PDA

View Full Version : Redrilling pcd's

Xbroke_kidX
11-19-2009, 06:25 PM
How dangerous is this? My car is 5x100 and its almost impossible to find good size offset wheels and I'm not sure wether i should run spacer adapters or just buy wheels and get them redrilled anyone have experience?
thanks

yokotas13
11-19-2009, 07:05 PM
adpater spacers
or buy wheels new so you can get whatever pcd you want

gunmetalr32
11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
/\ what he said.. don't mess with re-drilling wheels..

Wake
11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
second that
or settle on used rims that are the right pcd. 5x100 is pretty common tho depending on wheel size. But you will probably find a lot of front wheel drive offsets, which arent bad on a stock body.

but if you get them redrilled just make sure you get it done by a reputable company, going from 5x114 to 5x100 should not be hard for anyone that knows what they are doing. But I wouldnt say its any more dangerous than using spacers.

heres 6 nice sets of 5x100 to choose from
RBwheels - 5x100 17inch (http://www.rbwheels.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17_21_22)

Xbroke_kidX
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
alright looks like its back to hunting or save up some real cash and order something super nice lol thanks

theicecreamdan
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Its possible, talk to some machine shops. All they need to do is drill them and stamp in some slugs.

People act like wheels are some high tech shit that you can't mess with. Sure its important to have it done by people that know whats up, but it is possible.

articdragon192
11-20-2009, 06:07 PM
How dangerous is this? My car is 5x100 and its almost impossible to find good size offset wheels and I'm not sure wether i should run spacer adapters or just buy wheels and get them redrilled anyone have experience?
thanks

It's pretty safe. Hell, SSR does it to it's wheels when they make wheels for BMWs. All they do is enlarge the lughole and press in a sleeve with an offset hole which allows for variable bolt pattern. However, the wheel being redrilled needs to be examined by the person doing the work, as some bolt patterns are not possible due to wheel design.

Matej
11-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Or you could have some cheap steelies made.

GSXRJJordan
11-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Its possible, talk to some machine shops. All they need to do is drill them and stamp in some slugs.

People act like wheels are some high tech shit that you can't mess with. Sure its important to have it done by people that know whats up, but it is possible.

It's pretty safe. Hell, SSR does it to it's wheels when they make wheels for BMWs. All they do is enlarge the lughole and press in a sleeve with an offset hole which allows for variable bolt pattern. However, the wheel being redrilled needs to be examined by the person doing the work, as some bolt patterns are not possible due to wheel design.

Exactly correct, both of these.

I work for a very high end wheel forged company, and we do all the machining ourselves. Wheels are drilled as the customer orders them, but sometimes people want to use old wheels on a new car ($1500/wheel, you would too) so we'll do 5x112 -> 5x114.3, 5x120, etc. Anything bigger than a couple mils and you'll see the "oval" look of the lug hole, which looks like crap.

5x114 or 5x120 to 5x100 will look awful, but I'd say it can be done on most wheels.

Xbroke_kidX
11-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Ill hit up rb motoring and see what they say for price and such. thanks for the info guys