PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust law

S14_Kouki
10-19-2009, 09:51 PM
So my friend just got a email from his parents stating that. The FL law will now give out a $250 ticket and a moving violation for any loud exhaust. That went up from the $100 fine non moving violation ticket. Damn the man taking our money its just insane. So has anyone else heard this. How are the laws still in the other states are they the same??? or has anyone heard anything change???

S14DB
10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I heard that the bird is the word...

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=316.272&URL=CH0316/Sec272.HTM)

S14_Kouki
10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Ok dont cops HAVE to give you a decibel level test before they give you a ticket????

Sil-Abc
10-19-2009, 10:35 PM
iirc..... no

S14DB
10-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Ok dont cops HAVE to give you a decibel level test before they give you a ticket????

No, it's subjective. But, you can get you car tested and take it to court to get it thrown out.

Pactin
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Gotta pay to play! If you don't like it, write your congressman, otherwise deal with it.

Persona
10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
WTF? A Moving violation really? Wow

negrosx13
10-19-2009, 11:45 PM
WOw that really sucks!!!

kingkilburn
10-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Why is it that motorcycles and muscle cars can be loud as shit but imports can't?

Semi rhetorical btw

blitzsti22
10-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Why is it that motorcycles and muscle cars can be loud as shit but imports can't?

Semi rhetorical btw

yea whats up with that

ms!3
10-20-2009, 12:07 AM
bitching really isn't going to going to do anything. all you can do is follow the laws or pay the ticket.

zylvia213
10-20-2009, 12:12 AM

Semi rhetorical btw

bikes can be loud because they need to be heard out on the road by other drivers.

As for muscle cars.... I'ved always wondered that aswell. I guess cops thinks hot rods are for big boys and imports are for pussies... :bigok:

No they dont.... atleast here in Cali. Law states if its an aftermarket part regardless if its quite or low its considered modified. Needs to be factory specs no matter what. Ones you change any part on your car and its not factory spec then its illegal.

So my friend just got a email from his parents stating that. The FL law will now give out a $250 ticket and a moving violation for any loud exhaust. That went up from the $100 fine non moving violation ticket. Damn the man taking our money its just insane. So has anyone else heard this. How are the laws still in the other states are they the same??? or has anyone heard anything change???

Here in cali they use to be fix it tickets... well atleast in some cities in cali. Some cities here you have to pay the fine which is around $250 and will keep going up if you continue getting them. Some other cities still do fix it tickets where you just pay i believe like $15 to get it signed off but you gota change your exhaust.... but if you have an SR or what not under the hood or if you car is too low they will get you for that. Its wack now you gota be careful. Freaken cops ! :mephfawk:

Matej
10-20-2009, 01:36 AM
bikes can be loud because they need to be heard out on the road by other drivers.
No they don't. They just want that loud and tough image, yet they are whiny pansies who feel like they deserve special treatment. Plus it would be just as if not more beneficial to them if they could hear the cars approaching, instead of them making noise everywhere and waking me up at 6 a.m. every morning just because they are going through midlife crisis.

fliprayzin240sx
10-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Sweet...FL is the new CA!!!

S14_Kouki
10-20-2009, 09:16 AM
No, it's subjective. But, you can get you car tested and take it to court to get it thrown out.

What if you request it right there at the stop???

Gotta pay to play! If you don't like it, write your congressman, otherwise deal with it.

Your not cool. I gotta pay to play that applies to buying parts NOT paying dumb ass tickets.

Sweet...FL is the new CA!!!

We have been for a couple years now its just no one realizes.

VROOOM
10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Your not cool. I gotta pay to play that applies to buying parts NOT paying dumb ass tickets.

it applies to CA's stupid laws too(and i guess FL too). wait till they start giving out ref tickets in FL. then you really have to pay to play.

Persona
10-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Ref tickets arent going to happen anytime soon, sorry to burst you cali boy's bubble.

The only thing that bothers me about this law is the moving violation, that's BS. They are attaching it to anything they want these days.

S14_Kouki
10-20-2009, 09:34 AM
What is this REF thing??? You know theres no point to these stupid ass tickets they are not going to do shit except make our life harder. Next years theres going to be millions of new drivers on the road and at least half of them are going to put exhaust on there car so giving out these expensive tickets is not helping anything.

This is the government saying Hey we will not raise taxs but.... we WILL raise all the tickets by $150 .

Kouki_Love
10-20-2009, 09:57 AM
This is the government saying Hey we will not raise taxs but.... we WILL raise all the tickets by $150 .

Those were the same words of my judge 3 days ago when i took my exhaust ticket to court... The dumbass untrained cop wrote the wrong statute and i got my ticket dismissed.. my car is not even loud at all. i have a 3in apexi on a stock ka and he pulled me over when i was stopped at a light... cops are just dicks and feel like they are on a power ride... and then they wonder why they all get shot.... :madfawk:

!Zar!
10-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Why are all you Failoridans bitching about a simple exhaust ticket? Are you all upset because you can't brag about running open straight pipe anymore? Loud exhaust is annoying to people. Plain and simple. For some reason people think loud exhaust = hp. Run something stock or keep your exhaust stock. Either that or figure out your guys exhaust law better that way you car outfit your car properly with whatever you need.

Better hope your state doesn't implement a State Ref program. ;)

Semi rhetorical btw
Who said that bikes get away with loud exhaust? Bikes are constantly getting pulled over for loud exhaust.

As for muscle cars.... I'ved always wondered that aswell. I guess cops thinks hot rods are for big boys and imports are for pussies... :bigok:
Ehh, True that louder exhaust helps you be heard, but only if you are behind them. They aren't that loud if you are in front.

Muscle cars get tickets also. Yet again I know many people who complain about getting harassed by the police. Maybe the older cars don't get harassed as much due to them not having as harsh noise restrictions in the past when they came out?
No they don't. They just want that loud and tough image, yet they are whiny pansies who feel like they deserve special treatment. Plus it would be just as if not more beneficial to them if they could hear the cars approaching, instead of them making noise everywhere and waking me up at 6 a.m. every morning just because they are going through midlife crisis.

Oakland PD fitted their bikes with louder exhaust so that they can be heard. True fact.

Daniel.
10-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Why are all you Failoridans bitching about a simple exhaust ticket? Are you all upset because you can't brag about running open straight pipe anymore? Loud exhaust is annoying to people. Plain and simple. For some reason people think loud exhaust = hp. Run something stock or keep your exhaust stock. Either that or figure out your guys exhaust law better that way you car outfit your car properly with whatever you need.

Better hope your state doesn't implement a State Ref program. ;)

Who said that bikes get away with loud exhaust? Bikes are constantly getting pulled over for loud exhaust.

Ehh, True that louder exhaust helps you be heard, but only if you are behind them. They aren't that loud if you are in front.

Muscle cars get tickets also. Yet again I know many people who complain about getting harassed by the police. Maybe the older cars don't get harassed as much due to them not having as harsh noise restrictions in the past when they came out?

Oakland PD fitted their bikes with louder exhaust so that they can be heard. True fact.

Don't forget how many times they pulled a Brett Favre when installing/uninstalling those exhausts too haha.

Persona
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Wait is this a car forum? Check

Is this a Car related topic? Check

Does it affect what we do as a hobby? Check

Oh my, us "Failoridans" shouldn't be upset with a new exhaust law, let alone one that can put points on your DL. Sorry if Cali laws are different and your used to them, but you are choosing to live there and that includes the laws they have put in place as well. Here in Florida, we've been living with different laws, so this is a big change.

kingkilburn
10-20-2009, 01:19 PM
So do something about it.

Persona
10-20-2009, 01:24 PM
So do something about it.

Already have, called up my friend who is a sheriff asked him some questions, found out the specifics, getting parts to make a cutout so i can be quiet when i want and loud when i want. :bigok:

ronmcdon
10-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, that is pretty awful that it's considered a moving violation.
Just hope it doesn't start a trend among other states.

Even then, I would recommend to try and keep your car as sleeper as possible.
Maybe a get a less noisy exahust setup.
Loud exhausts just give you a lot more unwanted attention.
Just not worth the hassle imo.

Just got an exhaust ticket last month in CA.
I was lucky that was the only cited offense.
I'm switching over from a Blitz canister, to a Megan more stock-like exhaust.

cc4usmc
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/south-eastern-states/

S14_Kouki
10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/south-eastern-states/

:rofl::rofl::rofl: ahahahahah your so funny you should read before you post and I quote myself "How are the laws still in the other states are they the same???" im not just talking about fl.

Ceepo
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I love utah :D

!Zar!
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah.

Sorry the state won't let you run around with open down pipe and make peoples ears bleed anymore.

Stop crying about something simple like exhaust tickets. Go hunt some alligators or something.

The other states tend follow after California. So it should have only been expected to happen sooner or later.

NismoDriverS13
10-20-2009, 04:07 PM
yeaaaa......this topic is well known to me. I got a ticket for it and thought that it was not right how they issued me out a ticket and to appear in court. I told the judge that i bought the car 2 months ago and the muffler was already on it (i installed a Bee R race exhaust to my KA24e!!! haha. It was loud! setting of car alarms just driving down the street loud.) anyways the judge gave me a chance to replace it and show up at the P.D. to run a check. I swapped back to stock and the Bee R is on the shelf for now.

The officer told me that if its chrome and it shines then its modified and illegal. bs!!!
Then when I showed up at the P.D. for muffler check after reinstalling the stock exhaust, the officer came out, looked at it and says "still looks modified to me." I f*cking loled! Anyways, I paid 25 bucks instead of 125.

im thinking of running stock exhaust for street and switch to race exhaust when going to the track.

Persona
10-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Msglength.....................

cc4usmc
10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: ahahahahah your so funny you should read before you post and I quote myself "How are the laws still in the other states are they the same???" im not just talking about fl.

Damn, I missed that. Can you really blame me? After all, this is like the 10,000th thread QQing about how "unfair" states are concerning exhausts. Later alligator!

nieko
10-20-2009, 05:28 PM
did anyone read the link s14DB posted?

it says its a non-moving violation.

and since when do our parents get emails about this shit?

sounds like they're bullshitting you because they dont want to hear your loud exhaust hahah

nieko
10-20-2009, 05:29 PM
sorry misread.. the parents didnt get an email, they emailed the kid

but either way.

wtf...

Persona
10-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah my Sheriff friend just called me again and said this is BS. S14 your sources Fail HARD. lol

Matej
10-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Just make your car quiet even if it does not have to be, unless it is some performance race car or something.

Here in Missouri I could run open downpipe shooting flames with a gun turret on the roof and not get pulled over. And while N1 style exhausts are my favorite as far as looks go, I still decided to put a quiet exhaust on my car. There will always be people who want loud cars, but I do not really need one, so I will leave the loud exhausts to them. I like diversity. Plus if there are too many loud cars roaming around, it will catch the state's attention and the law would eventually start cracking down, like in many other places. And when the law starts cracking down, they always seem to go way overboard and ruin it for everyone. So I would rather not contribute to any kind of a crack-down. I just want to do my thing and not bother anyone, and in turn hopefully no one will bother me.

Now I just need some silent self-lubricating tires. :)

Persona
10-20-2009, 06:39 PM
^ Best post in this thread

nieko
10-20-2009, 06:42 PM
If its really for performance...

Get dope piping from the cat to axle back.

then have stock muffler for daily and on track days or whatever you want to do swap the party pipe on...

real legit

S14_Kouki
10-20-2009, 06:51 PM
did anyone read the link s14DB posted?

it says its a non-moving violation.

and since when do our parents get emails about this shit?

sounds like they're bullshitting you because they dont want to hear your loud exhaust hahah

He got the email 2 days ago (sunday) from his dad. They prob have not passed the law yet its prob still going thur the works. But I would not be surprised if they pulled some shit like that.

S14DB
10-20-2009, 06:57 PM
He got the email 2 days ago (sunday) from his dad. They prob have not passed the law yet its prob still going thur the works. But I would not be surprised if they pulled some shit like that.

The law has not changed since 1979. Who cares if some state rep proposed a bill.

ronmcdon
10-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Well even if you're going for all out performance on a 'street car',
how much more power are you really making?

There's a couple quiet/sleeper exhausts out there that already flow pretty well.
Adding a hi-flow cat isn't going to clog up your exhaust that bad.

Granted, I'm doing this more for selfish reasons
not getting pulled over by police, less distraction when listening to music, etc.
Even racetracks usually have some limitation as to how loud car is allowed to be.

S14_Kouki
10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Well even if you're going for all out performance on a 'street car',
how much more power are you really making?

There's a couple quiet/sleeper exhausts out there that already flow pretty well.
Adding a hi-flow cat isn't going to clog up your exhaust that bad.

Granted, I'm doing this more for selfish reasons
not getting pulled over by police, less distraction when listening to music, etc.
Even racetracks usually have some limitation as to how loud car is allowed to be.

Im not worryed anymore im going to sell my n1 put stock muffler on with electronic dump :)

Rolo7
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
not true at all, my freinds 01 camaro gets hastled all the time for being to loud. its not just the tuner world buddy its also the muscle world u just dont see it cuz ur stuck in the tuner world:rofl:

Semi rhetorical btw

kingkilburn
12-30-2009, 11:21 PM
A 2001 Camaro is not a what I'm talking about. I mean Yankos and Shelby coupes and things.

Thanks for bumping an old thread btw.

funes
12-30-2009, 11:25 PM
wow.. fuck the law!! haha

S14_Kouki
12-30-2009, 11:32 PM
wow.. fuck the law!! haha

This thread was gone like 5 years ago. Modds please lock this thread.

NismoDriverS13
12-30-2009, 11:36 PM
old thread YAY!!!

i hate cops just because they hate import cars.....

like fucking mustangs arent loud with their damn Flowmaster exhaust systems. that shit rattles my teeth when they drive by, my car is not half way loud in comparison.

we should ruin their fun too! just start bitching to cops how loud muscle cars are, eventually they gonna have to give them tickets as well. then the shit is really gonna hit the fan.

but nothing will change............cause we all say the same shit "gotta pay to play!" which is dumb in my opinion. rules should be for everyone and not for just imports. thats like being racist. but hey thats whats cops do.

Phlip
12-31-2009, 07:46 AM
:lockd:

yep

:lockd: