PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Phlip
05-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Who do you guys think can take it all? Here is my take:

No one will beat the Lakers if San Antonio doesn't (this would be the basketball analyst and Laker fan in me) but San Antonio still runs a chance at losing if they get Dallas, but only a small one... Sacramento would jnot be able to beat them without C. Webb. In the Eastern conference, we are going to see a damn good series if Philly Beats Detroit to play against NJ. NJ would simply sweep the pistons, they can't score enough and are overmatched in the back court. Bottom line: You champion is either going to be LA (which I'm personally hoping for) or San Antonio, but the finals will be an ass kicking delivered to a very tired eastern conference team, the way they have historically played hard fought defensive games in the playoffs... Now go ahead and discuss this amongst us for those who watch NBA ball.

fastpace
05-13-2003, 10:40 AM
I feel ya on your predictions on most of the playoffs. It will take the east a couple of seasons to actually be competitive. San Antonio played a stupid game in game 4, but I still like their chances. I like San Antonio to win the championship, but it very important that they win the game today. Sacremento is still a good team without cweb. Dallas is one of my favorite teams, but they are just playing streetball.

SilviaNinja240
05-13-2003, 01:02 PM
I too was impressed by the Kings prefromance without Webber against the Mavs(which are a pretty formitable team anyways, IMO) It's going to be a hard battle for the Kings. I'd like to see them take the championship, but it's not going to be easy. But if the Lakers make it.. that's cool too. As long as one team from Cali wins. LA does have the better chance and proboblity to win though. None the less, go Nor Cali! woo! (*shakes fist at warriors, why you gota lose all the time:mad: )

pinoydrifter
05-13-2003, 03:37 PM
I think you guys are pretty much right on with everything... exept for the fact that mavericks are going to win the championship!! I hope... hahah anyway if the Lakers win the series than there are going to be hard to beat... IF they win the series. If not than I say the winner of the mavericks/queens series is going to win the championship. I say that because the spurs are going to be to tired to take the fast pase mavericks... and the east teams are a joke! This is a great topic and I love talking about bball so keep posting and I will respond! -cheers

fastpace
05-13-2003, 07:23 PM
screw cali, just kidding, anybody from the west besides the lakers are fine with me. the lakers are cocky bastards that need a wake up call. hopefully san antonio shows up and plays good tonight.

pinoydrifter
05-13-2003, 07:53 PM
YEA.... DID YOU SEE DALLAS? My boys just handed sac a open can!! haha - cheers

ps I have to go watch the lakers game. laters-

crypticfury85
05-13-2003, 08:15 PM
Someone must stop the Lakers... you can do it Duncan!!

Sanchi
05-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Dam lakers are lozeing by 10 points ATM, i know they do need a wake up call but if that take it this year then they deserve it!!! If they beat the Spurs then no one can stop them!!! Its the Spurs or the Lakers this year!!

Got Sileighty?
05-13-2003, 09:49 PM
my lakers are losing by 16 at start of 4th :( :( :( :( :( ....i want them to win at least one more because:
1) theyll be the first team since teh celtics in the 60s to win 4 in a row.
2) phil jackson would have his 10th ring, beating out auerbach, also of the 60s celtics.
3) cuz i said so

ok gotta go back and watch. they better be down by less than 10 now....i hope:(

Jeff240sx
05-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Got Sileighty?
ok gotta go back and watch. they better be down by less than 10 now....i hope:(

9 with 4:40 left...
-Jeff

Woo! 4!!

pinoydrifter
05-13-2003, 09:58 PM
YEA..... LAKERS WITHIN 4!! ....... YOU CAN'T STOP KOBE!:D

pinoydrifter
05-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Horry = whorry hahaha

what a good game though! So have your opinions changed?

Strider
05-13-2003, 11:32 PM
bah! its okay. So Horry didn't make the shot this time. They coming back to L.A next game I think. So GOO LAKERS.

hey Phillip I strongly believe that Mav. have a good chance on beating the Spurs if the Spurs beat the lakers this series, only because like people say, mav's are a "street Ball team" they are a way faster pace team which can cause problems for duncan and robinson running the court. Plus I personally think Dirk is a more explosive player then duncan, and the fact that he can hit those outside shots, drawing any player to the outside is lethal especially when its big men like duncan who ain''t as quick as Dirk.
But thats juss my opinion. :D

DRFT
05-14-2003, 12:09 AM
I hate to say it but it seems like lakers mite do it again...but i do like Kobe but the rest...bleh. Horry looks like will Smith, Rick fox looks like a fag and the fact that doug Christey did sock him right in the jaw, fischer...well i just dont like him, Shaw he has a big head, and Shaq...he just to dumb heh. "its crunch time!" "Welcome to the palace!" radio SHAQ...please heh

fastpace
05-14-2003, 01:33 AM
my opinions are still pretty much the same, but the lakers surprised the hell out of me. It is going to go in 7. But I still like san antonio. dallas will still lose to san antonio if everything goes right.

Phlip
05-14-2003, 07:50 AM
I invested some thought into this... Kobe won and lost that game last night by NOT jumping into Bruce Bowen and taking that foul that they would have HAD to call on the three pointer he passed off to Horry, who FUCKED it up. WHY!!??! Anyways, my predictions will be the same, the Lakers have shown San Antonio that they can't be held down now and that there is no real answer for a 4th quarter Kobe, even big deficits and short time. This will go 7 games and I can't call a clear winner (always been a lakers fan, but I ain't stupid) at this point. I do know this, if the spurs win, they will meet Dallas (I stand behind Sac-Town not winning Without webber) but they will be TIRED off of a win. The lakers, however will beat hell out of whomever they get, if they get out of texas alive. In the eastern conference, the remaining series that isn't over yet, the case is largely the same as with the lakers-spurs series: We are getting GREAT basketball and drama, but it all working to wear each other down for the eastern conference finals, where the nets are waiting and will have a week and a half to rest and sweep the winner. So far, this has been an entertaining playoffs.

ca18guy
05-14-2003, 11:11 AM
DAMMIT! I went searching for the last b-ball thread were I told PHLIP that the lakers would never make it past the spurs and whom ever else happened along, and he said no way :( I wanted to rub that in his face when the spurs win!
Anyway, I haven't had time to gamble lately :o so I haven't been following as closely, but IMHO the winner of the SA/LA seris will go to the finals and I think the East can win atleast 2 games in the finals this year against any of the remaining teams, which is an improvement :rolleyes: :p

Phlip
05-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ca18guy
DAMMIT! I went searching for the last b-ball thread were I told PHLIP that the lakers would never make it past the spurs and whom ever else happened along, and he said no way :( I wanted to rub that in his face when the spurs win!
Anyway, I haven't had time to gamble lately :o so I haven't been following as closely, but IMHO the winner of the SA/LA seris will go to the finals and I think the East can win atleast 2 games in the finals this year against any of the remaining teams, which is an improvement :rolleyes: :p
And I remember that thread and I elected not to argue, and I won't now... I agree that the only team that CAN beat the lakers in a series is the spurs. I do NOT, however, agree that the east winner (I predict NJ) will win 2 games, I say one at the most... I'm not a gambler, too poor for that.

DarkRaptor42
05-14-2003, 12:01 PM
My prediction:

Lakers are gonna get beat buy SA, Sac will win games 5 and 6 by a VERY small point margin. SA gets BEAT DOWN by sac. Webber returns in the finals and the KIngs sweep the eastern team.

Heres my proof. THe Kings in the last few games havent played like the kings. Adleman will have a nice long talk with them agian, Pollard and christy will step up and they will win. Think about it.

However both LA and Sac look like Poop in these games. I dont know what happened to either team. But Sac will come out on top.

ca18guy
05-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by PHLIP
And I remember that thread and I elected not to argue, and I won't now... I agree that the only team that CAN beat the lakers in a series is the spurs. I do NOT, however, agree that the east winner (I predict NJ) will win 2 games, I say one at the most... I'm not a gambler, too poor for that.

I agree, no point in arguing over the future. I'll just cross my fingers and stand behind my predictions :D

Phlip
05-14-2003, 12:12 PM
I agree, no point in arguing over the future. I'll just cross my fingers and stand behind my predictions :D
And I don't have a problem with that, I'm just liking the fact that before everyone had written the lakers' season off as a failure, and now, even as a 5th seed NO ONE wanted to have to play them and they are showing why. Even thought they lost the game last night, the spurs have to be wondering what it will take to put them away and keep them away. That's why I like basketball more than football.

fastpace
05-15-2003, 08:07 PM
one more quarter. the game is so suspenseful. hopefully the spurs can pull it off.:)

Strider
05-15-2003, 08:25 PM
my gawd! the lakers lost!!! I know it ain't over, but they 15+ behind! OHH MAN!!! everyone pray for some kind of Laker victory, cause i know even God is on his knee's praying.:rolleyes:

fastpace
05-15-2003, 08:35 PM
it's over. the lakers have no kind of chance. they put shaq on the bench with 5 min left. I am so happy now. Now it is the mavs turn to do the same.:D

DarkRaptor42
05-15-2003, 11:27 PM
OH!!! WHO THE MAN!!! YOU LAKER LOVERS WERE WRONG!!!! KOBE CRIED LIKE A GIRL!!! KINGS WIN BABY!!! GAME 7 IS OURS!!! THE MAVS ARE SO TIRED THEY WONT BE ABLE TO HIT ANYTHING!! Lets go back and look at MY prediction which looks completly accurate. Lakers lose and KINGS! will be victorious.

Sorry fellas, but hey, support SAC lets at least keep the win in Cali eh?

GO KINGS!

pinoydrifter
05-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Guys.... Don't you respect kobe for loving the game so much that he cries like that. I mean everyone considers crying as a sign of weakness, but to me that is just a sign of passion! I like kobe's game ... but I am not a kobe lover.... But I just have to stand up for him on this one (even though he played like crap..haha).- cheers:D

Rockenreno
05-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by DarkRaptor42
GO KINGS!
indeed

The Kings have pushed it to 7, now we have to take it home in Dallas. I just hope Dirk keeps whining for not getting any calls during his floptastic "defense". I'm also ecstatic the Lakers are gone, those cocky bastards deserved to be ousted, though I would have liked the Kings to finish them off... To Dallas!

ca18guy
06-13-2003, 07:06 PM
I think the East can win atleast 2 games in the finals this year

Originally posted by PHLIP
I do NOT, however, agree that the east winner (I predict NJ) will win 2 games, I say one at the most...

*cough* *cough*

:D

fastpace
06-13-2003, 09:15 PM
the nets are a scary team, but the spurs can win whenever they want