PDA

View Full Version : The Beat 92.7/99.3 AZ Radio Station

exitspeed
11-30-2009, 09:39 AM
So there's quit a few people on here like myself that like old school music. The good shit from the 90's and really early 2000's.

While in AZ last week we came across this station int he middle of the damn desert that I was SO happy to find. All they play is old good shit. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Maybe other cities have stations like this as well, but in Milwaukee we don't have shit like this. I wish we did have a station like this here.

I'm streaming it at work now. LOVE IT!

They just played ODB Got Your Money, and then NWA Gangsta Gangsta.

Phlip check this out as soon as you get a chance.

chibo
11-30-2009, 09:41 AM
We're not the middle of the goddamn desert <:mad:>

exitspeed
11-30-2009, 10:03 AM
We're not the middle of the goddamn desert <:mad:>

If you are where I was, Phoenix area, actually you are. You're in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. How do I know that and you don't?

http://www.nps.gov/archive/cagr/Kids%20Corner/Fun%20Facts/SD%20Map/images/Desert-sonora200-Courtesy-W.jpg

Either way, this thread is not about the fact that you are in the middle of the desert but that there is a dope as station in the middle of the damn desert.

DALAZ_68
11-30-2009, 10:07 AM
satelite radio my friend...i dont miss out...

XperienceM5G
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
I used to listen to the Beat when I lived there.
It's good stuff!

ThatGuy
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Satellites > Antennas :D

exitspeed
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
satelite radio my friend...i dont miss out...

My dad has satellite radio and that old school hip hip station is just OK IMO. This station is much better.

turbobrick
11-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Its also 101.1. They used to play electronic/techno/whatever.

exitspeed
11-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Its also 101.1. They used to play electronic/techno/whatever.

Yeah that's the station I actually heard. When I found it online it said 92.7/99.

chibo
11-30-2009, 02:04 PM
If you are where I was, Phoenix area, actually you are. You're in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. How do I know that and you don't?

http://www.nps.gov/archive/cagr/Kids%20Corner/Fun%20Facts/SD%20Map/images/Desert-sonora200-Courtesy-W.jpg

Either way, this thread is not about the fact that you are in the middle of the desert but that there is a dope as station in the middle of the damn desert.
I was joking, because the common stereotype of this place is a bunch of sand. :rofl: And yes, this is what 101.1 turned into - not that it was a big loss because that station kind of sucked. I'm kind of surprised you got it though, I've always had trouble getting it in my cars.

exitspeed
11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I was joking, because the common stereotype of this place is a bunch of sand. :rofl: And yes, this is what 101.1 turned into - not that it was a big loss because that station kind of sucked. I'm kind of surprised you got it though, I've always had trouble getting it in my cars.

Haha, gotchya. Wasn't sure if you were kidding or not. :(

We only got it for a little bit each way from Phoenix to Sedona.

And no, AZ was not just a bunch of sand. We thought the area was beautiful. We want to come back. So many restaurants and so much to do. I wanted to do some serious hiking but that was kinda out of the question with my wife 6 months pregnant.