PDA

View Full Version : Which of these cars would you choose and why?

driftpolice
09-25-2009, 08:04 AM
out of the following cars, audi tt, acura tsx, 2007 civic si, subaru wrx, saab 9-3, or 350z what would you choose?
which do you think holds its value the best?
thanks!

exitspeed
09-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Why do you wanna know what car I'd take out of those?

What's the reason for the purchase? A daily? A track car? How much money do you have to spend?

I couldn't answer that question without knowing what I'd be buying the car for.

driftpolice
09-25-2009, 08:35 AM
a daily, trying to keep expenditure under 20k.
I am having a hard time deciding myself, wanted some outside input.

JEDIs13
09-25-2009, 08:38 AM
id go with the subie just because they are really fun to drive

shiftdrift06
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
I own a 350z, the value drop significantly when the 370z came out. Very limited interior space, the hatch space is decent, but the strut bar goes right through the middle and defeats the hatch roominess space. Road noise and interior rattle is very common, along with stiff suspension, and noisy transmission. I can deal with it, but im certain many people not ready to make that commitment.

I always loved subies. AWD always appealed to me. Also the exhaust note is quite unique for the boxer engine.BOOSTED AWD Launches FTW!!

Civic Si- my opinion, buy something else. My friend has one, probably the slowest out the group. Cool interior thought lol.

I am not too familar with the other cars lol

Sleepy240
09-25-2009, 09:12 AM
id go with the subie just because they are really fun to drive

IMO you buy a daily for its creature comforts and roominess. Right away your list screams I want a car to mod, not a car to drive. Have you ever sat in some of these cars? The Subies IMO have a junky interior that looks like a 10 year old put it together, the ride also is not the most comfortable, but it does have a pretty roomy back seat. Audi TT and 350z are a waste as a daily since you asked. Both are basically a coupe with no trunk space. The Acura is probably the nicest out of the group with the most options to help with those long road trips or traffic jams. And the Si is along the same lines, except not quite as nice, but should get better gas mileage with is a big plus with a daily. The Acura and Honda also have some of the nicest interiors of more recent cars. The Saab I have no experience with so I cannot really comment. Personally I would go with the TSX.

dudermagee
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Heres what I think in no specific order
audi tt:
Cons- no space, its german, its going to be expensive to repair, dumb shit will probly brake, its slow for the money
Pros-.......its pretty, my wife wants one?

acura tsx:
Cons- slower car
Pros- Lots of space, lots of atermarket support, good on gas, solid car, easy to repair, nice interior

2007 civic si:
Cons- slower car
Pros- probly the cheapes car on this list, Lots of space (specially if its sedan model), lots of atermarket support, good on gas, solid car, cheap\easy to repair, nice interior

subaru wrx:
Cons- shitty interior, awd means more shit can break, notorious for bad trannsmissions
Pro: awd is cool, turbo is cool, lots of space, lots of atermarket support, cheap power

saab 9-3: owned by GM nuff said

350z:
Cons-shitty milage, probly expensive for insurance, no room
Pros-quicker, lots of aftermarket support nice interior and exterior

Gnnr
09-25-2009, 09:59 AM
IMO you buy a daily for its creature comforts and roominess. Right away your list screams I want a car to mod, not a car to drive. Have you ever sat in some of these cars? The Subies IMO have a junky interior that looks like a 10 year old put it together, the ride also is not the most comfortable, but it does have a pretty roomy back seat. Audi TT and 350z are a waste as a daily since you asked. Both are basically a coupe with no trunk space. The Acura is probably the nicest out of the group with the most options to help with those long road trips or traffic jams. And the Si is along the same lines, except not quite as nice, but should get better gas mileage with is a big plus with a daily. The Acura and Honda also have some of the nicest interiors of more recent cars. The Saab I have no experience with so I cannot really comment. Personally I would go with the TSX.

I agree with this.

g6civcx
09-25-2009, 10:04 AM
out of the following cars, audi tt, acura tsx, 2007 civic si, subaru wrx, saab 9-3, or 350z what would you choose?
thanks!

I personally would avoid the Audi and Saab (even the rebadged Subie ones due to the premium) due to my experience fixing them.

I would also avoid the TSX because I don't like the way they drive. Acura dealers use them as loaner cars because they have 4 doors.

The 350Z is fun for like 2 days. After that it gets annoying. It's heavy and slow and not spacious. I'd rather drive my S13.

The WRX is adequate but steel feels a little slow and soft.

I hate to say it, but it looks like I would pick the Civic based on resale value, ergos, and acceptable driving experience, especially the new ones.

They're all good choices so good luck.

JVD
09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
WRX for sure.

You'll enjoy it.

And if it's in your price range, I'd look into an older STI. Perfect practical/fun car in stock form.

VROOOM
09-25-2009, 11:12 AM
you could probably get a brand new 09 Mazdaspeed3 for 20k right now. very fun car. its fast, handles great and has room for 4 people.

HyperTek
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
cant decide? get a truck so u will never have it in ur head "what if i had bought the other car?" lol

WanganRunner
09-25-2009, 01:15 PM
I'd buy the TSX or the Si, if it's a daily.

I assume you're not talking new, since the Z33 is in there. You don't want to own an Audi out of warranty.

WRX's are trouble unless you get the auto. My 5MT broke for no apparent reason (in reverse, 2-3mph) with 700 miles on the car. Brand new. Stay away.

The Z33 is by far the most fun and the best car, but it's got no space. If you're just a single dude though, I'd probably go with that.

I own an 08 TSX 5AT and it's a great car, fun in corners, enough power to be enjoyable, but not a track car. The Civic is quicker than the TSX and feels much more agile, relatively simple car, reliable, high-revving, fun.

If it was me, I'd buy an S2k, lol.

ESmorz
09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Subaru, because they smash the competition.

har har har

ronmcdon
09-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Of that group, I would prob opt for an Si or a 06-07 pig-nose WRX.
I've had some sort of experience with both.

I daily drove 08 Civic Si sedan for about half a year, before I wrecked it.
Was a really fun to drive & very practical!
It really is an aquired taste though,
given the nature of the higher revving K20 & shorter gears.
car has no torque & you have to shift a lot to stay in the appropriate powerband.
It's a very involving & fun to drive car.
I actually preferred driving my Si more than my 08' EVO X GSR

handling was so communicative.
helical diff was great.
gearbox was killer & engine was the best N/A 4cycl out there.
seats were awesome (nicer than the stock recaros on my evo imo).
fun to drive as hell on the auto-X.
mechanical engine tone was very sexy.
looks very sleeper (which is what I like).

Was practical too.
had higher mpg, extra space, and honda reliability.
God I miss that car!

Cons are that camber is difficult to adjust without aftermarket arms.
Suspension was also a tad bit soft for me.

Only thing you had to worry about was the pre-08 models.
they had a 3rd gear pop-out issue, that Honda didn't handle so well.
I would only opt for the 08's and later.

I never owned a WRX, but I did have a 06 STi at one point.
Overall pretty solid car.
Does everything well.
Steering is bit too light, but you can't really go wrong with it.
I would just take it out to a few track events to aquaint yourself with the car better.
But, that goes for any car regardless.

driftpolice
09-25-2009, 02:20 PM
hypertek i like your point. i may just add ridgeline to the list.
tsx and si are heavy favorites currently

Flicktitty
09-25-2009, 02:30 PM
saab 9-3: owned by GM nuff said

True that Saab is owned by GM, but GM also owns stake in Subaru. The 9-3X is a NICER version of the WRX.

for DAILY Duties i would get a Saab 9-3X AERO they are going pretty damn cheap now (some cheaper then compariable WRXs) only thing is they are pretty hard to find.

to me they look better then the WRX, also the 9-3X Aero comes with STI suspension and Steering rack, so it is a little heavier then the subie but it also looks and feels alot nicer. i've just started looking into them and as much as i would like a IS300 or a Cube i think this car makes the most sense for a daily car.

the 350Z is i think too adictive, if you were to get one i think the mod bug would hit you real quick (it would to me)

the wrx looks and feels too "Boy racerish" for me. Where as the saab no one really notices it.

Civic Si - Really? it get's decent gas mileage but i think the fun factor is out the window.

TSX - too much of a "grown up car" for me.

Audi TT - Nope too girly, unless you have a vagina then by all means get one.

S14_Kouki
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
tsx or 350 just because

SexPanda
09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Get a Saab 9-2x Aero.

Its a Saab, AND a Subaru WRX wagon lol

best of both worlds, the sportyness of the subaru, the luxury of the Saab.

SleepR 240sx
09-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I would opt for the civic. You know it's gonna be reliable. Plenty of room for luggage/people on trips. Good MPG. Handles well, K20's are some of the best motor's Honda has built. It's gonna be cheaper, and If you get an Si well you could leave it alone mod wise and still be happy. I'd love to have one to daily.

they had a 3rd gear pop-out issue, that Honda didn't handle so well.

That is very true. My friends 04 EP3 pops out frequently.

g6civcx
09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Has anyone ever tried to merge on the freeway in a TSX? Why is 2nd gear so tall?

garagelu
09-25-2009, 11:29 PM
probably the tsx. I would be tempted to mod all the other cars. And I will never buy a saab.

Pactin
09-26-2009, 12:30 AM
thanks!

Audi TT:
-Looks nice
-Will be expensive to repair/maintain
-FWD for the cheaper trim

Acura TSX:
-Reliable (its a honda)
-relatively good gas
-Beautiful
-FWD

Civic SI:
-Good gas
-cheap power
-FWD
-cheap maintenance

Subaru WRX:
-I personally have an 07 WRX sedan and its a very quirky car stock
-modding for power isn't so cheap
-relatively good gas mileage for AWD and weight (I avg. 23mpg)
-Rear seats are practically useless
-lots of cargo space
-AWD
-sort of costly to maintain (you've got to account for drivetrain, boxer engine's timing belts, buying 4 tires of same tread, etc...

Saab 9-3:
-I have no real experience with this
-FWD
-okay gas mileage from what sites say

350Z:
-Seems sort of slow?
-gas mileage isn't too great
-RWD
-looks great

Honestly take a test drive and see how you like them before judging off internet. If I had the choice, it would be between the SI and the WRX ;) (maybe even the TSX if I wanted to spend a little more).

Manuelitoohno
09-26-2009, 01:21 AM
you can get a slightly modded evo 8 maybe a 9 for your price range. i say evo

S14DB
09-26-2009, 02:40 AM
The interior on a Saab 9-3x is the exact same at the WRX wagon. The only thing you get for the extra money is a sightly different front end bodywork.

Only thing from your list I would recommend as a DD is the Civic SI. Maybe an early TSX.

Walperstyle
09-28-2009, 06:34 AM
avoid the audi TT, its a waste of money

sub9lulu
09-28-2009, 06:44 AM
The interior on a Saab 9-3x is the exact same at the WRX wagon. The only thing you get for the extra money is a sightly different front end bodywork.

Only thing from your list I would recommend as a DD is the Civic SI. Maybe an early TSX.

the 9-2x is the WRX, the 9-3x is something else

S14DB
09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
the 9-2x is the WRX, the 9-3x is something else

Sorry mistyped 9-2x.

ZX88
09-28-2009, 03:05 PM
acura/honda and subaru hold there value

xpertsnowcarver
09-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Acura TSX. Best daily you could get. Most reliable of your list (aside from the civic), more roomy than the civic. And possibly the cheapest insurance of your list.

xpertsnowcarver
09-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Has anyone ever tried to merge on the freeway in a TSX? Why is 2nd gear so tall?

I have. 2nd is actually my favorite gear. lol. The gear ratio on this car is really good for daily. Also, need to remember that the ratios are the keep the rpm in the low end where all the tq is at.