PDA

View Full Version : wild ALMS finale at laguna seca

allmotorking
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
you guys see this carnage on the final lap?

ALMS Laguna Seca finale (http://www.livesockets.com/article.php?id=2476&siteID=)

whiterps13
10-12-2009, 06:50 PM
What a great race.
Couldnt have ended an awesome season any better.

Sk8Nautique
10-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I was surprised that they didnt penalize the porsche for running the vette up the wall for about 200+ yds and then taking his ass out dale earnhart style into the wall,even if he did give a lil bump before exiting the final turn.

karl wasabi
10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I've been trying to find interviews with those drivers. I'm sure the Corvette driver was pissed.

S13SILVIA|E46M3
10-12-2009, 07:29 PM
That was a exciting race with a dirty ending. At least the vette was ahead for 1 sec before the crash.

let5l1de
10-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I was surprised that they didnt penalize the porsche for running the vette up the wall for about 200+ yds and then taking his ass out dale earnhart style into the wall,even if he did give a lil bump before exiting the final turn.

lol @ NASCAR Reference...

Bergmeister was over protecting the lead (not his line) which is understandable but not at the cost of wrecking Magnussen. Love the Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche but damn... JOERG

GSXRJJordan
10-12-2009, 07:58 PM
That's nasty... poor sportsmanship on both parts.

mrchomponthis
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Bergmeister had every right to drive him to the inside, Magnussen tried the good ol bump and run. I would have ran him in the wall earlier.

WhiteTE72GT
10-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I saw it on speed. Very exciting, given the circumstances I probably would have drove him to the wall too. Although the corvette was a stronger car.

Flicktitty
10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Me any my girl watched the race. the last 10 min was real good i thought.

i still think it's BS he ran him into the wall. Trying to protect your line and the win is 1 thing, driving a car into a wall potentially injuring someone is a whole differant thing.

Flybert
10-13-2009, 06:39 PM
The vette bumped the porsche on corner exit pushing him offline and slowing him down. The Porsche rightfully decided to defend his position after that. I watched it on replay a million times on my DVR and you never see the porsche turn into the vette to cause the crash. The vette had it coming. Karma is a bitch.

It's just too bad he didn't pull off the pass on the previous laps without the shortcut. That shit was ballsy and awesome.

Homer_Simpson
10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Bergmeister had every right to drive him to the inside, Magnussen tried the good ol bump and run. I would have ran him in the wall earlier.
I would too.

longfellow
10-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm still undecided on how I feel about the ending of the race. Magnussons driving was fucking awesome though.

YoungGun
10-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm also unsure on how I feel about that.

Seems like the vette driver was being too aggressive though.

junkyiv
10-13-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm also unsure on how I feel about that.

Seems like the vette driver was being too aggressive though.

Come-On Cody! Too aggressive? It's F'ing racing, not croquet! Too aggressive was Jorg CLEARLY driving Mag ACCROSS the track and subsequently applying a "PIT Maneuver" on the Vette. That was poor judgement and poor sportsmanship on his part, I don't care what any of you say. Had he NOT been bumped he probably would have done the same thing in an act of desperation on that final sprint. He KNEW he was going to be overtaken and decided to resort to dirty tactics to prevent himself from losing. Anyone see the Porsche/Ferrari shoving match in the last lap of, I believe, Road Atlanta earlier this year? Similar situation, less extreme outcome.
Rubbin' is Racin' but that was just a bit to hard of a rub.

mrchomponthis
10-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I can't argue enough "bump and run" is a NO GO. give back the position or mandatory black flag should be handed out. I think they both had every right to do what they did and you know what, rubbing is racing and he just got rubbed right into the damn wall. Not only that obviously the Vette was faster why did he run the same line into the last turn.... And for whoever said someone could have been hurt, thats what roll cages and harnesses are for. :gives:
Come-On Cody! Too aggressive? It's F'ing racing, not croquet! Too aggressive was Jorg CLEARLY driving Mag ACCROSS the track and subsequently applying a "PIT Maneuver" on the Vette. That was poor judgement and poor sportsmanship on his part, I don't care what any of you say. Had he NOT been bumped he probably would have done the same thing in an act of desperation on that final sprint. He KNEW he was going to be overtaken and decided to resort to dirty tactics to prevent himself from losing. Anyone see the Porsche/Ferrari shoving match in the last lap of, I believe, Road Atlanta earlier this year? Similar situation, less extreme outcome.
Rubbin' is Racin' but that was just a bit to hard of a rub.

UNITEDMASTER
10-14-2009, 12:48 AM
The vette bumped the porsche on corner exit pushing him offline and slowing him down. The Porsche rightfully decided to defend his position after that. I watched it on replay a million times on my DVR and you never see the porsche turn into the vette to cause the crash. The vette had it coming. Karma is a bitch.

It's just too bad he didn't pull off the pass on the previous laps without the shortcut. That shit was ballsy and awesome.

My thoughts are the same also. Porsche stayed straight,Vette veared to the right. Thats some good hard racing to me. Its what we will call a racing incident shall we.

articdragon192
10-14-2009, 12:54 AM
The Vette was bumping the Porshe since earlier in the lap too. You see them going through turns 1 and 2, and the Vette is clearly hitting the Porshe. Vette got what was coming to him.

longfellow
10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Its pretty much the same outcome from sebring 07' when mello put jorg into the wall on the last lap. I think it was a shit move. Bumping some one to get them a bit loose to pass is one thing, but driving them into a wall at over 100mph is something else.

xpl2007
10-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't think that last 3 seconds the Porsche should of blocked him to the wall...

ManoNegra
10-14-2009, 11:00 PM
You bump, you get the wall.... vette was faster but had it coming.

ZilviaKid
10-14-2009, 11:15 PM
wow that was crazy exciting.

vette deserved it in ever way.

HyperTek
10-14-2009, 11:23 PM
reminds me of Arnoux Vs Vileneuve
except no one crashed lol
http://i33.tinypic.com/2py7zux.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl2tIFxSEGA
motorsports needs this type of excitement

SexPanda
10-14-2009, 11:25 PM
that was amazing...

Makes me want a porsche and a corvette, in 1 car.

A porvette?

no that'd be a chevette. I want a chevette.

PandahZ650
10-14-2009, 11:27 PM
You bump, you get the wall.... vette was faster but had it coming.

i agree
the vette was bumping him a tad too much and the porsche got angry

S13Boosts
10-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Nice.....hehe

kingkilburn
10-14-2009, 11:32 PM
The Porsche brake checked him in the turn then went way off line to push him into the wall.

The corvette did go into the turn kinda hot but not so much as to hit the 911.

Watch the vid again and you will see the 911 suddenly slow down in the turn then continue to push left(off the race line) towards the wall.

EDIT: He was bumping him earlier though.

chibo
10-14-2009, 11:39 PM
The Porsche didn't make a sudden turn into the Corvette - looks like the Corvette tried to cut back hard and just went around. If he'd let off he'd have been fine. Either way, Corvette's fault. Good race otherwise.

HyperTek
10-15-2009, 12:31 AM
but regardless you cant say the move that the porsche did wasnt dirty.

chibo
10-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Eh, they were both in the red mist. I wouldn't say what the Porsche did was overly malicious like a PIT maneuver, it was probably not the line he 'should' have taken but it certainly didn't FORCE the Corvette into the wall.

kingkilburn
10-15-2009, 09:33 AM
He very much Forced him into the wall.

chibo
10-15-2009, 09:34 AM
He very much Forced him into the wall.

It's not really forcing when he could have ducked out by getting on the brakes.