PDA

View Full Version : Boy floats away in a homemade balloon, by accident, he needs rescue!

tricky_ab
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...39/detail.html (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21306839/detail.html)

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- A 6-year-old boy is floating over northeastern Colorado in a homebuilt balloon and authorities are racing to try and rescue him.

The balloon, in the shape of a flying saucer is covered in foil and filled with helium. It has a compartment for a passenger underneath. It lifted the boy into the air near Fort Collins Thursday morning after the balloon became untethered at the boy's home.
:( Damn I'm watching this right now on TV...

Live Feed, http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/l...am4&iref=lb100 (http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream4&iref=lb100)

I LUV MY S13
10-15-2009, 01:20 PM
that thing is going fast!

aziankingz
10-15-2009, 01:21 PM
lol saw that on cnn.com..shit is funny as hell

Gnnr
10-15-2009, 01:27 PM
OMG, WTF!? I'm watching this thing LIVE right now, its on every channel! lol. This is so surreal, hope they get him down safely.

DrftSLowHomIe!!
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
holy crap how the hell did he get in there?? hope he lives tru this

coww-cho!!!!!
10-15-2009, 01:32 PM
hahahah thats nuts watching on tv right now....he's probably waiting for iron man to get him or something jk

aziankingz
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
are they going to wait for the balloon to deflate? wouldnt that take a long long time? they need to get a hot air balloon up there to jump on.. i wonder what they are going to do.. kid probably shit his pants too..

coww-cho!!!!!
10-15-2009, 01:36 PM
sweet landing

enkei2k
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
haha my friend just showed me the link. its nuts!

nevertheless
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
hahahah thats nuts watching on tv right now....he's probably waiting for iron man to get him or something jk
I loled at that, looks like it landed, i bet he shit his pants when it took off. His parents are going to be pissed.

I LUV MY S13
10-15-2009, 01:43 PM
no one was on

fuk240sx
10-15-2009, 01:43 PM
hes not in the balloon....no body knows where this kid is!

I LUV MY S13
10-15-2009, 01:44 PM
well it looks like he fell out...lets hope hes ok

Gnnr
10-15-2009, 01:44 PM
OMG! :( The balloon landed and the boy was not found inside. They now suspect that he may have fallen out.

SimpleS14
10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
OMG....this is so sad, everything captured live too. =/

HyperTek
10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
hes not in it

exitspeed
10-15-2009, 01:46 PM

Crazy. Yes.

Funny. No.

NAZ
10-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Playing a little devils advocate here, the father is having work published in the near future. Could this be an elaborate scheme to promote?

tricky_ab

Really?

hes not in it

It's reported that no one was found inside the balloon. No open hatch at time of landing suggests no one was ever in the balloon at all.

HyperTek
dude the father is a fucking nutcase, chases tornados,.. and brings his kids along when they do it.. and probably named his son Falcon because of his passion for weather/aviation..

how would the boy get latched inside if someone didnt do it?

exitspeed
10-15-2009, 01:57 PM
How ironic his name is Falkon.

Gnnr
10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Thats not what they are reporting. The story is that the dad is an ex-weather chaser/weather scientist. His neighbors say that is constantly doing weather experiments. The dad and the oldest son where working on this weather balloon and one of the youngest son's hopped in the balloon and took off, it happened so fast they couldn't stop him/it from taking off. I mean imagine, its filled with helium.

jimmytango00
10-15-2009, 02:01 PM
here they are reporting that the door was unlatched since it took off.

I hope the kid is ok.

HyperTek
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
my theory, Dude freaking lost his kid while in his possession, hid it from family etc.. and decided "If i launch the balloon, ill get the whole nation looking for my son!" lol

I LUV MY S13
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
thy're saying he may have never gotten in...but then where did he go? didnt the dad see him get in?

tricky_ab
10-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Meterologist just pointed out that it wouldn't have that much lift with a six year old in it, and that if he fell out, it may have been very low. But hoax/mistake is looking more and more likely.

cserrano86
10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I bet he's gonna turn up asleep under some car.. Kids always like to play hide and seek and forget they're playing...

But I hope they find him safe... crazy..

aziankingz
10-15-2009, 02:13 PM
well it was funny before they reported that the kid may have fallen out..

tricky_ab
10-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Wait a second...these people where on TV?

The Heene family from Colorado live life on the edge. Wife Mayumi (43) and storm scientist Richard (45) take their three kids, Bradford (8), Ryo (7) and Falcon (5), out of school to go on storm chasing missions to prove Richard's theories about magnetic fields and gravity. If conditions are right, Mayumi wakes her family by shouting "Storm Approaching, Storm Approaching!" into a bullhorn. The family sleep in their clothes so they can leap out of bed and into the storm-mobile. Richard calls Mayumi his 'ninja wife'; she maintains equipment, drives the storm-mobile, films tornadoes and waits with the kids while Richard jumps on his motorbike, heads into the eye of the storm and launches rockets to measure magnetic forces. At home the family are as chaotic as a twister: the kids have no table manners and throw themselves around the house, and while Richard devotes every moment to his research, he expects Mayumi to cook, clean and run the house without any help.

http://abc.go.com/shows/wife-swap/ep...emartel/132697 (http://abc.go.com/shows/wife-swap/episode-guide/heenemartel/132697)

And these people have NO idea how to pronounce Ryo.

HyperTek
10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
it could be that the kid accidently released the ballon while no one was looking and then went into hiding in fear of getting in trouble, but he must be good at hiding lol

I LUV MY S13
10-15-2009, 02:27 PM
well if thats the case someones getting a spanking

zylvia213
10-15-2009, 02:29 PM
too bad im at work or else i would be able to relate to what you guys are discussing about

aa87
10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
i read its falcon, i read its ryo.
wtf

on a sidenote, i was raised in fort collins, lovely town

Twinchy
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
so ballon lands now and the boy is missing?!?!
where the hell did he go?

ixfxi
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
fuck that kid

DrftSLowHomIe!!
10-15-2009, 03:03 PM
it was a alien , but serious were tthe hell the kid go?

Twinchy
10-15-2009, 03:05 PM
probably went skydiving with no parachute

HyperTek
10-15-2009, 03:12 PM
lol damm
GO FALCON, GO! TEE SHIRT from Zazzle.com (http://www.zazzle.com/go_falcon_go_tshirt-235529491037592548)

tricky_ab
10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Annndddd...it's started...

http://ebd1.mirror.waffleimages.com/waffleimages/files/59/595eda51952ab90e4c1953e0f2445efc7058e25c.jpg

Matej
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Is #balloonboy the meme of the year? (http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2009/10/is-balloonboy-the-meme-of-the-year.html)

shishcabobers
10-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Too early for damn jokes. We don't even know if the kid is or alive or dead.

enkei2k
10-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Too early for damn jokes. We don't even know if the kid is or alive or dead.

+1 i think it's messed up in a way...but still kinda funny.

i really hope they find the kid and figure out where he is though

Agamemnon
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
It's a prank

Here's a pic of the boy in question
http://www.ugo.com/tv/tv-villains/images/entries/eric-cartman.jpg

JohnJohn86
10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
You know how much helium is needed to flow a 6 year old boy? A LOT MORE THAN YOU THINK. That balloon is big but far smaller to float a person, the boy was never on it. That balloon cannot lift more than 10lbs I would guess.

Mythbuster has a episode on that before.

He probably went chasing the balloon and gone missing.

HyperTek
10-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Do you guys know how much helium is needed to flow a 6 year old boy? A LOT MORE THAN YOU THINK. That balloon is big but far smaller to flow a person, the boy was never on it. That balloon cannot lift more than 10lbs I would guess.

He probably went chasing the balloon and gone missing.

i was right, they found his ass hiding in a box, damm maybe his dad beats him and he was scared he might get beaten, still should take the kids away lol
his dad probably beat his ass for messin with his precious weather equipment lol
since he likes to pull his kids out of school to go storm chasing

Agamemnon
10-15-2009, 04:20 PM
i was right, they found his ass hiding in a box,

I told you so.
http://youkilledkenny.net/images/awesomo.gif

tricky_ab
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
His parents are going to get one heck of a bill for all the services that were wasted...

Soup Nazi
10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
i was right, they found his ass hiding in a box, damm maybe his dad beats him and he was scared he might get beaten, still should take the kids away lol
his dad probably beat his ass for messin with his precious weather equipment lol
since he likes to pull his kids out of school to go storm chasing

Radio Flyer? lol

drftmark
10-15-2009, 05:08 PM
His parents are going to get one heck of a bill for all the services that were wasted...

does this happen in all cases?

hypothetical question:

If the boy WAS in it, would the parents still have to pay for the services?

SimpleS14
10-15-2009, 06:22 PM
does this happen in all cases?

hypothetical question:

If the boy WAS in it, would the parents still have to pay for the services?

Yes, the parent would still have to pay for the services.

In some cases insurance can cover most of the costs.

zenki.life
10-15-2009, 06:28 PM
wow. crazy shit. good thing hes alright.

HyperTek
10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
you guys, guess the balloon boy raps!!
nmlBPAY90MM
they rap better than souljaboy lol
but if theres any blame, its on the parents trying to put their kids in the media like that.

Wont be long til these parents loose the kids
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AheadoftheCurve/richard-heenes-business-partner-kids-put-danger/story?id=8839052

tricky_ab
10-15-2009, 08:07 PM
It's good to hear that he's alright, but he's going to catch such a ass whooping from his parents...

Dirty Habit
10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
If this kid would have stayed in that balloon he would have been the fucking gnarliest kid ever known to man.

Hands fuckin' down.

You know it. Admit it. Dont hate.

10-15-2009, 08:36 PM
It's good to hear that he's alright, but he's going to catch such a ass whooping from his parents...

Why the father is the one who thought up this weak ass publicity stunt. It was the first thing I told my wife, before they even "found" him, as soon as I found out they were on wife swap.

SYHfWZl7Bn0

X6Ir_Xejecc

juicyjay
10-15-2009, 08:58 PM
http://imgur.com/8EGuc.jpg

10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
I feel bad for these kids, I really do. The father is a nut case.

QxtFXtiUbbw

aziankingz
10-15-2009, 10:34 PM
see totally funny now that the kids ok hahaha..

Touge Noob S13
10-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Lol, those Asian kids are awsome.

Chrischeezer
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
if there was no boy in the ballon, was there ever a balloon boy?

drift freaq
10-15-2009, 11:44 PM
I feel bad for these kids, I really do. The father is a nut case.

QxtFXtiUbbw

You know what I could not agree with you more. While storm chasing can be a cool thing to do. The dad and the mom are complete lunatics. I am sure the kids are going to grow up being just as nutty if not more.

You know things look a lot different when you look at them from the perspective of being a parent and you realize rules exist because children know no bounds.

I guess that never sunk into this guys head, he also seems to really not want to take responsibility for the media storm this has created and live with the fact that this is a consequence. I hear child services knocking at his front door.

SochBAT
10-15-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not even going to lie, I wanted that kid to fall outta the balloon.

Why?

Blame it on the parents for their negligence. I called publicity stunt when i first heard about it (on twitter)

kouki fanatic
10-16-2009, 09:28 AM
^^i agree with soooshi

ClutchKickThatBitch
10-16-2009, 09:48 AM
YOu guys have it all wrong he saw the move up and go inspired by it hahahaha

zylvia213
10-16-2009, 10:04 AM
agree with what you guys are saying but the part when you said "i wanted the kid to fall outta the balloon" I dont agree to that.... I guess being a parent you would never want to see somethine like that happen to a kid specially to your own kid. Hopefully this will open the parents eyes and be more careful with their kids.

S14_Kouki
10-16-2009, 10:26 AM
could this be the greatest prank/hide and seek game of 2009

enkei2k
10-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Falcon said he had heard his family calling his name.

"You did?" the boy's mother, Mayumi Heenehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33340547/ns/us_news-life#), said.

"Why didn't you come out?" Richard Heene said.

Falcon answered, "You had said that we did this for the show."

kids...they can be so honest some times... GG

Gnnr
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
You know what I could not agree with you more. While storm chasing can be a cool thing to do. The dad and the mom are complete lunatics. I am sure the kids are going to grow up being just as nutty if not more.

You know things look a lot different when you look at them from the perspective of being a parent and you realize rules exist because children know no bounds.

I guess that never sunk into this guys head, he also seems to really not want to take responsibility for the media storm this has created and live with the fact that this is a consequence. I hear child services knocking at his front door.

Ehh, one part of me agrees but one part doesn't. Its kind of like when Steve Irwin was near a croc with his baby...some people are trained professionals and to them its perfectly normal they understand the risk and know how to handle the situation. Some people are going to have parents that are into extreme sports/hobbies and they're going to get their kids into it. I tend to agree with you drift freaq, just playing a little devil's advocate here to see if you get my drift.

10-16-2009, 01:39 PM
^What risk? This was just a publicity stunt by a nut case attention seeking father, and I use that word very loosely, that basically taught his kids it's ok to lie. The whole story was fabricated weeks before this even happened by this crackhead just to scheme a way to get back in the lime light.

Gnnr
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
^What risk?

The whole family went storm chasing in a hurricane.

10-16-2009, 01:54 PM

Oh I thought you meant in regards to ballonboy. I agree with drift freaq they are complete lunatics.

drift freaq
10-16-2009, 02:47 PM

While I see your point, I still feel its a little immature/nutty on the parents part. They are putting their children in harms way for the sake of their own thrill seeking. Oh and he is teaching his kid to lie if it suits him for the outcome. i.e. ends justifies the means. Which is basically amoral. Great!

I don't see this guy as a professional storm chaser either. I have watched professional storm chasers. They usually outfit their vehicles to handle all kinds of shit and they don't take their family along.

Oh and I don't consider storm chasing a extreme sport lol. Kids are not going to win awards for being storm chasers. Nor are they going to pick up sponsorships because they excel.

SexPanda
10-16-2009, 03:58 PM
So he was found in a box in the attic after a good 8 or so hours. Hes a pretty good hidenseeker. But, he still has a long ways to go before he can beat the champion.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_U3s_dmo5lKA/SadorhC9pAI/AAAAAAAABQ4/3XJ4LomtTGs/s400/anne+frank.jpg

zenki.life
10-16-2009, 04:05 PM
So he was found in a box in the attic after a good 8 or so hours. Hes a pretty good hidenseeker. But, he still has a long ways to go before he can beat the champion.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_U3s_dmo5lKA/SadorhC9pAI/AAAAAAAABQ4/3XJ4LomtTGs/s400/anne+frank.jpg

that picture is completely uncalled for. i like making fun of jewish people as much as the next guy(affectionately)

however that post is completely ridiculous. if you have ever seen the movie it will show you just how fucked up the situation completely was.

i know you probably did not mean to invoke the foul feelings you did however you need to think before you speak

ixfxi
10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
anne frank is jewish???!?!?

i thought she was nigerian. i received an e-mail from someone named anne frank saying that they needed to deposit 650,000.00 USD into my bank account. i gave them my business bank information and then never heard from her again.

must be really good at hide and seek, i guess.

SexPanda
10-16-2009, 06:27 PM
ixfxi: That was a tasteless joke, think before you speak... uh... watch the movie. Jeez this is the internet, people come here to seek truthful information, intelligent debate and nothing in bad taste.

zenki.life: lol r u srs? You really don't see the humor in the comparison between the two?

Anne Frank: Hid in attic for years from natzees
Falcon the Balloon Boy: Hid in attic for hours from parents
Very similar situations

I will admit, it was a extremely tasteless joke, but hey. If your going to get all buttsore at every tasteless joke on the internet...

kyoru
10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
great ending, that kid is gonna get a spanking

HyperTek
10-16-2009, 07:24 PM
great ending, that kid is gonna get a spanking

yeah, from spilling the secret after the event lol, he was probably gonna get a new bike before he said that lol jk jk

Cant blame the kid... but the dad should have played it off better.. like been more calm and say something like "well you know how kids are, hes only 6 with a big imagination" blah blah.

HyperTek
10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
6QDzPjjoq8Y

heres the 911 call lol
http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/player/audio/101609_balloon_911_v2.mp3
she says its a "flying saucer"
haha only a silly foreign lady would marry this guy lol you can tell she has a low self esteem.

TMZ all over this
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=64255483

drift freaq
10-17-2009, 12:28 AM
ixfxi: That was a tasteless joke, think before you speak... uh... watch the movie. Jeez this is the internet, people come here to seek truthful information, intelligent debate and nothing in bad taste.

zenki.life: lol r u srs? You really don't see the humor in the comparison between the two?

Anne Frank: Hid in attic for years from natzees
Falcon the Balloon Boy: Hid in attic for hours from parents
Very similar situations

I will admit, it was a extremely tasteless joke, but hey. If your going to get all buttsore at every tasteless joke on the internet...

Ah ixfxi is Jewish he can say what ever he wants about this subject which is he has a right to. The joke was tasteless,offensive and racist in a sense.

Maybe you should take a few lessons of what you do and don't say in public.

To many people throw comments around about Jewish people without thinking about the fact they are racial comments and usually offensive.

I am not Jewish but I have Jewish friends. If they make a comment about themselves, that is their right, its not your right.

Oh and before you cry about me commenting about it realize that if you said certain comments about other Nationalities or races you would be getting pinked for those comments. Its no fucking different.

Oh and I am not butthurt I just get tired of people hiding through excuses for being socially ignorant.

On top of that Nazi's is spelled like I wrote it. Not Natzees which sounds like some kind of cracker. LOL

SochBAT
10-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Dave, you always speak the truth. LOL.

YAHTZEE!!!!!!!!

BUt really, fucking stunt from the get-go. Jesus should throw some storms on them when they're sleeping.

Daniel.
10-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Why the fuck is everyone getting butthurt over the Anne Frank comment. Her ethnicity was not even brought up in the joke.

THE JOKE WAS SOMEWHAT TASTELESS, but come the fuck on it's the internet.

I LOL'd when I saw the pic.

SexPanda
10-17-2009, 02:07 PM
lol ^ Im with what Daniel said. I know how to spell Nazi, hell I even know what its short for in german. I can't spell that though.

It was a tasteless joke, but a joke nonetheless. When did I ever make fun of anyone Jewish? I just said she was the world champion of hide and seek... Which she still is. I stand by my original comment.

Balloon Kid has nothing on her when it comes to hide and seek.

Sileighty_DRFT89
10-17-2009, 02:31 PM
so this guy is a complete nut job. I believe he did it just for media attention cause he was on wifeswap and stuff and prolly figured no one knows who I am anymore I wanna be on tv again so I'll plan this hoax. I heard that reporters asked the kid why he was in the attic and he said cause daddy told me too and if i came out I would get in trouble. what a nut job father. guy has some serious issues. poor kids are prolly gonna sadly end up like him

HyperTek
10-19-2009, 01:55 AM
so the family is now facing criminal charges lol

I LUV MY S13
10-19-2009, 02:12 AM
so it turned out to be a prank then ehh

JEDIs13
10-19-2009, 02:58 AM
balloon boy rap video is ridiculous.
they need to take those kids away from the parents

CrimsonRockett
10-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that fucking foil balloon wasn't big enough to lift that kids weight?

I LUV MY S13
10-19-2009, 03:09 AM
^^i was thinking the same thing too

ixfxi
10-19-2009, 09:47 AM
ixfxi is currently building an s13 hatch shaped balloon in his garage.

S14_Kouki
10-19-2009, 10:17 AM
ixfxi is currently building an s13 hatch shaped balloon in his garage.

Are you going to bring Mexican children over the boarder in it??

JEDIs13
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that fucking foil balloon wasn't big enough to lift that kids weight?

thats what i thought when i first saw the video..

it takes off so slow i think a 25 pound weight would have held it down.

no way that thing was taking off with a say 60 pound kid in it

ThatGuy
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Parents are being investigated.

Possibly being charged with "Corruption of a Minor" and such for the Hoax.

Dumbass spotlight whores.

SexPanda
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Parents are being investigated.

Possibly being charged with "Corruption of a Minor" and such for the Hoax.

Dumbass spotlight whores.

*Like*

So yeah thats basically whats up with that whole situation. I read on Fox News that it was just to get attention from reality TV types... What the fuck is with some people?:wtf:

exitspeed
10-19-2009, 03:08 PM
They are also possibly being charged with felonies and will have to pay restitution. Could serve a maximum of 6 years in prison. Damn right.

God they kind of people piss me off.

tricky_ab
10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
They are also possibly being charged with felonies and will have to pay restitution. Could serve a maximum of 6 years in prison. Damn right.

God they kind of people piss me off.

I really hope that these attention whores get the book thrown at them...

HyperTek
10-21-2009, 12:56 AM
so this guy called 911 last week to find out what the cops would do??
The Original 'Balloon Boy' 911 Call | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/20/the-original-balloon-boy-911-call/)

this clip is different than the one where his wife called.

LeftNutOfGowd
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicannefrankblah.png

Blurryeyes
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2319/untitswk8.jpg

aziankingz
10-21-2009, 02:14 PM
well you know what.. they got the attention they wanted and are continuing to get that attention they sought after.. thanks to the media and investigators for blowing it up (no pun intended).. they will probably always be known for the hoax and could be one of those that goes down in history - just shows how retarded the media is.. i heard they had it on every channel.. that is pretty nuts..

i just feel bad if anything really does happen to one of the kids or them..bc this is exactly like the boy who cried wolf.. also feel bad for the kid that is forever known as balloon boy..

SexPanda
10-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh god that is the single funniest thing I've seen all day lmfao. Im seriously laughing so hard im crying.:Ownedd:

Anyhow, these people shouldn't be allowed to have kids. But you know what, they'll go to prison, and when they get out, you know what they'll have? A reality show. I guarantee it.

HyperTek
10-21-2009, 02:34 PM
you guys are right, media is givin this guy show time
Inside the Mind of a Mad Scientist (MySpace Exclusive) Video by TMZ - MySpace Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=64413987)

tricky_ab
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
you guys are right, media is givin this guy show time
Inside the Mind of a Mad Scientist (MySpace Exclusive) Video by TMZ - MySpace Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=64413987)

If the damn media did not give the attention that they are after, we wouldn't have a issue...

HyperTek
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM
im watching tv and they say they got video of richard hunting for the balloon to use..

so this was a well thought of haux, they must have planned to make all these videos to support it so they can release them over time and make their 15 minutes of fame last a lil longer..