PDA

View Full Version : MAC Users click here im a noob and need to ask some questions

RUTH'LESSDET
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I would like to know is anyone running windows 7 on there Mac yet if so how is it ??

yokotas13
10-28-2009, 10:13 PM
it works......i mean, its an OS...as long as it works on a PC, it will work on a mac

tsx1racer04
10-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah, it'll work but, why?

It's gonna be the same as running it on PC, no difference all youre doing is changing the operating system no hardware change. Therefore, its the same as running Windows 7.

I would stay with mac, i mean why did you get a mac in the first place? lol.

GluedMyNuts
10-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Its gonna be a ***** to use 7 on the newer Macbook with the one button mouse, no?

tsx1racer04
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Its gonna be a ***** to use 7 on the newer Macbook with the one button mouse, no?

LOL, thats funny cause im using a microsoft mouse on my mac right now.

SimpleS14
10-29-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure he's looking for a legitimate response from someone that is actually running Windows 7 via Boot Camp....

RUTH'LESSDET
10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Well I'm a windows guy at heart and I've always like the fact that a mac can run windows plus my desktop PC just took a shit

kyoru
10-29-2009, 06:00 PM
I would like to know is anyone running windows 7 on there Mac yet if so how is it ??

I am, my Macbook Pro has two partitions (set up using boot camp). One has Snow Leopard the other has Windows 7, it should be no different. All the drivers for your computer are on your Snow Leopard/Leopard cd. I also have VMWare which allows me to virtually run the same windows partition in Snow Leopard if I need to.

BTW, the track pad is actually very good however the driver support isn't so good on the windows side. Right click is easily done by have two fingers on the track pad and clicking.

RUTH'LESSDET
10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
I am, my Macbook Pro has two partitions (set up using boot camp). One has Snow Leopard the other has Windows 7, it should be no different. All the drivers for your computer are on your Snow Leopard/Leopard cd. I also have VMWare which allows me to virtually run the same windows partition in Snow Leopard if I need to.

BTW, the track pad is actually very good however the driver support isn't so good on the windows side. Right click is easily done by have two fingers on the track pad and clicking.
Okay sweet now my other noob question is whats the best partion to use i.e. bootcamp, parallel etc?

deolio
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
i have parallels with windows xp and it's exactly like it is on a pc. i imagine windows 7 would be the same.

Martino
10-30-2009, 12:27 AM
+1 for parallels.
I've used VMware fusion as well and prefer Parallels.
I run XP on my partition but have been considering Windows 7. I only use the XP partition because I have 2 programs I use with my vinyl cutter that aren't MAC compatible.

P.S MAC mice DO have right click...

kyoru
11-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Okay sweet now my other noob question is whats the best partion to use i.e. bootcamp, parallel etc?

really it depends what your doing, if you running windows using parallels or vmware you are basically running windows while running in mac. tThis means your computer is working pretty hard to run both at the same time, so you won't be able to do anything too intensive in windows.

Using boot camp means booting up directly into windows, it's like any other normal pc. I typically do this to play games.