PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump for sr20

PhilipJdm
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
i was wondering what fuel pump can i run for sr20? i wanna turn up my boost and i heard the stock one isnt going to cut it, i want something better but not a walbro i am a student and i dont got the money for that. i heard 300z will work but are there any local cars? besides g20 since it should be a weaker pump since it is a sr20 de not det?

Ali 556
10-05-2009, 09:17 PM
300ZX TT will work it's 260LPH and it's goes for 299$ last time i checked. The R33 GT-R pump is th same as the 300ZX pump.

You can go with sard FP. there is one that 265 LPH And the big one is 280 LPH.

Stock Sr i'd stay away from walbro...Alot of faliuer stores been floating around.

PhilipJdm
10-07-2009, 12:14 AM
okay so walbro not good? and would the 300z non tt do the job? or it isnt strong enough?

punxva
10-07-2009, 06:23 AM
you can just go ahead and get a walbro, they just flow a little bit less than the 300z

fliprayzin240sx
10-07-2009, 07:11 AM
If you cant afford to get a Walbro, you wont be able to afford a Z32 TT pump. I'd be very very wary of running a used fuel pump.

PhilipJdm
10-08-2009, 01:07 AM
so i should go for a walbro?

lost240soul
10-08-2009, 01:12 AM
i have a walbro pump if u need one 50 bucks pick up..it was used to start up my car after i swapped but thats it never been used after that then i just pulled it out... i heard a supra one works too but also kinda pricy

fliprayzin240sx
10-08-2009, 06:01 AM
Just buy a new walbro...go for less than $90 on e-bay...

lilrusty
10-08-2009, 10:01 AM
dude no offense but if you have a car with an sr20 you sould be able to afford at least the walbro pump. all the other ones are more expensive if you are on a budget. i got my walbro for like 80 bucks brand new...

VNG704
10-08-2009, 10:07 AM
The thing with walbro's failure: Don't run on a near empty tank. According to some research on the forums, Walbro in-tank pumps use the gasoline as insulation. So driving around on a tank with no gas= no insulation= pump failure. Otherwise they're just fine.

umsports
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Walbro will be just fine. We sell them for $100 with the install kit.

HYPNOTIK
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
The thing with walbro's failure: Don't run on a near empty tank. According to some research on the forums, Walbro in-tank pumps use the gasoline as insulation. So driving around on a tank with no gas= no insulation= pump failure. Otherwise they're just fine.

That's bullshit. Someone's fake walbro stopped working and they looked down and realized they had a 1/4 tank of gas so they made up a bullshit theory and now everyone is paranoid about walbros.

I live literally 3 miles from the sun and don't get gas until my light comes on, my pump hasn't died and this is the second car it's been in.

Get a real walbro and forget about it. I would pay $120 to make sure I got a real pump from somewhere like Summit before I paid $80 on ebay for a most likely fake one.

PhilipJdm
10-08-2009, 06:11 PM
oh okay, well i thought walbros go for more than 120 O_o thats why.

nissanfreak317
10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
walbro ftw :trogdor:

Sileighty_85
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
That's bullshit. Someone's fake walbro stopped working and they looked down and realized they had a 1/4 tank of gas so they made up a bullshit theory and now everyone is paranoid about walbros.

I live literally 3 miles from the sun and don't get gas until my light comes on, my pump hasn't died and this is the second car it's been in.

Get a real walbro and forget about it. I would pay $120 to make sure I got a real pump from somewhere like Summit before I paid $80 on ebay for a most likely fake one.

Agreed

Ive ran my Walbro on an 1/8 of an tank for a while now

Just make sure your tank is clean and your strainer is correctly installed.

My buddy ran a walbro with a drity strainer for like 2 weeks, cleaned the tank and replaced it and ran fine again.

Just buy it from an real shop. Phase2, Enjuku...ect

westly7
11-16-2009, 06:47 AM
sorry for aside from the topic but im about to replace my fuel pump with walbro.any suggestion for size? bc im using s14 with blacktop sr20 and between 1 to 10 how hard do u think to install from oem to aftermarket fuel pump? appreciated

umsports
11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Not difficult to install at all. Takes maybe an hour tops. We sell the Walbro 255lph w/ the install kit for $100 and have never had any customer issues with them.

FRoSt415
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM

This is true but that is how some gas tanks work. The gasoline cools down the pump and prevents it from getting hot and prolongs the pump life. You can run your car with the gas light on but your pump will eventually burn out faster than if you had some gas. This will increase the likely hood of it happening but does not mean it your pump will malfunction, all parts on cars break or wear out. Please don't blame a brand name pump as well this can happen to any fuel pump designed like this.

sorry for aside from the topic but im about to replace my fuel pump with walbro.any suggestion for size? bc im using s14 with blacktop sr20 and between 1 to 10 how hard do u think to install from oem to aftermarket fuel pump? appreciated

i would call it a 4 all u need is a adjustable wrench or i would recommend having the proper size sockets but it can be done in less then an hour.
Tools assorted deep sockets
pliers for removing gas line and clamps

remove panels to access the gas tank. remove tank cover, remove old pump and lever and replace with new pump and add lever. make sure when u put the gas tank cover on that the rubber gasket is even and secure.

g6civcx
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
driving around on a tank with no gas= no insulation= pump failure

This is common on all in-tank pumps, not just the Walboro.

The design on the S13 tank isn't so good when you get below 1/4 tank based on the location of the pickup in relation to the tank. It's just a design flaw at the factory.

Ditch the stock tank and get a fuel cell.