PDA

View Full Version : BB turbo rebuild shops

SidewayZ-s14
10-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey guys!
I'm from the Orange County area and in the market for finding a shop that will rebuild my gt2871r.

Ive been to turbocity here in Anaheim and they say they don't rebuild garrett BB turbos.

I'm curios to know if you guys have any reputable shops near the area i could get this rebuilt at.

I have no idea whats wrong with the turbo so hopefully they can do an inspection and also tell me if all i need are new seals and balancing or a whole new center section.

Thanks so much!

10-29-2009, 09:07 PM
bb turbos cant be rebuilt.

GroundPerformance
10-29-2009, 09:25 PM
^^ Like he said.. You'll need a new Chra.. GLWT

imverus
10-29-2009, 10:57 PM
not thread jacking, but while were on the turbo topic, anyone know how much it is for new seals and a place to do it? this if for stock sr t25

sil80 monster
10-29-2009, 11:00 PM
not thread jacking, but while were on the turbo topic, anyone know how much it is for new seals and a place to do it? this if for stock sr t25

turbocity.com?

SidewayZ-s14
10-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Ball bearing turbos can be rebuilt....
I know of a place in Texas that rebuilds them and replaces the CHRA!

They are gonna fully rebuild my gt2871r.
$350 for basic rebuild which includes the normal seals and bearings and balancing.
$525 for the perfomance rebuild which includes all of the basic + NEW CHRA

Just thought maybe someone has any shops around the area that will do it.
OH! And all parts are straight from garrett.

steve shadows
11-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Ball bearing turbos can be rebuilt....
I know of a place in Texas that rebuilds them and replaces the CHRA!

They are gonna fully rebuild my gt2871r.
$350 for basic rebuild which includes the normal seals and bearings and balancing.
$525 for the perfomance rebuild which includes all of the basic + NEW CHRA

Just thought maybe someone has any shops around the area that will do it.
OH! And all parts are straight from garrett.

You are getting SOLD to.

If the bearings are bad they can't rebuild a true Garrett ball bearing CHRA

They can replace the oil seals and clean the turbo for you - but this is not a ball bearing CHRA Rebuild

Normal Oil seals and turbo cleaning is insanely cheap. Seems like you're getting a nice little jack of your wallet

your post hurts my brain just thinking about how they are somehow selling people on this. If they are even touching the chra, I wouldnt want to know what they were doing to it

What is wrong with your turbo to warrant a rebuild in the first place?

I do turbo rebuilds and custom turbos through a proxy in the OC

let5l1de
11-02-2009, 12:34 AM
You are getting SOLD to.

They can replace the oil seals and clean the turbo for you - but this is not a ball bearing CHRA Rebuild

Normal Oil seals and turbo cleaning is insanely cheap. Seems like you're getting a nice little jack of your wallet

your post hurts my brain just thinking about how they are somehow selling people on this. If they are even touching the chra, I wouldnt want to know what they were doing to it

So many "shops" are making everyone look bad Steve...

If anyone needs good honest non-bullshit answers you can trust, or 2nd guess us and contact another reputable shop and still have the same answer/result, just contact us.

no bullshit...

~mario

SidewayZ-s14
11-02-2009, 12:48 PM
You are getting SOLD to.

To be honest Steve, i have NO idea what is wrong with the turbo. When i spin the compressor wheel it spins freely and i hear weird "grinding" sorta noise as if the bearings are shot...

JDS Performance
02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Not to bring this back from the dead but its worth it....

I sell Garrett ball bearing rebuild kits for the GT25, 28, 30, 35R series turbos..also the HKS and Precision Garrett based turbos.
I can also rebuild them.
The rebuild kits are $300.00 plus sipping
[email protected]