05-09-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm buying a Tiger soon.=D

You can always pull your engine out!!!

Also you can have you car have sensors so when a person tries to open or touchs the window the car turns on and idles then honks hahaha.........

they steal your engine...

and then they just smash your window, pop hood and cut horn cables, and voila! running engine to drive off in...

HemiCharger
05-10-2010, 08:20 AM
The stock security system on my s14 still works. It beeps the horn anytime a door or if the trunk is opened. It also has a neat flashing light on the dash and will kill the starter if tripped. The only other way to be 100 percent positive is to get a lo jack but they do not offer those in my area.

Jonnie Fraz
05-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Keeping your car is about layers of protection, but to be perfectly honest if a thief wants it bad enough they are gonna get it.
Keep it in a garage, with an alarm, with LoJack, with a quick release, with hidden kill switches. If you make it enough trouble then the thief will move on to the next 240 that is not as much trouble to take.
Even if I go into a store where I can see my car I set the alarm and take the wheel.
Just don't be dumb about it...If you don't have any theft prevention, then don't take you car to the movies...If a thief is watching the lot and sees you pull in he know you are gonna be in there for two plus hours. Take your girls car and leave the 240 in the garage.

handinpants
05-16-2010, 03:14 AM
i have a 92 and around my area there is a good amount of car thefts because of the short distance to Camden (NJ). Some people i know have had there cars stolen one actually last month. had a b16 swapped out hatch stolen from the mall and found 3 days later stripped to death in camden. I was wondering what the best way to keep your car safe? other then buying an expensive alarm?

dude you ever watch that show on tv about the cops that catch auto theives? its filmed in NEW JERSEY.... they said to get a low jack...... i saw get a garage, park your car in there, lock your car, and buy a gun... cause the only way they are getting that car is through your front door.... and the only way they are getting the car, is if they get past the angry dog, then they gotta get past me and the gun... if they get past me, well they can have the car

Walperstyle
05-16-2010, 04:13 AM
noobies listen up, fuel cutoff switch, hidden by you, somewhere.

Kill Switch/Security - Northwest Nissans (http://www.northwestnissans.com/board/showthread.php?t=101285)

I will not reply to this thread.

H_K_S
05-16-2010, 01:08 PM
You could get a car that can turn into a transformer and blow the car theft up..lol..Here where I live, everyone drives high-end cars. So they think my s14 is a POS.

koji187
05-16-2010, 01:34 PM
dude you ever watch that show on tv about the cops that catch auto theives? its filmed in NEW JERSEY.... they said to get a low jack...... i saw get a garage, park your car in there, lock your car, and buy a gun... cause the only way they are getting that car is through your front door.... and the only way they are getting the car, is if they get past the angry dog, then they gotta get past me and the gun... if they get past me, well they can have the car

smart man, i carry a gun with me at all times, no ones stealin my shit

GabeS14
05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
smart man, i carry a gun with me at all times, no ones stealin my shit
What does having a gun on you have to do with someone stealing your car??
Usually thieves steal cars when no one is around so ?

Slidin' Sam
05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Best advice:

1) Sell your 240.

2) Buy a one-way ticket to Japan.

3) Buy a Silvia (dirt cheap).

4) Never worry about having your shit stolen again.

//thread//

epics13
05-18-2010, 11:18 AM
What i do is park my car in my backyard everynight and then have my bro-in-law and my sister's cars block it in, n when its in the back you can't tell if its back there, it also helps to not go to sleep till 3 in the morning (lol), I also have a pager alarm n a club for when the car leaves the safety of the backyard, when im at work I park next to the security booth and when im at school i pull a couple of plugs out.

drifting240
05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
What ever happened to those muti-locks. Or have u ever thought of taking off ur spark plus wires every nigte it may sound dumb but that does take a couple seconds to do and maybe those few seconds could be the difference of u having ur car or not i noe it sounds dumb but maybe that will give u an idea of doing something simple

hisoka
05-19-2010, 08:49 PM
put a really obvious fuel pump switch then on the same line hide another one.

lol australian style.

hostyS 14
05-19-2010, 10:52 PM
keep it stock
pussyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ka240zouki
05-19-2010, 11:35 PM
lmao, i know a guy over here that has a chain connected to his tow hook and another hook concreted into the ground. and there's a big thickass lock on the tow hook.
bahahhah

jcruz85
06-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Spend the money and get an alarm and alpha lock. Guys if you really love your car you will go to great lengths to make sure it doesn't get stolen. My first and next mods are too get what I described above. If I'm gonna speend money on swaps and quality parts I'm gonna get a quality alarm system, quick disconnect steering, and alpha lock. I already have a 9mm high point so right now that's enough and I work third shift enough said.

stockdrift
07-04-2012, 03:46 AM
Quick note to anyone and everyone that post buy a quick disconnect steering wheel hub. Please pretty please do not buy nrg from what I have been told they only run a couple sets of keys as in someone you know may own the same hub lock you have. Or the thief will eyeball f$& you car and know to bring his dealer set of nrg keys. The only company I know that makes a good quick release hub and hub lock is works bells they cost two to four times as much but each key is custom.and acole kill switches and I have 5 different key lock lugs on my cheap jdm wheels.not used when I drift . And pull the face of the radio hide the CDs and put the arc in the glove box

Arireese
07-04-2012, 05:28 AM
so far my defense is cutting the wheel to full lock toward the curb and steering wheel inside my house.

cubaguy
07-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I take a rim off when I go places

eek
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Best way is not to have a 240 in the first place so it can never happen.

EnemyS15
07-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Garage
Alarm
Garmin Gtu-10 when it ends up getting stolen, you can track it asap.

Buy a cougar and keep it in the car.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kbujzs12lYY/TIDnoMRaMEI/AAAAAAAAA3k/-Ra3tzS_dpo/s1600/Ricky%2520Bobby%2520cougar.jpg
If you can drive a car with a cougar in it, you earned the right to steal the car.

Akito86
07-06-2012, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=Slidin' Sam;3450406]Best advice:

1) Sell your 240.

2) Buy a one-way ticket to Japan.

3) Buy a Silvia (dirt cheap).

4) Never worry about having your shit stolen again.
there you have it or a four door skyline

drifter1992
08-13-2012, 08:07 PM
get an alarm and a quick disconnect hub with a lock, cause if they know your car they can bring a steering wheel to match to it, and if you lock the hub then they cant just put another steering wheel on

Xicor01
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
I may sound ignorant because i don't know the name of the switch, but the switch that is triggered when the clutch is engaged, i tied a push-on switch in series.
in order to start its, clutch in, switch in, turn key.
hide the switch where your left hand normally rests so it doesn't look off.

Calenton
08-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Mil Spec connector for ecu :) impossible for anyone to guess which cable you put in what pin hole so it cant be replicated ...and it allows you to quick disconnect ecu and take it with you. Have it on my daily driver and i live in brooklyn and my door locks dont work...car has never been stolen :D

http://hondamarketplace.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153292&stc=1&d=1281685892

Walperstyle
08-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Fuel pump fuse. Its a 2 cent item, and I can be 98% sure that no thief has a spare fuse with them. You could also consider removing the starer relay.

Nothing is fool proof, just don't park anywhere vulnerable, or get out of the shady neigborhood you live in.