PDA

View Full Version : rough cold idle and weird sensor readings

Pirate_Freder
09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
So since I rebuilt my timing system on my 93 KA24DE and installed Brian Crower V2 cams my cold starts have been terrible. Until the stock temp gauge starts to actually register something after a couple/few minutes at ~2k rpm it won't idle, it just sputters out. Also while I am holding the revs up it sputters every one in a while like a little misfire and also from time to time seems to lose 100-200rpms without me moving the throttle.

As soon as the stock temp gauge starts registering it will idle but it pulses by 50-100rpms, kinda like I have even bigger cams. But once the gauge gets into the middle then the idle is pretty well smooth except for a little blip here and there that is like the misfires when warming up but tamer.

I just tested my TPS and my coolant temp sensor and the readings were very odd. The TPS read backwards according to Greg's guide(KA24DE : Checking TPS and adjusting idle: Nissan Articles: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=161700)), my readings with my multimeter at 2000k ohms were:

between points 1/2:
closed: 10 (should be 2)
open: 2 (should be 10)
even more open(maybe farther then it normally goes): blank

since those readings were backwards I figured I'd try 2/3:
closed: 0-1
open: 9

And for my coolant temp sensor(what should the meter be set to?) with engine lightly warmed up:
2000k: blank
200k: 0.7
20k: 0.710
200: blank EDIT:I think this actually read 710
20: blank

....replace both? what do you guys think?

Pirate_Freder
09-28-2009, 08:11 PM
also remembered/noticed when I was driving today that it does stumble sometimes when I go into neutral just before completely stopping. Also on occasion the idle stumbles when it's warmed up but not bad at all, I just give it a little pulse and it's good to go.