PDA

View Full Version : wtf is up with my lights??

stoy74
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
i have a 95 240 havent had this problem ever before... when i put my key in ignition and press on brake my lights come on and im talkin all of them but my headlights and interior dome light??? My car was recently wrecked and i had to replace the whole front =bodywork and lights.. i replaced the headlights with jdm and hardwired the highbeams. could this be a grounding prob or something with the headlights themselves? thanks for any input

shiftdrift
12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
all of them except your headlights and dome light? so your rear? as in your brake lights? which come on when you hit the brakes?

ForcedNduction
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Does you car do this without the key being in the ignition too? Take out the rear Stop lamp bulbs and make sure they are dual filiment. Ive worked the exact same problem about 3 weeks ago. Looking at schematics in the FSM (EL-52, 53) you can see where the brake lights can cross over the the running lights.

Big_Balls_JC_S13
12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Check your wiring at the point where the accident happened there can be an open or something along those lines because I had something similar to the degree that it was an open wire that was grounding out or either not connected but it wasz really hard to tell but look into the point where you got into the accident...

rb26man
12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
check wiring...and sensors

projectRDM
12-06-2009, 08:24 AM
check wiring...and sensors

Sensors? What in Hell for?

OP - remove your brake lights bulbs and try it again. It's likely they're the wrong bulb and backfeeding through the parking light circuit.

stoy74
12-12-2009, 09:55 AM
ive changed them recently may very well be the prob. might have grabbed thhe wrong ones thanks guys

stoy74
12-13-2009, 09:30 PM
well that was the problem thanks guys cant believe that was the prob... goes to show the littlest most obvious things are sometimes overlooked.