PDA

View Full Version : Driftwater 4 VA

ballinnmiami240sx
10-29-2009, 03:40 PM
YouTube - Driftwater 4 Danny Domenech s13 coupe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-DaBQFfEM)

Those of you that are in VA and N.C need to come out to driftwater......formely known as UStraining facilities "blackwater" These events are super RAD and are only getting better. Attached is a video of me sliding one of the courses.

Naytag629
11-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Where is driftwater located at
*edit* I googled it and all I got was Moyock, North Carolina.

blue rexsti
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Not enough power and I'm too afraid to pay that much money to grip! And I thought video/cameras/spectators wasn't allowed!!!

ballinnmiami240sx
11-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Its a little more relaxed since they know we are not there to cause trouble. HPDE event are way more expensive. For $100 you get to drive all day. I was dead ass tired by 3PM. Its worth the money. Its located in moyack, NC. Right on the border of VA and NC.

Bigalow311
12-01-2009, 06:01 PM
How's the lay out for people that don't have a 'crew?'

I have a z33 and want to leave my spare wheels/tires and jack somewhere but I'm afraid someone will steal them.

95KA-Turbo
12-01-2009, 06:29 PM
It is extremely secure, you do not have to worry about anyone stealing your stuff. Its like family out there, everyone helps everyone else out and no one would think of stealing from anyone else out there.

Also, if your concern is power, there are people out there in stock 240s and stock NA FCs that can drift the course. The lack of power will just increase your skill level.

These evens are AWESOME practice for VIR and other high speed courses - and you don't have to worry about wrecking because there is nothing directly off the track.

I go off every event at like 70mph and haven't messed anything up yet, haha.

nissansrbetter16
12-01-2009, 06:43 PM
hell yea place looks pretty sweet

Bigalow311
12-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Sounds man. Maybe we can meet up during the event.

I probably have as much NA power as some FI guys. It's good enough for drifting. Maybe I'll get more later.

Do you guys usually stay at a hotel the night before or just drive down same day?

Yeah, I can't wait for the VIR events to kick off next year. I'm considering going to one of the HPDE by Trakdaze. Should be fun.

It is extremely secure, you do not have to worry about anyone stealing your stuff. Its like family out there, everyone helps everyone else out and no one would think of stealing from anyone else out there.

Also, if your concern is power, there are people out there in stock 240s and stock NA FCs that can drift the course. The lack of power will just increase your skill level.

These evens are AWESOME practice for VIR and other high speed courses - and you don't have to worry about wrecking because there is nothing directly off the track.

I go off every event at like 70mph and haven't messed anything up yet, haha.

DriftMasterDre
12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
When are the next events? No spectators at all? What if you bring someone in your car? I've been wanting to expose my gf to real live drifting for a while and this would be perfect when I finish my car.

Jhester
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I was a lil stoked when i first read this. Then i used mapquest to find it was only 23 miles away. Now im hella stoked

95KA-Turbo
12-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Sounds man. Maybe we can meet up during the event.

I probably have as much NA power as some FI guys. It's good enough for drifting. Maybe I'll get more later.

Do you guys usually stay at a hotel the night before or just drive down same day?

Yeah, I can't wait for the VIR events to kick off next year. I'm considering going to one of the HPDE by Trakdaze. Should be fun.

I only live 25 miles from the event so I just get up in the morning and drive down. I know some of the guys from Richmond (which is like 2 hours away) stay in a hotel the night before since everything starts so early in the morning.

When are the next events? No spectators at all? What if you bring someone in your car? I've been wanting to expose my gf to real live drifting for a while and this would be perfect when I finish my car.

You can bring one "crew member" for 25 additional dollars. So you can bring your GF if you like. Additional events will continue as long as people keep signing up!

I'll be going as crew for someone because my car will not be ready. I'll be out there with my camera though, so if you see a bearded guy with a hat and camera that will be me.

Oh crap I just realized this wasn't about the event happening on the 20th, haha.

Here's the event information for the December 20th event:

To all the grip drivers who haven't been coming due to lack of timing equipment, you now have no excuse.

Special thanks to MRD and Lookoutdrift.com for helping this event to happen.

http://www.usdrift.com/images/flyers/2009_outlook_flier.jpg
flyer fixed for actual times and date

the facility
http://i46.tinypic.com/ad0rxx.jpg

Trust me when I say that you will never get this kind of track time for so little money.
driver cut off is 25.
paypal [email protected]
fax# for credentials is 757-424-0776

Drivers list

1. Jen Jar
2. Terry Awad
3. Jeff Falk
4. Sean Ford.
5. Brian Eggert
6. Mike Schnider
7. Michael Collins
8. Perry Summers