PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity

ClutchKickThatBitch
09-28-2009, 07:11 AM
My friend been talking about it all weekend and was wondering if anyone's seen it yet..it says it's already had a

limited release..here's the trailer

F_UxLEqd074

Demand it in your city

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

I casted my vote to have it in L.A

SochBAT
09-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Asshole. I'm at work, and there are a dickload of random sounds.

FUCKER.

ClutchKickThatBitch
09-28-2009, 07:36 AM
There all around you lol

SochBAT
09-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Luckily THEY'RE not around me.

/relief

exitspeed
09-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Gonna watch it when i get home.

zenki.life
09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
hmmm ill have to see this preview when i get home.

ESmorz
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Looks like Scare Tactics.

Pass.

S14_Kouki
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Is this a real movie or something from Hollywood??

DataXUnknown
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I demanded it for LA area. I don't really think it's going to be anything that great though to tell you the truth.

ronmcdon
09-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Is this a real movie or something from Hollywood??

It's a US indie film made for a shoestring $11k.
Just got released this past weekend.
Hollywood is considering a remake.

I don't mind checking it out.
has good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.
it's not like there's a lot of good stuff playing now.
I'd watch this over some generic 'remake' garbage.

Paranormal Activity (film)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paranormal Activity is a 2007 horror film written and directed by Oren Peli. The movie premiered at the Screamfest Film Festival in US on October 14, 2007 and at the Slamdance Film Festival on January 18, 2008.[1] The film received a limited release in the United States beginning September 25, 2009. The movie centers around a young couple, Katie and Micah, who are haunted by a demonic presence in their home. The movie is presented through the cameras set up by the couple to capture the ghost activity.
Contents
[hide]

Paranormal Activity was written and directed by Oren Peli, an Israeli-born video game designer who had no formal film training. The film was shot in one week in 2006 with a $11,000 budget and a hand-held video camera.

* Steven Spielberg had taken a Paranormal Activity DVD screener to his Pacific Palisades estate, and not long after he watched it, “the door to his empty bedroom inexplicably locked from the inside.” The famous director was forced to call a locksmith, and returned the screener back to Dreamworks in a garbage bag, certain that his copy of the movie was haunted.
* When DreamWorks made a deal to acquire Paranormal Activity, it originally didn’t include a theatrical release. The studio wanted to produce a bigger budget remake of the film with director Oren Peli (his original film would be included with the remake’s DVD).
* The contract required DreamWorks to hold one test screening before starting the remake. Several screenwriters were invited to the March 2008 test screening in Burbank in the hopes of finding a scribe for the new version. Moviegoers began walking out of the screening, claiming they weren’t bored but scared. After the screening it was decided to release the original in theaters.
* Peli is about to start filming his second feature, another original, found-video thriller called Area 51 which is described as a “claustrophobic terror”.

[edit] Critical reception

Limited screenings of the film have been well received by critics so far. The movie currently has a 90% "Fresh" rating from Rotten Tomatoes based on 21 reviews.[2]

illvialuver
09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
eh looks alright.

Matej
09-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Heard this movie being called the new Blair Witch.

Supposedly it is pretty good.

SimpleS14
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Heard this movie being called the new Blair Witch.

Supposedly it is pretty good.

I heard this too.

How it's not playing in New York city or D.C. amazes me lol

wh0aitznic0
09-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm sitting with my legs underneath my bed...

I just took them out.

gzer750
09-28-2009, 11:28 PM
i did see this movie early last year at a screening in glendale. let me say it freaked me out. its made to seem like its the real deal. since it was filmed using a personal video camera. they did a great job on this flick. ( the ghost is bad ass)

ronmcdon
09-29-2009, 12:06 AM
^^^
I'd believe that.

I think a lot of the adverse response in this thread is due the crappy 'official trailer'.
Come to think of it, it is one of the most god-awful trailers ever.
A trailer should be about the film, not a bunch of kiddies in the theatre jumping out of the seats.
It's really lame.

Were the film-makers THAT broke and/or lazy,
that they couldn't have the editor come up with something semi respectable?
Give any random person in Zilvia with video editing know-how, editing software (final cut pro maybe) raw footage, and a day or two.
I'm willing to bet anyone of us could do a better job.
They really fucked up here.

That aside, I'd rather see a good film & a bad trailer,
than the other way around.

bl3ujay07
09-29-2009, 12:48 AM
the film looks somewhat scary. I watched the trailer couple days ago, and its kind of scary in the sense that you dont actually see the ghost. Im waiting for it to come out "In theaters near you [me]".

drift_limo
09-29-2009, 12:54 AM
looks pretty cool .. to bad its all fake ..

SimpleS14
09-29-2009, 04:49 AM
looks pretty cool .. to bad its all fake ..

This movie is fake, but paranormal activity does exist (IMO).

4DOOR_LIFE
09-29-2009, 05:03 PM
my co-worker told me this movie scared the living crap out of him.

Japan88
09-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Dude i want to see this movie. Why would they show it in Hollywood and not have it in theaters over here? Makes no sence.

Japan88
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Well i guess they do have it in LA but 1hr away from my house. Has any1 seen it yet? Worth watching and worth the drive?

drift_limo
09-29-2009, 07:20 PM

i think it does..

but thats what sucks about hollywood now you cant tell whats real and whats fake

still looks like a dope movie but it kinda reminds me of a blair witch type movie.

kouki fanatic
09-29-2009, 10:50 PM
is this movie out yet.

ClutchKickThatBitch
09-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I JUST ORDERED MY TICKETS FOR THE SHOWING IN L.A.

Its for 12:20 early Saturday morning I will let everyone know what my fiance and I though of it cant wait im so F'N excited

lolatclint
09-30-2009, 12:12 PM
lol haha ...............

zylvia213
09-30-2009, 12:13 PM
i did see this movie early last year at a screening in glendale. let me say it freaked me out. its made to seem like its the real deal. since it was filmed using a personal video camera. they did a great job on this flick. ( the ghost is bad ass)

i saw the trailer and seems pretty spooky. Hey so is this movie being played at theaters here in LA??? i want to go watch it just so i cant sleep at night and cry like a lil bitch

99maxgtr
09-30-2009, 12:18 PM
it looks ok.
i wasn't freaked out by the preview though.

ClutchKickThatBitch
09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
i saw the trailer and seems pretty spooky. Hey so is this movie being played at theaters here in LA??? i want to go watch it just so i cant sleep at night and cry like a lil bitch

Yeah man its in L.A. now here is the only theater that is playing it

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/ArcLight/faces/MovieDetails.jsp?movieName=PARANORMAL+ACTIVITY#

ClutchKickThatBitch
10-01-2009, 09:18 AM
It's official son....Going Late Saturday early Sunday at 1am cant wait I'll let everyone know how it is

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/untitled-4.jpg

zylvia213
10-01-2009, 09:53 AM
It's official son....Going Late Saturday early Sunday at 1am cant wait I'll let everyone know how it is

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/untitled-4.jpg

ill be buying tickets today for friday-saturday midnight. How much are the tickets there i forgot?

ClutchKickThatBitch
10-01-2009, 10:14 AM
ill be buying tickets today for friday-saturday midnight. How much are the tickets there i forgot?

There 14.50 but I think those times are sold out and its reserved seating its not like a normal theater it kinda looks like a opera house lol.

aziankingz
10-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Oprah has a public movie theater in her house? This movie looks pretty cool.. i would watch it or maybe download it.

ClutchKickThatBitch
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
hahaha I meant opera

shmiddy
10-01-2009, 12:20 PM
interesting.. i guess ill check it out

zylvia213
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Oprah has a public movie theater in her house? This movie looks pretty cool.. i would watch it or maybe download it.

lol... I been to the arclight before...actually to watch transformers. shit ima buy my tickets tonight

gzer750
10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
i recommend it. there is a scene where the ouija board catches on fire. i would of moved out that night.

gzer750
10-01-2009, 09:44 PM
this is a great movie to take a date.

ronmcdon
10-01-2009, 11:37 PM
NO spoilers please.
Some of us plan to watch this soon.

xBlastoisex
10-02-2009, 08:42 PM
wow looks intense. dont really want to see it tho, cause im a sissy :P

satal95
10-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Down here in san antonio it's sold out til monday. It suxs that it's only playing in one theater and only once a day

ClutchKickThatBitch
10-05-2009, 06:43 AM
SO here is my review of the movie

After catching a 1am showing of it in Hollywood on Sunday with my gf plus my friend and his girl I must say this movie is so worth your money and any distance you need to drive in order to see it. To me it wasn't as good as everyone hyped it up to be I mean its was good but a lot of ppl were saying its the scariest movie of all time etc to me it was more of a movie that gave you chills running down your back. Mainly for the fact of how the movie was shoot the who hand held camera really made it feel like it was based on a true story or events. The beginning of the movie was kinda boring but as the movie went on you just couldn't wait for them to go to sleep so you can see what kinda paranormal stuff was going to happen that night. But I must say the ending its self to me felt like a Hollywood ending I am not going to say what happen but I wished they changed it then to end it the way it did. But all and all I give this movie a B+ I also noticed some ppl had to walk out because the movie was so frighting and once the movie was over when we were walking out I saw one of the girl that walked out and she was in tears and as we passed the concession stand a mop feel over and OMG you should have heard this girl scream everyone was just cracking up all and all it was worth the drive

WanganRunner
10-05-2009, 07:00 AM
I'll have to look around and see if this is in DC.

Might be scarier and/or more fun to just watch it in your house though, because then you have to sleep there, lol.

zylvia213
10-05-2009, 11:59 AM
dam last thursday i was trying to buy some tickets and the dam movie sold out for friday and saturday. That shit sold out fast.... i wonder how long they are going to be showing it.

satal95
10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
dam last thursday i was trying to buy some tickets and the dam movie sold out for friday and saturday. That shit sold out fast.... i wonder how long they are going to be showing it.

Finally got tickets for this coming friday. It's been sold out all week:eek3: I dont know how it is where your at but my theater is going to start showing multiple showings starting this friday but it's still the only theater in town that is showing it.

xBtony
10-06-2009, 11:56 PM
lol..movie seems dope..i'll prolly check it out...trailer kinda tripped me out tho..HAHA

palauoriginal
10-11-2009, 10:32 PM
movie is a trip.
scary stuff

wangan_cruiser
10-11-2009, 11:59 PM

like he said

living room
YouTube - Unbelievable poltergeist activity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5_RpNgxptQ)
attic
YouTube - Truly terrifying poltergeist experience (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r03M4mRR7Bk)

compilation

YouTube - Ghosts, Spirits & Poltergeists - Caught On Film!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5-Gi7FD1Q)

real or not?

ill watch this movie when i get the chance. or just download it.

karl wasabi
10-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Kinda want to see this movie, but I'm too scared. lol. It's not the actual movie that I'm worried about, but after the movie being at home... alone... in the dark. haha.

hellaslows13
10-12-2009, 12:21 AM
2/5................

xBtony
10-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Holy shit..1 million demands..its going nation wide the 16th

satal95
10-12-2009, 01:41 AM
I give this movie a 2.5 out of 5. The show A Haunting on discovery channel is more scarier then this crap. A couple of good scenes but that's all

325irollin
10-12-2009, 05:17 AM
I want to see it. I'm sure I'll be scared like a little biatch. I love scary movies

Twinchy
10-12-2009, 06:35 AM
^ i use to watch that show alot the haunting on discovery channel.. if that is scarier then the movie i think i just might watch zomebieland instead haha

zylvia213
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
i saw it on saturday night..... other then the crazy camera moving around and make me almost puke movie was pretty creepy. Not a true story but im pretty sure shit like this has been reported. Also no matter how fake it is it does its job.... B/S to the side the past couple of nights i been kinda scared at night lol...

hippo_chips
10-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Saw it last night, was such a trip. Was actually funny too, but definitely creepy. Great movie for this time of the year.

hOngsterr
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM
saw it when it came out, went to the block of orange, shit had lines that stretched super far, even out the theater itself lol. watched it at 11:10/15?
movie was boring, but ill admit it had some creepy scary parts.
over all boring and movie sometimes made you laugh.
also 2/5 stars lol

movie was over hyped.

ronmcdon
10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Just watched this over the weekend.
Overall, it's decent. I'd give it a C+.
For a film made for less than 12k, it's a great effort.

Pacing is a bit slow, but it IS a good thing.
It gives a good sense that the experience was somewhat realistic.
If you don't have much patience, this might not be for you.

The biggest weakness was that it really wasn't that scary.
You were kinda anticipating something had to happen at certain scenes.
Also sitting at the theater with giddy audiences did not help.
Nonetheless, the whole ordeal was entertaining and the concept was fairly novel.

Special effects aren't spectacular,
but they are effective for what the film offers.

It's really something that I would suggest watching at home by yourself.
You don't even need a huge TV or a great sound system.

Recommended rental.

Long.
10-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I watched this flick at the midnight showing last week @ The Block.
I'll admit - it'll scare (or creep) you out, but the lack of more good scenes really killed this movie. The first half of the movie was pretty damn slow that lead me to anticipate some epic shit, only to be disappointed with an unexpected and abrupt ending. That was my only gripe with this movie though... being at home alone after watching this movie will make you shit your pants.

8.5/10

choleboy
10-17-2009, 12:21 PM
watched it last night.

im mind fucked l0l

kyoru
10-17-2009, 12:27 PM
was gonna go watch this last night but sold out before i got there! can't wait to see it with my girlfriend hahha

bardabe
10-17-2009, 12:47 PM
I watched this flick at the midnight showing last week @ The Block.
I'll admit - it'll scare (or creep) you out, but the lack of more good scenes really killed this movie. The first half of the movie was pretty damn slow that lead me to anticipate some epic shit, only to be disappointed with an unexpected and abrupt ending. That was my only gripe with this movie though... being at home alone after watching this movie will make you shit your pants.

8.5/10

pussy :ddog: i saw this movie on a Tuesday night, it was alright i guess, it wasn't necessarily scary it was more of an "oh shit" factor i can still sleep at night comfy as fuck in the comfort of my own home. did i mention i live behind a sedentary?

ravinaziankid
10-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I watched it a few days ago, it was actually not scary at all until the last minute because of the shocking end. Most of the time it was predictable which of course we all knew what to expect and that guy was retarded.

9s13Coupe3SX
10-17-2009, 08:48 PM
movie was crap, watching it at the arclight was crappier and wat was more crappy is that day must have been rainbow night cause there was an super amount of same sex guys feeding each other popcorn, screaming and whisppering extremely loud to each other...=/

g-via
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
^

step 1: Don't go to gay interest movie theatres

Flipzide
10-17-2009, 10:15 PM
i saw it last night. other than the rowdy crowd, random girls screaming, and a bunch of dudes trying to scare their girlfriends with noises, i enjoyed the movie.

if i had to do it again, i would've waited to watch it at home on dvd or blu ray. watching this movie in your own living room would make the experience more "creepy" imo.

9s13Coupe3SX
10-17-2009, 10:17 PM
^

step 1: Don't go to gay interest movie theatres

can't help it if your baby's moma wants to watch it rite?

ronmcdon
10-18-2009, 12:12 AM
annoying audiences almost always ruin films like this.

240sxxs
10-18-2009, 01:19 AM
they are showing limited in arizona only.. not every theater will showing this movie even thought it said nowplaying everywhere..but for some reason my harkins near my house doesnt show it .....i might have to drive to westgate to watch this..

Persona
10-18-2009, 09:49 AM
This is my opinion so it may not agree with yours:

This movie sucked, good ideas yet not used to their full extent the end product not that good of a movie.

For goodness sakes i dozed off in the movie i was so bored, but hey just wasn't for me i guess.

1ZlowZ
10-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Some scenes of the movie were funny haha, the dude was hilarious. Movie wasn't scary though, I've had crazy stuff happen to me at my pad, so I'm desensitized when it comes to this stuff. I slept like a baby.

Kaizen.
10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
My opinion:

WACCCCK! Movie costed what $15k to make? I would have done it with 5!

I watched the movie for free, free pop corn, free slurpee n still thought it was wack. I want 2 hours of my life back.

Got dizzy within 5 minutes. Annoyed in 30. Would have left but I was there with 8 other people.

Didn't think it was scary for shit, ust a lot of shaky camera.

Side note: Very good "New" way to advertise, by having people vote for it to have it at their cities.

overrated....

ALTRNTV
10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex in the City was scarier than this.

240sxxs
10-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex in the City was scarier than this.

i LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: kiss:

thisisastickup
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
annoying audiences almost always ruin films like this.
Yeah, that's what happened tonight for me. Everyone was screaming endlessly at everything, including constant screaming through the whole fucking ouija board scene.

Shit movie in all, though, it could have been way scarier. If the "demon" wasn't invisible, I would have personally been more scared. The only scary part was from where she got dragged down the hall, and even then only the screams were the scary part.

mayco_86
10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Movie was alrite. I should had waited to see it on blue ray. Oh well waste of $11 for me.

Team DET
10-18-2009, 11:13 PM
7/10 imo............

Persona
10-19-2009, 07:53 AM
My opinion:

WACCCCK! Movie costed what $15k to make? I would have done it with 5!

I watched the movie for free, free pop corn, free slurpee n still thought it was wack. I want 2 hours of my life back.

Got dizzy within 5 minutes. Annoyed in 30. Would have left but I was there with 8 other people.

Didn't think it was scary for shit, ust a lot of shaky camera.

Side note: Very good "New" way to advertise, by having people vote for it to have it at their cities.

overrated....

:bigok: Thanks i thought i was the only one.

Twinchy
10-19-2009, 08:00 AM
So i finally saw the movie last night.. it was pretty creepy.. if it wasnt for Katies nice looking boobs i dont think i could have enjoyed the movie

zylvia213
10-19-2009, 10:18 AM
So i finally saw the movie last night.. it was pretty creepy.. if it wasnt for Katies nice looking boobs i dont think i could have enjoyed the movie

Dam right she had some big boobys!:wackit:

s13poop
10-20-2009, 04:50 PM
^ ohhhhhhhhhh yea too bomb :bigok:

swiftdrift
10-21-2009, 01:26 AM
"Katy got sum nice ass tittays!"
-Dave Chappelle.

I thought movie was pretty creepy, my dad said it sucked. The exorcist was scarier. and thinks that show "a haunting" is scarier as well.

....So much for trynna scare my pops lol

LeftNutOfGowd
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM
The movie leaked out online so if you havnt seen it yet look for it and watch it at home I think you'll have a better experience seeing it at home then in a theater

http://i34.tinypic.com/ddz1ur.gif

240love
10-25-2009, 06:30 PM
fuck this movie... i usually dont like watching "scary" movies cause well they arent really scary but i must say this one freaked me out cause im always alone at home most of the time.

trippy shit when she got dragged across the hallway and when they say the footsteps

definitely some creepy shit IMO

Kwonza Says
10-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Ehh JUST finished watching it online....3/10 imo I still believe crazy shit like that happens in some part of the world. Ending wasn't really happy with...

240love
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
yea thats the reason i say fuck this movie cause i believe too and this just makes it worst

RentonD
10-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Personally I thought the movie was great. I loved how the footsteps looked like over-sized chicken feet with the stride of a man. So sweet. Also the bite mark from being taken down stairs by the demon? Pure awesome. Honestly, whether you believe in this or not. A simple search for possession or demonology on wikipedia clears up some stuff right away, although it is a bit religious give or take a few paragraphs. Point is, the movie was sweet and done quite well. It's a suspense-driven scary movie.

For those of you who are afraid of the movie, there are an extremely small amount of possessions through history in which the possessed didn't desire the malevolent spirit to dwell within them. Possessions just don't occur normally without a desire for it. End of story.

Go see the movie. Have fun. It was great. I'm not supporting illegal streaming or anything, but I watched with about 2 dozen friends two nights ago at 3 in the morning in a dark classroom. We had quality speakers and a nice projector. Made it 10x scarier I'm sure. Only difference was it didn't have the theatrical ending.

Thank You Oren Peli.

jayrawr
10-25-2009, 07:29 PM
it was a waste of 7 bux for me... lol only found the part where she gets dragged outta the room pretty trippy.

randomxzero
10-26-2009, 02:54 AM
movie was a waste of money.. i thought it was more funny than scary...
they should of showed the deleted sex scenes :/

Kouki_Mnster
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I've heard some mixed reviews some people thought it was creepy others thought it was funny, plus if you went with a tough crowd that laughed at everything then it was hard to even watch the damn thing.

meteorite_flo
10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
There's three endings for this movie.

wangan_cruiser
10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
guy asked for it. haha what a douche.

you shouldnt play with something you dont see.

CusCo_S14
10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
i saw the movie the other day...i thiught i was funny as hell.....bcuz of the chicks B/F always talking shit and thinking he can handle it

FaLKoN240
10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
You guys are getting really close to ruining the movie for others.

Kaizen.
10-27-2009, 05:36 AM
the movie ruined itself.

SimpleSexy180
10-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Honestly i thought movie was good. A lot of people SHOULD NOT watch this movie because your probably into whack ass movies like Saw.

But..watching it in a theater was a fucking mistake. All those assholes laughing or talking through the whole movie. That's one reason why i am picky about watching movies in a theater.

wangan_cruiser
10-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Honestly i thought movie was good. A lot of people SHOULD NOT watch this movie because your probably into whack ass movies like Saw.

But..watching it in a theater was a fucking mistake. All those assholes laughing or talking through the whole movie. That's one reason why i am picky about watching movies in a theater.

yea i had those too but they are in the front. i think this people who laughs on scary movie are the ones are really scared. who just man up and tries to front

way to ruin a good movie.

ronmcdon
10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Well it was hard not to laugh at times.
Some of the scenes, like the chicken feet, the ouja board, & the MJ face morph were unforgivably corny.
To me it was entertaining & funny, but not that scary.

I do agree some of the ppl laughing might have been putting up a front.

ZX88
10-27-2009, 04:24 PM
this movie was super hyped. it really was not that good.or scary

Edgar
10-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I would be the first guy to say a movie sucks, don't read anything about it and just go watch it like I did and just take it for what it is.

Click X and go!

enjoy the movie! it's good!

kensreliableb18b
10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
come on guys. i admit, the movie wasn't that scary, but it was way better than half of the lame high budget horror flicks that are put out every year. it was good from an "entertainment" standpoint.

TommyBoy89
10-31-2009, 12:17 AM
Just watched it drunk with friends...what an absolute shit fucking movie. We laughed and joked about the spirits grabbing boobs the whole time. I wouldn't even give this a 1/10, can't believe all the hype of this crap.

10k or 150k this movie sucked, end of story.

ZX88
10-31-2009, 05:35 AM
b=horror movies with bad acting and titties are the best. this movie was lame like the exorcist 5

Omarius Maximus
10-31-2009, 06:26 AM
they filmed this crap in my neighborhood.

kyoru
11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
it was alright but they seriously build up so much suspense for the first night and nothing crazy happened. Everyone was screaming like a little girl in the theater wtf? But the ending caught me off guard.

meteorite_flo
11-01-2009, 01:21 PM
guy asked for it. haha what a douche.

you shouldnt play with something you dont see.

Yeah, he was trying to be real hard, captain save-a-ass mother fucker. He should have been left. I swear he took a hadouken to the chest. LOL.

wangan_cruiser
11-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, he was trying to be real hard, captain save-a-ass mother fucker. He should have been left. I swear he took a hadouken to the chest. LOL.

raging demon bro LOL.

MikeisNissan
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Movie sucked balls. Was not scary AT ALL.

brndck
11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
meh. it was decent. i got chills a few times. i was lucky enough to have an empty theater so no hecklers (usually i'm the one doing the heckling). i thought it looked realistic, till the end at least. and +1 for nice boobies.

duffman1278
11-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I never heard about this movie until I went to see it saturday, over all it wasn't that bad actually. I was satisfied with it, but I wouldn't pay 11$ to see it, but also I wouldn't pay 11$ to see any movie.

wangan_cruiser
11-04-2009, 02:16 AM
+1 for nice boobies.

got that right. i was just looking at em while waiting on the night shots. LMAO

Tantwoforty
11-04-2009, 09:37 PM
i saw it the other night.... meh.. it was slow.. and aliiitle to predictable for me.. scary noise.. creepy things... scared people. repeat.. with a dash of boobies.

negrosx13
11-09-2009, 03:35 AM
It was good movie i think...took lil long to get to the scary shit,i need to find the other endings..

sub9lulu
07-02-2010, 09:08 AM
they have a #2 out

trailer here

YouTube - Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) - Trailer Official HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qt_002jXjs)

9qt_002jXjs

Turbo Nismo
07-02-2010, 09:20 AM
they have a #2 out

trailer here

YouTube - Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) - Trailer Official HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qt_002jXjs)

9qt_002jXjs
WTF!? But she died in 2 of the 3 endings..... In one of them the cops kill her and in the other one she cuts her neck.:tweak:

mr_eh
07-02-2010, 09:26 AM
the three endings was her... slicing her throat, cops killing her, and the theatrical she leaps at the camera?

also, does it mention her in the sequel? i am watching it muted at work

double also, i watched this movie alone at night, the week my dad happened to go on vacation, so i was home alone for a week... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man, every fucking.. gust of wind and creek, i left the hallway light on and would check to make sure it was on constantly... and my fucking door in my room with the windows open slams itself when the wind is strong, woke up at like 3am one night to a slamming door with no one in the house...

the stupid door when latched has some play so it was bouncing like someone was jiggling the handle, YEAH NO SLEEP FOR ME pretty much

TeamFRAT
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM
But the original ending was just her all possesed and shit right?

mr_eh
07-02-2010, 09:37 AM
afaik in theatres its the one of her leaping at the camera open ended, so yeah...

the one i first saw originally was the cops laying her out, i never saw her killing herself version

Turbo Nismo
07-02-2010, 09:39 AM
the three endings was her... slicing her throat, cops killing her, and the theatrical she leaps at the camera?

also, does it mention her in the sequel? i am watching it muted at work

double also, i watched this movie alone at night, the week my dad happened to go on vacation, so i was home alone for a week... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man, every fucking.. gust of wind and creek, i left the hallway light on and would check to make sure it was on constantly... and my fucking door in my room with the windows open slams itself when the wind is strong, woke up at like 3am one night to a slamming door with no one in the house...

the stupid door when latched has some play so it was bouncing like someone was jiggling the handle, YEAH NO SLEEP FOR ME pretty much
LOL!!!!!!!!! I imagine it, hahaha!!!

But the original ending was just her all possesed and shit right?

Well I think yes, but....

TeamFRAT
07-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I never saw the dvd because it scared the shit out of me enough away from home...let alone if I did watch it at home.

I never ever heard there was a police 186ing that chick though...

mr_eh
07-02-2010, 10:45 AM
yeah what happens is the cops come into the home after she is sitting by the bed with the knife in her hand and she snaps out of it after the cops find the dead guy downstairs and her upstairs with the knife and she is so confused and runs to the cop to ask for help sorta, but with the knife in her hand, so he puts her down

I LUV MY S13
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I never saw the dvd because it scared the shit out of me enough away from home...let alone if I did watch it at home.

I never ever heard there was a police 186ing that chick though...

187 yo!

yeah what happens is the cops come into the home after she is sitting by the bed with the knife in her hand and she snaps out of it after the cops find the dead guy downstairs and her upstairs with the knife and she is so confused and runs to the cop to ask for help sorta, but with the knife in her hand, so he puts her down

hmm is it worth finding and watching? i dont believe in ghosts so not too scary

mr_eh
07-02-2010, 11:24 AM
187 yo!

hmm is it worth finding and watching? i dont believe in ghosts so not too scary

whether you believe in ghosts or not is irrelevant for this movie to be "scary", it's not like things pop up and scare you, it's more of a psychological scary, the main dude in the movie doesn't believe in ghosts either... but... that doesnt mean anything :) ... i think it's worth watching alone with the lights off ... it's not gonna blow your mind or anything, but just imagine being in their situation

sorta like blair witch, it's not scary, but if you think about what is so horrible/powerful that if they told you to stand in a corner and face the wall you would do it

I LUV MY S13
07-02-2010, 11:28 AM
No i watched the whole movie already in theatres, what im asking is if this alternate ending is worth watching? I'll admit the movie was pretty creepy, but i mean it didnt faze me that night or whatever. My brother though slept with the light on for about 3 days, friend slept with it on for about a week ha.

mr_eh
07-02-2010, 11:42 AM
then yes, its worth watching just the ends you can probably find it on youtube by now

maxxdsix
07-02-2010, 12:03 PM
i saw it with my ex *gf at the time*.

To start off with, someone told her it was a real video that someone took and it was a true story, so she was scared shitless to begin with, i just told her it wasnt and blah blah blah, so shes sitting there watching it thinking its real freaking out and i kinda thought it was funny, like when the ghost was pulling the covers off them and stuff.

Get in the car, she wont get in on her side cuz shes afraid so she gets in on my side and climbs over to the passenger side, shes still scared even though i told her it wasnt real, we get home and she wont turn the light off in my room, and she refused to walk down the hall alone. Posted the video for the 2nd one on her FB and she said she was to scared to watch the preview.

lol, i guess different people see things differently, especially when you think its real though.

TeamFRAT
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
hahaha whoops 187...my bad...I'm from minnesota. We don't kill people here.

Psycologically the movie funks with ya. I have seen ghost in real life. blah blah blah No need for debate on that but Im sure the new one will probably suck, yet i'll go see it anyways lol.

hOngsterr
07-02-2010, 03:30 PM
a part 2 is coming out!

s13_redSILVIA
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
this movie wasn't even that good...or scary for that matter.
hope part 2 is better.

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
seriously, probably the worst scary movie I've ever seen.

I forget the name of it but the one that came out last year about the aliens in Alaska and how they hypnotized them is freaking awesome. Really good movie.

Xplat
07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
^ The 4th Kind.

That one was sOOO slowly paced. The only scares are cheap jump scares which are like two. There's no psychological fear being built up for how incredibly slow the pace of the movie is. At least Paranormal activity had it's creepy moments although overall not very scary. 4th kind just ended with me being pissed off that I watched the whole thing and nothing good or worthwhile happened in the movie.

Oh, and they/she weren't hypnotizing aliens, they were hypnotizing the victims to dig deeper and try to find out what happened to them. Although, I totally don't blame you and understand why you would forget the name of the movie as well as the basic premise of the movie considering how bad it was.

moocowmoo
07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
On this paranormal activity note...... i cant believe that they had to pull all of the Paranormal Activity 2 trailers from all the twilight screenings... wtf kind of bullshit is that.... or am I alone on that one.... they claimed its too scary? ....:coolugh:

satal95
07-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll go and check 2 out. I might have to buy the dvd to just see all three endings

I LUV MY S13
07-02-2010, 08:07 PM
I think they over did it on the 4th kind

maxxdsix
07-02-2010, 08:33 PM
On this paranormal activity note...... i cant believe that they had to pull all of the Paranormal Activity 2 trailers from all the twilight screenings... wtf kind of bullshit is that.... or am I alone on that one.... they claimed its too scary? ....:coolugh:
seriously?

they didnt wanna scare the preteen girls?

i would have played it 10x per showing on opening night if i was the movie theater :D

moocowmoo
07-02-2010, 08:41 PM
^^^ roflamo I know.. but yes. I forget. but my gf showed me the article somewhere.... damn twitards