PDA

View Full Version : Problems with dealership

1ZlowZ
09-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Hey guys I currently purchased a 2005 dodge ram from a used car dealership and we've had a couple problems. We had an agreement, They would lower the price 1,500$ and put new tires on all fours. They agreed to put the tires on the next day since we wouldn't have a ride to get home and we live 1.5 hrs away. We agreed to bring the truck the next day when we came down to work in the morning, we work far. Anyways everything was fine with the truck when we took it. had 71.1k miles and a full tank of gas. We started work from 6AM until 5:30 PM when we got there, they hadn't put new tires on yet so we waited there while they did.

They finally got the tires on and stuff and had us on our way, we turn the truck on the full tank was now on Empty and had 300 extra miles stains on the carpet crums of food on the seats and stuff. So we discussed and they put some gas and agreed to get it detailed. We drove the truck home and the blinkers are messed up, when we turn the blinkers to the left, it jumps wildly from left to right the rear speakers are blown on the truck, everytime we make an agreement to something nothing is ever done. Is there anything we might be able to do through court or something. I don't know how to explain this shit just gets me heated. They also put a different address to send the bill and stuff, so its been a month and no bill has come, every time, I call to try and get things worked out they now say, they can't do shit and to workout our problems through the bank.

Cliffs,
-Bought a used truck from a dealer.
-We took truck to get new tires at the dealer with full tank of gas and everything working properly.
-We get truck back with 300 miles extra and truck gas on Empty
-Blinkers don't work anymore speakers are blown on the truck.
-Uncooperative dealership
-Seeking legal advice against dealership.

CrazyIvan
09-24-2009, 01:01 AM
TEXAS law gives you 3 days to cancel any auto purchase.

I've had a budy buy a wrecked jeep and when I saw the car I told him to take it back the next day and he did. By law the deal/contract was canceled and he got his money back 100%

On your state things may be different but I wouldnt be surprised if some states have something similar.

1ZlowZ
09-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Its been 30 days exactly today bought it aug 23rd, been too trustworthy with people. Just get pissed now.

HyperTek
09-24-2009, 01:29 AM
what the hell did they loan it out to someone? they didnt switch the truck with another one? lol

TheWolf
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM
probably can't get anything done legally as nothing was documented. just lazy shitty dealership.. you may try the bbb but they're useless if the dealership/other party doesn't care which is why your having the problem.

Some mechanic probably needed to move his GF or something. Hence why the tires weren't installed because they were driving it all night. Can't put 300 miles on new tires and have them look new.

VROOOM
09-24-2009, 08:08 PM
sounds really weird but i always take a pic of my mileage when dropping my car off at the dealer.