PDA

View Full Version : Installing painless wiring- need help

blackjack-sx
11-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm having a problem figuring out how to hook up my sr20 engine harness to the painless wiring harness.
I'm kind of clueless on how to hook up the alternator as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ceepo
11-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Why are you doing a painless harness that is retarded, the factory harness is fine for it, just rewire it to your chassis so its plug and play... I dont understand why your would rewire the whole thing... whats the info on the chassis(year/model/motor s13 s14 sr) need more info man...

awesomenick
11-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Maybe his chassis harness was ruined, like mine was.

blackjack-sx
11-14-2009, 12:38 AM
yeah the whole harness... well went bad... long story...

so im just going painless and have most of it hooked up just have a few more things to do and is why i need help...

its a 92 hatch with an s13 sr

FRoSt415
11-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm having a problem figuring out how to hook up my sr20 engine harness to the painless wiring harness.
I'm kind of clueless on how to hook up the alternator as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i wouldn't tackle this unless i had a wiring diagram of everything. if you cant read or understand the diagrams do not attempt this. More descriptive on what you need help with. we cant tell u to hook up wires if we do not know how u are setting it up. give us a layout of the wires and the way your wiring it in so we can assist u

GSXRJJordan
11-14-2009, 01:26 PM
I've installed a bunch of Painless harnesses, and prefer to fabricate my own. With the Painless stuff, there's a lot of waste. You should keep your engine harness as complete as possible.

Anyway, the alternator has an "exciter" wire, and the "+12V" wire. The exciter wire is the larger of the two wires coming out of the alternator plug, and the +12V wire is the one with a ring terminal on it. Make sure the body of the alternator is still grounded to the chassis and/or engine.

As far as the upper engine harness goes, you'll need to tell me what car and what motor you have before I can tell you which wires need to get power, and from where.

g6civcx
11-14-2009, 01:31 PM
$60 per hour for as many hours as it takes to get the job done.