PDA

View Full Version : Why did you get your 240?

nokeone
05-12-2003, 07:55 PM
i'm just wondering why everyone got their 240...

what were your goals, dreams, inspirations, aspirations...

achieved?..in progress?..given up?

yeah i'm bored at work...:)

mofo240
05-12-2003, 08:27 PM
i got mine for my b-day. besides that i wanted somethin different. i got tired of seeing a bunch of hondas and didn't want to be another honda driver.:D

Ricer240sx
05-12-2003, 08:36 PM
i got mine because i want to learn to drift, i am in the way begining prosses of learning so......but i hope to be ok by mid summer of next year

also i always hear how RWD cars handle better, and to tell u the truth, this is one of my dream cars :D ,so now i am living a dream :D

AKADriver
05-12-2003, 09:02 PM
This was sorta covered in another post, but what the hell...

I was introduced to the 240SX by some people in another internet community about... 6 years ago.

It's just one of a lot of cars that are on my list of favorites. I had the opportunity to get a 240SX in the late winter/early spring of 2002, so I did.

I like that it's a cheap, simple, modern rear-drive platform, with a permanent fixed roof. The 240SX, S13 especially, has been described as having foolproof handling - it's a great learning tool, and that's exactly what I've been using my car for. Both learning high performance driving, and learning to do my own maintenance/modifications/repairs.

BOOSTLOVER
05-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I was looking for a winter car and saw a add for a 89 240sx 170,000 miles. I went to look at it and it was in great shape and ran perfect, the guy had no clue what he had. A 55 year old guy owned it and before him his 52 year old neighbor got it new. I gave him $300 to hold it and the next day when I came with the check he said he got about 15 calls on it. I picked it up for $1,800:D .

My goal, it was to make it one of the best handeling cars in town. But thats going a little slow cuz I found a 99 gsx and I want to make it one of the quickest cars in town. So the 240 is for now my backup car but it will have its turn:) .

Ricer240sx
05-12-2003, 10:05 PM
nooooooooooooooooo, leave that broken tranny alone and stick to the 240 :D lol

BOOSTLOVER
05-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Ricer240sx
nooooooooooooooooo, leave that broken tranny alone and stick to the 240 :D lol

So far it's just a broken clutch:p .

nokeone
05-12-2003, 10:40 PM
very cool...:)

thanks everyone

and sorry if it was covered in another post...my bad..

as for me...drifting..all about the drifting...;)

Chernobyl
05-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Super Street told me 240's are JDM TYTE and that I should get one and go do some drifting, yo!

No, in reality I used to have a 240z and althogh I loved that car I wanted something more modern (read: less rust) that still had the spirit of a sports car. I like my nissans, so 240sx it was... RWD nissan for life.

DRFT
05-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by nokeone
very cool...:)

thanks everyone

and sorry if it was covered in another post...my bad..

as for me...drifting..all about the drifting...;)

Nice signature ...Does she come w/black hair?:D heh

willcheung
05-13-2003, 03:46 AM
Reasons of choose owning and driving S14 240sx

RWD
VIN start with a J
Torque
To shut my friend up who drives an AE86
Pick up chicks
Got it cheap plus money back from my 99 Grand Vitara trade-in at a dealership
Easy to maintain (not like 3Ztt)
Unique (More than half of people saw my car don't even have a clue what car is it).
It is a keeper (never going to sale it)

Steeles
05-13-2003, 07:07 AM
wanted rwd
couldnt afford a MKIV supra
couldnt find a TT 300zx I liked
was having fun driving my little brothers hatch while I looked saw a black 5 speed 95 SE I could afford.

original plans, light suspension and a mostly bolt ons. kit and wheels. didnt think I could afford a turbo. almost three years and the price of the car later its sitting at the house with a blown turbo on a JDM motor sittin on blown apexi world sports stock wheels and half a kit and no AC

Warwick5s
05-13-2003, 11:22 AM
i wanted something that wasn't a volkswagen this time (after 5), could hold a decent amount of music gear, was reliable, easy to work on, and something i'd enjoy driving. locally, my options were a 91 CRX si (too small) a 90 civic si (too expensive for it's condition) and the 240sx. after i drove the 240 my exact thought was: "Holy fsck. why the hell have i been driving front drivers all this time?" it was like an epiphany :) i've gotten quite used to FR now, and i'm now trying to convert all my friends to older japanese RWD cars.

even though i'm starting to mod her slowly, her main job is still going to be getting myself and my bass equipment to gigs, so i can't do anything crazy with her, cos it is my only car.

Nismogirlie
05-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Well for one I wanted to be different, I'm not into the riced out honda/acura stuff and last but not least THEY ARE DAMN SEXY!!!!!!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p69fe94f8e6ed56f9023a2edfadb2b78d/fc30d9bf.jpg

Dousan_PG
05-13-2003, 01:04 PM
i needed a new car
too many option videos
i had very little money
wanted to learn something new and get into track events and such
part availability was nice

Jsquared
05-13-2003, 01:33 PM
was looking for a lightweight RWD car. MR2 turbos were one of my favorite, but the engine bay is really cramped. 3rd-gen RX-7s (my dream car) are still out of my price range and it's hard to find one that's been owned by a knowledgable rotary person. didn't want a 944 turbo because my dad already has one and then i'd just be a copy-cat :D couldn't find an AE86 anywere. all the 2nd-gen turboII RX-7s i saw for sale were beat and owned by morons. i knew about the SR swap, decided to research it (about 2 yrs ago) and i was hooked. now i have a project underway :D

Sniper-X
05-14-2003, 02:22 AM
I got my 240 because I watched initial D and wanted to become a Mad TyTe DrIfTeR Yo! All the chicks dig it so I wanted to be like that. and I saw all the super cool ones in Import tuner with the models on them and thought to myself....i want girls like that...so I need a car like that. Plus i wanted to put some cool *** LED washers, under neons, altezzas, and do an SR20 SWAP cuz that guy Fast and the Furious was talking about them, since they're a premium during race warz.

No.....really.

nurspecsil
05-14-2003, 02:25 AM
I wanted to buy an S14 about three years ago. i loved that it was RWD and I liked the handling. I researched it saw that there was a good aftermarket for it and lots you can do to it.

Unfortunately too expensive at the time seeing as how I was in highschool so I did my first project, an 89 Honda CRX, when i was finished with the crx I made enough money on it that I could afford an S14 so I bought one and here I am. In a lot of debt but never happier!!

F3600
05-14-2003, 11:16 AM
I needed a car for school and i was watching initial D...
I tried to find an AE86 but in canada these car are really rare soo the first 240Sx i have seen i buyed it for 1500 $ (Never do that)

well i dont regret my move because i falled in love with this car like everyone else on zilvia :o

I will never going back to FF cars .. i hate to drive my dad oldsmobile :D

Thrill Capsule
05-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Bought a 89 coupe back in 2000 cause I needed something reliable and commuter friendly. Fell in love with it. Wrecked it in Feb 02 with 190k on it and it ran perfect.

Bought 92 Talon TSi after that and hated it and had nothing but problems with it. Sold it 2 months ago.

Bought a 90 fb right after selling the DSM, cause I missed my s13 so much. Now I am happy again:D