PDA

View Full Version : Titling Isssues In VA -

MURPHY
10-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Well I've ran into a problem after purchasing a vehicle off a local based forum (but not the same state) I bought a 240sx and got the title and bill of sale, I recently had a house fire and all my stuff burned. Now the problem is I can not get a hold of the previous owner for him to get me a lost title.

No i did not put the vehicle in my name, just had the signed title and bill of sale. I purchased the car almost a year ago and it's been in storage.

Now I'm trying to see if anyone on here can tell me if I need to go to a salvaging company and get a title or what. There's not much info on the web about this, especially since bought in NC and is in VA now.

I've tried emailing 5 times at-least, and have PM'd and called the only numbers I have for him. He is no longer active on the forum either.

So what shall I do

chrisa
10-11-2009, 05:27 PM
ONE YEAR!!!! Dude what are you thinking? You should have transferred it to your name.

sleep
10-11-2009, 05:39 PM
seriously.

About the only thing you can do is go to the DMV and explain the situation and find out what can be done.

They would know what they can do, before anyone here does.

Farzam
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
It's pretty easy to get an MVR-4 (lost title) in NC. Maybe you could find a trusted friend/relative who lives in NC to help you register it to their name then transfer to you (kinda a headache but you could make it simple), or maybe you can be a VA citizen and get an MVR-4 from NC.

You go pay $8 at the DMV for the name and addy of the last owner of the vehicle, then you get the MVR-4 off the internet, fill it out, turn it in, and wait 2-3 weeks.

theicecreamdan
10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
So your house burned down, and now you're finally worried about registering your car?

MURPHY
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
ha yea kinda ridiculous but it was in storage, it's an rb car and needed to be gone over completely. funds were tight when purchased. now just trying to get in back on the road.

I moved in with my GF so less bills atm

chrisa
10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
So your house burned down, and now you're finally worried about registering your car?
zomg so funny.

Phlip
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
It's pretty easy to get an MVR-4 (lost title) in NC. Maybe you could find a trusted friend/relative who lives in NC to help you register it to their name then transfer to you (kinda a headache but you could make it simple), or maybe you can be a VA citizen and get an MVR-4 from NC.

You go pay $8 at the DMV for the name and addy of the last owner of the vehicle, then you get the MVR-4 off the internet, fill it out, turn it in, and wait 2-3 weeks.

You can do this, but the lost title form needs to be signed by the owner and notarized if it is being transferred to another name.
That is usually where the problem comes in when cases like this one are concerned.

negrosx13
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
i love new york my last 3 s13 when unregistered for 2-3years..
And my buddy s14 sat in the garage for 2years as well and he finally got it regi no problem

Phlip
10-11-2009, 08:44 PM
i love new york my last 3 s13 when unregistered for 2-3years..
And my buddy s14 sat in the garage for 2years as well and he finally got it regi no problem

Registration is not his problem (yet)
Titling is.

sleep
10-11-2009, 10:50 PM

Guess i was wrong! Great info provided.

zenki.life
10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
ONE YEAR!!!! Dude what are you thinking? You should have transferred it to your name.

yes, certain things in life should come first.

was thinking the very same thing

DALAZ_68
10-12-2009, 02:01 PM

zomg so funny.

as fucked up as it sounds, it kinda is...GL on this

keistyle
10-12-2009, 02:57 PM
i thought it said "tilting issues".

i got exited.

MURPHY
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
so looks like I'm s.o.l.

no one has any idea besides go to the dmv and see how hard they can fuck me?