PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution thread.

BustedS13
12-04-2009, 01:24 AM
yeah, why not.
i had this old arcade game in the basement/garage a while back, got tired of it, wound up trading it to some supergeek for a pair of kinda beat up cheapo metal DDR pads. they register great, but all the panels are cracked, so i'll be doing some work soon.
anyway i just downloaded Stepmania finally, dug out my old tower which has composite video and audio on it, and now i've got a pretty radical DDR rig in the basement. in the last six weeks or so i've lost 15 pounds without changing my diet (i did stop drinking soda (regularly) about three months ago, but that's it), playing DDR about an hour every other day or so.
anybody else still play this crap? the j-pop of official releases used to be fine with me, but coming back to it after so long i yearn for normal music, which is readily available with Stepmania. got about 10 gigs of music for it, hurr durr

pic related, it's the bemani dungeon

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/nerfdude/2009-08-02213327.jpg

kingkilburn
12-04-2009, 01:37 AM
I love that game. I need to get some decent mats to play with. Those cheap ass dance mats just don't cut it when you weigh 220 with a size 14 shoe.

lflkajfj12123
12-04-2009, 05:29 AM
i used to be a bemani nerd

surprise surprise

Otto347
12-04-2009, 05:36 AM
God I used to play the first few that came out like mad! We would go to the arcade for 3 to 4 hours at a time. Talk about a work out.............

wh0aitznic0
12-04-2009, 08:30 AM
It looks SO fun when I see kids do this at the mall.

HyperTek
12-04-2009, 08:55 AM
this was the OG pattern game unlike those finger games lol

DataXUnknown
12-04-2009, 12:24 PM
I play DDR and Flash Flash Revolution. I play DDR a lot and love it. I can beat MAX 300 on heavy comboing the whole damn thing sometimes (depending on my fatigue). I'm hoping to get more into freestyle though rather than insane steps haha. My goal is to AA MAX 300

Taniguchi_Is_#1
12-04-2009, 12:24 PM
i used to be relatively okay at DDR, but i could never transfer my soft pad skills to the arcade machine. meh.

TravisSW
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
DDR is just epic. Great game, work out and imo, good music. Especially in Super Nova 2

My buddy and I played this for a while for a month or two straight, but got lazy again. But him getting a foot blister didn't help much haha.

Ps. About time this game got a thread here! lol

driftsilvias13
12-04-2009, 12:37 PM
In high school I would rollerblade with my friends to the arcade to play this game for hours. Always sweating like crazy. Fun stuff at the time, now that I think about it, it was so much money!

Touge Noob S13
12-04-2009, 12:45 PM
i used to be relatively okay at DDR, but i could never transfer my soft pad skills to the arcade machine. meh.

Pretty much the same here. Arcade machine felt fast compared to the home game.

lflkajfj12123
12-04-2009, 12:48 PM
ddr is lame

its all about ITG

i used to be able to get 86% on this

Jc51pLKD4pM

kingkilburn
12-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I could never get into that game. The songs have no personality.

lflkajfj12123
12-04-2009, 12:56 PM
you mean itg is not fruity like ddr?

kingkilburn
12-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Nope, too boring to be fruity. At least fruity is something. lol

Taniguchi_Is_#1
12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
part of the draw of ddr is how lame it makes you feel when you play it.

DataXUnknown
12-04-2009, 01:11 PM

The songs have no personality? Interesting...

I don't know what you mean by this, but all of the songs on DDR are pretty awesome.

tricky_ab
12-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I used to be big into DDR (I'm talking my first machine I ever played on was a Japanese machine from Japan at my local Asian mall).

I still have a few import mixes for J-PS2 but I haven't really played since Extreme. The songs were good and the steps flowed. Now it's just about noise and ultra hard steps.

Blurryeyes
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
I never liked DDR, I prefer its korean bastard child: Pump it up and I have two mats to play doubles, 10 buttons FTW

ZenkiKid
12-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I was thinking of picking this up again..quick and easy way to lose weight.

kingkilburn
12-04-2009, 02:07 PM
The songs have no personality? Interesting...

I don't know what you mean by this, but all of the songs on DDR are pretty awesome.

I was talking about In The Groove.

TravisSW
12-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I never liked DDR, I prefer its korean bastard child: Pump it up and I have two mats to play doubles, 10 buttons FTW

We have that at my work. If people ask for DDR, I say "We don't have DDR, but we have a Korean knock off called Pump It Up."
lol

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I lost ten pounds playing it too. 200 down to 190. Not bad.

HyperTek
12-04-2009, 05:31 PM
ill admit i never got into it.. For you home guys, you playing on ps2 or can you do this on some emulators on your pc? i know pads are pretty dam cheap on ebay.

lflkajfj12123
12-04-2009, 05:48 PM
stepmania + all mixes

ps2 mat + computer usb cord

done and done

or just goto the arcade

DataXUnknown
12-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I will never buy the pads, or the metal ones. If I ever bought it I would have to buy the official Konami arcade pads which are like $5,000. Nothing else compares to them.

I went to Howie's Game Shack and they had a machine there it was some ridiculous knock off looked super cheap I believe it was ITG. I tried it out and that shit was the worst game I've ever played. I was so annoyed by it I wanted my dollar back. The stepfiles were off sync and the arrows were funky looking, music was horrible. Looked like some nerd in his basement tried making their own version of DDR.

To me, anything with arrow pads that is not Dance Dance Revolution, is a knock off of DDR :)

Bubbles
12-04-2009, 05:52 PM
I've never played this game.

I think they played it on Grandma's Boy.

lflkajfj12123
12-04-2009, 05:58 PM
lol ITG is made by the people who made ddr its not a knock off

its just a more advanced version

getting AAA on paranoia gets boring after a while trust me

ericcastro
12-04-2009, 06:11 PM
You need a team mate bro!

sQ1gBQRVwPM

ericcastro
12-04-2009, 06:13 PM
and when you've mastered that,
maybe you can take on this guy?
7Hz8gQlkiFA

I would not post that i was playing DDR in my garage with fans and shit set up.

but i would totally do it in secret when no one is around and the GF is at work :) lol

TravisSW
12-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Playstation 2.

Super late reply. haha

kingkilburn
12-04-2009, 06:14 PM
That is the shit that makes DDR lame as fuck. I love playing but I can't go near people like that.

lflkajfj12123
12-04-2009, 06:17 PM
its a video game

don't take it so seriously

kingkilburn
12-04-2009, 08:54 PM
That freestyle stuff is taking it too seriously.

ravinaziankid
12-05-2009, 01:29 AM
I remember playing this back in HS when it first came out in the US..pretty fun at the time but havent played for a long time.

DataXUnknown
12-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Eric posted some lame videos lol. Here is some of my favorite freestyles.

comedy I love it haha
WAoNRAqgy_w

pretty nice legit smooth
8xbDYAsa3uE

Hay it's better than jerking at least.

BustedS13
12-05-2009, 06:10 AM
it's really unfortunate that 99% of the Stepmania production crowd are weeaboos. waaaay too much j-pop, anime theme songs, and chronotrigger music. i was really hoping for full albums and stuff. was really hoping for like, a Downward Spiral pack, or a Carter III pack. instead i get a pack that's all background music from Lupin the 3rd. makes me want to go to take a gun to sakura con.

wh0aitznic0
12-05-2009, 06:58 AM
it's really unfortunate that 99% of the Stepmania production crowd are weeaboos. waaaay too much j-pop, anime theme songs, and chronotrigger music. i was really hoping for full albums and stuff. was really hoping for like, a Downward Spiral pack, or a Carter III pack. instead i get a pack that's all background music from Lupin the 3rd. makes me want to go to take a gun to sakura con.

What the hell? I can't imagine anybody stepping to Lil Wayne.

BustedS13
12-05-2009, 07:13 AM
What the hell? I can't imagine anybody stepping to Lil Wayne.

i'd just rather throw on a playlist of songs i actually want to hear instead of high pitched siren-packed bubblegum insanity. considering how godawful japanese pop is, it's no surprise their suicide rate is so high.

ericcastro
12-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Eric posted some lame videos lol. ........

WHAT !!

LMAO!!
those two were such tools, lol.
and that one legged dude, awesometown,:rofl::rofl::rofl:

no slide
12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
ya i used to play this. very good work out. my buddies got jobs at the local gameworks since we were there so much playing. then we got to play for free.

check this out
YouTube - DDR Crip Walk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY9veTXCAmk)

ericcastro
12-05-2009, 11:58 AM
sadly, most of us prolly actually look like this
4yk-ESYl7Bc

Touge Noob S13
12-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Heres some target practice busted.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/1b/Weeaboolunch.jpg

lflkajfj12123
12-05-2009, 03:14 PM
i have met every single weeaboo there is to meet playing this game

still doesnt change my mind on the video game just because these people are into it

like have you met the different 240sx owners? i still like the car despite its owners though

DataXUnknown
12-05-2009, 03:53 PM
like have you met the different 240sx owners? i still like the car despite its owners though

quoted for truth lol

Bubbles
12-05-2009, 04:07 PM
sadly, most of us prolly actually look like this

Yeah, but that guy was looking good until the end.

Got greedy and went for the showstopper machine slapper and it end up costing him.

BustedS13
12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
i have met every single weeaboo there is to meet playing this game

still doesnt change my mind on the video game just because these people are into it

+1, i used to be a high-posting member on DDRSTL. went on a couple road trips with those guys to find new machines, spent days going around STL putting DDRSTL decals on machines, knew two different guys with actual DDR machines (a 3rd mix and a 4th mix plus) in their parents' basements. and every single one of them couldn't stop jerking off to the Suncoast anime collection, but i still enjoy the game
just wish better songs were available :/

lflkajfj12123
12-05-2009, 06:39 PM
total truth there used to be a forum for northwest indiana called ddrnwi then it died and respawned like 5 times

i met a bunch of weirdos and bunch of normal cool kids who like the game like myself

either way it didn't really matter we could all communicate and have a good time despite the bs

i still talk a lot of people i met till this day even though none of us still play

jh3xp
12-05-2009, 07:32 PM

ITG brought the level of difficulty up.

DDR is fun just to play old songs that got you into the game but after playing and getting kinda used to itg it makes songs like max300 seem really easy.

kingkilburn
12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I enjoy the songs with strong stream and voltage like Tsugaru and Burning Heat. I have never been able to do max300 or even liked trying to do it.

BustedS13
12-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I enjoy the songs with strong stream and voltage like Tsugaru and Burning Heat. I have never been able to do max300 or even liked trying to do it.

honestly my favorite song is the extended mix of Dynamite Rave, and then that something something Japan song.. and then... fuck i don't know.
i just want a nice string of five or six footers to play while i'm trying to work out, nothing that'll piss me off too much, just something that keeps me moving. a nice stream without too much air is great.
i went to a bar and got a free Jameson hat tonight, whee

DataXUnknown
12-06-2009, 01:40 AM
honestly my favorite song is the extended mix of Dynamite Rave, and then that something something Japan song.. and then... fuck i don't know.
i just want a nice string of five or six footers to play while i'm trying to work out, nothing that'll piss me off too much, just something that keeps me moving. a nice stream without too much air is great.
i went to a bar and got a free Jameson hat tonight, whee

You ever play the Dynamite Rave (air special)? lol my god that song is so fucking annoying. The entire song your just bouncing like a bunny. It was funny the first time I played it, but then I got pissed the second time I played because I got a side ache. Dynamite Rave is one of my fav's as well, but it has to be played at a good speed. In some mix's they slowed the song down.

As for a nice stream, Healing Vision(Angelic Mix) for me, or A. A is my favorite song to AA on. I haven't AAA'd it yet but I'm tryin'...oh and I don't like the song AA because I can't A on AA, but I can AA on A. They should really make a song called AAA, then there would be A, AA, and AAA and shit would get really confusing.

BustedS13
12-06-2009, 01:59 AM
A is my favorite song to AA on. I haven't AAA'd it yet but I'm tryin'...oh and I don't like the song AA because I can't A on AA, but I can AA on A. They should really make a song called AAA, then there would be A, AA, and AAA and shit would get really confusing.

my brain just threw up

drift_limo
12-06-2009, 04:11 AM
You need a team mate bro!

Im glad i stopped playin like 6years ago lol

Heres some target practice busted.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/1b/Weeaboolunch.jpg

BLEACH?:hide:

kingkilburn
12-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I have bad knees so I can't play for too long any more. I like to play the retardedly hard songs with a controller. The speed along with interesting rhythms are like moving brain teasers for me.

With my feat I'm good for the occasional A on heavy, with the controller I can AA on most every song save for shit like max300 and a few of the paranoia mixes.