PDA

View Full Version : S13. No tail lights or cluster lights, NOT a fuse.

AE_Racer
11-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Brake lights headlights blinkers hazards all work. No taillights or cluster lights. Checked all fuses, changed out dimmer hazard and every other switch and there is no radio hooked up, all wires there are clean. I also changed out the white box. I'm lost. Any ideas?

zkrobs4
11-30-2009, 01:38 PM
i had the same problem in my hatch, but it was the fuse blowing out. Found bare wires in the back grounding on metal and taped them up. if its not the fuse, im not sure what it is though.

chetacheese
12-03-2009, 01:42 AM
OH O!. another gremlin. I had the same exact issue. took me 2 weeks to figure it out. Removed my dash and found bare wires there. Thats most likely your issue. Its now a matter of looking through the loom to find that monster. My tail light fuse kept blowing out everytime the headlight switch was triggered. Does the same happen to you?

Swamped13
12-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Get a voltmeter first off and make sure you are getting power to your cluster and to your tail lights.
Then check all your grounds and make sure they are tight, and free of any corrosion.
It's going to be an electrical problem.
I had a similar problem on a Cadillac STS at work this week, and it wound up being a corroded ground cable.