PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors pitbulls just killed my dog

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-30-2009, 03:03 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Random5595/dirtynixe.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Random5595/nixe1.jpg

Just got a phone call that my neighbors pits snuck under my fence and killed my champion English Bulldog. I'm on my way home. Don't know how to feel. I almost broke out in tears when I seen her pictures because I seen her this morning and she was jumping around and excited. Damn.

Kaizen.
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Dam sorry to hear that.

RIP

NINJASPY
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
dude!! that sucks big time!!!
how are they going to make it better?? maybe some cash at least?
what was her name? RIP

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
dude!! that sucks big time!!!
how are they going to make it better?? maybe some cash at least?
what was her name? RIP
Nixe (pronounced Nicksie) Mara.

I'm going to go talk to him. She's a $3800 dog and they're renters so I don't think they can afford what she's worth. I might have to go after the home owner.

illvialuver
09-30-2009, 03:09 PM
man that sucks, they need to atleast offer to buy you another bulldog, and fix there fence, my neighbors dog got killed by my other neighbors dog, and they took them to court and got the dog euthenized.

Im sorry to hear about your dog, she looked like she was a good dog.

DrftKingIII
09-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Damn dude, Im very sorry to hear that. Keep your head up.

It sucks to lose a loved pet, much less mans best friend. Hope everything turns out okay.

xpertsnowcarver
Demand compensation.

Mi Beardo es Loco
The only thing that came out of it that was pretty heroic is that my 85lb boy smashed on the 2 of them and chased them off but the damage was already done.

here's my boy Zeus
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Random5595/nixeandzues.jpg

cxlo8331
09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
damn, sux to hear this.

Dutchmalmiss
09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Man sucks to hear. I'd demand compensation + punitive damages. I have an english bulldog too and I'd feel very hostile if his life was wrongly taken from away.

Dirty Habit
09-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Go home, get out the shot gun and walk next door to humanely take out both of their dogs.

Fuck a pitbull. 98% of their owners should be dragged into the street and shot too.

Thats how I really feel about it.

HyperTek
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
i feel your pain, last year i lost my loved lil chihuahua who went under the fence into my neighbors yard to play with his 5 pits or so.. i saw it go down too but i wasnt gonna hop the fence.. then i ran inside to grab my folks and never saw him again *the dogs must have took him somewhere and even the nieghbor said he never saw the dog but that has to be bullshit*
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/l_70aef6ce4646ac84b11156c13b7ecaee.jpg

I have a pit now.

Some idiots only have pits for the sole purpose of protection.

sr20dett
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
that's really suck man, I love so much bulldog

exitspeed
09-30-2009, 03:46 PM
OMG that is terrible dude.

It's ok to cry.

S14_Kouki
09-30-2009, 03:48 PM
wow man that fucking sucks sorry to hear that

rican_nick
09-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Beautiful dogs man. Sorry to hear what happened to :(

Daniel.
09-30-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss man. That's terrible.

I hope your neighbors do the responsible thing and handle the situation.

meteorite_flo
09-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Go home, get out the shot gun and walk next door to humanely take out both of their dogs.

Fuck a pitbull. 98% of their owners should be dragged into the street and shot too.

Thats how I really feel about it.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/275200-pit-bulls.html

It could have been any other dog that did the damage. I assume you never owned a "Pittbull".

To OP, sorry for your loss.

Persona
09-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Wow i'm sorry that sucks. I cant imagine what it would be like to lose my dog.
Sue, not because it will make you feel any better or replace your dog, but because they need to learn.

Matej
09-30-2009, 04:22 PM
People who want to own pitbulls and other naturally aggressive breeds should seriously be required to take special classes with them and have some kind of a license to own them.

dt-p88
09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
thats a sad story man i would be pretty sad if that happen to any of my dogs

LoanShark
09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
hey little girl, heres your hoverboard back.

keep it, i got a pittbull nao.

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
got her with me in the back of my truck. She's in pretty bad shape. They really beat her up pretty bad. I found where the pits got through. My home builder used a single nail to hold 2 peices of wood in place and the dogs easily just blasted right through it. The aggressor was a female that was in heat and Nixe just had puppies and I'm guessing the pit just sensed it and went after her. I just wished I was there to stop it.

dirtdiggler666
09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
ok first off pits are great dogs

its the thug wanna b homo's the make the dogs mean. dogs are like kids raise them good and chance is they will be good. not to say you can all ways get a bad egg. the thing is pits have the ability to kill vs a little dog that cant really harm anything.

i feel for you man i also have a english bulldog

my dog and i say rip, oh btw make sure the pit gets put to sleep so it does not kill anymore dogs or kids/people.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/dirtdiggler666/anabel3.jpg

qt_240
09-30-2009, 04:59 PM
w0w man im soo sorry .. i feel like i wanna cry to0.. i have such a soft spot for dogs...

Mi Beardo es Loco
09-30-2009, 05:22 PM
ok first off pits are great dogs

its the thug wanna b homo's the make the dogs mean. dogs are like kids raise them good and chance is they will be good. not to say you can all ways get a bad egg. the thing is pits have the ability to kill vs a little dog that cant really harm anything.

i feel for you man i also have a english bulldog

my dog and i say rip, oh btw make sure the pit gets put to sleep so it does not kill anymore dogs or kids/people.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/dirtdiggler666/anabel3.jpg
The male has already been put to sleep. The female is next. The owner has 3 kids and is a great guy and his pits are very highly trained. In fact, my min pin was playing with them a couple months back in the front yard. I don't know what caused this but his concern is for his children so he put the dogs down.
And just to let everyone know, I don't hate the breed pitbull. They're very very very great dogs. The reason they're such good killers is because they want to please their owner and their owners are jackasses. Just so happened my dog was full of hormones because of her puppies and his dog was in heat and the two just didn't match. Just so happened the dogs happened to be pitbulls and because of the jaw structure of the bulldog my dog had no chance.
I went over the wounds and most of them were on her stomach and neck, which meant that she submitted to the pit and the pit kept at it and choked her out.

another thing that is killing me is that I live in the High Desert and in order to dig a hole to bury her I would have to wet it overnight and by then her body would be in awful shape. I had to take her to the local animal control and let them know what happened and when I was handing the dog over it all just kinda came down on me and I broke down a bit. But she was such a great dog. Good to kids and other dogs.

speedgod^s13
09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Pitbulls are one of the most docile breeds of dogs, if raised that way. I mean I see pits that LOVE children, and play with other dogs. Pit's aren't the problem, the owners are. I think the guy above me is right. They should make a law, that requires people who want dogs that can become very aggressive, to have background checks, training etc. The background check, will help the authorities determine if the future owner in question has a history of crime, violence, etc. Training is good too, to teach these people how to handle these animals. All of this is a fantasy though. Even if it came true, there are, and will always be people that will use these dogs for the wrong reasons. If you guys really want to help, donate to the ASPCA, or your local Humane society. They are always short on funds, but they are on the frontline of battling these irresponsible pet owners. I'm sorry for your loss, your bulldog was a beauty. I hope the best for you and your family. Last thing I have to say is this, they need to euthanize the owners, or at least send them to jail. The laws need to be more strict, to put these fuckers in check!! :rl:

ilikenissans
09-30-2009, 05:37 PM
That sucks dude. Shoot your neighbors.

RIP

kouki fanatic
09-30-2009, 05:42 PM
wtf man. rip

doogstein
09-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear that man. I feel for you and your family. I'm not lookin forward to the day my dog dies it will probably be the saddest day of my life so far ( I have yet to bury any family although grandma may have a couple more years max.) RIP

YoungGun
09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow i'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

But that sucks even more that they put the pits down, its not the dogs fault it's the dumbass owners fault.

illvialuver
09-30-2009, 06:46 PM
You know that old sign that says "guns don't kill people, I kill people"? Well it could be the said the same about pits, rotts, dobermans.

I think that they should treat dogs that are aggresive the same way they treat guns.
Owners must have permits to own the dogs the same way they do with guns, and owner can not have felonies, and must have the dogs locked up or secure, like the fence must be enforced with adequit suport, and must be locked and up to date, just like any gun, or rifle. It is very sad that this happened to your dog. I am glad that you are not vendictive and angry to the point to try to kill the dogs or give the neighbor problems, it is sad that the owner is puting the dogs down.

heavenboundkevin
09-30-2009, 06:53 PM
that is so sad man.. I love my dog, peanuts.

240love
09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow i'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

But that sucks even more that they put the pits down, its not the dogs fault it's the dumbass owners fault.

i cant really find blame in the owner..the op said those pits were pretty trained and just got crazy cause of hormones.. it was just an accident.

but they put the pits down so its all good

im sorry about your dog, she looked really friendly

Chrischeezer
09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
that's terrible
I'm so sorry, i recently lost my bulldog due to heart failure. he was 10 years old.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/ChrisCheezer/th_Richit034.jpg (http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/ChrisCheezer/?action=view&current=Richit034.flv)

Rick-95ZE
09-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Sorry for your loss.. It's hard to keep rational when something like this happens, but do try..

FaLKoN240
09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I kinda teared up just reading the title.

It always makes me sad to hear about pet on pet deaths. :(

Gnnr
09-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Sorry about your loss. I agree with the needing a permit/training thing for certain breeds, they should put that into law. Your neighbor sounds like he was being reasonable though, did he offer to pay for your dog?

LimeLite Racing
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Dude. This thread fucking ruined my day. That's absolutely terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that shit bro.

upsdude
09-30-2009, 10:45 PM
OP, i noticed you said you live in the high desert...which city? because i live in the HD too (hesperia) and i've noticed that alot of the ppl here like to keep pitbulls. but the people i've seen with em are previously mentioned thuggish looking ppl who walk their dogs with chains...and i've seen a couple being walked with weights around their necks. friend of mine said it's to buff em up for fighting *shrugs* sorry to hear about your loss, i've got 2 dogs myself and i know i'd just die if something happened to them-and yeah, the dirt out here is horribly tough to dig if it hasn't rained or something first.

xBlastoisex
09-30-2009, 10:58 PM
im so sorry man, i got a little choked up thinking about this happening to my dog

Manuelitoohno
09-30-2009, 11:00 PM
pitt bulls should be banned from this country!

honestly outa maybe 100 pitbulls i have come close to in my life all of them were aggresive sure not to the owner or the owners kids and fam. but they are aggresive thats the nature. and to those that say that chihuahuas or shitzu's are more aggresive it might be true BUT LOOK AT THE FUCKING SIZE OF THEM and the strenght of them compared to the muscles and build of a pit

just like piranhas its nature. you cant train a piranha not to be who it is.

you can train a pit to not be who it is to YOU the owner and the fam but same can not be said to train a pit to get along with other breed of dogs or to other dogs or to other humans

whats the point of having a pit besides how ghetto people use them as a gun almost as a way to proove they are tough and so is their dog.

in my old neighbor hood there was 6 pits in my street i had to walk my dog with a golf club in the other hand.

and used it twice! once my dog wasnt so lucky and gots is ass chewed by a pit. but he didnt die.

u want protection get a gun!

you want to intimidate people instead of getting a pit go to the gym and get buffed

you want a mean animal that you can show off to your friends? get a LION fish

you want to have a loyal dog? get one of the many breeds that are loyal and fam friendly

if anything at least make a pit owner registered themselves ala sexual offender registry and make them sign a contract or a paper saying that they will be full responsible for any deaths of dogs and in the event of a kid or any human death they will take the fault as if they killed the person instead of the dog and be charged with murdered and have the dog put to sleep . !!!!!!!

whiteknightsS13
09-30-2009, 11:10 PM
their dog kills your dog = you kill their dog.

upsdude
09-30-2009, 11:22 PM
oh btw if you own a home and have a pitbull, 9 times out of 10 you'll get your policy yanked. my dog is part chow and when we bought our new house the insurance cancelled us after a couple of weeks. chows, akitas, pitbulls, and a few other breeds are an automatic fail because they cause the most problems. if thise person's renting to ppl with pits and they find out he's gonna lose his policy.

ayuaddict
10-01-2009, 02:04 AM
most of you fools posting in this thread need to at least read the OP's posts.

the situation is apparently being handled in a humane and mature manner.

it seems the owner of the dogs at fault is putting them down.

man, i hate it when pets die, its just as bad as losing a close family member or friend.

illvialuver
10-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Saying a certain breed of dog is a killer on instink, that just seems so closed minded. I dont think that Pits should be banned or outlawed, it is all in the owner and the training.

DreamN
10-01-2009, 04:01 AM
So much ignorance in this thread.

To the OP, so sorry about your loss. I'd cry for days if I lost any of my pets. Even losing my little turtle would cause me to tear up. Glad everything is being handled in a mature manner.

My issue with what's said in the story is that the animals weren't "fixed". I'm a firm believer in having your pets, especially dogs, spayed/nueter. Don't care how much your dog is worth, nueter/spay it. If you are not a licensed breeder you have no reason not to.

aziankingz
10-01-2009, 09:11 AM
i always walk across the street or around owners with pitbulls because they are too aggressive and any movement that they think will harm them or their owner, they will bite you..

what if it was someones little kid or person? i remember reading an article that some old man in NYC was eaten by a pitbull.. and no one can do shit aboout it bc once they lock their jaws on you, you are pretty much fucked. owning a pitbull is like owning a lion or tiger, sure you can tame it, but you are one wrong move away from being fatally wounded or killed.

I hope the op gets a settlement and those dogs stuffed in his living room..

Soup Nazi
10-01-2009, 09:31 AM
That's terrible, sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful dog.

fliprayzin240sx
10-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Wow...sorry for your loss but this fucking thread is getting me steamed about what some of the idiots say about Pitts. I have a Pitt, if you've never fucking had one, you'll always believe the stereotypes. Its like saying all black people are lazy and its nature but you've never known a black person in your life...believe what the media feeds you.

My Pitt has never been aggressive, for fuck's sake, she doesnt even bark. If she wants to kill you, she'll lick you to death.

zylvia213
10-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Ive never had a dog as a pet before but i can imagin how bad that must feel. Usually if this is reported the other dogs have a posibility of being euthenized.... really the neighbors are at fault i think for not having them secured. This can be dangerous.... what if it would have been a little kid playing on yard... And another thing any dog can be vicious not just pitts? They are how you raise them.

Sleepy240
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
@ the OP: I must say I am completely sorry for your loss, and losing pets is extremely upsetting. The thing that upsets me about the whole situation is that instantly dogs get a bad rap. To be totally honest in your situation, I think the key is you stayed calm and collected. The other dog owner is being totally mature and humane about the whole situation. However I am sure you feel upset about losing your pet, how do you think the Pitbulls' owner is going to feel putting his dog down? I don't know if I would be able to let somebody else do that, your basically putting the same pain on them. An eye for an eye I suppose.

@ the naysayers: Any breed of dog can be a killer. Sadly Pitbulls are portrayed as much more violent killers because look at the environment most of them live in. Pitbulls end up in poverty stricken communities and with owners who are inhumane and use the animals in ways that are not intended. In a normal household they can be just fine. I should know I did own one until it died of old age, never once did it bite anything other than a chew toy. Saying that Pitbulls should be illegal is just bullshit, if you want to go that far ban all dogs since they could all "possibly" kill something or somebody.

Gnnr
10-01-2009, 11:16 AM

Thats ignorant and closed minded.

Pitbulls are outlawed in Miami, which sucks. My friend owns the nicest pit in the world (he's 2 counties away) and it proved to me that it all depends on the owner.

Here is the law in Miami BTW:

Pit Bull Law

It is illegal in Miami-Dade County to own or keep Pit Bull Dogs, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or any other dog that substantially conforms to any of these breeds’ characteristics.

Acquisition or keeping of a pit bull dog: $500.00 fine and County Court action to force the removal of the animal from Miami-Dade County.

aziankingz
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow...sorry for your loss but this fucking thread is getting me steamed about what some of the idiots say about Pitts. I have a Pitt, if you've never fucking had one, you'll always believe the stereotypes. Its like saying all black people are lazy and its nature but you've never known a black person in your life...believe what the media feeds you.

My Pitt has never been aggressive, for fuck's sake, she doesnt even bark. If she wants to kill you, she'll lick you to death.

@ the OP: I must say I am completely sorry for your loss, and losing pets is extremely upsetting. The thing that upsets me about the whole situation is that instantly dogs get a bad rap. To be totally honest in your situation, I think the key is you stayed calm and collected. The other dog owner is being totally mature and humane about the whole situation. However I am sure you feel upset about losing your pet, how do you think the Pitbulls' owner is going to feel putting his dog down? I don't know if I would be able to let somebody else do that, your basically putting the same pain on them. An eye for an eye I suppose.

@ the naysayers: Any breed of dog can be a killer. Sadly Pitbulls are portrayed as much more violent killers because look at the environment most of them live in. Pitbulls end up in poverty stricken communities and with owners who are inhumane and use the animals in ways that are not intended. In a normal household they can be just fine. I should know I did own one until it died of old age, never once did it bite anything other than a chew toy. Saying that Pitbulls should be illegal is just bullshit, if you want to go that far ban all dogs since they could all "possibly" kill something or somebody.

I bet the owners of the pitbulls who killed the op's dog said the same crap about their pitbulls.. just saying.. most owners dont do shit or think about these shit until it happens and that is just ignorant itself.. Its like mothers/fathers towards their sons/daughters who are murderers and rapists - the mothers/fathers would always say that they were good kids blah blah.. the truth speaks for itself.. pitbulls are killers regardless of where and what environment they are from.. pitbulls can just be playing and kill a person due to its lockjaw capabilities..

A while ago i used to live next door with a family with a rott. When i flinch or walk around them (this dog was growling at me) the owners would say he just wants to play and would never hurt anything or anyone; next thing you know, i see a dead cat stripped to pieces a few months later in their backyard. Of course, the owners ignored it and thought it was fine, until it bit their little 3 year old girl.. game over.. never saw that dog again.. the owners could have avoided it, but they were ignorant and thought, it was just a cat - nothing too serious..

I rather just be safe (or as you guys call it ignorant) than sorry.. if you pitt or aggressive dog owners dont think anything of it and let it play with little kids, all the power to you.. just remember, its a law suit waiting to happen.

shmiddy
10-01-2009, 12:11 PM
sad story man. im really sorry

keep us posted on the out come of the story

Sleepy240
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM
A while ago i used to live next door with a family with a rott. When i flinch or walk around them (this dog was growling at me) the owners would say he just wants to play and would never hurt anything or anyone; next thing you know, i see a dead cat stripped to pieces a few months later in their backyard. Of course, the owners ignored it and thought it was fine, until it bit their little 3 year old girl.. game over.. never saw that dog again.. the owners could have avoided it, but they were ignorant and thought, it was just a cat - nothing too serious..

The problem is you don't know the circumstances in which the child was bit. I can tell you for a fact I have been biten by a dog and it was mostly my fault. I can tell you that I have infact instigated the animal by toying around with it, even if not intentional. Especially children, they have no concept of when is enough and how far is too far. That goes for all dogs not just pitbulls or so called "violent" dogs. Cats kill birds and mice all the time, they also scratch and bite does that mean we should be worried about them? The fact is all of these animals have been "domesticated" even the violent ones.

murda-c
10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Just an fyi pitbull jaws do not have locking jaws, they just bite hard...like any large dog.

A large mastiff will bite harder than a pit.

JEDIs13
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM

:werd: i agree with flip on this one. i too own a pitt and he is a big softy, it is all in how you raise the animal. my pitt plays with my 13 pound lhasa apso and gets bossed around, he is scared of the little guy it is pretty funny.

and to the OP im sorry for your loss

HyperTek
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
its just a bad accident, and sounds like the neighbor understands so they also put their dog down.. so both parties lost their dogs.. sucks =(

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I honestly don't blame the breed guys. To be honest with you I blame my home builder more than anything. You have to understand that these dogs ran and played with my min pin on several occasions and that these dogs were trained well.
Last night I inspected where the dogs got through and the home builder used a prefab fencing and only secured the fence with a single nail on the top and a single nail on the bottom.
The wood around the nail cracked a tiny little bit and my yard was available to those dogs. They were able to open the fence like it was a door. And it's in ANY dogs nature to be curious and they found a new passage.
On my dogs end, she just had a litter of puppies and it seemed to me that she may have gotten aggressive to protect her puppies.
It's a sad sad situation but the ultimate reason why she was killed was because she wanted to protect her pups. I really believe that the dogs weren't planning on attacking her but that's not how things ended up.

And for those who are saying pit bulls are mean, they're really not. Each and every individual dog are different. Each can be trained to be more obedient. The only difference is that a pit bull has the ability to kill, along with German Shepards and Cane Corso (illegal in N. America). The only breed of dogs are are NATURALLY more aggressive by nature is the Chow Chow (Japanese war dogs) and Doberman Pinchers due to narrow skulls and in a lot of situations where the brain swells and the dog becomes more and more disoriented with age and sometimes they turn on their owner. In fact I had 37 stitches on my face from a Chow.

lewisfk
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
lawsuit man, and have the other dog put down! The odds that it will attack a person is to high!!

lewisfk
10-01-2009, 01:46 PM
You know that old sign that says "guns don't kill people, I kill people"? Well it could be the said the same about pits, rotts, dobermans.

I think that they should treat dogs that are aggresive the same way they treat guns.
Owners must have permits to own the dogs the same way they do with guns, and owner can not have felonies, and must have the dogs locked up or secure, like the fence must be enforced with adequit suport, and must be locked and up to date, just like any gun, or rifle. It is very sad that this happened to your dog. I am glad that you are not vendictive and angry to the point to try to kill the dogs or give the neighbor problems, it is sad that the owner is puting the dogs down.

I CALL BULL SHIT! I have owned Pitts and Rotts and none of my dogs attacked people or other dogs!! Its idiots like yourself who spread nonsense on a matter you most likely don't know anything about! Dogs are a direct resemblance of there owner! Know the facts, most dog attacks that happen are from small dogs! The Jack Russell Terrier for many years lead the nation for attacks on people! What makes it worse, they tend to bit kids before adults!

Genovese.Jr
10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
sorrey man that sucks

but for evry one on here that jumps staight to put the dogs down dogs go back and forth on the fence all dogs do it bark at each outher and stuff so it proubly it was not just the pits they proubly pissed each ouher off i dought they would go and hurt another dog for no reason so y put another persons dog down the lost is already lost but i do think they should give you some cash or buy you another dog from the same breeder you bought youre dog from

hOngsterr
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
i read through all 3 pages,

sorry to hear man,

fliprayzin240sx
10-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Again...until you've owned one or lived with one...STFU. Any breed of dog can snap yes, training your dog the not to have aggressive tendencies will alleviate the chance of them doing so. My dog is 2 yrs old and fixed...let me emphasize on FIXED. She has never had an aggressive tendency, if I see her do anything, she is corrected on the spot. She never has growled at another dog nor bark unless she got startled. She doesnt "kill" her chew toys, she's trained not to stick anything in her mouth other than her toys, you stick your hand in her mouth, she'll automatically open up and push it out with her tongue.

jdm2191
10-01-2009, 03:14 PM
i know man i almost had the same thing happen to me this weekend my neighbors pitbull attacked my boxer.....& my dog had to be rushed to the vet....
but thankfully my dog fought back thats what saved her

but sorry bout your dog i like bulldogs alot.....

ryguy
10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Thats ignorant and closed minded.

Pitbulls are outlawed in Miami, which sucks. My friend owns the nicest pit in the world (he's 2 counties away) and it proved to me that it all depends on the owner.

While I have had experience with my friend's pit, who is the nicest dog in the world, and know that generally they are nice dogs, I do agree with the ban in Miami-Dade. The population demographic is just too inclined towards problems.

OP, you are a big person to be handling this the way you are. I don't know if I would be able to keep so composed.

Drift N Dragg
10-01-2009, 03:46 PM
To the OP = I am sorry for your Loss...my Heart goes with you.. I lost my pitbull to a stray Lab dog.. my puppy wanted to play and that dog did not... I watch it happen in slow motion as I ran outside ... Again, I am sorry for your loss

Sorry having to do this on your thread though...

honestly outa maybe 100 pitbulls i have come close to in my life all of them were aggresive sure not to the owner or the owners kids and fam. but they are aggresive thats the nature. and to those that say that chihuahuas or shitzu's are more aggresive it might be true BUT LOOK AT THE FUCKING SIZE OF THEM and the strenght of them compared to the muscles and build of a pit

just like piranhas its nature. you cant train a piranha not to be who it is.

you can train a pit to not be who it is to YOU the owner and the fam but same can not be said to train a pit to get along with other breed of dogs or to other dogs or to other humans

whats the point of having a pit besides how ghetto people use them as a gun almost as a way to proove they are tough and so is their dog.

in my old neighbor hood there was 6 pits in my street i had to walk my dog with a golf club in the other hand.

and used it twice! once my dog wasnt so lucky and gots is ass chewed by a pit. but he didnt die.

u want protection get a gun!

you want to intimidate people instead of getting a pit go to the gym and get buffed

you want a mean animal that you can show off to your friends? get a LION fish

you want to have a loyal dog? get one of the many breeds that are loyal and fam friendly

if anything at least make a pit owner registered themselves ala sexual offender registry and make them sign a contract or a paper saying that they will be full responsible for any deaths of dogs and in the event of a kid or any human death they will take the fault as if they killed the person instead of the dog and be charged with murdered and have the dog put to sleep . !!!!!!!

Just like that you can't change the fact that your a F'ing IDIOT.....
Did you know Mr. Dumbass that out of the Top 100 Dog's in the US that have attack Man, Pit Bulls are in the 60 Range.. While your So Called Loyal Dog's .. ie. Golden Retriver, Lab, etc.. placed in the TOP 5..

Every dog is good, and I do agree that you get a bad egg here and there, Just like when you were born...

I have 2 Pits, a Boxer, and a Shih Zu (don't ask how my GF con'd me into the Shih Zu) .. But never ONCE have they fought... Not ONCE...

There are Dickhole people out there that Ruin the name of a Dog in the pursuit of Greed and Stupidity...

Man's Best Friend = a dog will do anythign to please there master. It just pisses me off when people judge ANY type of Dog..

Again OP I am sorry, but I had to say it, again I am sorry for your loss... and I hope the correct measures were taken and that the Owner's of the Pit's will pay for a new dog....

satal95
10-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Sorry about your loss man. I myself have an english bulldog and a boxer, so i could only imagine how you feel if i lost either or. As for the people saying that pitts should be put down, you are all just a bunch of dumb asses, it's like what has been mentioned if trained properly and well kept these dogs won't attack but if trained wrong of course their going to attack. Truthfully the only breed i would never trust is a chow and that is because i have seen to many just turn on their owner for no apparent reason, my cousin being one. Again sorry for your loss and glad that the owner did the right thing but he still owes you for your dog

ryguy
10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Did you know Mr. Dumbass that out of the Top 100 Dog's in the US that have attack Man, Pit Bulls are in the 60 Range.. While your So Called Loyal Dog's .. ie. Golden Retriver, Lab, etc.. placed in the TOP 5..

Not arguing with you, but I'm curious if those statistics are per capita or overall. I'd go out on a limb here and guess there are A LOT more retrievers than pits.

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Not arguing with you, but I'm curious if those statistics are per capita or overall. I'd go out on a limb here and guess there are A LOT more retrievers than pits.
Well, what makes the pits unique gives them a bad reputation. They're one of the smartest and trainable dogs. This, mixed with their strength in their jaws, makes them nearly perfect for fighting. The original Bulldog was a sheep dog in sorts. They use to heard bulls and with their strong jaws and large lower jaw they use to jump and disable a full size bull, which is why the bull had a ring around his nose. Cows have weak necks. Pit bulls spawned from the Bulldog, but they were bread to fight. Although it doesn't come naturally to the breed, it's the original purpose for the dogs.
Even though this sounds pretty grim it's only over the past 100 years where the Stafforshire Terrior came to the US so to say it's instinct is not really accurate. And when it comes to fighting dogs the Cane Corso is still the most dangerous in the world. Them, or the Neopolean is 1 and 2. But having a pitbull, even though they would get smashed by other breeds, is a status symbol in the African American community. And don't pretend that that's a surprise to ANYONE. They dress these dogs up in chains and weights for training to fight. These are the people who should be mauled.

But in the end, dogs are dogs. All dogs can be trained, with certain exceptions. I think Cesar Millan has proven to the world that dogs can be trained.

I honestly don't know if explaining the history of the breed helps anyones case, hahaha.

Manuelitoohno
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
To the OP = I am sorry for your Loss...my Heart goes with you.. I lost my pitbull to a stray Lab dog.. my puppy wanted to play and that dog did not... I watch it happen in slow motion as I ran outside ... Again, I am sorry for your loss

Sorry having to do this on your thread though...

Every dog is good, and I do agree that you get a bad egg here and there, Just like when you were born...

I have 2 Pits, a Boxer, and a Shih Zu (don't ask how my GF con'd me into the Shih Zu) .. But never ONCE have they fought... Not ONCE...

There are Dickhole people out there that Ruin the name of a Dog in the pursuit of Greed and Stupidity...

Man's Best Friend = a dog will do anythign to please there master. It just pisses me off when people judge ANY type of Dog..

Again OP I am sorry, but I had to say it, again I am sorry for your loss... and I hope the correct measures were taken and that the Owner's of the Pit's will pay for a new dog....

okay doctor scientist.

still i think anyone that wants to own a pit should sign a /contract/paper w.e that says in case of the dog killing anyone the owner should be held responsible and get charged with charges

Drift N Dragg
10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Well, what makes the pits unique gives them a bad reputation. They're one of the smartest and trainable dogs. This, mixed with their strength in their jaws, makes them nearly perfect for fighting. The original Bulldog was a sheep dog in sorts. They use to heard bulls and with their strong jaws and large lower jaw they use to jump and disable a full size bull, which is why the bull had a ring around his nose. Cows have weak necks. Pit bulls spawned from the Bulldog, but they were bread to fight. Although it doesn't come naturally to the breed, it's the original purpose for the dogs.
Even though this sounds pretty grim it's only over the past 100 years where the Stafforshire Terrior came to the US so to say it's instinct is not really accurate. And when it comes to fighting dogs the Cane Corso is still the most dangerous in the world. Them, or the Neopolean is 1 and 2. But having a pitbull, even though they would get smashed by other breeds, is a status symbol in the African American community. And don't pretend that that's a surprise to ANYONE. They dress these dogs up in chains and weights for training to fight. These are the people who should be mauled.

But in the end, dogs are dogs. All dogs can be trained, with certain exceptions. I think Cesar Millan has proven to the world that dogs can be trained.

I honestly don't know if explaining the history of the breed helps anyones case, hahaha.

You explained very well. That's actually pretty correct. You also right about the Owners that create these Monsters should be left alone with them when they turn.. You reap what you sow... But its sad to see the dog's turned into monsters.. But it can happen, just like a Rich man spoils his son, they too can become a form of a monster.. it's all about the values you teach your animal

Per Capita, I am not sure.. But lets just take a section, The High Desert for exapmle (because I live in the High Desert.. lol) I would wage that there are almost 2x more pits then there are any other Large breed Dog here. I know just in the block i am on, I can honestly say almost every house has a pit, except one. (there are 15 house's on my block) .. Not Completly over the US, I would Like to see the Numbers... But that's also only ' Registered' Dogs.. I am going to go out on a limb, but i am sure that people that do this to any dog, does not register them.. because there is a paper trail back to the owner..

okay doctor scientist.

still i think anyone that wants to own a pit should sign a /contract/paper w.e that says in case of the dog killing anyone the owner should be held responsible and get charged with charges

THat should be with Any dog... Any dog is capable of Mauling, Killing, or causing serious damage to another dog or Person .. Shoot I have seen little dogs tear at each other before.. they are just on a Viciousness on a level of there own.... But a true Owner of Any Breed is responsible for the Animals actions..

Also both my pits love Ever one.. they are terrible guard dogs.. LMAO .. they will lick the shit out of you.. But never bite.. they dont even bite when i play with them...

boosted98gst
10-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow im sorry for your loss, I am a big animal lover and really love all animals. I know how people become so attached to them. Growing up we owned 2 pittbulls , my dad's buddy was a marine who bred the dogs off base and in TX. Both dogs were UKC dogs .
I was around 11 or 12 I was at a baseball field throwing a ball for my male and female pitt and they ended up fighting over the ball. I figured it was just a small little fight and it would just stop like it has done before. Still to this day I do not know what happened? They were raised both in a loving family from 9 weeks old . They both use to sleep with me and they were just all around great dogs. They ended up fighting for 3 hours , at the time I Was just too small to break them up. They both had walking harness on and I was between them trying to pull them apart , I just was not able to do it. I remember my mom having to leave because she was crying , I just sat 20 feet away in the grass crying watching them fight. The MP's ended up coming and there was blood all over the outfield the female dog was dead, had broken front legs, throat was covered in slashes. After the fight the male was standing over her and licking her wounds, he was never aggressive but this time he was very pissed at something. The mp could not even come in the baseball diamond to try and get the female dog. The male would only let me in and all he did was keep licking me like nothing ever happened. Still to this day I think about them and what I could of done different. I had a real hard time with the loss of them, I really cared for these dogs a lot. I hope you are able to move on and remember animals are animals and sometimes we just do not understand why they do the things they do. I hope in time you can move on and get another puppy. You do need to get the law involved , because you missed work to come home for someones mistakes. Good luck to you.

Genovese.Jr
10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
the only breed i truely belive is a pice of shit is chow's

boosted98gst
10-01-2009, 07:42 PM
okay doctor scientist.

That's called discrimination . That would be like a racist saying for all non white people to get finger printed at birth, that way the cops have a data base for all the stolen cars or stolen stuff when they get older. Its a fucking Stereotype

!Zar!
10-01-2009, 09:07 PM
OP, can't you get some tax refund or something from the gov since the old english bulldog is considered an endangered species or some shit?

ESone3
10-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Sorry about your loss homie. I don't know what I would do if something like this happen to my Abby.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v377/76/110/555168526/n555168526_1107295_8770.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v377/76/110/555168526/n555168526_1107294_8215.jpg

s14_sr20_silvia
10-01-2009, 09:36 PM
That's called discrimination . That would be like a racist saying for all non white people to get finger printed at birth, that way the cops have a data base for all the stolen cars or stolen stuff when they get older. Its a fucking Stereotype

just because it's a stereotype doesn't mean it's a bad idea.. about the dogs.. not race..... although.............lol.

Some sort of class for owners of, not necessarily 'more aggresive' dogs but just larger/stronger breeds in general, wouldn't be a bad idea. Example: I have a 6 1/2 month old lab that weighs 90lbs. and he could easily kill any dog <50lbs.. but he isn't aggresive at all. That doesn't mean I don't take precautions to prevent him from getting out or being well socialized anyway.............. On the other hand my sister has a 13lb. jack-russel/corgie mix.. and that thing is absolutely vicious.. but even if she got loose she probably couldn't kill a baby if she tried lol.

drift_limo
10-01-2009, 09:49 PM
People who want to own pitbulls and other naturally aggressive breeds should seriously be required to take special classes with them and have some kind of a license to own them.

you do now i think you have to by law,register them .

sucks about your bulldog .. love that breed

but im also a fan of pits .. every pitt or rott i have come across they are the nicest but still I WILL NEVER turn my back on them .

srry to hear what happend

boosted98gst
10-01-2009, 09:57 PM
just because it's a stereotype doesn't mean it's a bad idea.. about the dogs.. not race..... although.............lol.

Some sort of class for owners of, not necessarily 'more aggresive' dogs but just larger/stronger breeds in general, wouldn't be a bad idea. Example: I have a 6 1/2 month old lab that weighs 90lbs. and he could easily kill any dog <50lbs.. but he isn't aggresive at all. That doesn't mean I don't take precautions to prevent him from getting out or being well socialized anyway.............. On the other hand my sister has a 13lb. jack-russel/corgie mix.. and that thing is absolutely vicious.. but even if she got loose she probably couldn't kill a baby if she tried lol.

Thats very true anyone in the united states can sterotype, because everyone does it at times. But discrimination is not the same and can get you into trouble, Just because someone owns a "bullydog" breed does not mean they are all "thugs" or uneducated people. If I was to say anything like that at work I would be in human resource's getting lawsuit from co workers.

Manuelitoohno
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM

aw come on dont bring in that here. thats bullshit :barfkiss: :barfkiss: :barfkiss:

we dont need people like you shit i wont be surprised if now that i know people like you exist there will be people suing petsmart for only selling black fish instead of other colors for discrimination.

i supposed im racist and discriminating for only having orange clownfish instead of light red Tomato clownfish or the skunk clownfish that had a skunk like line instead of the 3 vertical lines on the the orange clownfish?

shit man call the police report me for discriminating fish or dogs!

i dont bealive in discrimination but i guess i always discriminate huh? :eek2: damn how rude of me
or are we gonna sue a puppie store for only selling chows instead of pugs "Your store is discriminating against pugs because you dont sell ANY! HOW RACIST. IM SUING YOU!"

thats just fucking stupid! no offense but i have never herd such idiotic thing in my life time!

jamg
10-01-2009, 10:13 PM
dogs are only as good as their owner.

RIP.

i plan on getting a pit

azndoc
10-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

There is no way to replace her, I just hope that in some way with time your heart will heal.

dahveed
10-01-2009, 10:25 PM
sucks man. i can't imagine losing my little baby(hah he's a chihuahua so what =P ) . i've had him since i was eleven. he's starting to get up there in the age department, he's starting to have hip problems :( :(

stay up!

spooled240
10-01-2009, 10:30 PM
man this is bullshit, i have nothing against owning dogs that will rip your headoff but i do have a problem with people not taking measures to keep their dogs in their yard.

i had a neighbor who had two german shepherds that always got out of the yard because the gate was always open...idk what is so hard with keeping a gate closed but one of the dogs eventually got hit by a car in the middle of the night and she actually didn't do a damn thing about it...the gate was still open and the dog continued to run out and harass the pedestrians. PEOPLE trip me out...

really sorry about your dog, I can only imagine how you feel about all of this.

DeathMetal
10-02-2009, 04:24 AM
To the OP, I'm so sorry about your loss man. Losing an animal is like losing a family member, nothing can be done to replace them.

To the rest of you fucking morons.

Keep your fucking mouths shut about fucking dogs. This isn't the "I have the biggest dick cuz I know everything about pit bulls" thread. It's a threat about a guy losing mans best friend.

Now shut the fuck up and be respectful.

apex
10-02-2009, 05:26 AM
okay doctor scientist.

hey smart guy there is sumthing like that its called a dog license
i have one it states i own the dog she has all her shots and they are up to date anything she does i am liable for

lolatclint
10-02-2009, 07:32 AM
hey man kill those pitbull dogs man not cool

Edgar
10-02-2009, 09:22 AM
sorry to hear for your lost man

dogs rule!!!

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Random5595/nixeandzues.jpg

Hate to say it but it happened again, this time to the brown one in this picture. they broke another part of the fence and was in the middle of it when I got home. Took him to the vet and he was still alive and responsive. They treated the wounds and put him up on meds. This morning I transfered him to Dr. Butchkos and he didn't survive the trip. Died in my truck on the transfer.
The neighbor put the aggressive one to sleep the last time and now he put his last two to sleep right after it happened. They were dragging him by the ears and trying to rip his ears off and nearly succeeded.

So I just left Home Depot with a shit load of wood to reinforce my fencing. Also, just found out that there's a group lawsuit already in place about the fencing to the home builder (KB) so I'm about to add my two cents. Just an awful month for me :(

jibanez
10-19-2009, 12:46 PM
im very sorry to hear that happen again, less than a month after the first attack :'(

mistaJDM
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Rip man

i have two english bulldogs right next to me and it'd break my heart to see them pass.

Daniel.
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Wow, my heart goes out to you. I can't believe it happened a second time.

JVD
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Awww shit man.

So sorry to hear about this.

KrazyS13
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
OMG! I cant believe this happened again. Such a sad thing to happen. I'm sorry, but I dont see how you can put this all off on the home builder and let the dog owner off. Obviously the builder was part of the fault, but theres only so much you can do to stop a raging pitbull. The owner already seen what the dogs were capable of, regardless of training, so it should've been his responsibility to make sure it didnt happen again. I would sue the dog owner and the builder.

I dont care how much his dogs were supposedly trained.

Once again, I'm so sorry and my heart goes out to you. I'm a big softy when it comes to animals.

keistyle
10-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm terrible sorry to hear that this happened to you, especially twice, with both an equal amount of loss. I know that your house isn't going to feel the same without the dogs, even if you got money, or new dogs. It's the worst when you lose something that you would interact with a lot. I don't know what to say man.

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm terrible sorry to hear that this happened to you, especially twice, with both an equal amount of loss. I know that your house isn't going to feel the same without the dogs, even if you got money, or new dogs. It's the worst when you lose something that you would interact with a lot. I don't know what to say man.
We still have one more female that they didn't get to but it eases the pain a little that Nixe, the white one, had Zeus's, the brown boy, puppies. So both of their blood lines are in their dog. And already their characteristics are showing through in the way they act. In the way they sit, etc....

And the owner is being held liable now. The only shitty thing is that we still have to live next to each other.

All in all it's a baaaaaaaad deal.

Gnnr
10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow man, unbelievable! Sorry about your double loss! :( Get some really strong wood and use double reinforcement on the fence.

s13 @ fullboost
10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
dude I hope your dog goes to doggy heaven =/

jdm538
10-19-2009, 02:41 PM
sorry to hear that man hope something better comes out of this. my gf's Pomeranian was accidentally left outside and was eaten by coyote's. the next mornig all they found was a piece of her leg. sad part was they heard it happen and cayote's started howling but they didnt think it was their dog.

cooltomato
10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
i am sorry to hear that =/

i know i would be very sad if i lost my dog or anything bad happen to it, to the point where i don't think i would see him walking around the house any more =/

but ur dog in not completely gone, you will always have the memories of the goodtimes you guys had together and no one can take that away. hope u feel better

DreamN
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
damn dude, that just is.... wow. Honestly, I'm at a lost for words. Sorry for your lost.

tricky_ab
10-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that it happened again! I don't have a dog, but I've got lots of friends who do and I've grown attached to them over the years. I would be broken up if any of them were taken away...

onefst240
10-19-2009, 04:20 PM
sorry to hear man. As a pitbull owner i would say that its not the dogs fault. Its the owners fault. Ive had my pitbull for 4 years and he has never bit me,any dog or any other person. If you raise teh pitbull to be mean then its eventually going to bite someone or something.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs262.snc1/8918_1133088686728_1212619981_30370444_268446_n.jp g

tanks13
10-20-2009, 01:55 AM
sorry to hear about this man i fucken sucks when your dog dies. last year for my birthday i got the worst present ever a phone call saying my dog is dying and a few mins later my dog is dead. it was my 21st b day i cried like there was no tomorrow i was bawling like a little girl,big grown ass mothafucker named tank crying in front of every one i knew she was a chow chow mixed with a german shepard i loved that dog. so i know how it feels to lose a dog now i got this akita fuck shes a pain in the ass. i need to train the new beast hahah

dude I hope your dog goes to doggy heaven =/
and as for this
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/cocopuffs992005/all_dogs_go_to_heaven.jpg

oh and btw whats a good chain that my dog wont brake chew thru or get out off

DreamN
10-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Why would you need to chain your dog?

Crate train your dog or provide an adequate sized kennel. Crates are quite cheap as well and you can always find them for damn near free on craigslist. Kennels are a little pricier, but if you're to lazy to train or feel that a crate isn't for you they're the next best thing.

Here's a great kennel at an amazing price:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=167285&pid=_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=330749

240love
10-20-2009, 08:37 AM
that sir is awesome ^^ thanks

kandyflip445
10-20-2009, 09:32 AM
That's horrible. It would break my heart to lose ONE dog. After two I would be emotionally wrecked. I hope you make it through this man.

tanks13
10-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Why would you need to chain your dog?

Crate train your dog or provide an adequate sized kennel. Crates are quite cheap as well and you can always find them for damn near free on craigslist. Kennels are a little pricier, but if you're to lazy to train or feel that a crate isn't for you they're the next best thing.

Here's a great kennel at an amazing price:

Sam's Club - Lucky Dog Hi-Rise Kennel W/Cover (http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=167285&pid=_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=330749)

not a chain dude my bad i meant a collar but thanks for the link but that not what i need i just wanna walk my dog with out worring she gonna get out the her collar she all ready ripped her harnees anti pull harness outgrew her collar and people at the dog park tell me to get a choker chain and some people dont i just wanna know which one would be best