PDA

View Full Version : what should i do? i got screwed over by a ticket lawyer

Manuelitoohno
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
December 22th last year. i got a ticket for going 55 on a 45 traffic zone i was young it was my first ticket. and i shoulda just went to court and tell them it was my first ticket and they woulda just droped it by me taking traffic school.

but i didnt.!

so the traffic lawyers charged me 200 bucks! to go to court for me and reduce it to a speeding ticket. plus they were supposed to send me a letter telling me my reduce fine

according to their website

Step 1:

Deliver of your ticket to The Pink Building located on the NW Corner of Flamingo and Rainbow.
At this time, a 702 TRAFFIC representative will provide you the total cost of
representing you and you will be charged.

Step 2:

Relax! A 702 TRAFFIC attorney will attend court on your behalf.

Step 3:

A 702 TRAFFIC attorney will send you a letter detailing the outcome of your ticket at court.

never did they do Step 3
i went to their office to see whats up. the lady there was a bitch and told me they would send me something.never ever did they! and then outa nowhere cops came to my house to arrest me for an unpaid parking ticket (the one they reduced ) and now i have to pay 200 bucks worth of late fee's! :smash:

what should i do?

HyperTek
10-06-2009, 03:52 PM
now you got a record on you.. sucks

yokotas13
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM
pay your fees
lesson learned

fliprayzin240sx
10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Go see the Judge and explain the situation, tell him you wanna pay what you owe and you'd like to go to traffic school. It doesnt hurt if you ask if he can lower all you're fines too. Be straight up, concise, dont bullshit him and you might get lucky and get a break.

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
You're young so the court will hold leniency to you. Explain your situation and let him know what happened. It wouldn't hurt to show receipts or some proof. Explain that they were supposed to represent you and never did properly but you've been fully willing to pay the fine, just waiting for the amount you had to pay.

Manuelitoohno
10-06-2009, 04:19 PM
i cant see a judge anymore. atleast thats what the marshall that came to my house said.

they wanted to put me in jail for 3 weeks just for an unpaid parking ticket!

i would of had paid it im not saying i didnt. the fucking lawyer and the staff are shit! i went there to ask whats up and nothing! now thanks to them im this shit

now you got a record on you.. sucks

meaning? wtf damn are you serious

blitzsti22
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
that sucks man hopefully you can get it worked out

ronmcdon
10-06-2009, 05:43 PM
show up at the lawyer's office (with receipts & all documentation),
and demand to speak to the bitch's supervisor.
seems like the lawyer's office has some admin problems.

if that doesn't work,
all you can do is really complain to the business bureau
& talk shit on business review sites like Yelp.com

XeroX
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I would go straight to court and c what you could do, thats usually your best bet..

As far as the company that screwed you, make sure you have all your documents like reciepts and stuff like that for court, but make copies and present your situation to the Better Business bureau (BBB). That will def will stirr something up, im sure there is even a bureau for legal affairs in regards to mal practice...and this is exactly that...do some research you can figure something out

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-06-2009, 06:47 PM
get another lawyer. consult them. Maybe they could help you out on both the legal and lawyer issues.

sleep
10-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Pay more attention in school..............