PDA

View Full Version : And just like that, the Nobel Peace Prize became a triviality.

jspaeth
10-09-2009, 08:38 AM
How the FUCK did Barack Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize?

Can someone tell me?

There are hundreds of thousands of people that make huge sacrifices every day to work for the poor, stop genocide and rape in Africa, etc....

And the prize goes to a politician who hasn't done jack shit (in the way of deserving the Peace Prize) to date.

What did he win it for, you might ask?

He was cited for "efforts to strengthen international diplomacy"....

I looked up "strengthen international diplomacy" in the dictionary, and this is what it said:

strengthen international diplomacy (phrase) - to allow rogue nations to blackmail other nations by giving them insentives not to be violent, aggressive, or threatening.

Okay, now it makes sense haha.

Nobel Peace Prize fails. WORSE this time than when they gave it to Al Gore....I am a fucking engineer, and know that you can tinker with sensitive parameters in any weather model to get whatever results you want.

TravisSW
10-09-2009, 08:47 AM
It's because:

He's the first black Muslim president.

Apparently now a days, that gives you anything and lets you get away with shitty work. Not like any of our other presidential choices where better, but man. Fail. lol

murda-c
10-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Obama is a Muslim?

dear god had I known that I wouldn't have stood for him becoming president.

jspaeth
10-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Obama is a Muslim?

dear god had I known that I wouldn't have stood for him becoming president.

Okay let's keep religion out of this, otherwise the thread will get locked up.

Keep discussion on topic.

Howard92884
10-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Wait, what? Are you for cereal?

aa87
10-09-2009, 09:07 AM
He has stated he is not a muslim. Its like saying its the new commie, talk about religious tolerance.

The world around you is trolling you. Cry a river. Sure you can google some random people who would deserve it more, but who gives a fuck, the worlds about publicity and rage.

ThatGuy
10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize after only 9 days in Office.

I guess I just didn't realize how much Change happened the 8 days before that. Must be why I can't really see it now. It all happened in that first week.

:ddog: :ddog: :ddog:

Indeed though, this is not an Obama Bashing Thread. There is one of those in "Loud Noises" already. This should be a Nobel Prize Selection Committee bashing thread.

Frankly, I don't see how they came to the decision that this was the best choice.

jspaeth
10-09-2009, 09:36 AM
^ Especially when there are so many people that are actually getting their hands dirty and doing things to make a real difference.

FaLKoN240
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I like Obama, but I too thought it was random for him to receive the prize.

duffman1278
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
There's probably better reason for him getting it. Some people like him, some don't And because of his status, he'll get judged for everything he does and gets. Personally I don't really know whether or not he deserved this, then again I'm also not on the committee that decides this type of stuff. There's probably a lot that goes into choosing a nobel prize winner, so maybe he did deserve it?

tricky_ab
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I like where this thread is going...

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
He's getting the nobel because Obama is Not GW Bush.

tricky_ab
10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
"The Nobel Committee said he was awarded it for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

It does seem a bit premature, and I say that as an Obama fan, but there have been worse selections in the past...*Almost as deserving as Al Gore?!?*

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
"The Nobel Committee said he was awarded it for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

It does seem a bit premature, and I say that as an Obama fan, but there have been worse selections in the past...*Almost as deserving as Al Gore?!?*
well Al gore invented the entranetz

sidewaysil80
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM
yeah i'm pro-bama and even i think thats ridiculous. i would think its more of a f.u. to bush then anything...kinda like the world approval of obama over bush...i dunno. i'm stumped. but i did watch his speech and he said he didnt deserve it and is equally as surprised as the rest of us. i was glad he didnt turn it into a gloating fest...his speech was more of a "how the fuck did this happen"

tricky_ab
10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
yeah i'm pro-bama and even i think thats ridiculous. i would think its more of a f.u. to bush then anything...kinda like the world approval of obama over bush...i dunno. i'm stumped. but i did watch his speech and he said he didnt deserve it and is equally as surprised as the rest of us. i was glad he didnt turn it into a gloating fest...his speech was more of a "how the fuck did this happen"

Yeah that's how I felt after I had hear his speech. He gave me the impression that he didn't know why he was given the award but took it graciously...

sidewaysil80
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
one things for sure dudes a speaker...hopefully he can back it all up

edit: liked how he said he would accept it on behalf of america not himself

Mita Orange
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
yeah he didn't look like he really understood why he got it...and neither do i. i think one of the voters was like well Obama has changed the perception of America in the worlds view....

Phlip
10-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Thread closed for failure to use the proper thread in the "LOUD NOISES" section.